Chapter eleven: Onwards to the Elven City
3.8k 17 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I created a world map to this chapter and if it's not showing for some reason let me know in the comments. Anyway hope you like the chap!

POV : Kayda 

 

Wait what? He wants to join me there? Hmmm.. I don’t even know their names yet though. 

 

“Okay.. but I don’t need your protection. See.” - Kayda 

 

I flashed my silver-black adventurer card to them with the rainbow S on it. The sun reflecting its colour made it look really pretty. The leader’s face went from a strong confident man with pride to a kid looking at magic tricks. His eyes wide open and his jaw hanging down, he probably couldn't believe what he was seeing, I mean a little girl is flashing a S rank card in his face. He probably feels as if he has failed as a man, being outclassed by a little girl. 

 

“A..-and, what’s your names…? You didn’t tell me earlier and it feels weird talking to someone for this long without knowing their names..” - Kayda 

 

Pulling himself together, the leader opened his mouth to speak.. 

 

“R..-right, my name is Thomas. The priest girl that’s still unconscious is Holly and the quiet warlock girl is Merlin.” - Thomas 

 

Merlin.. Wasn’t that a powerful magician who served Uther and Arthur Pendragon in the Arthurian legend.. Wasn’t that a guy though..?

Guess it can be used for both sexes.. 

 

“My name is Kayda, nice to meet you.” - Kayda 

“..Yeah, same.” - Thomas 

 

He blushed a bit while saying so. Meanwhile Merlin was still standing a little further back and she didn’t even blink when I showed my S-rank card to her. Maybe she already knew?

 

Appraisal. 

 

Name : Merlin

Gender : Female

Race : Human*

Age : 81

Shadow power :

180

Str : 

E

   

Agi : 

D

Magic affinity : 

Night, darkness, necromancy, space, lightning, fire, wind 

End : 

A

Class : 

Warlock

Atkr : 

D+

Sub-class : 

Sorcerer 

Matk : 

EX

 

EX magic! She’s incredibly strong, with that she would definitely be a S-rank like me, and she is looking like a 15 year old or so.. yet she is 81?! How is that even possible when she is a human? Maybe she’ll open up and talk about herself after we hang out for some time.. 

But let’s get going already, I’m kinda excited to meet my so called friend.. 

 

I grabbed Holly and climbed up on Kurumi again with her resting on his back as well, she was still out cold though.. 

 

“Let’s get going then, time to head to the Elven City!” - Kayda 

 

Game System! Can you show me my World Map? 

 

〔Yes, my Lady.〕- Game System

 

Oh shit, it literally showed me the entire world! ...

… So if we just follow the road to the Dwarven Land and then continue to head north instead of west, we should get to the World Tree and the Elves..

 

Me and my new travel buddies then walked out of the city of Boltnir through the northern gate, I don’t know why they want to get there but if they’re also heading there we can travel together. Well, I think I’ll just carry them on my back in my dragon form but I can’t just turn into a dragon in the middle of the city with all the other people around me. If it’s just the three of them I think it’ll be okay.   

 

 Δ∇Δ

 

POV : Ashryn 

 

It’s been ten years since I was born and a lot of stuff has happened since then, for starters the only people of other races I have seen are big shots like Kings and S-rank adventurers. I learned from my mother that it is because the whereabouts of the World Tree, where we live, are unknown to normal people. They just know that it exists.

 

Because of my sub-class I have become quite strong compare to what the others were when they were of my age. Well, I guess it’s also because this world is a lot like ForeverQuest and I know pretty much everything about it. My mother says I’m a prodigy though, can’t blame her. 

 

I also heard my mother talking about sending me to the Grand Magic Academy to study and become even stronger but I don’t know if I’ll do it or not, she doesn’t want to send me away. 

 

The fact that I’m a girl hasn’t been troubling me that much because when you’re a child it doesn’t really matter which gender you are. But when I’ll start to develop the womanly curves… I don’t look forward to it, and because I’m a princess and heir to be the next chief I’ll have to have children.. *shiver*.. Let’s forget about it for now.. 

 

Other than training and having lessons I don’t really do much, nothing exciting happens.. I have also been wondering a lot about who that Kayda person is lately and if I’ll ever see her. 

 

“Princess!” - Teacher 

 

Fuck, my break is already over?! Damn lessons! Can’t I do something else than just have stupid lessons? I’ll rather train with mum than sit on my ass for the hole day.. 

 

“Listen closely now, I’ll talk about ethics. As the princess of the elves you should behave with elegance.” - Teacher 

 

Fuck me.. Can’t something exciting happen?! 

I’ll much rather go to the Grand Magic Academy and learn more about magic than.. this! Maybe I can learn more about my sub-class and Kayda over there.. I want to go on an adventure! 

I’ll convince my mum so I can go to the Grand Magic Academy tomorrow, I can’t do these lessons anymore.. 

 

“.. when you get older we’ll have a bale where you choose your future husband..” - Teacher 

 

Nevermind.. I’ll do it now! 

 

I ran out of the classroom leaving my teacher behind with a confused and frustrated look on his face and straight to my mother.

 

 

104