Chapter ten: Adventurer Card
3.8k 9 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the late update. I got sick :( But I'm all good now! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

POV : Helios 

 

“Lord Helios! A new Demon Lord has awakened.” - Servant 

 

The servant Michael, landed right next his Lord, the God of Light, which was a man of a great stature, handsome face and blond hair. Muscles on top of muscles which made him look like an ancient greek god. He was sitting on his throne made out of gold on a white platform above the clouds wearing white robes.    

 

After 500 years a new Demon Lord have finally awaken, I thought I only needed to summon one Hero to deal with the first one.. 

 

“So, another one has crawled up from the abyss.. We’ll wait and see what happens, if he doesn’t go and attack the other races we don’t have to do anything. But if he does, I’ll summon a new Hero for the humans to fight for them.” - Helios 

“Understood, my Lord. I will continue to observe the demons and the new Demon Lord. If anything happens, I’ll come right back and inform you about it.” - Michael

“Good, I will go and talk with Kitsune about this. Maybe she knows something else.” - Helios 

 

The angel Michael then flew off and shortly after the God of Light, Helios, also flew away but towards his fellow god Kitsune. 

 

Δ∇Δ

 

POV : Kayda 

 

“Hello, I would like to sign up to become an adventurer!” - Kayda 

 

As of now I had already ran past every table in this tavern looking place and was face to face with a cute cat-kin. The tavern area was empty, not a soul could be seen.

 

I guess everyone has already left to complete the quests they took upon themself.. But.. Is every receptionist in this place a cat-kin!? Well they are cute.. It gets my approval! 

 

“Okay, you got here just in time before the sign up is closed for the day..” - Cat-kin 

“*Phew* I woke up pretty late today, but doesn’t matter, what do I need to do to get my adventurer card?” - Kayda 

“Follow me.” - Cat-kin

 

The receptionist then started walking and I followed right after, we walked past a door on the left side of the desk and through a corridor with paintings on muscle guys with their sword up in the air on the walls. At the end of the corridor was another wooden door with the sign evaluation room on it. Inside the room was another desk but with a purple crystal orb on top of it and a green couch in front of it. 

 

“Take a seat while I get things ready for you.” - Cat-kin 

 

I sat down onto the couch while she opened some drawers in the desk to get some paper and a silver-black card out. 

 

“Here, sign this paper.” - Cat-kin

Please read this before you sign. 

All of the quests have different levels of difficulty from G being the easiest to S being the hardest. Although you are advised to take requests of the same rank as you, you can take on quests that are at most 2 levels harder. 

If you do take on quests that are of a higher rank than you, the guild have NO responsibility of what happens if something goes wrong. So if you get injured or lose equipment or even if someone in your party dies, you won’t be compensated from the guild. 

Sign here : _________________                        .          

 

I signed the paper and handed it back to the cat-kin. 

 

“So, Kayda.. Please place your hand on this crystal orb.” - Cat-kin

 

I did as she said and placed my hand on top of the purple ball. It started to shine but not so much so I had to close my eyes but, it lit up, that's for sure. The receptionist then placed the silver-black card on top of my hand that was still on the purple ball and after a couple of seconds it stopped shining. 

 

Is it over? Do I have my adventurer card now?

 

“Holy shit!” - Cat-kin

“W..-what!? What’s wrong?” - Kayda 

“Nothing’s wrong! You’re a S rank! Look!” - Cat-kin

Adventurer card. 

Name : Kayda 

Rank : S

 

Shit, I forgot that I’m pretty damn powerful.. I hope this doesn’t hit me in the ass later on. I just want to do whatever I want!

 

“Well, that’s good. Is it done? Am I a part of the adventure guild now?” - Kayda 

“Yes, everything is done...I’m sorry for my poor manners before! I didn’t know you were this powerful! Please forgive me! Oh, I didn’t even tell you my name! M..-my name is Katja.” - Katja 

 

She was on her knees grabbing the end of my skirt while looking down on the ground, it almost looked like she was pleading for her life. Maybe she did? 

 

“I..-it’s fine. Thank you for helping me.” - Kayda 

 

Okay, I got my id now. Hope I don’t have to fight some king’s war though.. *ughh* I guess I should have went back to the divine realm and create a fake one... Fuck.

Gotta hurry and get out of here so I don’t have to do any stupid things like meetings and quests. I should head to the elven city asap. Can’t let my *friend* wait any longer now, can I? 

 

“Ight imma head out.” - Kayda 

 

With that, I left the building with a sprint and jumped up on Kurumi’s back without thinking... 

 

 Δ∇Δ

 

POV : Adventure Party (Leader) 1 minute prior. 

 

After that strange dragon-kin girl ran inside the adventure guild we stayed outside and waited for her. We can’t let a little girl like her all alone, it goes against our ways of living.

 

“When do you think she’s coming back?” - Leader 

“I hope she takes all the time she needs!” - Priest adventurer 

 

*Sigh* Why is she still on top of that wolf and petting him? Does she have a death wish or something? It’s a fucking Nightmare Wolf for crying out loud! 

 

“She’s back.” - Warlock adventurer 

“Huhh? Waahh!” - Priest adventurer 

 

Hahaha, she got thrown off like a rag doll..!

 

 

116