Chapter 24: Sweet Blood (?)
130 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Alice POV)

"Eh... This is confusing." (Fari)

"...Problematic." (Lapis)

"I agree, although this works perfectly as a disguise..... the similarity is too much, how are we going to solve this?." (Rine)

If you could describe my current mood with one word, that word would be "troubled". After we returned to the inn Rine took princess Talia into her room to change her clothes. While the princess was changing we were organizing what would be our plans for this mission, it didn't take long for the prince to change her outfit, as she returned to the inn's lobby with Rine.

With everything settled we were about to ask if princess Talia agreed with our plan, only to notice a "little" inconvenience. I knew the truth, I knew this would happen when she got the disguise but seeing another me in front of my eyes was surreal, I bet the princess is feeling the same right now.

We knew each other from that dinner those years ago, but when we met there wasn't any interaction aside from a greeting and we were dressed differently, Now seeing her with me same outfit felt like the world was recalling my identity as the lost twin.

Setting aside the mess inside of my mind I told Lapis a little "doubt" that was bothering me while looking at the fidgeting princess.

"Say Lapis..... I'm gonna ask just in case .... How are you going to know who is who?" (Alice)

It seemed that everyone was concerned by this, as everyone was in silence without any good idea. Well, that's not entirely true... but I wanted to avoid that option if I could.

"I know! Why don't you wear an accessory, like a bracelet or a necklace?" (Fari)

"Good idea! Can someone lend me a bracelet?" (Alice)

Just as I finished my words I remembered that we specifically avoided bringing things non-related to the mission. With the conversation stagnated I resigned myself and tried the option I was avoiding since the beginning. 

"You know what? I'll just do this." (Alice)

While everyone was looking at me confused I pulled out a bicolored hair clip with the shape of a small butterfly out of my storage device and tied my hair into a low ponytail, the same hairstyle as Rine. I must add that the clip had the same colors as my hair, I'm not bragging or something.

"Wait a second... Why didn't you mention the hairclip before?! You could just wear it from the very beginning and none of us would have racked our brains to find something useful!"(Fari)

"I don't like combing my hair into different styles. I would rather keep my hair straight and free."(Alice)

"Don't be so petty!" (Fari)

To be honest, although we agreed to bring only essential items, I couldn't leave behind this hair clip. This was the first gift I received from my mom, I won't forget how much she struggled to find good cloth and thread to make it when we were in the village. Later she re-designed the clip with better materials and colors because of the change in the color of my hair.

With the matter of "who is who" solved Rine looked at the princess with a tired expression, even though we were at the beginning of the mission.

"I forgot she can be like that sometimes. Talia, please ignore the petty girl in front of you and please guide us through the capital."(Rine)

"Al-Alright... then, please follow me."(Talia)


(Alice POV)

"Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha?" (Fari)

"You have to be kidding me."(Alice)

"I-I didn't know this place existed in the capital."(Talia)

"I don't even know how to react."(Rine)

"...Let's go to another place."(Lapis)

How did this happen? After following the princess all around the capital for a good amount of time we ended up in the most unexpected place we could ever imagine. In front of us was a branch of "Sweet Blood ", you could argue that there is no reason to be so shaken, but here is the deal. The store was filled with macho men wearing tight priest robes eating small portions of food, and drinking in small sips while chatting with a feminine tone.

Because this was unexpected I could see everyone's expression twitching, and I bet that the expression behind the mask of princess Talia was twitching as well. If this was everything then we could continue our tour around the capital, but before we knew it there was a macho man wearing a... maid outfit walking at us with impressive graceful steps.

"Oh my! Welcome to Sweet Blood little cuties, the only place where you can taste flavors out of this world. Please come inside and I'll show you the pride of our store!" (Macho maid)

................ha? wait a minute... Sorry, my mind went blank just for a moment. The sight of a macho man in a frilly maid costume with a lot of girly accessories was a lot to take in, additionally, the pigtails on his head and the posing he was doing while his bulky muscles were twitching didn't help at all.

"Strange creature?" (Alice)

"Who are you calling a new type of monster!?"

Because of the shock, I ended muttering something very rude, making the macho man mad. His expression tossed her cute persona for a split second before realizing his mistake and making a cute expression again. Seeing this gap only increased my fear of the unknown. 

"I apologize for my discourtesy. But you can't go around and speak to other people like that mon. Anyway, this place accepts every type of cuties, so I believe you will enjoy our delicacies. Don't worry sweetie, I won't devour you even if you look soo sweet~." (Macho Maid)

It was at this moment, without any hesitation or doubt, the four of us turned around and grabbed the confused princess in an attempt to flee from this cursed area. I must say... I was proud of our beautiful performance as a team and the bonds that allowed us to understand each other in dire situations. I wanted to engrave this moment in my heart as a moment of true teamwork, unfortunately even this beautiful display of comradeship wasn't enough to escape, as we were surrounded by a lot of macho maids.

"No mon senior... you can't be rude like that! It can't be helped, this big sister will teach how to become good and beautiful girls!" (Macho maid)

As the five of us were dragged inside of the store I barely managed to hear the concerned voice of Azazel before he fell asleep again.

"So he noticed it? The clock of this shop isn't normal in any aspect." (Azazel)

5