6 – Save me!
837 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing that Mom was calling me, I answered it.

 

“Xi, how have you been? Were you crying? Did you miss Mom?” 

 

“Mom save me!” 

 

“What happened?” 

 

“Mom, I created a symbol using my dimension energy…” afterwards I explained how it gave me a feeling that I could absorb dimension energy and monsters. However it started to absorb my blood energy.

 

She then asked me different sorts of questions like how did I create one, or where I got that black book from. I obediently answered all her questions without hiding anything. She even asked me a question like, “did you open your meridians as well?”

 

To which I nodded my head, it was included in what the book gave me, however I haven’t found a use for it other than providing a pathway to release my dimension energy, something I don’t dare to do other than inside a simulation.

 

“What you contracted was most likely a spirit weapon of some sort,” hearing Mom give me a verdict, as if finally finding a vent, all of my worries and fear disappeared. 

 

If Mom says so, then it should be okay. 

 

“More importantly, why didn’t you tell us earlier?” Mom’s voice sounded a little scary.

 

I gulped before giving my honest answer while feeling a little embarrassed at myself, “don’t the protagonist in those stories always hide it?”

 

“...”

 

***

 

The next day, I woke up before sniffing the air to find something really smelly. Reflexively raising my hand to cover my nose, I realized my entire skin was dirty.

 

“Xi! It’s mom!”

 

Hearing her voice, I ran to open the door, and was about to charge into her when she quickly stopped me with a hand.

 

“Are you trying to dirty your mom? Go take a bath first,”

 

“Hehe…” I looked up at her before sticking my tongue out. Although, I really wanted to hug her, I guess I could only do that later…

 

Going back to my room, I was about to grab a change of clothing when I noticed my palms were also stained. I turned pitifully towards mom. 

 

She let out a sigh before grabbing my clothing for me.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

“Kay~” 

 

Following her, we went to the bathroom where she placed my clothes to the side before leaving.

 

Taking off my clothes, I turned on the shower before stepping inside to wash my hair. Feeling the shower not enough this time, I filled the water up to take a bath instead.

 

“...” while rubbing myself, the water had turned completely gray and I could only refill it a few more times before I felt clean enough.

 

After changing into the set of clean clothes, I found her waiting outside for me.

 

“Mom!” this time she didn’t stop me from hugging her. 

 

“Anything’s changed with the symbol?” Mom asked while patting my back. 

 

Hearing her question, I entered my spirit space again to see it releasing silver energy while absorbing red energy.

 

“...it's exchanging energy with me? It's releasing silver energy while taking red energy from me.”

 

“...It probably isn’t a bad thing.”   

 

Mom said a little confused before leading me towards the living room.

 

Coincidentally dad was also in there chatting with Big Brother, while making hand movements. Like chops or slices. 

 

Upon noticing me, he abandoned Big Brother before picking me up.

 

“Little Xi, you’ve grown prettier since I last saw you a few months back,” planting a kiss on my cheek, he ruffled my hair before saying. After a while, I struggled and got off him before making it to the sofa and sitting down.

 

Mom took dad to discuss something while Big Brother continued to sit in front of the table.

 

“What did dad talk to you about?”

 

“Combat training, as well as…hahaha... never mind...anyways, I’ll make it work somehow, did you tell mom about failing?” suddenly changing the topic, he scratched the back of his head.

 

“...” I decided to remain silent. If my parents don’t ask, I definitely won’t tell. 

 

15 minutes later dad and mom returned. 

 

“We’re going to go out for awhile again.” 

 

“Xi, make sure to pick up your laundry later.” Mom turned around to remind me after Dad went downstairs.

 

“Kay,” getting my reply, she turned around and left as well.

 

“They’re gone again…” 

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Yo! My little star~ ” suddenly hearing the voice of a popular young idol named Y’s along with a jumpy background music, I turned around to find that it was from Big Brother’s terminal bracelet. 

 

He quickly ran and left the room to pick up the call.

 

“...” It’s not like I didn’t know that you chased idols Big Brother! In fact I even know of your secret collection as well. Of course to prevent him from being embarrassed, I kept quiet about it.

 

With nothing else to do, I sunk my consciousness in and found that the symbol was still absorbing my blood, although not as much as when I first woke up. Unknowingly I got engrossed in watching it. For some reason, I felt like I could stay like this forever.

27