Miss vampire and my second death
990 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now I know what you're gonna say, but for my defense, I told you I had shitty luck in addition to the knack to put myself in dangerous situations.

"Ok, I didn't see anything?" I said breaking our stare contest. The first time with the thugs, this excuse didn't work and you'd think I would have learned my lesson, well you're wrong.

She looks at me as if she was looking at someone stupid.

'Fuck I need to get out of here!' I thought and directly started running away.

There was a blur and she was in front of me blocking my route of escape.

"Damn not again" I cursed feeling dejected.

"You. What are you?" she asked suddenly.

The sweet voice took me by surprise, given it originated from a vampire who just sucked a dude dry. Getting past that, I finally thought about the question. 'What a weird way to put it.'

"I am Samsara and you?" I answered tentatively

"I am not asking for your name, I asked what are you?"

"Human, of course"

"Don't mess with me, who would believe it? what kind of supernatural are you?"

"huh?" I was dazed, then started panicking 'Does she know I have a gift?'

"First if it was a normal human who saw this situation, there would be shock, confusion and a plethora of other feelings warring inside them. But you? you just showed a slight amount of surprise, as if you just found a dollar in your pocket. Second, your moving speed and reaction speed is just above the human level. And finally, there's a bit of death fragrance that lingers around you as if you tread the line between life and death. And trust me I am familiar with that smell." She said still calm and cold.

I was bewildered by what she just said but now I understood why she would come to that conclusion. The death scent must be courtesy of my untimely death yesterday due to those thugs. For the speed and reaction speed, it was due to my 'improvements'. And the lack of real surprise is due to my supernatural ability.

'I think the best thing to do here is to be as honest as I can. Viva partial truths.' Having decided my game plan I spoke confidently

"Well you got me, I think I am most likely a supernatural. Sorry to disappoint but I don't know what type."

She stayed silent as if pondering. The silence was broken by a phone ringing. I checked mine and saw that it wasn't me. She frowned and took her smartphone from her jacket and answered.

I could only hear her side of the conversation, so it went like this.

"Hello...Yes, I went out"

"Where is he?"

"Tch..." she was annoyed

"Why the hell would he think that? Wait, before that, we're not even together!" she was starting to get pissed.

"Yes I know it's not your fault."

"Ok, thanks for the heads up" she hung up.

She observed the surroundings and muttered.

"Damn! he's already here!"

"We need to leave fast!" she said suddenly stern.

I was confused, why should I leave with this dangerous creature. But before I could ask why? My vision went sideways, I saw her livid face getting far and farther away. I wanted to ask where she was going but then I saw my own body. I thought:

'F**k, not again!!!! I knew that chick was bad news.'

Before everything faded to black I heard a frightening masculine growl. Then a shadow appeared beside the chick. It was a 190 cm tall dude sporting short black hair, sharp angular features, and piercing ruby eyes. He was looking at my flying head murderously.

'I guess this motherfucker is my murderer.'

Then I died for the second time in 24 hours.

***************************************************************************

When I came to, it was in the most upsetting silence, then I started feeling sand and rocks everywhere even in my nose and mouth.

'F**k they buried my body!?'

As the lack of space was making me claustrophobic I started digging my way out of there. After a few minutes, I reached the surface and started coughing violently, expelling all the dirt from my lungs. Regaining my breath I look around and noticed that I was in the middle of an abandoned field.

'Damn, I am outside the city?'. Upset I searched for my phone and found it in my pocket.

'At least they didn't take it.'

I looked at the time and it was already 11:37 AM which means I was "dead" for 2 hours?

'sigh well at least I didn't have to search for a way to kill myself. Death found me by itself.' i thought jokingly.

I took a deep breath and start analyzing my body. I was feeling better than I ever felt, everything was so much more. I couldn't describe it exactly but it was a deep change. My senses were better, for example, I could see the wings of the fly that was hundreds of meters away. I could slightly hear the noise of ants walking if I concentrated hard. I also became taller by 8 cm making my height 189 cm. I suppose my appearance would have been upgraded too.

'Status'

Name: Samsara Yu

Age: 17 years old

Race: ?? (no longer human. new unknown race)

Unique ability: Death with benefits

Life span: 2000 years

'Well fuck the upgrade this time is out of this world, it blasted my race away too.'

About that I didn't know how to feel, I mean I have always been a human. This got me into existential bullshit. But I got over it pretty fast when I noticed I still looked like one, an unbelievably fantastic one but still, so there was no problem.

'Now, what to do?'

'By the look of it, if that murderous bastard learns that I am still alive, it'll be bad for business.'

Musing about the asshole who appeared beside miss vampire.

'Why does everybody thinks it's ok to kill me?' I was starting to get pissed for real.

'First, it was the thugs, now a fucking vampire, next, what? a fucking toddler?!!'

Feeling righteous fury coursing through my veins I decided to do something about it.

I took my phone and opened the GPS app to find the way to Nebula city. The GPS told me I was only 10 km away. I didn't even pause I took off like an arrow. My speed was unbelievable right now, the surroundings were blurring and I was parting the wind with every step I took. It was pretty awesome.

It took me less than 15 minutes to cover this distance. A bit out of breath and sweaty but still, I gave myself a mental pat on the back.

I entered the city and headed to Coldstone district. Along the way, I could tell people were looking at me weirdly. At first, as a total narcissist, I thought they were checking me out but it turns out that I just crawled from underground so I was dirty and disgusting. Embarrassed, I fled the public streets and took to the back alleys. Guess which dear friends I found chilling in one of those? If you guessed 'the thugs that killed you yesterday.', congratulation you win 1.000.000 $.

They looked in my direction but seemed unable to recognize me. I didn't blame them, I changed a lot since yesterday. I headed towards them and said with a chilling smile.

"Hey, guys! guess who's here?"

17