Chapter nine: Angry Kitten
4.3k 26 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thank you everyone for your support lately! Got on trending multiple times these past days.. Thank you. I hope to release another chapter either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. But I'll see what happens. All this massive boost in readers got me really excited!

The sun hitting me in the face through the window woke me up from my sleep, it was a really comfortable night, spend most of it hugging Kurumi. I didn’t really want to get up from bed but thinking about my “friend” in the elven city, I got up. Apparently I had slept with my clothes on, or they disappear when I sleep and then they reappears when I’m awake? Either way, I was fully dressed and I walked downstairs towards the reception area to pay and head out, Kurumi was always right by my side. 

 

Getting downstairs I could see an angry pink haired kitten looking daggers at me..

 

“Hey! Kayda!~” - Catelyn 

 

Why is she so angry? Did I do something wrong? 

 

“Hello..” - Kayda 

“Took you long enough to get up!” - Catelyn 

“The bed was so comfortable I slept like a rock. By the way, what time is it and why are you so angry?” - Kayda

“It’s already past lunch time..” - Catelyn 

 

Oh shit, new world, same old me.. Why do I always sleep so fucking long? Am I a fucking sloth or something..?

 

“...” - Kayda 

“The head of the guards at the northern gate told me that you didn’t have an id and that you would go to the adventure guild and get one there today.. You only have one more hour until you need to wait for tomorrow.. They don't let people sign up after mid-day after all.. How can someone even sleep so long!?” - Catelyn 

 

Oh shit that adventurer card! I needed to get one today to use as an id.. Why did I forget about that!? I’m fucking stupid.. 

But why do I feel bad for her right now, it’s not like she couldn’t wake me up or anything.. 

 

“You know you could have knocked on my door or something instead of waiting here if this really bothers you that much..” - Kayda 

“Of course I knocked on your door! But you didn’t respond at all, the only response I got was angry growls from your wolf..” - Catelyn

“Oh, sorry..” - Kayda 

 

Yikes.. Guess she’s someone who wants the best for everyone and she’s angry at me because I just slept instead of doing what is important… I’m sorry! 

 

I hurriedly gave her one gold coin instead of 10 silver, I didn’t have anything else and I didn’t have enough time to wait for her to get the change. She looked shocked when I gave her the gold coin and just left right after.. 1 gold coin is worth 100 silver after all.. I did go for the overkill. But what can you do when you are tight on time? 

 

As soon as I got out from the luxury inn I hopped up on Kurumi and walked quickly down the road. I could feel the gazes around me but I didn't really care. They probably thought I was some rich noble kid who borrowed her guards tamed wolf or something.

 

But there was one problem.. 

 

Where’s the adventure guild!? I was so stressed to head out to get there that I forgot to ask for directions.. Should I go back there and ask her? No, that would be really embarrassing.. 

Wait, there are a lot of people here that have armor and weapons on them, maybe they are adventurers..?

 

I walked, or rode, up to a group of 3 people of what looked to be adventurers. One guy and 2 girls, the guy had leather armor and a pretty well-made sword on his hip. He probably only have some light armor so he can be quick on his feet and deal some quick attacks to the opponents. The two girls both had robes, they almost looked like nuns. One had a white robe while the other had a black one.. They most likely are magicians, of the priest and warlock class..

 

“Excuse me.” - Kayda 

“Yes, what can I do for you young miss?” - Guy adventurer 

 

Is he the leader? 

 

“Ehh, y..-you see.. I’m lost..” - Kayda 

“Oohh, poor little girl.. Tell me where you want to go and I’ll walk you there myself!” - Priest girl

 

By the end of that sentence she had already climbed up on Kurumi and started hugging me.. 

 

I’m not sure what is going on here.. but.. It does feel really nice to be hugged by someone.. 

Oh shit, I need to hurry!  

 

“I’m looking for the adventure guild. Can you please tell me where it is?” - Kayda 

“””“Eh!””” 

 

What? What happened? 

 

“Are you serious right now?” - Guy adventurer 

“Y..-yes..?” - Kayda 

 

The guy adventurer, or the leader of this party, then put his hand over his face.. 

 

“It is right behind you, idiot..” - Leader 

 

The last word he mumbled but because of my enhanced hearing I could clearly hear what he said.. The girl that was still hugging me began to hug me even harder.. She probably thought that I was some stupid young girl that needed protection, did she even notice that big wolf that she was sitting on.. I wonder.. The warlock girl didn’t say anything, she just stood there this whole time. 

 

For real!?  

 

Turning my head I looked behind me and there it was, as clear as day, Adventure Guild. I don’t know how I could miss such a big billboard. But apparently I did.. I didn’t waste any more time and quickly jumped off of Kurumi to walk inside the wooden building. Almost all of the buildings here were made out of wood with some stones as the foundation. I guess only the nobles houses and the luxury inn I stayed at are made out of nicer and polished stones..

 

“Thank you!” - Kayda 

 

I ran inside the building and headed straight to the reception. The adventure party was left dumbfounded outside the building.. Behind the desk stood yet another really cute cat-kin with black hair, she was wearing a dark blue dress and white leggings.

 

“Hello, I would like to sign up to become an adventurer!” - Kayda

 

 

118