Chapter 40
1.8k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month has passed since then, and today we were having gymnastics. We were going to simply run a few laps around the track. I can't remember the last time I had gymnastics.

Tia and I was quite excited, since we were going to run together. And of course, we weren't the only ones.

"Are you sure you want to run with me, Elenoir? I don't have such a great stamina."

"If you can't keep up, then I'll simply slow down. Let's run at our pace, shall we?"

On our gymnastics class today, we were going to run together, bound by the ankles with a simple rope. I was told it was to prepare for the upcoming sports day next week. Since me and Tia had been walking lots and lots in the other world, we weren't that worried about getting tired.

After everyone got ready, we got into position and then started running once the teacher said "GO!" in a loud voice. Me and Tia quickly reached the second place after a few minutes, while the other two, Elenoir and Anna, was lagging behind.

"Haah... Haaah... I... I can't... Haah..."

Anna, who did not have the greatest stamina, got extremely tired after nearly just 1 minute. Elenoir got worried and told Anna to stop, since she was getting white as a sheet.

"Teacher. I don't think Anna should compete in the sports day."

"You are completely right. I didn't think it would be this bad... Please take her to the infirmary, quickly."

Elenoir and Anna quickly left the class and headed back to the school building while the rest of us was running around the lap. We were quite worried about Anna, since it looked like she did not feel that well.

After our long gymnastics class, we went to the cafeteria. After we took a shower, of course. Elenoir did briefly return to class, but only to tell the teacher that she will look after Anna. She even said that she could write her off as "skipping" class, since she was that worried over Anna. But the teacher simply shook their head, smiled and said that her health was more important. Our gym teacher look real scary, but once you get to know him you realize he got a kind heart.

Me and Tia was thinking of heading to the infirmary, but Tia said that those two should probably be left alone for the time being. When we got to the cafeteria, we noticed Anna and Elenoir. Anna was still looking a little pale, but not as terrible as it was before.

"Hey, Anna. Feeling any better?"

"Ah. Princess Tiatania. I'm feeling a little better, but I should probably refrain from eating anything heavy."

"Mm. You still look a bit pale. You sure you are okay?"

Anna simply nodded. Telling us that she was fine now. She also told us that she has a weak constitution, so something like this is to be expected she says. I managed to pat her head and told her "I hope you will get better", in which she pouted to hide her embarrassment.

Anna eventually stopped looking so pale and felt better. She really had an appetite, I got full just by looking at it.

She is being fed properly, right? is what I thought when I saw all that food. And didn't she say that she shouldn't eat anything heavy?

 

~~**~~

 

After Anna got home that day, she noticed that she didn't get as tired as she usually did when she got home, since it was a long walk from the station. Her family may be a somewhat large company, but they still use the common way of traveling within the country, by trains. Her parents were born commoners, so their old way of living haven't really changed much. Anna herself doesn't mind this, since she was never really fond of expensive things.

"Mom~. I'm home!"

"Welcome back, Dear~. Did how was school today? Do you feel okay?"

"I'm fine. I even managed to eat lots today!"

Anna's mother was always worried about her daughter, and the moment she heard that she was able to eat a lot of food, a loud CLANG could be heard from the kitchen with some loud footsteps rushing towards where Anna was.

"Y-You managed to eat lots of food today?!"

"Yeah!"

Anna replied happily, with a toothy grin. It was the first time she ever saw her daughter looking very healthy, as Anna would always look a a bit pale due to her weak constitution. She called for a doctor so they could examine her, just to be sure. And it did not take long until the doctor arrived, the same doctor that usually examines Anna every month. After a quick examination, the doctor told Anna's mother that her symptoms that even they couldn't figure out or understand was fully gone.

"With the latest medical strides and technology, we can easily see the changes. And I triple checked, just to be sure I wasn't seeing wrong. And I can safely say that, whatever that caused your daughter to have a weak body, is now gone."

After the doctor confirmed that her daughter was indeed healthy now, she embraced her while sobbing. For so many years, she was scared that her precious daughter would disappear one day.

What the girls did not notice on that very day, was when Tauro said those words while giving Anna a headpat, her hand was faintly glowing.

75