Chapter 20 – Preparation
8.7k 7 196
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuki’s punishment was to clean all of the dishes in the mess hall. A task that was fairly easy for Yuki who just rinsed the plates with water and disinfected it by heating the plates to the point where all the bacteria died. It also dried the plates.

 

After that, Yuki’s day went on as normal. He attended his classes, ate his lunch, and returned to his room. Now he had to prepare for what was to come at night.

 

On his bed, Yuki had laid out the weapons that he had hidden in the closet in his room. To his left was a katana and on the right his pair of daggers. Yuki was trying to figure out a way to wear both of these weapons.

 

He tried multiple ways; wearing the sword on his waist or putting it on his back or laying it almost horizontal across his back. The daggers he tried them on his waist, legs, arms, and back. Eventually he settled with the sword on his waist and the two daggers sticking out horizontally on his lower back. It allowed him to access both weapons easily.

 

[Yuki,] Akira messaged him.

 

‘Hmm, what is it?’ Yuki asked.

 

[Do you want to spar or something?] she said. [I’m a little bored right now.]

 

Yuki smiled.

 

‘Why not.’ Yuki could do with some training.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

They fought for two hours, dancing with their whirling earthen blades as they tried to get past each other’s guards. One striking out, the other swiftly blocking then countering.

 

Yuki had reached the point in his training that he could somewhat utilize the elements within his fighting and would use it to spew jets of fire from his blade or create foot holds for him to jump around.

 

Akira had also improved. She moved at inhumane speeds, barely perceived by the eye as she slashed and spun.

 

After their match, both fell to the ground exhausted. They sat there, gasping for air.

 

“I’m, pant, going to experiment with some magic,” Yuki announced to Akira.

 

Pant, you do what you like,” Akira replied. “Maybe I’ll do the same.”

 

Yuki nodded and laid down on the ground. He closed his eyes and focused on the mana that flowed within his body. He began to circulate it.

 

There was something that Yuki wanted to see. When Yuki had first used mana, he wasn’t able to release outside of his body. This was due to him not having an understanding of what he wanted done and so the mana went nowhere.

 

But it did have an interesting side effect. When Yuki concentrated mana so a specific part of his body, that place felt lighter and stronger. Yuki theorized that this was because his body needed mana. If was as if you had a phone connected to the internet. When the internet had a low amount of data running through it then the phone would load web pages slower than it could. If you keep adding more and more data then the speed would increase until you hit the limit for that phone.

 

Yuki believed the same happened for the body and mana. The body was the phone and the mana was the data. If you concentrate mana into specific parts of the body then that part would perform much better. The more mana you push the better it will perform until your natural limit is reached.

 

With this in mind, Yuki began to push mana into his eyes. He already could guess what would happen if he put mana into his limbs. They would get stronger and possibly more durable. But he was curious as to how his eyes would react.

 

As he flowed mana into his eyes, he began to feel a tingling sensation. He opened it and felt as if he had just seen the world for the first time. All around him the world was in a sharp clarity that he had never experienced before. The colors seemed more vibrant. The shadows were more crisp. Yuki even felt more even though it was his eyes that were being enhanced.

 

“Interesting,” he whispered.

 

“What’s interesting?” Akira asked him.

 

Yuki turned to Akira and let out a small gasp. She looked as if she was illuminating, his enhanced vision also enhancing her beauty.

 

“Beautiful,” he said, staring at Akira.

 

“Wha, what do you mean beautiful?” Akira said blushing furiously.

 

Yuki was about to answer when a notification appeared before him.

 

[Skill Acquired: Magical Eyes]

 

[Requirement Unlocked: Ancestral Knowledge Has Been Partial Opened]

 

“Ah, nothing. Akira, I just got a notification,” Yuki said. “It said that I partially unlocked Ancestral Knowledge.”

 

“Huh?” Akira said surprised. “Really? That’s amazing!”

 

“Well only partially.”

 

“That’s still amazing! Now you can look at the information of your ancestors. It’s the same skill I use.”

 

This surprised Yuki. The fact that Yuki had unlocked a skill like this would mean one thing. His family had connections to magic.

 

“Wow,” he said.

 

“I know!” Akira said. “Now you can get even more knowledge. And I have some good news as well.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I think I can get out of this dimension.”

 

“Really?” Yuki said. “You are able to do that?”

 

“I believe so,” Akira answered proudly. “I want to try it out right now. Can you go back to the real world really quick?”

 

“Sure,” Yuki replied.

 

He closed his eyes and yanked himself out of the dimension where his mana existed. When he opened them, he was back in his small dorm room.

 

[Alright, let’s do this!] Akira said excitedly.

 

At that moment, Yuki’s bracelet began to vibrate violently as it alerted him to an urgent message. Yuki had turned off the alarm, but it could still vibrate to notify him. He opened the message to read it.

 

[Urgent: Everyone please prepare for battle. There is a possibility that this facility will be under attack shortly. Please be on high alert.]

 

Yuki’s eyes darkened at the message. He had told Robert that the attack would be tonight so why did Robert only ask them to prepare? A feeling of unease filled Yuki.

 

‘I’m sorry, Akira,’ Yuki said with a serious expression. ‘But we shouldn’t do this right now.’

 

An alarm started blaring and a loud explosion accompanied it that shook the entire mountain.

 

‘Things are about to get a little busy.’

 

[You think?]


Skill explanation: Magical Eyes

This is a skill that uses mana to improve the eyes. It has various functions. With a little mana, eyesight is improved and the user could somewhat see outlines in the dark. With more power, Magical Eyes activates mana sight which allows the user to see the mana around objects and people. This skill can evolve. 

196