21 – Beginning
355 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was as if an eye had opened up in the sky , it appeared suddenly and without warning as a flood of white and green appeared. It was countless amounts of dimension beasts.  

 

The train had stopped, the alarms rang, while a barrier had been placed up.

 

“D-dimension wave!” the conductor’s voice sounded while stuttering, “I-is there any high levels that can save us?”

 

 Mom let out a sigh, I watched as she stood up before heading out the door. 

 

“Auntie will be okay,” Little Fish came over before holding my hand. Nodding, I turned my view away from the door to look out the window.

 

The endless ‘wave’ had arrived at the train’s barrier now. It crashed into the barrier, causing it to blink and become slightly unstable, however it withstood it in the end.

 

As if water splashing onto the ground, the wave dispersed revealing what they were.

 

Countless dimension bugs, with 2 sickles for its arms, its exoskeleton opening up while a thin wing buzzed about.

 

The sight caused me to shiver while rubbing the goosebumps on my skin. 

 

Luckily before long, a familiar figure appeared at the perimeter of the barrier. No different from how I saw her everyday, she didn’t even use a spirit weapon.

 

She reached her hands forward, as flames shot out before turning into a sea of fire in the sky. It continued to spread, as if consuming the wave that appeared, forming a contrast of red silver and green.

 

“Why’s Mom fighting against the wave alone,” I pouted, she can’t be the only fighter on this train. 

 

However it seemed Mom could single handedly clear the wave that appeared. Her flames had already encroached upon the eye.

Just as everything seemed to be over soon, and the ‘eye’ was about to close, two giant claws reached out, as if attempting to tear the hole wider from the ‘otherside’. 

 

An ugly bald head stuck out, its circular mouth revealing rolls of sharp teeth, when a beam of light shot out towards Mom.

 

With a burst of flames, she shifted towards the side, causing the beam of light to shoot away off someplace we couldn’t see.

 

The head retreated before a gigantic hand suddenly appeared where Mom was located, as if attempting to catch something.

 

“Mom!” 

 

Luckily before long a figure reappeared, while the gate was beginning to close. The hand retreated when 3 more dimension monsters appeared, their size was just right for them to fit through.

 

They opened up their shells, releasing more waves of bugs that spread out in a radius around them. A part targeted our train, while a larger portion flew off towards somewhere else.

 

Mom also didn’t chase the ones that flew off, instead she continued to burn the wave in front of her as well as protecting the train’s barrier.

 

I don’t know how long passed, but the wave was finally burnt, the giant bugs that appeared at the end had flown off as if running away.

 

Mom also disappeared.

 

Seeing everything was finished, I let out a sigh of relief before sitting down next to Little Fish.

 

With a swish sound, the door opened and Mom returned. Getting up, I ran into her.

 

She patted my back as if to soothe me. For some reason, seeing something so large gave me a sense of fear. Before I had noticed, tears had rolled down my cheeks as I started to cry.

 

Since the dimension wave had ended, the train began to move again. For the remainder of the trip, aside from playing with Little Fish, and patience training, we didn’t bump into any more dimension monsters.

 

As the trains ran along, Little Fish would occasionally look out the window. Following her gaze, I would see space distort, signaling a dimension quake was happening. However no dimension monsters popped up.

 

The train would also stop, until the quake finished. 

 

***

 

2 days later, we successfully entered into Baiji City. Upon exiting the station, she disregarded the conductor and the staff who wanted to thank her and led us out before finding a hotel to stay.

 

It was a hotel with 2 beds.

 

“Do you two want to tour the city today?” Mom asked, it was currently mid afternoon.

 

“Not today… I’m tired from the train ride…” afterwards I let out a yawn, however before I could jump into the bed, Mom pulled the back of my collar.

 

“Take a bath first.” she pointed towards the bathroom.

 

“Hehe…” going over, I closed the door before taking off my clothes when I noticed a great problem.

 

The bath was there, however I didn’t know how to use it! 

 

Placing back on my clothes, I opened the door before asking mom for help.

 

“Stand under the shower and water will automatically come out. To adjust the temperature press here…,” after showing me everything she left and closed the door.

 

Taking off everything again, I entered the tub when the shower turned on automatically just as she said. Feeling it was a little too hot, I adjusted it to a colder temperature before enjoying myself.

 

When I finished, I left before drying and changing into a new set of clothing before exiting the bath while Little Fish went inside.

 

Going over, I found that Mom was currently looking at the tournament match tables.

 

Lily Vs Nayi

Olivia Vs Jake

Frank Vs Luna

Mojun Vs Rin

Mitra Vs Ming

 

It seems Big Brother passed safe and sound.

 

What if he got eliminated before we even saw him! Luckily he passed, or else mom would’ve flayed him, breathing a sigh of relief for Big Brother, I sent him a congratulation message, “Big Brother, good job on surviving~”

His first match would be held at the start of next week, which was another few days away. 

 

Perhaps Mom saw that I was pretty sleepy, as I felt a wave of dimension energy flashed by me.

 

“Go sleep,” she patted my head.

 

Nodding, I went to my bed before sinking inside the soft bedding. Before I noticed, I had dozed off into dreamland.

 

The next day, upon waking up, I found that Mom was already awake. As for Little Fish, she was curled up next to me. After doing a few light stretches, when Little Fish woke up, Mom led us towards the door. 

 

There was a menu there, Mom pressed on something before exiting the room. Along the way, an automaton passed us before entering our room, probably to tidy it up.

 

Upon heading downstairs to the lobby, we went to the dining hall. Seeing the rows of food, I took a plate before grabbing as much food as I could. Following Mom to sit in a seat on the side, the 3 of us began to eat. 

 

Upon finishing everything, Mom led us around the city.

 

Choosing a clothing store, we shopped for different sets of clothes, this time we didn’t buy oversized ones. Along the way, I also took out a sheep pajama for Little Fish when she passed me a pig one.

 

“...” I silently placed the sheep pajama back. I’m definitely not wearing the pig one!

 

We brought everything towards the counter where the shop keeper began to scan the items. Mom paid using her bracelet before storing everything away under the shop keeper’s widened eyes.

 

“....”

 

“Xi, sometimes it’s better to just be open about things.” Mom suddenly said while we were heading towards a restaurant, “if you’re sneaky about it, chances are they’ll think you’re weak and become targeted.”

 

Nodding, we entered into a restaurant nearby for lunch. 

 

Afterwards, for the next few days we spent our times touring the city as well as eating in different restaurants. 

 

Of course, when we get back every evening, Mom would proceed to spar with me. At first I thought it would’ve become easier since I digested an extra boar, however she had increased the strength correspondingly as well.

 

However, I did make progress, as I had been able to divert a little bit of her force which Mom told me was the hardest part.

 

***

 

“Isn’t Big Brother in trouble?” We had arrived early so that we could observe his other opponents. We were currently in the venue for the rounds, as they’re split into 40 groups. 

 

“Not necessarily,” Mom denied while sitting next to me.

 

On the stage in front of us was the mirror girl who was over level 40. Her opponent was someone who was wielding a greatsword with one hand and a short sword on her other.

 

“It’ll depend on her opponent's pride. If they don’t surrender, it’ll be a lot easier for Ming to advance.” afterwards Mom was about to send Big Brother a message, “don’t fight Lily. You won’t be able to win.”

 

Ahh! If that gets out, isn’t it just goading him to fight her?!

 

However, Mom ruthlessly pressed the button.

 

As for the match on the stage, in the end Nayi surrendered as soon as the match started.

 

10 minutes later, the next set of contestants entered. 

 

Olivia versus Jake.

 

After the referee announced their names, the girl with two daggers took a step before appearing behind Jake, who used a staff. He quickly twisted his torso to swing the staff backwards, however she ducked before a wound appeared on him.

 

She had slashed diagonally against his chest, ripping his shirt at the same time. He responded with a quick kick, however the girl easily evaded as more cuts appeared over his body, causing him to scream in pain...

 

“The referee isn’t stopping the match?” Watching those cuts appear over him looked painful. In fact he was grimacing right now while trying to fight back.

 

Mom shook her head, “unless it’s a life threatening moment, he won’t stop the match, even if they lose a limb.”

 

“...” is it really safe? Was what I wanted to ask. However I decided to remain silent and just watch the match.

 

Olivia went for an opening that Jake showed with a stab, when he suddenly reached his hand forward. With a splash of blood, the dagger stabbed into his palms, however he clenched his hands, catching Olivia in place.

 

With a roar, he sent a bash with his staff, this time, it landed squarely on her, sending her flying away when a dagger was suddenly sent flying his way. Right before it hit his face, it was deflected and sent veering off path..

 

“Match winner Olivia,” the referee announced.

 

Soon the 3 round started, Luna Vs Frank.

 

Frank carried a sword on him while Luna had 2 glove type spirit weapons. Upon starting, Frank charged at Luna who concentrated on dodging, she would occasionally throw punches, however they would easily be warded off.

 

The two continued their exchanges of attacking and dodging. Luna let out a yell before sending out a punch, causing a large clang sound. Frank had blocked her punch as he took a few steps backwards when he suddenly rotated before suddenly sending a roundhouse kick. She raised her guard, however a crack sound occurred as she bulleted away before rolling on the stage.

 

Upon getting up, her arm was twisted in a weird angle. Frank didn’t give her a chance as he took a step before appearing in front of her with a quick stab, ending the match.

 

The next match was Mojun vs Rin.

 

Rin was also a grappler type like Luna, however instead of gloves, he had shoes. As for Mojun, he used a fan weapon.

 

“...” A fan can also be a spirit weapon?

 

Upon starting, it was Rin who went forward, while all Mojun did was defend with his fan. As Rin was a lot faster, I could barely catch their movements. 

 

However it seemed Mojun was countering through gaps, as cuts had begun to appear on Rin’s body. While Mojun was completely unharmed.

 

Probably seeing the situation not going well, Rin retreated before the two stared at each other for a while causing the atmosphere to tense up. 

 

Eventually, it was Rin who reengaged, as he was currently at a disadvantage, however in the end, he wasn’t able to escape his loss.

 

It was finally Big Brother’s turn. He walked onto the stage with one sword, while his opponent carried a giant axe.

 

“Mitra Versus Ming,”

 

Along with the announcer, with a roar, Mitra charged before slamming his axe at his opponent,

 

Big Brother reversed the grip on his sword before using it to block his opponent’s strike. With a screeching sound, the axe slammed straight into the stage by the side. Without giving his opponent a chance, he slammed the pommel of the sword into his opponent’s solar plexus before retreating as fast as he could.

 

“Winner, Ming!” 

 

Wincing at the scene, I was about to place a hand over mine when Little Fish beat me to it.

 

“...” blushing, I removed her hand.

 

Big Brother had started to look around the stadium, upon spotting us, after seeing us wave at him, he happily left the stage.

15