Chapter 45
1.7k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the day before a new year. Also known as "New Year's Eve" by the mortals of this world. Tauronaya, Annette and Tiatania went to the New Year's Fair about an hour ago. The fair will go on from 22:00 until early next morning at 03:00. So it's just 1 more hour until it's a new year. Everything has been quiet and calm lately, but it feels like it's calm before the storm.

The influence from "It" or "That Thing" haven't been around for awhile. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it has very dark and muddy divinity. Just being near it makes me uncomfortable. All we know it has its eyes dead set on Tauronaya for some reason or another. And then there is this crystal, or what looks and feels like a crystal, that Tauronaya found in Jǫkullgarðr earlier this year.

It has a very faint trace of this dark divinity, which usually would make me feel terrible. But holding this, I don't feel uncomfortable. What's strange is that it's completely pure, yet has that faint trace. My guess is that we can use this, crystal?, looking thing. And use it to pinpoint where this thing is located at and possibly, eradicate it.

"...But how did she find such a pure specimen? Did Tauronaya purify it with her powers? Maybe that is her true power, purification?"

But then again, we don't want to put Tauronaya in danger. Well, it's not like she will somehow appear in front of this thing anyhow, so it's a needless worry.

"...Well then. Let's not make Tauronaya wait too long. I did promise her that we will watch the fireworks together."

 

After Tauro and company walked around the fair, having had a taste of plenty of the delicious food stalls and games it offered, it was time to head towards the shrine. The shrine itself overlooked the town, and was a perfect tourist spot for the beautiful landscape. After heading up the stairs and towards a spot with a clear view of the entire town, the fireworks show finally begun.

The fireworks that went off was in multitude of colors in all shapes and sizes. One being a huge flower, a bear and even in a shape of a torii gate. Tauro enjoyed each and every firework that went off in the air, coloring the dark night in plenty of colors. The last firework that went up in the air was quite large. And once it exploded, it sent smaller explosions to the surrounding that went of one after the other. The result was magnificent work of art, which awed everyone who watched the fireworks display.

After enjoying an amazing fireworks show, they began heading home. As they were walking towards the stairs leading down from the shrine, Tauro stopped dead in her tracks and starred at the sky, tilting her head with a confused look. Tia asked Tauro what was wrong, in which Tauro simply shook her head and said "I'm not sure". Tia was confused, she thought that maybe Tauro just wanted to see more of the fireworks. But Sofia caught on Tauro's confusing stare.

Something was slowly approaching the planet. Something that has the same uncomfortable feeling as that crystal. As the uncomfortable feeling was increasing more and more for each moment, she was sure it would arrive to this very planet within the hour. She was sure of it, It was coming.

 

It's been awhile since the last time I made an author note. Lately I have been busy with work, but not only that, I have been busy preparing to move to my new place. In short, everything is in chaos.

 

Since this story is nearing its end, I just want to say, thank you for reading this mess of a story. I know that the story was a bit all over the place and quite messy, because when I first started this (and my other story, that's on Hiatus for now), my writing was quite horrible. It has improved quite a bit since then, which I have applied to my new story I've been writing in the background.

I mostly started on my 3rd story just to get better at writing a coherent story, which has helped me a lot. Since I used that for my work  as well, which has turned out pretty well.

 

Again, thanks for reading until now, thank you for sticking with me and my story/stories.  = ̄ω ̄=

37