3 – Dimension Quake
915 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the time was up with a ding, a screen popped up in front of us, startling me awake. My name was part of the eliminated list. It didn’t even record my kill count…

 

Oscar - 15 points

Kevin - 13

Jessica  - 11

Cailin - 10

Ronald - 10

 

Alongside this, the rest all had 9 or below while the ones who were out early, were all eliminated. They all had sad expressions on their face. Couldn’t be helped… it was our only chance to enter into the Spirit Pavillion, and it had slipped out of our fingers.

 

For those who successfully resonate with a spirit weapon would automatically enter into a higher level institute. As for the rest, unless they wanted to join the military, compulsory education would be over.

 

The instructor shook his head before nodding at those who passed.

 

“We’re leaving,” afterwards we all exited the simulation before returning to class.

 

“It’s okay Xi…” 

 

“Mmhmm, good for you Jessica.” I patted her, “take care of me when you get famous, kay?” 

 

She rolled her eyes, “you still have your brother, isn’t he doing pretty well?”

 

“Backup plan~” 

 

“How did you get eliminated?”

 

“Cailin…” 

 

“Her again!” she gritted her teeth however I stopped her.

 

“It’s pointless, even if she hadn’t showed up, I might not have made it. One hour for 5 points when I was already too exhausted doesn’t seem possible.” Although I felt sad… there wasn’t anything I could do about it. 

 

Afterwards we returned back to the classroom. Because of the simulation we were permitted to leave early today if we wanted to, as it was just a briefing about the spirit pavilion and resonance. 

 

For each level a person is at, they would have a 10% chance at resonating with a spirit weapon. Of course that only applies to a tier 1 weapon. As my capacity is 5, I only have a 50% chance. While someone like Oscar at 9 would have a 90% chance. 

 

What if their level is higher than 10? If such a rare talent appears, they would’ve instantly been recruiting into the inner city. Judging from my guess, they probably could go straight for a tier 2 weapon? Even if it’s a 10% chance, it’s like a carp leaping through a dragon’s gate.

 

Walking through the dirty streets, I made it to an old building that both counts as a house and a store. My grandpa sells books, and although there are barely any customers. Rather we could actually enter into the inner city, but grandpa didn’t want to, saying he misses this place. 

 

“I’m back!” 

 

“Welcome back Xi…” an old voice sounded behind the counter. I nodded at him before running up the stairs. The good thing about those simulation capsules is the nutritional fluids that we gain from using them, so even after that session, I didn’t feel tired one bit. Which is why the school only allows students to use them once a year.

 

Sitting on the bed, I began to wonder what to do when the city alarms suddenly sounded. 

 

“Xi!” grandpa’s urgent voice called me, causing me to run downstairs. 

 

“Grandpa, shelter!” we hurriedly exited the place before following the directions of the guards that guided all of the citizens. 

 

From afar we could see the sky ripple signaling a dimension quake which was a precursor to a high level dimension monster appearing. As the ripples intensified, with a rip, suddenly everything went mute before a crack appeared.

 

A giant head popped through the space, as the automated aircrafts flew forward before shooting at it. Irritated, it let out a roar, causing them to be destroyed.

 

“Hurry!” the guards knocked us out of the daze before sending us forward to the shelter. Upon entering it everyone was restless while the sounds of explosion appeared. 

 

“That was a tier 5 dimension beast…” people were whispering and gossiping about it.

 

I turned on my Terminal Bracelet and found that there was no signal because of the dimension quake. Slightly worried for my brother who’s still outside, I looked towards grandpa. He patted me on the head to console me.

 

“Big brother is still outside…”

 

“It’s okay, he’ll be fine…” although he said that, he seemed a little untighty as well, “how can a tier 5 appear here.” taking his hands off my head, he rested against the shelter walls.

 

I huddled up as well, hoping that giant monster wouldn’t show up. 

 

Seconds ticked by before minutes to an hour. When the shaking and emergency sounds all stopped. 

 

I took out my bracelet to call my brother, and soon a teenager showed up. He had black short hair and eyes. He was currently wearing an officer uniform as he worked for the guards currently.

 

“Big Brother, are you safe?”

 

“Mhm,” he nodded, “Little Xi doesn’t need to worry. Other than a few robots, the tier 5 in the city showed up to take care of it. Comrades calling, talk to you later!” afterwards he ended the call.

 

When we returned to the house, the sky was already dark. My brother returned home as well before cooking us dinner to eat. It was a plate of simple vegetables and meat over rice.

 

Upon finishing dinner, I went to my room. Yesterday I had finally finished the mysterious symbol that the book required me to make using my dimension energy. 

 

Closing my eyes, I began to view my innerworld. Everything was dark, yet I could easily tell where something was. In the center, there was a symbol floating in the center. 

 

It felt like a part of me, as well as gave me a weird instinct. 

 

***

 

The next day, I attended school again as usual.

 

“What type of weapon will you choose?” 

 

“A gun, isn’t it mainstream nowadays?”

 

“But my parents said that they become harder to rank up once you hit tier 3.”

 

“That’s already more than enough to earn a living. It’s not like my goal is tier 10 or something. In fact isn’t it what a majority does? As long as we can live comfortably it’s fine.” afterwards she looked worriedly at me, “Xi will you be fine?”

 

33