Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 12
937 23 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 2039/Naewth/1

 

1 year has gone by like a second without realizing and today is the most important day, not for me but for Katie.

 

She's now already ten years old ready to go for her first day of school and there will be a welcoming ceremony programmed by the school she's going to, inviting every family member of the students.

 

A couple of months before, Mum was deciding the choices of the schools that she's going to apply for Katie and because of that, she took days choosing, comparing which ones are the better one for her well-being.

 

A little bit of information on where's the school located at or where do we even stay at, Azith has been split into 5 areas which are known as North, East, South, West and Central district and we belonged to the North district so definitely her school will be at North district.  

 

The school that Katie will be going to is called Zirnea, the school known to be one of the best top three within North district because of its achievement and how it was able to hone every potential student into a big figure, worthy of becoming a high ranked and also known to have royalties as its students.

 

I was kind of surprised to find out that royalties existed, I mean I do know back on Earth, there still royalties on some countries but it's just that it was not my expectation that they exist in this world but although I've never met anyone of them back on Earth, I do hope that they aren't the same as what it was depicted in some novels, very ignorant and how they treat commoners as lowly being. 

 

*Knock*

 

''Katie, are you done with your uniform? We're going to be late for the ceremony'' I shouted.

 

I was outside of the room facing the door, it was closed and locked not allowing me to enter, and besides she's still changing into her uniform and it's inappropriate to barge in when a girl is changing.

 

Katie right now has already grown up and soon she'll enter puberty and know what it means to be a girl and I'll have to teach her that soon she won't be able to do any kind of that stuff again. 

 

"Hold on for a minute" She said hurriedly.

 

I waited for exactly a minute when as soon as I've counted 59 seconds like an idiot, the door was opened, and there she is.

 

She wore a dark purple colour skirt that covers up till her knees with black thigh high socks, dark purple uniform jacket with long sleeves, and a white shirt inside.

 

The uniform has a school logo on her left chest, it looks like the face of a golden mighty dragon looking so fiercely with its horn on its both heads. She tied up her hair into a ponytail with a red colour ribbon and overall she looks just like an angel, I bet that her first day would have lots of kids having a crush on her. 

 

''Alright, let's go to where mum is'' Since she was done, we needed to go to where mum is, she's been waiting for us since just now.

 

After we have found her, there was a car right outside the car, in the parking area. It was not a surprise that mum owned a car, I don't know anything about cars so all I could say is that mum really owned an expensive car judging how appealing it looks.

 

After we went inside of the car and of course putting the seatbelts on, I and Katie were on the backseat and after we're ready, I heard the sound of the engine and soon the car started to move. 

 

While we were on the way to the school, I talked to Katie. "Sis, are you excited?"

 

Normally, kids wouldn't cry on their first day because they were too nervous and scared being around with strangers whom they aren't familiar with since they were in the nest of their mothers all the time but currently, I couldn't tell how she's feeling at the moment.

 

It's like she's not that happy. 

 

''Well, I'm excited, but it's too troublesome that I need to cut my time with you, Seth. I will rather be with you all the time then to go to some school'' She said unsatisfied.

 

Looks like someone has been too close to me but school is significant, you know, or else you wouldn't be like me, bad vocabs, grammar and everything and having that kind of unsuitable job. 

 

''School is really important sis and also it would be a fun time, spending time with your classmates, learning together and who knows you might have a crush on someone and fall in love with your classmate'' I said without realizing the meaning of my words, I just blurted them out without any problems and when I see her eyes, it was the eyes of the endless void. 

 

"There's no way I would love someone other than you Seth....there's no way'' She said while muttering some words I couldn't hear.

 

It's been a long time since I've seen those kinds of eyes that both of them and every time I see it, I have goosebumps all over my body and I felt scared and I couldn't even breathe properly. It was too intimidating for me to handle. 

 

''I-I'm sorry" I apologized, out of nowhere. I didn't know what else to say other than that and every second past, I fear something will happen and I really couldn't handle her intimidation, it's too overwhelming to point I started to sweat. 

 

''There there. I'm glad you understand" Her expression had returned back to normal and she patted me. 

 

W-What's going on!? Why did she pat me? She looks like she's enjoying it with her blissful smile and because of that I couldn't stop what she was doing and besides, I'm even secretly enjoying it.

 

After almost 30 minutes, we've finally reached the place, and boy, it sure does look big.

 

I'm amazed by how prosperous the school looks, we were walking through the gates we were greeted courteously by a couple of people, it must be some of the teachers.

 

As I walked through the gates, there was a golden statue that seems to be a man, aged around 30, holding a long spear with his left hand while looking so vigorous as though he's preparing to face large troops. 

 

Somehow when I get near to the statues, I feel an amazing kind of energy feeling me up and I was astonished by this but since we needed to attend the ceremony I couldn't get to enjoy the feeling. 

 

According to mum, the ceremony is at the hall of the school which is at level two, and luckily instead of taking the stairs, there were elevators and so we didn't waste our time and just select the floor to proceed.

 

I guess we must be pretty late as there wasn't anyone else besides us outside of the gates.

 

When we entered the hall, it was such a massive sight as there were a lot of people sitting down with chairs in a column and rows, there were too many of them to be counted, probably in thousands.

 

There was someone holding a mike standing at the stage of the platform while there was a screen being projected. 

 

He wore a smart suit with spectacles, he has a blue hair with yellow colour eyes and he has sharp features, He looks like someone who would steal your wife.

 

Luckily when we entered all of them didn't realize as they were too focused on his speech which gives us the chance to find a seat without bothering anyone and finally we sat at the very back on the left side of the hall. 

30 minutes later

 

''This is so boringggg'' Sis complained. She was not interested in this kind of stuff, you can even see that her eyes are starting to doze off. 

 

''Just try to hold in Katie, mum sure this will end soon" Mum assured her.

 

Unlike Katie, mum was rather attentive, listening to every word that the blue hair guy said, he was talking about the rules of the schools and what the school promise to give everything they have for the students and how he brags about the school achievement awards and how he claims that there will be at least hundreds of prodigies students by the end of the 4 years of schooling. 

 

''Fine..'' She said while being dissatisfied. 

 

After another 30 mins, Katie already is getting fed up with this boring speech you could see her cheeks puffed up and mum still so focused on the speech. 

 

''And with that, parents and family members won't need to worry about your child safeness, we'll promise to protect your child whenever they are within the school boundaries" He said while bowing with his right saluting.

 

Soon all of the people inside the hall started to stand up and gave a round of applause, admiring his speech and how trustworthy is the school is.

 

''Since we have ended our speech, parents are welcome to walk around the school premise to have a look and don't worry about deciding where to go first, there are guides assigned by the school to guide you around but before that, we have some beverages for you at the back, it's free and there are canteens opened up just below this floor" He added with a smile.

 

What is this bad feeling I'm getting? For some reason, I'm not sure why but I was disturbed by his claim earlier on and the moment he said safeness, my heartbeat loudly at that moment. 

 

I just shrugged it off thinking it must have been my imagination for me to think that much. I'm too worried. Right after that, Katie who was so restless since just now can finally escape. 

 

She grabbed my arm forcefully dragging me with her as she walked excitedly and I who weren't able to ask her to release could only shut my mouth shut and just follow whatever she does, mum was behind us just chuckled over her childishness.

 

We went to the canteen instead of the beverages at the hall, there were just to many people crowded over there and we decided to go to the canteen which has lesser people I think.

 

Once we've reached there we sat at one of the empty tables and since we're pretty hungry, mum went one of the stalls while telling us to sit still and since it's only two of us, she out of nowhere carried me up and place me on her laps and she lied her chin on top of my head while her arms coiled around me.

 

Katie is still much taller than me and I'm still small so it wasn't difficult for her to do that but the problem is why is she doing it now!?

 

Mind you that we are not the only ones here, there are still lots of people around us, I'm not embarrassed by this but I'm just surprised as she did suddenly.

 

''~Haa~ This is so much better than that speech as long as I have you, nothing will bore me" She said. I'm glad to actually hear that but it's too stuffy. 

 

''Ummm...Sis..I'll just go to where mum is to help her out" I said. I forcefully escape from her grasp and I could sense that she was mad, but I'm sorry sister, it's really too stuffy. 

 

I walked for about two minutes before I finally found mum in near a stall, she was picking the foods while there were rows of people behind her queuing for their next turn. Since she's there, why not might as well help her out.

 

I went to her, pulling her clothes with my finger trying to call her.

 

"Seth, what are you doing here? Didn't I told you to sit still?" She asked. 

 

"Well, I wanted to help you out," I said while scratching my right cheek with my fingers. 

 

"Awww, what a helpful son I have but you can go back, there's no need for you to help" She said. 

 

Well, since she said so then so be it, I just wanted to escape from Katie but it seems it's not possible. *Sigh*Let's just surrender. 

 

''Hey, look at that''

 

''Why are they here!?"

 

"What's going on, How is this possible!?" 

Suddenly, so many of strangers started to shout out. Why are they so nervous? They sounded so worried and nervous that I couldn't understand why nor what could it be to cause them so sound panicking but when I looked at where their eyes were looking, I've finally understood why.

 

All along I thought that monsters and creature exist only in Dungeons and towers and there's no way for them to exit their boundaries but I was dead wrong, very wrong and I didn't expect that the same monsters were walking directly towards us. 

 

''I-It's monsters, why are they here!?"

 

''No, there's no time for questions right now, we need to protect the kids!!''

 

''All of you all shouldn't be so weak and we need your strengths to attack them"

 

"Someone hurry call those Guild Hunters right now!!"

 

''M-Mummy!!"

 

''It's okay son, hide behind me, I'll protect you"

 

''D-Daddy!!"

 

"Those bastards need to be dead so much for causing my daughter to cry, it looks I'll need to rip their heads off"'

 

There were so many chaoses happening at the same time, but what I'm surprised by how co-operative the parents and teachers were and even the aunties and uncles in the stall.

 

So many kids were crying hiding behind their parents back, there were some with shaking legs, some who has wet their pants and there even some who were brave enough at least but nobody can blame these kids, they were still 10 years old and their journeys haven't even started yet so who could expect that there suddenly monsters here. 

 

A horde of monsters surrounded us, their eyes that were full of malicious intents were scaring all of the kids and some who has a weak will and I couldn't help but think of just now. Was this the bad omen?

 

I couldn't count how many monsters there were but the number of people in the canteen couldn't be compared to the number of monsters there were.

 

If I have to describe what kind of monsters that appear, it could be called goblins, they have a tiny body build like 12 years old, long ears, green eyes with green colour skin while having a rag covering up their genitals.

 

There were some with long green hair and I assumed that's a female goblin but I noticed that are some different yet similar-looking goblin monsters. 

 

If I'm not wrong, games would refer to it as hobgoblin and Ogre. They are much more powerful than goblins as goblins are the weakest monster of all, I hope this world follows the same.

 

The hobgoblins have a body build like an adult full of muscles and unlike the goblins, they were wearing leather armours covering up their chests, shoulders, and other weak places and unlike the goblins who were holding dented weapons the hobgoblins have axes weapon. 

 

On the other hand, the Ogres have a body build like a sumo wrestler but they are different.

 

Unlike the ones I've known they have two small horns on their heads, long sharp teeth that could tear limbs apart easily like a snack and they got leather armours too and they were holding weapons like swords, spears, and wands.

 

WAIT...why are the ogres holding a wand!? Do they have a mage Ogres or what? But now that I looked closely, there are some goblins and hobgoblins holding a wand.  

 

They were walking slowly, step by step, patiently waiting and I was kind of dumbfounded by how slow they were since they were monsters I thought they would immediately charge towards us but it seems they were taking their time. 

 

"M-Mum'' I nervously called out mum. I'll admit right now that I'm feeling fear and scared. Looking at the monsters right now wasn't the same in the games, here they were looking at us as though we are delicious, they were leaking stench salivas while their tongues were licking showing how great it will be tasting our meat.

 

I've never felt and seen this kind of thing before, it was a whole new not so good experience.

 

Fear overwhelmed the children, they were shivering in fear and the adults stare back at these monsters with pure killing intent, some began calling for the guild hunters and some were preparing to attack but for me, I was nervous. 

 

"Seth, come here, don't go anywhere else and hide behind me" She said with a serious tone. Her eyes were squinted when she looked at the monsters and right now it's not time for me to play around and I need to listen to whatever she says.

 

Somehow the feeling of fear and nervous has gone away and replaced by anticipation and calmness. Is the effect of the passive skills I bought a year ago? It seems to finally prove its purpose and right now I can think clearly. 

 

Although I want to face and kill some monsters I don't know their abilities nor how powerful they are, even if these monsters have the same features as goblin I shouldn't underestimate them just because they were known as the weakest monsters, they could be fairly powerful but let's try to check their status out.

 

Race: Goblin 
Age: 4 months
Rank: E
Level: 52 (Exp: 0/80)
Soul Grade: 2 (Soul Exp: 0/20)
Hp: 128/128
Mp: 68/68
Sp: 66/66
Str: 79
Int: 19
Wis: 34 
Def: 39
End: 33
Spd: 22
Acc: 25
Crit: 25
Will: 29
Luck: 1
Charm: -100
Active Skill: Smash(D), Green Bomb(E), Goblin Bite(E
Passive Skill: None
Special Skill:  None
Buff Effect: None 

 

 

Race: Goblin Mage
Age: 4 months
Rank: E
Level: 56 (Exp: 0/80)
Soul Grade: 2 (Soul Exp: 0/20)
Hp: 101/101
Mp: 88/88
Sp: 38/38
Str: 32
Int: 56
Wis: 44
Def: 29
End: 19
Spd: 27
Acc: 39
Crit: 19
Will: 35
Luck: 1
Charm: -100
Active Skill: Green poison(D), Fire Element(D)
Passive Skill: Goblin Enhance(C)
Special Skill:  None
Buff Effect: None 

 

 

Race: Hobgoblin 
Age: 6 months
Rank: D
Level: 72 (Exp: 0/200)
Soul Grade: 3 (Soul Exp: 0/40)
Hp: 1,625/1,625
Mp: 270/270
Sp: 246/246
Str: 243(187)
Int: 135
Wis: 119
Def: 325(250)
End: 123
Spd: 109
Acc: 133
Crit: 155
Will: 127
Luck: 1
Charm:  -100
 
Active Skill: Axe skill(C), Green Burst(C), Green Skin(C), Speed accelerate(C)
Passive Skill: Hob strength(D), Hob def(D
Special Skill: None
Buff Effect: Str buff↑30%(1 hour), Def buff↑30%(1 hour)

 

 

 

Race: Hobgoblin Mage
Age: 6 months
Rank: D
Level: 76 (Exp: 0/200)
Soul Grade: 3 (Soul Exp: 0/40)
Hp: 723/723
Mp: 238/238
Sp: 246/246
Str: 187
Int: 189(135)
Wis: 199
Def: 144
End: 123
Spd: 109
Acc: 133
Crit: 155
Will: 127
Luck: 1
Charm: -100
Active Skill: Fire Element(C), Mana Bomb(C), Mana barrier(C)
Passive Skill: Magic burst(C)
Special Skill:  None
Buff Effect: Buff↑40% of Int(1 hour)

 

 

 

Race: Ogre
Age: 9 months
Rank: C
Level: 103 (Exp: 0/500)
Soul Grade: 3 (Soul Exp: 0/40)
Hp: 1,800/1,800
Mp: 440/440
Sp: 256/256
Str: 900(600)
Int: 220
Wis: 220
Def: 597(300)
End: 228
Spd: 283(189)
Acc: 287
Crit: 235
Will: 299
Luck: 3
Charm: -100
Active Skill: Stomp(C), Sword skills(B), Speed Accelerate(C), Goblin Absolute Command(C)
Passive Skill: Ogre Str(C), Ogre Def(C), Ogre Spd(C)
Special Skill:  None
Buff Effect: Buff↑50% of Str(1 hour), Buff↑ 50% of Def(1 hour), Buff↑ 50% of Spd(1 hour)

 

Race: Ogre Mage
Age: 9 months
Rank: C
Level: 103 (Exp: 0/500)
Soul Grade: 3 (Soul Exp: 0/40)
Hp: 1,800/1,800
Mp: 440/440
Sp: 256/256
Str: 600
Int: (330)220
Wis: (337)225
Def: 300
End: 228
Spd: 189
Acc: 287
Crit: (251)235
Will: 299
Luck: 3
Charm: -100
Active Skill: Fire Element(B), Mana Bomb(B), Mana Barrier(B), Green Gas(C), Poison Mist(C)
Passive Skill: Magic Burst(B), Mana Rite(B), Ogre EX(C)
Special Skill:  None
Buff Effect: Buff↑ 50% of Int(1 hour), Buff↑ 50% of Wis(1 hour), Buff↑ 5% of Crit(1 hour)

 

 

 

These goblins aren't their stats a bit frightening?
 
 
Looking through the status of the Hobgoblins and Ogres really freaked me out especially the Ogres.
 
 
Although I'm not sure whether the amount of stats they have could be considered strong however it's for certain that their strengths are way above mine and it's enough to kill me, the only good part about mine stats is my Mp which it's more than all of them and my Charm and Luck.
 
 
I thought that having a negative stats is something possible but looking at the goblins stats proves to be wrong.
 
 
Even though these thousands of monsters just suddenly appeared in the middle of nowhere, the people in the canteen weren't fear by their presence and instead they were calmed and it's only the kids that are causing the chaos and I assume that the parents are strong enough to handle these monsters.
 
 
I'm currently hiding behind mum's back holding tightly to her clothes to ensure her that I won't be going anywhere else. 
 
 
The monsters were slowly walking towards and because they were taking their time, we started to move and run, trying to escape from this place and because of that, the monsters started to charge towards us.
 
 
They were further away from us but at the rate of speed they are sprinting, they would reach us in seconds.
 
 
Mum immediately carried me up and held me within her chest with my arms around her, clinging on to her so that I wouldn't fall but of course mum would make sure she'll hold me tightly and my head was facing the monsters that were chasing us. 
 
 
They were running information, the goblins were in front and I guess because they are weakest so it makes sense to sacrifice the weakest one, the hobgoblins were in the middle and at the back was the rest of the ogres.
 
 
All of these monsters were running crazily as though we are in a war, they shouted and screamed like some maniac while doing some actions with their weapons to show their intents on killing us and the thousands of monsters running and stomping were slightly causing the ground to shake. 
 
 
Instead of facing them on and fight against them, all of the parents took their child with them while trying to escape from this place.
 
 
Well for me, if a horde of monsters appeared near me while I'm with my future child, I'd definitely think about my child safeness, I wouldn't want to regret if something mishap happens unless I was overpowered enough to wipe them out with a snap of my fingers but still I'd consider my child top priorities than the monsters. 
 
 
Since I've got the chance why not try out my skills on these monsters? 
 
 
"Seth, stop what you are doing! It's not a play game and it's dangerous, if you won't listen to me, someone would be punished!" She scolded me harshly.
 
 
Or so I thought. I was about to raise my hand ready to summon a skill only to be stopped by mum with a stern face and because of that I have to think twice about it.
 
 
Although I'm not sure what's the punishment is going to be but it's definitely something not pleasant and I don't want that especially with her stern face that made me sweat in fear.
 
 
Her eyes tell me that she was not joking at all and I stopped while my hand that was supposed to summon a skill tumbling dropped back where I was holding her and for a millisecond when she warned me I thought I wasn't able to breathe but it's definitely my imagination. 
 
 
"S-Sorry mum" I apologized.
 
 
"Good boy" She complimented me.
 
 
Somehow this compliment doesn't sound pleasing at all, I think because I was dejected, mum rarely scolded me before and even if she did she was not really that angry but this time around, she was serious and because I just felt a little bit hurt, just a tiny one.
 
 
Maybe I didn't realize how serious the situation we are in and because of that, I thought of it as something like a game or a chance.
 
 
 
Some people managed to escape from this place but others were running while looking for their child or valuables and Mum was running until she stopped when she saw Katie and I wonder how is she going to carry her up with her hand full. She simply cast a skill on her and when mum run she left Katie behind all alone. 
 
 
"M-MUM!! What're you doing!! You're leaving Katie behind! Those monsters are going to kill her!! MUM!! MUM!!" I screamed on top of my lungs while looking at mum nonchalant expression.
 
 
I can't believe mum just left her like, she'll be killed soon by those monsters!! I don't know why mum did that but I'm not going to abandon her. 
 
 
When I looked behind I finally found the reason why she's was running and able to keep the same speed as mum and now I was embarrassed overreacting like that so I kept quiet for the whole time. 
 
 
We ran all the way until we're at outside of the school boundaries which was the place where we entered through the gate.
 
 
Here there weren't any sights of the monsters as they only appeared inside the school premise and not the outside.
 
 
"OI!! What's going on!? Why are the monsters here!?' Don't you know that if I'm not here my daughter would have been killed by those monsters!?" A man shouted.
 
 
"Yeah!! Explained to us, what's going on!?" 
 
 
''Don't you know that I'm a noble!? Who's going to take responsibility if something bad happens to my child!? Are you going to be responsible for that!? Are you!?
 
 
Because there were teachers here, many of the parents started to voice out complaining pressuring every single of the teachers about the monsters and even mum has a very scary looking expression with her teeth-gritting and eyes like the tiger.
 
 
Since this happened on the very first day, the teachers couldn't rebuke nor could say anything except for continuously bowing their heads in apology. I'm sure that after this day the school reputation would crumble and their top three positions would be terminated. 

 

 

I will upload three chapters tomorrow

 

 

22