11 – Big Brother’s surprise, Little sister’s nagging
698 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, waking up I found that Little Fish was currently sleeping next to me. Stretching, I got up when I received a notification. All of the clothes I had ordered arrived. 

 

Heading downstairs, I picked up the packages before bringing them over to my room. Opening them, I took everything to the laundry to wash, while picking the old ones out. 

 

Taking them all, I went back to my room before placing them onto the side.

 

Seeing Little Fish still asleep, I closed my eyes to meditate. I wouldn’t want her to panic from waking up in an unknown place….

 

“Xi,” hearing her call me.

 

“Morning~” opening my eyes, I smiled reflexively at her before getting up. “I’m going back down to the store today. As for your clothes, they’re all over there.”

 

Turning around to see her somewhat dejected, I chuckled, “you’re coming too.”

 

“Mhm,” she got off the bed before following me downstairs.

 

Afterwards, well, it was back to sitting and staring outside the door. The only difference was there was a little sister next to me doing the same. 

 

“Little Fish, you’re not bored?”

 

She shook her head before smiling towards me. Seeing her eyes bent in crescents, I also smiled in return.

 

Suddenly I received a call from my bracelet, it was Big Brother.

 

“Big Brother!”

 

“Little sister, how has it been going?”

 

I rolled my eyes, “I’m bored like a salted fish without dreams. Sss” 

 

Suddenly feeling a painful feeling on my arm, I turned around to find Little Fish glaring at me. 

 

“Little Fish, I didn’t mean you,” finding her glaring look cute, I reached out to pat her head.

 

Big Brother showed me a weird look in the call, “did I call at the wrong time?”

 

“You didn’t, did something happen? Do I have a sister-in-law now?” isn’t it too fast!? 

 

Little Fish had removed my hand from her head and started to play with it. Feeling it slightly ticklish, I retrieved my hand back.

 

“Cough...what are you talking about?” Big Brother had a straightface, however his ears were red.

 

“Hehe, is the young miss pretty?”

 

“I guess so,” he shrugged before changing the topic, “anyways, I’m calling because we’re going to participate in the district 27 tournament.”

 

“...” Big Brother you blockhead! “You still have time to participate in a tournament when you’re guarding her?”

 

“Miss Alexis is participating as well, also, I’m not the only person guarding her.”

 

Not good, he even has a love rival? 

 

“Who’s the other person guarding her?”

 

“Haha, it’s her old butler, he’s level 54, so we’ve recently been training under him. Oh, I also broke through and contracted a new spirit weapon.”

 

Afterwards he showed me another sword, it had 7 golden lines running along the flat of the blade, it looked like some legendary weapon from a game.

 

“...”

 

“Not a bad sword,” grandpa suddenly chimed in from the side, “it doesn’t seem to be a tier 2 sword.” 

 

“It's a sealed sword,” Big Brother explained with a lamentful sigh, “I felt it calling me in the Spirit Pavilion, causing me to fail my contract with a tier 2 sword.

 

Afterwards, Miss Alexis suddenly appeared in front of me saying that she can help me get back in, however I would need to travel with her temporarily.”

 

He glanced at Little FIsh next to me before continuing, “anyways, the first match will be held tomorrow, so make sure to watch your Big Brother stomp everyone to the ground.”

 

“That aside… Big Brother, remember to take Miss Alexis to places okay? Don’t just focus on the tournament.” he gave me the feeling that he’ll end up with a harem, but end with no one, causing me to feel a little worried.

 

Big Brother showed a gloomy look before ending the call. Did I make him mad?  

 

***

 

The next day, we sat behind the counter while watching the projection from Grandpa’s bracelet. It had a three dimensional view of a stage as well as the fighters on it.

 

According to the tournament’s main page, they were currently in an elimination phase made up of 4 matches, which would take place twice a week. 

 

“Which block is Big Brother’s?” 

 

“Should be this one…” pressing on the options, the fighters swapped till we saw a 12 year old boy on the stage. His opponent was someone who was using a spear weapon.

 

The two did a bow when they stared at each other. After a while, the spear user let out a shout before charging at Big Brother in a blur.

 

Big Brother dodged before sending a thrust forward, leaving a silver-gold line as it stabbed towards his opponent at a much faster speed.

 

Right as it was about to stab the spear user, the referee stepped inside to end the match.

 

“...”

 

We remained silent for a while when Grandpa turned towards another match. It was the young miss Big Brother was guarding. 

 

Unlike the last match, the two bowed before dashing towards each other. 

 

She sent her rapier at the axe user who continued to dodge, seemingly in a tangle.

 

“He’s too full of openings,” Grandpa explained from the side.

 

“Oh…”

 

The axe user showed a frustrated look before gritting his teeth. After a yell in desperation, he sent out a strike.

 

Alexis did a parry with her rapier before spinning and sending a stab a lot faster towards the opponent’s throat. 

 

The referee stepped in at the very last second, causing the rapier to end up a centimeter away from the axe user.

18