Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 15
1k 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the endless path that is ahead of me, I cast sparks beforehand to have a light source with this, the darkness around me won't hinder my eyesight.

Just like the previous floor, there weren't any signs of monster nor footprints left by any of them, and from now, I decided to hail every cave as floor numbers for it is some kind of a motivation for me.

The higher I advance, the higher the possibility of getting out from here, it's like a chant of hope, and the mere thought of forever stuck within this place made me depressed.

I-I really don't want that to happen...it's the only way for me to prevent myself from getting pessimistic, and thinking of being locked in this cage for eternity made me trembled in horror.

My steps were quicker because of all the negative thoughts, and as I'm on my way towards the gate, I've finally found it.

As expected, the gate was identical just like before, and just like that, I pushed the door and of course, this time I didn't expect it would be the gate for exiting here, so I didn't get my hopes up, and instead, I was ready to strike down at any moment.

Before I could even hear or examine what kind of monsters I will be facing, I immediately charged in with my spear pointing towards any enemies that were going to attack me.

The first victim that I came across was dead before it even realized what's happening.

Its facial expression was priceless, it couldn't understand what just really happened and refused to believed it had just died like that.

My spear penetrated through its chest and to the back of it, blood spilt out, and some even splurt over my face yet I was not bothered by it and just carried on marching with the monster that's still hanging on my spear.

Now that I have taken better looked on the first victim that I have killed, there's only one word I can describe its appearance, and that is nasty. Its sharp crooked brown teeth were disgusting to look, and it had long and big ears.

The more I stared at it, the more my eyes hurt, and because of that, I wanted to quickly finish this over.

The rest of the monsters were surprised and alarmed by my presence, and when they have noticed that one of its kind died by my spear, they were enraged and began dashing towards with wide opened mouth that was ready to munch me.

Not only do they look disgusting, they even smell unpleasant. it's truly bad to the point I wanted to cover up my nose and mouth, but these monsters wouldn't allow me, so I just decided to quickly clear things up with Lightning Storm.

*Boom*
*Boom*
*Boom*
*Boom*
*Boom*

The sound of victory finally ended, and watching these lightning strikes made me satisfied somehow, and...this skill is too overpowered.

The aftermath was the same as the previous one with smoke and burnt ground, and when I saw the loot that it had dropped, my mouth was wide open.

Who the hell drops a tooth!? There's no way in hell I'm going to carry that therefore I decided to take nothing and proceeded on to the next floor, the fourth floor.

Weirdly, I have realized that each floor had different numbers of monsters and that greatly concerns me, I had concluded that each time, the amount of monsters would probably randomize, however, I hope that I won't come across a thousand of them.

Just by thinking about that amount made me shrivelled. While I have apprehended that my capability is more than enough to handle monsters, I'm not confident in defeating thousands of them.

Perhaps, maybe I'm just overthinking too much.

Finally, I've found the gate of the next floor, and as I opened it, I thought there would be monsters, however, I was only to be greeted by silence.

I was baffled by this, aren't there supposed to be monsters? But it seems there were none this time.

I didn't want to conclude that easily as there might possibilities of them hiding or using some skills of theirs, one thing that I have is that monsters are unpredictable so I can't let my guard down just because there were none in this cave.

I cast Spark to light up the dark, and certainly, there weren't any monsters, but because of the cool drop of water I felt on my head, I look above and there they were, the monsters.

The monsters had long purplish wings covering themselves up, red vicious eyes with short fangs, they hanged themselves upside down on the sharp edges on top of the cave and compared to those imps, these winged monsters are many times smaller.

Just like any other monsters, they readied themselves to attack me as they start loosening their wings and spread them apart.

I'm lucky to have spark if I didn't, I wouldn't know that there were bats on top of me, I guess some monsters have advantages in the dark as they could blend in the dark and their eyes might be different from me.

With a dark pitch cave and having wings, these definitely belonged to their domain where they could have slaughtered me easily, but of course, I wouldn't just let them easily take me out.

Despite saying, it's difficult for me to attack and focus on each every one of them since most of my skills required for the enemies including Lightning Chains, maybe I have the options of using Spark or Ice Elements skill but I wanted to try using Aura.

As I used Aura, the atmosphere suddenly constrained itself the flying monsters were brought down on the ground, pressuring their bodies. It's like there's tons of weight appearing on their backs, crushing and terrorizing them.

They were lying on the ground while letting out screeching noise which almost bleeds my ears out, thus, I decided to end it quickly by using Spark.

There wasn't a lot of then but not less either probably around 50, and with that, I cast 50 Sparks which created a burned and electrifying their bodies to the point of burning them to ashes.

I didn't feel any pity nor did I feel disgusted by this scene, I just felt normal as though it was a normal thing to do.

Passing through the loots, I was intrigued by it as there is some kind of orb that was entirely different from those cores that I have seen, so I used Appraisal to find out what it is.

 

Fang Bat Orb
This is made by life essence of the Bat to form orb to be equipped on equipment to increase weapon capabilities.
+1 Str
+2 Spd

 

 

I see. So it's kind of enhancement for me weapon since it's like that, I gather all 50 orbs, and I took the first orb but how am I supposed to equip it on the weapon? Should I say equip orb or what? And how is it going to enhance the weapons effects? Should I try bringing them closer?

"Equip Orb"

 

The orb is in my left hand while the spear is in my right,t and I brought then close enough to each other and afterwards, the orb vanished into particles, and because of this, I was dumbfounded yet stupefy. What just happen? What happened to the orb?

 

To find out if the Orb has really been equipped on the spear, I used appraisal to check it out if there's any improvement.

 

The spear of the Imp
This is made by fusing the tail of a red imp and their bones to form a tiny yet terrifying spear which could strike down enemies. 
+7 Str
+2 Def
+1 Crit
+2 Spd
◊♦♦♦♦

 

 

For sure it worked except there's sort like 5 diamond shape but out of them all, there's only one fully black. Is this similar to what you call slots? To find out whether it's true I equipped 4 more, and when I looked at it again, all 5 stars were darkened.

 

The spear of the Imp
This is made by fusing the tail of a red imp and their bones to form a tiny yet terrifying spear which could strike down enemies. 
+11 Str
+2 Def
+1 Crit
+10 Spd
◊◊◊◊◊

 

 

I was so excited about this. Doesn't that means I could equip 5 orbs into each of my rings!?

 

To test it out, I took all of my rings out and one by one I patiently equip every 5 orbs into each ring which took a while. Since there are only 45 orbs left, there could only be 9 rings with full slots, and here it is.

 

Bone Ring of the Imp
A ring where it's made by fusing all of the imps and eyes to form a ring which boosts stats to a degree.
+3 Int
+4 Wis
+11 Spd
+5 Str
◊◊◊◊◊

 

 

Because of its sudden effects, I can feel it, the sensation and course of strength flowing inside my veins and body. This feeling is wonderful and incredible while at the same time, I felt my body lighter, is this because of Spd? It truly is amazing.

Even though I've equipped the orbs into the rings and spear, there wasn't any difference in their designs, maybe it was absorbed into the weapons. Well, it's not like I care if it improves my stats. Now that I'm ready it's time to move on to the next floor.

Though I decided to take a short rest while lying on this firm rocky ground which was not comfortable at all, still I lied down since I wanted to take some rest. I just felt so tired in terms of mental that is, I don't know how long I'm able to prevent myself from losing myself.

It might seem that I'm maintaining a calm expression, however, that is not true, I'm trying my best to hold and keep everything together. The hope of advancing further and finding an exit is what lightens up my mood, and it's part of the mechanism that's keeping myself together.

After half an hour later of rest, I stood up and began proceeding on to the next floor.

Now that I have gone through 4 floors, I don't believe the next floor is going to be any better.

Frustration gloom over me, and I couldn't help but clenched my fist and punched the wall.

*Sigh* It's no use getting worked up over something which I can't find the answer, for now, I should follow the goal that I've set myself which is to get out from here.

 

Maybe, when I thought about that, a spark of encouragement burst out inside my heart, boosting both my spirit and mind while at the same time perseverance, and because of that I gripped my spear tightly and began walking in a fast pace.

Walking through this long unknown path, I finally reached the end of the gate, and exceptionally the gate I'm facing is unlike any other gate I've seen.

Compare to all previous floor gates, this gate....um..how should I say? More colours maybe?

Instead of dark pitch colour, this gate has some designs reminding me of a skull with empty eye sockets that were ominously glowing in red light.

It gave out a spook and discomfort vibe but I wasn't afraid or anything, it's just that it feels so sudden to have this weird looking gate that's different from others.

The skull was in the centre and somehow, I had the impression of it being a sign. A sign that represents danger and I should be cautious of that. I shouldn't take too lightly when facing this gate, it surely has some meaning.

Perhaps, within inside this gate, there lies a monster known to be peculiar or unique, and it must be a powerful one and stronger than any other monsters from the previous floor. Looking at the skull for once more I had just made a connection between skull and death.

It doesn't sound so pleasing in my ears, and I definitely wouldn't want to be the victim, thus I used a skill that I've never touch since sticking in this caves of miseries.

White smoke bombed out in the ground, and after it dispenses, an identical clone appears. Without even giving any order, tasks or communicating with him, he looked at me and just nodded his head as though saying 'Understood'.

This feels bizarre yet fascinating of having another clone.

He walked near to the gate and opened up with his arms, and as it opened, a deep sound of creek reverbed through the cave which I had goosebumps all over my body.

It was creepy and mystifyingly, and the weird thing is that fog of mist came out from the gate, drifting through me, a second later, there was a gush of wind blew over my face.

Due to the situation, it didn't allow me to enjoy the cool feel of the wind as I felt danger. I don't know whether it was just my imagination, but I felt an oppressive aura just from the wind.

My heart was pounding fast right now, it was a warning me that I should escape from here or else I'm going to die. Is this fear?

My legs were trembling tremendously, and I could barely hold them still, however, all of it was gone. Is this the effect of passive skills? I'm glad that I have those skills or else I wouldn't able to think carefully and be at my own doomsday.

My clone was not any better than me, he might be in worse condition than me.

Even though the monster inside might be tough, I won't back down. If I can't proceed on then how am I going to get out from this cage?

I cast some sparks just like always and walked towards the spooky entrance, the winds weren't stopping as I walked, and it only stopped when I crossed the gate, and suddenly I heard a loud boom. It was coming from my back, and when I turned my body around, the gate was shut.

This never happens before!!

If the gates were shut, there's only one conclusion. Whatever or whoever the monster is here, it doesn't allow me to escape. I'm not able to use Manual point as I've set the point on this spear. I'm not worried about my clone trapping from outside, since he's just a clone.

Abruptly, there were sounds of something being lit up, and along the walls in my left and right, both had some sort like a candle each centimetre, and they lit up all the way to the very end which then I saw, a throne.

Someone, no, it's not a person, I don't know how to describe it whether it's a monster or human, but for sure it's a dead living.

It has a huge body made from skeletons, and it has dark blue thick armours covering every part, it even wore a helmet armour on its skull with a horn in its centre.

The skeleton was resting on the throne with both of its arms resting on the throne machetes but the one that catches my eye the most was its huge long bulky sword on the left side of the throne.

I couldn't really see the word to describe it, but I notice there was some sort like weird-looking words on the sword and I bet when someone drops the sword it'll create a huge massive impact on the ground.

The moment the final candle lit up, the empty eye sockets of the skeleton illuminated up in red sinister, and somehow, it reminded me of the skull that I saw on the gate just now. I didn't have any time to make any connections between them as the skeleton stood up and held its sword.

The skeleton slowly walks down the stairs that were connected with the throne while at the same time, it slides its sword against the ground creating sparks, and I took this time to appraise what's this monster is.

 

Death Knight 
Age: 5 Months
Rank: Rank: G
Level: Level: 20 
Soul Grade:
Title: Demise Knight 
Hp: 912/912
Mp: 86/86
Sp: 110/110
Str: 121
Int: 29
Wis: 43
Def: 158.4
End: 55
Spd: 60
Acc: 37
Crit: 35
Will: 25
Luck: Max
Charm:  -100
Active Skill: Bone craft(D), Bone def boost(D), Bone strength boost(D), Bone Shot(D), Death Sword skills(D), Ball of Empty(D), Black Disc(E)
Passive Skill:

Bone enhancement(D),  Bone growth(D), Great Bone Def(D), Great Bone Str(D) 

Special Skill: Bone fuse(D)
Buff Effects: Demise Knight buff↑ 20% of Def and Hp(permanent), Bone enhancement buff↑ 2% of Def(permanent), Bone growth recover 5% of the damage taken(permanent), Great Bone Def buff↑10% of Def(permanent), Great Bone Str buff↑10% of Str(permanent)

 

 

So..it's known as Death Knight, everything about it down to its skills doesn't sound good at all, especially with his title, Demise Knight.

When he was done with his fabulous walking, he raises his sword up pointing towards me as though saying the battle has begun and immediately he charges towards me. Despite his size, the speed that he's running is fast.

With his huge size, every step he took will create a loud bombarding noise, and due to that, I was able to react. His speed is not great, however, the strength that was hidden inside his bones and sword is what concerns me.

Every attack he slashed, I dodge it, and there's no way I'm going to block that huge ass sword, and neither am I going to try, so the only option is to throw my spear.

I threw my spear towards his left shoulder, and he smirked. He thought my accuracy was bad but what he didn't know is that I suddenly vanish and appeared on his back.

Unexpectedly, he managed to block by using his sword, my goal of piercing his back has failed. Because I was in midair, he used his sword to deflect towards me to mess up my balance since my spear has clashed with his sword.

He didn't miss this chance, and quickly tried to cut me upwards, but he failed to do so as I blocked it with my spear, due to that, a loud sound of clang was heard. However, the force was too great since he had the advantage.

I was thrown towards the side of the walls and when I crashed against the walls, a deep tormenting pain reacted in some parts of my body. I immediately screamed because of the pain I even coughed out some blood which I quickly cast heal over and over again until the pain is gone, but of course, the death knight was too impatient and choose to intervene.

Because I wasn't looking at him as I'm groaning in pain that made me focused on healing myself that he just cand over and decided to kick with his leg with no mercy at all.

"Shit" I cursed loudly because of the incoming kick and when he landed the kick on me, I flew over to the other side and roll on the ground. Again, I screamed on top of my lungs because new pains were invading every part of my body, and now, I needed to cast heal but that bastard just won't let me!!

Now I'm really mad, really mad!! Maybe because I held myself that resulted in all of this, I was so furious, and I just wanted to kill this skeleton monster so badly. To heck with my memories, to heck with this cave and..to heck with all these monsters.

I didn't care any more, and I cast lightning chains, magic circles appeared all around me, and chains of lightning began chasing the knight, capturing him while the chains tightened around him at the same time electrifying.

Sounds of an electric wave through the cave, but that was not that end I didn't stand idly there while watching this, I used 2 Ice element skills which is Ice shot and Bomb Freeze.

I cast a hundred Ice shot which appears to be a short thorn to pierce his body, but because his body def is so sturdy that every Ice shots broke apart, even so, the knight himself couldn't escape unscathed from my wrath.

He suffered some damages which then the Bomb freeze appeared which looked like some kind of a carved lotus flower, it was beautiful yet cold but one thing about this skill is that it is slow but since Knight was held by the chains, I could use this skill.

When the Boom freeze came into contact with his body, it immediately exploded and within few metres away from him, all the ground and roofs were covered in ice still it was not over. I used Lightning Storm plus Lightning Arc, and countless of magic spells appear above him, and now he was struck by lightning as though it was wrath from the lightning god.

I merciless cast more Lightning and Ice skill over and over again, I didn't care about emptying out my Mp, all I care is to kill this bloody bastard.

I was stressed all this time, and I wanted to take it easy, but I was wrong!! I shouldn't be so carefree, I should have just wiped out this monster quickly without thinking anything.

Because of my tension, I subconsciously decided to use this monster as my punching bag and maybe I might be losing my sanity bit by bit, I was laughing maniacally and shouting 'take this you bastard' the whole time I was torturing him, and I didn't realize that myself.

I finally understand something about this place, I shouldn't be merciless not to any monsters, the moment I see them, I should just immediately kill them without any comments.

I finally stopped only after his corpse was totally burned to the point in turned ashes and because of continuously casting skills non-stop, I was out of my breath, and I feel really tired, but something is weird.

The wounds that I've suffered from this monster disappeared as though nothing had happened and right now I don't feel tired at all, and it made me stunned, but it's not like it's bad or anything.

After quite a while the gate opened up, and the clone that was trapped outside quickly rushed out to me looking so worriedly, and when he came out to me, he asked lots of questions. For some reason, this feels weird but soothing, weird because I'm talking to myself, soothing because there's someone to talk too and at least I'm not that alone and could still keep my insanity check.

Because I'm too mentally exhausted, I just let my butt drop onto the ground while spreading my arms out and screamed, it was a form of me complaining to this cave and also letting my stress out.

At least with this way, I'm able to cope with my stress, and since I'm busy with complaining to the imaginary cause, the clone took the initiative to take the loot, but I don't know why after some time he came back while shouting out so excitedly because of that he disturbed my peace.

However, when I checked out the loots I've received, I finally understand why they were so excited, and now my hands and bodies were trembling in excitement as I couldn't believe what I've just received.

 
 

I hope that the fight scene doesn't disappoint you and hope you bear with my immature of writing in that way

18