9- Arc 1 Start
668 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon exiting the base, we went separated from the other travelers and dimension fighters .

 

“Did Big Brother tell you about being hired by a young miss?” 

 

“He didn’t, sigh… you all are all the same, hiding stuff one after another,” after saying so he glanced at me.

 

I looked the other way, “hmph, didn’t grandpa hide stuff too?” 

 

He chuckled, “I guess you all take after me.”

 

“There’s a dimension monster ahead,” Grandpa suddenly said before passing me a sword.

 

“Since you want to grow strong, then the best grandpa can do is to lend you a weapon.”

 

Turning towards us, it let out a squeal before charging in our direction, different from last month, this one appeared a lot slower.

 

Gripping the sword in part excitement and fear, I ran towards the boar. It was my first time fighting outside a simulation. I had the urge to bash the boar up, however my rationality kept me back.

 

Calming down when it was in reach, I sidestepped its charge before stabbing my sword inside. I barely felt any friction as it slid horizontally along its flank.

 

Letting out a painful squeal, it collapsed into the floor unable to get up.

 

Wiping the blood off my cheeks, I went forward before giving it another stab, ending its life.

 

Looking around and seeing nobody watching, I bent down before sending in my veins. The feeling of absorbing dimension energy appeared as the boar started to disappear.

 

“We’re continuing,” grandpa said before leading me deeper into the desolate plain.

 

Afterwards we hunted another 3 boars. As I was already full, I stored them all in my dimension necklace before returning to the base with Grandpa.

 

***

 

Taking off my clothes, I jumped into the bath. The warm waters caused me to let out a sigh of comfort. It felt great taking a bath after a day of fighting~

 

Placing a hand on my chin, I suddenly remembered the tickets. Should I go with grandpa? 

 

Imagining an elderly person holding a glowstick cheering at a young idol….I couldn’t bear to look. However, I can’t get that thought out of my head!

 

In fact I kind of want to see it?

 

Not good! The more I think about it, the more I want to see it. 

 

Getting out of the bath, I took out a towel in my dimension necklace to wipe myself before changing into another shirt and pants. 

 

“Xi, it’s time for dinner!” hearing grandpa’s voice, I went over before eating.

 

“Grandpa, here~” I transferred him a concert ticket.

 

Seeing him purse his lips, I secretly laughed.

 

“Will you go with me?” grabbing his sleeves, I looked up in expectation.

 

His eyelids twitch, however in the end he still nodded.

 

Like this, my goals of seeing an old man waving a glow stick would be reached. 

 

I celebrated for a while before returning to my room, when I frowned.

 

My clothes had grown tight recently, especially on the chest area. It was getting a little too uncomfortable. 

 

Sitting on my bed, I opened up my bracelet before I began to shop for clothes.

 

After buying a bunch of oversized clothes and extendable underwear using the allowance my parents sent me, I went back to looking at my symbol for the rest of the day.

 

It was currently absorbing my blood energy. Throughout the past month, I had observed the symbol and found that the energy it absorbed and released differed. 

 

For example, if I ate something it would stop releasing silver energy into me while absorbing a lot more blood energy. While if I’m very hungry it would begin to release silver energy only. However if I was in a normal state, it would begin to exchange red energy for silver energy.

 

The release of silver energy is fastest if I don’t eat, while the normal state is balanced. I tried not eating, however the feeling of hunger is hard to resist. 

 

***

 

The next day, after getting up, I stretched before grabbing the stacked up pile of clothing before throwing it into the laundry. Seeing everything in the machine, I went down to the bookstore before sitting next to grandpa. 

 

My days will probably go on like this…. For some reason, I felt extra bored today. 

 

“Grandpa, I’m going outside…” leaving the store, I went for a walk. However I didn't really go far as the base wasn’t completely safe.

 

“Little girl, would you like to come with uncle?” hearing a weird line, I turned around and saw a man holding out a weird piece of candy towards a girl a little younger than me.

 

Uncle, that trick doesn’t work anymore these days! 

 

However seeing the girl look curiously at the uncle, feeling she’d be tricked, I went forward before pulling on the back of his belt. 

 

With a nudge, he flew backwards before tripping on the floor. Running forward I gave him a few stomps on the gut before grabbing the girl's hand and running away.

 

Of course, the location was the Grandpa’s store. 

 

Turning around when we reached the entrance, I found she was looking curious at me. 

 

“Little sister, you shouldn’t believe in weird uncles like that. If they offer candy to you, you should punch them between the legs and run away.”

 

“I wasn’t planning on going with that weird Uncle. I was just curious about what he was doing.” 

 

“...” wouldn’t the end result be the same?

 

Feeling somewhat stifled at her logic, I brought her inside.

 

“Where’s your parents?” 

 

She lowered her head before muttering, “...I don’t know…”

 

A lost child? Looking at her wrist, her bracelet was also missing. 

 

“Grandpa, what to do? She’s lost.” going over to Grandpa who was dozing off, I pulled on his sleeves, causing him to be startled awake.

23