20 – Train
408 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Making sure I stored everything including Little Fish’s clothes, Mom took the 2 of us out of the store after bidding Grandpa farewell.

 

For the first time in my 10 years of life, I was going to leave for another city. The thought was a little exciting, as well as sad.

 

We walked through the familiar streets as well as the supermarket. The entire front entrance had a giant hole in it. I turned towards Mom before looking back ahead.

 

Upon reaching the city walls, after a simple check, the guards respectfully allowed Mom to enter along with me and Little Fish. 

 

Mom didn’t call for a flying car, and led us in a beeline towards the station. The atmosphere here was a lot different than I thought. In fact, it wasn’t even much different from the outer city. 

 

“Mom, isn’t it supposed to be that everything is done by machines? How come aside from the drones and cars there aren’t anything else?”

 

She rolled her eyes at me, “your imagination is too wild.”

 

“...” Feeling extremely embarrassed at my ignorance, I lowered my head. I wanted to find a hole to bury into.

 

Luckily, Little Fish led me forward, otherwise I’d probably bump into a streetlight.

 

Soon we reached the station where the inter-city train was located. Mom passed me and Little Fish a ticket respectively. After scanning it through a machine, we found the train that was headed for Baiji City.

 

It was the first time I had rode a train before, causing me to feel slightly excited. 

 

The tickets Mom bought were one with a private room with 3 beds. Each with a table by its side. Seeing it, I turned to see Little Fish a little gloomy. 

 

I patted her shoulders, “Little Fish, oh, it’s time to separate our beds~ you shouldn’t always sleep with Big Sister.”

 

Seeing her unwilling expression, I giggled before sitting on one of the beds. Feeling that they were soft, I started to roll around before getting back up. Seeing Little Fish still a little sad, I went over before sitting beside her.

 

Unfortunately there were 3 beds, if Little Fish climbed over, I’m pretty sure her favor will decrease. However if I climbed in, Cough….Mom will probably spank me.

 

Perhaps she understood as well, she calmed down eventually.

 

Since there wasn’t much to do right now, we waited like this while the train began to move. 

 

Crawling towards the window, I watched as the buildings, robots and civilians flashed by, before exiting from the inner city towards the outer parts until finally exiting Shakra City completely.

 

At first, I was entranced by the greenery outside, however I soon became bored of it, in the end we were separated by a glass window and not really there. Taking my view back, I started to go over the encyclopedia for Dimension Monsters when Little Fish came over to view as well.

 

When the hour was up, closing the screen, I remained sitting on the bed with Little Fish before looking through my bracelet again. After picking a simple game, that wouldn’t get us into trouble, I brought it in front of Little Fish.

 

It was a shooting game where two players would go against each other 

 

Afterwards, I learnt the meaning of despair. 

 

My points remained at 0 whiles hers continued to climb. All of my kills disappearing before I could even set my sights on them.

 

“...” Turning around, I found that she was having fun, so I’ll bear with it. At the same time, I also made a counter plan for the next round.

 

At first my kills were being stolen again, however this time, I’ve come prepared, when I noticed a problem. My bracelet was still on the wrist so I couldn’t enact my plan!

 

In the end, I became crushed again, at least for the first half. I started gaining points again on the 2nd half. However each shot that landed was like a stab to my heart. 

 

I’m too weak ahh!

 

I’m definitely not going to stab myself a few times so I could get stronger.

 

I gave up after the 2nd match, as it was too much for my fragile heart. Placing a hand on my chest, I turned around to secretly sob when Little Fish wrapped her arms around my waist.

 

Luckily she didn’t pat my head, or else my dignity would’ve been shattered to pieces.

 

“You two…” Mom’s voice rang, “I’m going to have you both train.”

 

“??” Wiping my tears, I turned to face Mom. Were we going to spar on the train? However looking around the room, there wasn’t much space?

 

“Mom, are we sparring?” I became a little excited, I wanted to parry her strike. 

 

However she shook her head, “what your grandpa said about training your patience and composure wasn’t wrong. In the future, you’ll probably meet situations where you’ll be stuck in a place without anything to do. If Little Fish is with you then maybe it's okay, but if you’re alone? Maybe a day, or a few months would be okay, but years on end?” 

 

Afterwards she showed a slightly sad look, “in fact your dad is also in such a situation right now, he’s stranded in a place where he can do nothing but stare at empty space all day long.”

 

“Mom, why didn’t you stay with him?” 

 

“...” she pursed her lips, “the exit only allowed one person inside. That blockhead shoved me out. Without patience training, will you be able to withstand the loneliness?”

 

I lowered my head, will I be able to? I didn’t know….

 

“Therefore, for 3 hours each day, go train your patience.” Mom threw down in the end.

 

“...” deciding to use my cheat, I entered into my spirit space to stare at the symbol. Although Mom made it sound hard, it wasn’t that hard for me to pass time doing nothing, especially since Little Fish was next to me.

 

When Mom woke us up, it was already time for dinner. She got up before pressing a comm near the door. After ordering a bunch of food, a knock soon sounded against the door.

 

Upon opening it, we saw a beautiful auntie wearing a conductor uniform pushing in a cart of food. However, upon closer look, I found that she wasn’t human. An automaton? 

 

“Here’s your meal,” a clear voice sounded, as if just like any normal person.

 

“We took our plates before setting them in our respective tables before waving goodbye to the auntie.

 

“When you’re finished, just press on the comm~” she smiled at us before pushing the cart away. The door closed automatically when she left.

 

We silently ate our meals. Although it didn’t taste as good as the honey roasted pork, it gave me a sense of reprieve. It was like a rest stop before entering paradise.

 

“...” while thinking useless thoughts, I soon finished it. 

 

We pressed on the button, and after a minute, the door opened and the auntie returned along with a cart for us to place our empty plates back. Seeing everything was done, she smiled at us before pushing it out.

 

Going back to sit on Little Fish’s bed, I was about to go spend time with her when the train suddenly stopped.

 

“??” Looking out the windows, I found the train’s barriers had been set up.

 

“The train’s probably bumped into a dimension monster.” Mom explained as if she wasn’t surprised.

 

I kind of want to see it, but we couldn’t see anything on the train. 

 

“Go play,” Mom waved her hand at us before laying down on the bed, “there are fighters on the train who’ll take care of it.”

 

I turned around before playing with Little Fish for the rest of the day, of course, it wasn’t the shooting game. Climbing behind her, I gave her a hug before looking at her cheeks. Seeing them flushed red, I giggled before moving my hands towards her ribs.

 

Little Fish, this time you can’t run~

 

Afterwards, without mercy, I tickled her, causing her to laugh until she suddenly counterattacked. Twisting herself, she caused my hands to slip before pinning me onto the bed.

 

Feeling a bad premonition, before I could do anything, her hands had already reached my ribs, causing me to struggle and laugh, however it only made it worse.

 

“Noo! Hahaha! Stop!!” 

 

Releasing me after I was exhausted, I curled up again to recover, when I got up, the train had coincidentally started to move.

 

Along the way, there were giant splatters of blood stains and craters around the ground. In fact, I’m amazed the train tracks survived the large fight.

 

Soon it was night, after a yawn, I seperated from Little Fish before climbing into my bed.

 

***

 

Feeling something soft in my arms, I hugged it tighter. Too comfortable~

 

Suddenly I felt it move, causing me to be startled awake. 

 

“...” Opening my eyes, i found Little Fish was currently inside my bosom 

 

“Hehe, so you sneaked into Big Sister’s bed in the end?” seeing that she was looking upwards at me with her cheeks dyed red, I decided to tease her.

 

She pouted before burying herself into my chest again before nudging causing me to feel ticklish. 

 

Mom’s still here ahh!

 

While screaming inside my mind, I pulled her off, luckily she didn’t resist and separated from me.

 

Blushing, I got up before sneaking a glance at Mom, I found that she was looking at her terminal bracelet. It seems she didn’t really care about Little Fish sneaking into my bed.

 

“...” I felt as if my last line of defense was crumbling down.

 

Getting up to do a few stretches, I went over to Mom, she was currently looking through the tournament. Big Brother’s last elimination match was held today. Afterwards, there would be rounds, followed by top 80 40 20 10 and 5. As for top 1, the tournament didn’t have it.

 

The rounds were the most consuming as well as the quickest part of the tournament, every contestant would have to fight a match a day for 9 days straight. The two with the highest points in each group would end up advancing towards the final stage.

 

When it was time for his match, Mom placed the bracelet on the table before sending it into projection mode. A stage showed up along with his opponent, someone who used a large axe.

 

After the two bowed, they charged at each other when the projection suddenly flickered before shutting off.

 

18