Chapter 34
2k 7 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, in the early morning, we decided to look around the town. Mostly to figure out what really happened here.

And not only that, the [Moon Wolf] we were trying to find could also be found somewhere in this area.

As we walked trough the eerie quiet town, we headed forwards our first destination, the library. Annette and Tia said that there might be something there. If we find something or not, is another story entirely.

It didn't take long until we reached the library. And just like the rest of the town, its empty. But this time, it just looks like an empty library, nothing else. There were some books on some tables here and there, but that's all.

We looked over some of the books in the history section, and luckily for us, it's using the common language, and not ancient elven text.

Just like the other books I've read, the history is pretty much the same. When we thought we really didn't find anything useful, I found a book that was a bit more different than the rest.

"This looks like a diary of some kind Tauro-sama."

"Mm? A diary?"

"This person was writing something called the [Dark One] and a black crystal."

"[Dark One]? I have never heard of that before. Same for this black crystal thing."

"Mm. Same here."

"There is nothing related to it within the elven history either, so I'm not sure sure."

Annette decided to read the diary out loud. What we learned was quite eerie.

 

  - Day 16 of Martan month.
  I have found some evidence of this thing called Dark One. 400km away from Jórn mountain range, there is crater. And within it, I found this large black crystal.
  I didn't dare approach it. I mean, who would? It was oozing out this... black fog thing. It felt like miasma, but way, way more dense and more evil.

  - Day 30 of Martan month.
  I went back to the crater, and the black crystal, has gotten bigger. I have no idea what that is, but I am carefully observing it.

  - Day 12 of Jupitar month.
  I went back to the crater, the black crystal started pulsating. I'm not sure what's going on, but this is very creepy.

  - Day 15 of Jupitar month.
  I found a tiny fragment of the black crystal. It's not pulsating, and does not give out any kind of fog like thing. And I don't feel any misma coming from it. I'm going to study it.

  - Day 17 of Jupitar month.
  I have studied this fragment for 2 days now. It's not made up of any crystal formations, what so ever. I used my microscope, and what I found was, nothing. I believe this is a piece from this [Dark One], which is probably this crystal life form.

  - Day 20 of Jupitar month.
  I've been seeing weird dreams lately. Or should I say nightmares? I'm not sure anymore. The fragment also wields no results.

  - Day 25 of Jupitar month.
  I've been hearing things lately... Not only that, I've been seeing... strange things too. I went to the doctor, but he said nothing was wrong with me. Am I going insane?

  - Day 2 of Julas month.
  I haven't been able to sleep lately, but that's not all there is. Recently people have gone missing, when I asked around about it, everyone I spoke to was confused who I was talking about, as if people forgot they even existed all together. I have a bad feeling about this, but my guess it has something to do with this black crystal, the [Dark One].

  - Day 16 of Julas month.
  I'm not sure what happened. Each and everyone one from the town, were all gone when I woke up. And I haven't been feeling well lately. Looking at the results, It looks like I don't have long. Is this the results from this black crystal fragment?

  - Day 18 of Julas month.
  It has been 2 days. I even checked the outskirts of the empty town, but what I found was a broken down road. I'm not even sure it's Julas month anymore... On closer inspection, it looked like the road had not been maintenance for over 500 years. I'm not sure why this town is still in it's pristine condition, I don't have the magical power to preserve an entire town. I'm going to leave this diary at the library if someone ever comes here in the future.

 

"Looks like this was his last entry. Hearing about en entire population of a town disappearing within a single night doesn't bode well to me."

Tia said with a troubled face.

"It sounds like this [Dark One] is an evil being of some sort. There are many monsters that devour people, so maybe it's one of those, but on a larger scale. Maybe we can gather more information if we check this person's home. But we should probably be very careful, since it contains this ominous crystal fragment."

"Mm."

"Alright. Let's find his house then. As it will surely take some time."

We quickly left the library behind and started our search for this person's house.

Annette said that, if this was a researcher, then his house would probably be a bit large. But the problem was that most houses were nearly of the same sizes.

We did eventually find a house that might have been his residence. All thanks to the efforts of my summons Verbena, Rose and Akemi.

83