8 – Customer
772 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling irascible I went to my bed and looked into my symbol for the rest of the day until my grandpa called me for dinner.

 

Getting off the bed, we silently ate, I felt the table slightly empty as Big Brother didn’t come back..

 

“Xi, tomorrow  come help grandpa with the store.”

 

“Mhm,” I nodded while eating. “Grandpa, is there a way to get stronger?”

 

Hearing my question he seemed lost in thought, “unfortunately the only way I can think of is contracting a spirit weapon.”

 

“But I can’t contract one?”

 

He sighed, however he remained silent. Seeing this, I quietly went back to eating.

 

Eh? 

 

Feeling my bracelet vibrate, I found that it was a notification and an ad.

 

‘Your Forgotten Idol Y’s’ live concert will be held in Shakra Base, tickets on sale now.’ 

 

Quickly pressing it, I bought 2 tickets, one for me and Big Brother. Deciding to surprise Big Brother, I decided not to tell him about it.

 

***

 

The next day, I went and helped grandpa with the bookstore. Although my only job was to sit next to him by the counter as there weren’t any customers. However, I decided to remain here. It felt less lonely with grandpa.

 

Closing my eyes I observed the symbol. I could feel that there was still a lot of silver energy inside of it. Only around 10% of it had been finished off. 

 

*Ding* the sound of the store bells sounded signalling a customer arrived. Coincidentally it was a girl who was looking around the store. 

 

“Go greet her,” Grandpa nudged me.

 

“Eh...but isn’t she just looking around?” What if I bothered her? I began to observe her and found that she was looking through the shelves of books. 

 

Feeling that it was a good chance, I got up and went up to her.

 

“Hello Big sister, is there a specific book that you would like?”

 

“I’m looking for a novel.”

 

“They’re this direction.” I took her to the side of the store before moving to the side. While I was at it, I ran up the stairs again before taking out the novel about the scientist before bringing it back down to see that she was currently looking at the second volume.

 

“Are you looking for this one?” 

 

I handed her volume one of the book. 

 

“Mmhmm, thanks.” She took the book before bringing it to the counter. Grandpa took it and scanned it over a tablet signaling a price. 100 credits.

 

Scanning her bracelet to transfer the credits, she left the store with the book.

 

“Bye, please come back again~” waving at her, she nodded towards me before leaving the store. I wonder if she’s a dimension fighter as well. 

 

After she left for the rest of the day, there weren’t any customers.

 

***

 

A month later, I had finally finished digesting all of the boar’s dimensional energy. My body had grown stronger as well. Feeling somewhat full of energy, I began to ask my grandpa if there were any combat moves I could learn. However he denied me, saying that it was impossible to learn.

 

“Dimension arts are only available for tier 5 and above spirit weapons. Even if someone gets their hands on a method, they require the weapon’s authority in order for it to work.”

 

Giving up, I went back upstairs to my room.

 

Opening my terminal, I gave my brother a call. 

 

“Xi what’s wrong?”

 

“Brother, I need to go hunt again.”

 

Hearing me he showed a troubled look, “I can’t at the moment... I got hired as a bodyguard for a young miss from the inner district. The term is 4 months...”

 

“Oh… have fun then...” I pray you bring home a sister-in-law soon.

 

The next option would be Jessica… since Big Brother wouldn’t be able to attend the concert anymore. Afterwards I gave her a call.

 

“Yo~”

 

“Are you busy right now?”

 

“Mmhmm, sorry, I can’t help you Xi,” afterwards without waiting for me to ask if she wanted a ticket, she hung up.

 

“...” I started to call my parents, however it couldn’t connect in the end. My only hope was to fight for my life, no risk no rewards

 

“Grandpa, I’m going out!”

 

“Where?”

 

“Outside the city…”

 

“...” he narrowed his eyes at me causing me to feel nervous. Maybe I should’ve told a lie? However I felt like I didn’t want to.

 

“I’ve gotten a lot stronger...I’m only missing a weapon!”

 

Suddenly I felt him release a pressure towards me, causing me to feel weighted, however it seems he held back as I could still stand. I didn’t know grandpa was so strong!

 

Waving his hand the pressure disappeared, “even if you have gotten stronger, you don’t have a spirit weapon. What will you do if you get kidnapped?”

 

I could only lower my head, “I didn’t think that far…”

 

“Luckily you were honest this time, if you lied and went off...what would grandpa do if you go missing!” he began to sob, causing me to feel guilty and run up to me.

 

“I won’t do it again grandpa…” I started to cry too.

 

“Don’t cry Xi, grandpa will take you out the base. Although I’m old...I can still fight.” patting my head, he got up before taking me out of the store.

 

“Grandpa how come dimension fighters aren’t afraid of being kidnapped?” wouldn’t my brother be kidnapped too? He’s only 2 years older than me! How come grandpa lets him run by himself.

 

“When they’re out on missions, they’re all logged and tracked by the federation. As for regular civilians if they’re gone they’re gone.

 

Be careful especially if your bracelet is jammed, it's a technique they love to use the best.”

 

“...just like dad and mom’s?” 

 

He shook his head, “they’re in an area far away from civilization, so it's jammed regardless.”

 

“Oh…” I felt myself calming down when I heard that.

 

24