4 – Decision
847 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mhm, I guess we won’t be seeing each other afterwards?” 

 

She nodded although a little sad, “unfortunately our paths are going to split up Xi… will you still be attending?”

 

I shook my head, “I’m not planning to join the military.”

 

15 minutes later

 

The door sounded, signalling the instructor had appeared again.

 

 A majority of the class were angry that he denied them a chance at the spirit pavilion. Since it was basically cutting off their future. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything we could do about it, as all of the rights were passed to him. Even if the parents complained, he wouldn’t budge.

 

However everyone straightened their backs when the instructor came inside. He viewed the entire room before opening his mouth.

 

“Unsatisfied? Unwilling?” he sneered at us, “you only have yourself to blame for being weak. With that level of strength, even if you pick up a spirit weapon, you won’t be able to make it far, and you’d best be a normal person. At least you’ll be protected within the city walls.”

 

Ignoring the mood, he continued to teach us basic education before talking about spirit weapons, causing everyone to be excited. Even if we couldn’t obtain one we could still be excited right?

They were in truth dimension weapons that could form a contract with an owner through resonance. The higher the tier, the harder for resonance to take place. While tier 1 weapons depended on the person’s innate talent, a higher tiered weapon requires even more compatibility.

 

“Why do you think a spirit weapon is so important? Oscar you answer!” 

 

“Aside from providing us with a means to fight dimension monsters, it also allows us to increase our capacity further. WIthout it, our levels would forever be stuck after our growth phase.”

 

“Good!”

 

“After you contract one, after making it to 10 units of dimension energy, you will successfully have entered into tier 1. From then on, for each level you’ll require the corresponding tier of spirit weapons to break through. To pass level 20, you will need a tier 2 spirit weapon, while level 30 would require a tier 3 spirit weapon.”

 

Pacing briskly from one end of the room to the other, seeing that our attention was all on him, he finally stopped in the center before scanning the entire class.

“Although a lot of you failed to make it, maybe in the future you’ll have contact with spirit weapons. So I’ll explain the process of contracting one. 

 

Upon entering the spirit pavilion, you can choose a weapon of your choice. The method is simple, all you need to do is grab the handle. If you succeed, the spirit weapon will form a symbol inside your Spirit Space. From then on, you’ll be able to absorb dimension energy using your weapon.”

 

***

 

After lunch break, everyone returned back to the courseroom.

 

However the rest of the course was just military recruitment. Even if we couldn’t become a Dimensional Fighter we could still apply. They would train us while providing weapons similar to the sword or gun in the simulation. It would allow us to hunt dimension monsters, however only on the limits of tier 1 and maybe 2. 

 

Of course, there might be some genius or freak that shows up, being able to fight higher tier monsters with just skills alone.

 

“I guess this is where we part ways Xi.” Jessica said as we walked out the school.

 

“Mhm, what will you do next?”

 

“I’ll go into a higher institute and join the city guards,” she waved her hands, “take care Xi.”

 

“You too.” I went home before greeting my grandpa again, when I just realized I hadn’t told him about my failure yet. To not even be able to make it to the Spirit Pavilion…

 

Maybe I should just come clean with it? After taking a shower and changing into a set of casual clothing, I opened the door before heading down.

 

“Grandpa…” lowering my head, I twirled my fingers.

 

“What is it?” he looked at me.

 

“I...I failed to make it to the Spirit Pavilion.” 

 

I felt he went stiff for a moment before being lost in thought and sighing, “perhaps it is good for you this way… at least you won’t have to worry about your life in these areas.” 

 

“But Dad and Mom…” Will they accept their daughter failing like that?

 

“Mhm, that’s indeed a problem. If they find out...” placing a hand on my head he looked as if he was troubled. However  after a while, I found out that he was just using it as an excuse to pat me more!

 

“Grandpa!”

 

Pouting, I went back to my room. I began to ponder about the next thing I should do next. 

 

First I’ll need a weapon… but I can’t get one unless I join the military…

 

Imagining the future me like that gorilla in the simulation, I shivered. 

 

Should I grab Big Brother? It should be fine to tell him about my secret right? 

28