Chapter 17: A forced situation
250 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Alice POV)

After an enjoyable walk through the academy with my mom, we reached the witch's office. I'm not able to describe say clearly where is the office located, but I can say that it's on the last floor of a big building with multiple classrooms. Each floor of the building represented the academy level of the student, starting from the first year to the fifth year.

As I walked through the hallways I noticed that the glares of some students were filled with curiosity, it was known that my mom was one of the maids under the witch's command from her debut in the admission test.

Thankfully my mom was wearing an appropriate maid uniform unlike the last time, but even with a normal outfit there suspicious were some strange glares coming from some students, as some male students were glaring at my mom with red cheeks.

I was a little concerned by the glares of some students, who were looking at me with red cheeks, and for some reason, some of them were female students...

When we reached the witch's office my mom for some reason patted my head with a worried expression.

"Alice, you need to enter without me, I... still have some chores to do."(Orie)

She didn't explain any further and left the area, leaving me alone in front of the witch's office. There was something wrong with the way she looked at me, not knowing what to expect made me take a long breath before opening the office door.

Inside the office was the witch with her characteristic cup of coffee and at her side was a woman with long blond hair wearing a teacher uniform and a black mask. I was surprised by the unexpected guest, but without minding my surprise the witch took a more comfortable position before speaking.

"How are you feeling mister celebrity? Are you already accustomed to the academy?"(Witch)

This is strange, there is something unusual with her words. They are... sharper than usual.

"To summarize it, someone threw a teacher off the arena in the admission test and that same person made a huge mess in one of the most famous shops for the students in the academy. Did you think no one would know about you at this point?"(Fayna)

Hearing about my big blunder of yesterday made me almost scream, hearing the witch remembering me that the entire university was aware of what happened pierced my heart. Forgetting about the previous anomaly I glared at the principal embarrassed and although she was trying to mock me her cheeks were a little red, making her lose a little of her mocking aura.

"If that's all you want to tell me then talk about it another time, I still have some things to do." (Alice)

"Don't be so energetic right now, this is something related to what I called you."(Fayna)

This could be something bad, why is that incident related to this situation?

Without saying anything the witch looked at me with a serious face and displayed one piece of sheet with the information of five students.

"This is the information of the student council team, you will join them for the academy tournament. Every one of them is an extremely talented student and they will help you with your growth. Now search for them, that's all."(Fayna)

"Wait a moment! This isn't related to my previous incident at all!!! and why do I have to join this team!?"(Alice)

"Ignoring your little incident in the shop your skills attracted the attention of other students. It's not very common to see a freshman knock out a teacher from the arena in an admission test. Although you lacked the power to hurt the teacher your great sense of battle is more than enough in a team fight.

Because of this, some students have the idea of sending a team invitation for the academy tournament, but what I need is your victory in the tournament. If I want to accomplish this goal, I need you to join the most powerful team in the academy, or did you think joining an incomplete team full of inexperienced girls would do the job?"(Fayna)

Now I finally knew why the witch called me here. She was angry at my choice of joining Rine, Fari, and Lapis for the academy tournament. Even though I don't want to admit it I knew she was right, joining them would make my chances of winning the tournament almost impossible, but at the same time I saw the determination in their eyes, I knew they wouldn't have the idea of joining the tournament recklessly.

"It doesn't matter on what team I am. The deal is winning the academy tournament, so as long as I keep my part of the deal you have no power in my decisions"(Alice)

I hoped she would understand my intentions, and give me a chance to prove to her the value of those girls, but in exchange, she gave me a disappointed smile, mocking my resolve. Although we quarreled a little and she had an unreasonable personality I believed she was a good person on the inside. But now I was extremely disgusted, shocked, and fearful, I couldn't believe she was the same witch I knew for the last three years.

"Don't you remember that the life of your mother is still in my hands? Remember, I rescued you to win the tournament. If you don't want to fulfill your part of the deal then my cooperation with you and your mom is over."(Fayna)

Every word the witch said pierced my heart like hot knives, from her attitude I was feeling the same sensation of betrayal from three years ago. I felt something corroding my heart, telling me to end it all.

But if I learned something is that even if you feel like everything is going wrong you can't back down, I couldn't explain it but I really wanted to help Rine, Lapis, and Fari to win the tournament. I also didn't want to lose or risk my mom's life, so with the lack of options, I made the most dangerous bet I have ever done.

"Then let's make another deal, let me join the team of those girls for the academy tournament. If I were to lose in the tournament then I will become your slave for the rest of my life, but you still need to keep my mother alive."(Alice)

Without knowing how this is going to end I kept glaring at the principal without avoiding her gaze even though I was on the brink of crying. The witch only looked at me without any emotion on her face. This contest lasted for a minute before the witch let a smile form on her face with a tinge of regret in her eyes.

"Well done. You passed the trial."(Fayna)

"Eh?"(Alice)

Before I was able to process what happened the space in front of me was distorted and, without giving me time to react, the figure of Fari covered in tears hugged me while Lapis and Rine approached me with teary eyes.

I gave up any attempt to understand the situation and looked at the witch for an answer.

"When a team is established, every teammate will develop a strong bond over time by letting them learn about them little by little, sadly we don't have too much time until the next tournament starts. If all of you are going to participate then you need to start training right now, we can't allow wasting time on knowing each other like some fictional book where "friendship" is the key. Right, Rine?"(Fayna)

Shocked by the truth I tried to see if she was hiding something else, but to my surprise seemed very sad about what she previously said.

"You can take revenge on me later. But for now, let's start the real presentation between you and them, for this, you have to take off your mask."(Fayna)

The words of the principal made Fari, Rine, and Lapis focus their attention on me, and without any other option, I removed my mask while feeling a little shy. I must say I was intrigued by their reactions, as Fari was pointing at me while stuttering, Rine was so shocked that her eyes were wide open and Lapis was frozen in her place.

"P-P-P-P-P...!!"(Fari)

"Princess Talia?"(Lapis)

"Talia?"(Rine)

Even though their responses were different, I became intrigued by Rine's informal tone. She spoke like she knew princess Talia, which may be the case. I wanted to enjoy their reactions a little more but feeling this wasn't ending soon I took the initiative.

"Let me introduce myself again. My name is Alice and I am...."(Alice)

During my entire explanation of my true identity, none of them made a sound. Through my entire explanation, I could see how their expressions changed, as they would show anger, sadness, and happiness. By the time I finished, they were left with an astonished expressions.

"Who would have thought you were a lost twin of Talia?"(Rine)

Rine was the first to react and give an answer. I was surprised at her fast adaptability to this situation, the next one to react was Lapis, as she examined me from head to toes with great interest, and the last, Fari, well...

"WOW!! So, you are a lost princess of the Holy kingdom!! The princess Talia would be really happy to know she has a sister!"(Fari)

"Em... I was curious since before, but can you tell me how you know princess Talia?"(Alice)

Curiosity is something every human has, and hearing them talking about princess Talia made mine grow until the point I could endure. I expected them to explain everything without any trouble, but instead, they fell into silence. Feeling something wrong I tried to dismiss my question when Rine noticed my intentions and stopped me.

"Don't worry, sooner or later you would have found out about it. This will also take a long time, but this is related to our current situation and the origin of our contract. This is a story from three years ago..."(Rine)

12