24 – Misleading Title
328 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mom didn’t bicker with the referee, she turned towards Big Brother probably to find what his decision was. In the end he shook his head before leaving the stage, his back seemingly a little lonely.

 

Mom sighed before following him out.

 

“Let’s go,” Little Fish tugged on my shirt before standing up.

 

Nodding, I got up my seat before following her towards the exit. 

 

“Are we going to see them?” I was still a little confused on the sudden turn of events. Why did Big Brother pause on the stage?

 

Little FIsh shook her head.

 

“Let’s go back to the hotel.” Little Fish pulled my hands before leading me back. I silently followed while staring at her back and before I noticed we had already returned to the lobby of the hotel.

 

“Little Fish. do you know what happened?” Upon returning to the room of the hotel, I asked Little Fish while sitting next to her. She wrapped her hands around my waist before explaining.

 

“The referee used killing intent,” afterwards, that was it. Little Fish didn’t explain anymore. Instead I felt her hands run along my thighs.

 

“...” For some reason, I feel like Little Fish is getting a little rogue…. I grabbed her hands before pulling them off as I was starting to feel a little weird. Rubbing my thighs together, I tried to calm myself down.

 

However Little Fish’s other hand had started to touch my thigh, causing that feeling to return. The area between my legs had started to become wet again while my breathing grew rough.

 

Ahh! What is this?!

 

A part of me wanted her to stop, yet another part wanted to continue. Luckily right as her hands reached inside my shorts, the door opened causing her to retreat.

 

Mom came over to sit down on the bed beside ours when her cheeks became dyed red. Her gaze turned towards the area between my legs when her blush increased.

 

“Xi, go take a shower,”

 

Heating up, I got up before running towards the bathroom.

 

“Little Fish, I haven’t approved yet,” when I closed the door, I heard Mom’s voice. 

 

“...”

 

Taking off my clothes, I stepped into the area indicated on the tub causing the shower to automatically turn on, feeling it a little too hot as usual, I lowered the temperature.

 

The water impacted against my skin before running through my chest and legs, clearing off the fluid that had spilled out. 

 

Seeing everything cleaned, since I was already here, I stopped the drainage before filling the tub until it was full. Sitting inside, I started to calm down before thinking about the future.

 

“Xi, how long are you going to take?” Mom knocked on the door, waking me up from my thoughts.

 

“I’m done!” getting up, I dried myself before changing into a new set of clothing and exiting the bathroom. Mom was currently waiting for me outside the door with a wooden sword in her hand.

 

 “Come,”

 

Although I was a little reluctant to spar since I just took a bath, I took out a sword before charging at her.

 

She blocked before sending a simple counter slash. Knowing I can’t dodge, I parried before sending a strike back when a kick came my way. Lowering myself a bit, I blocked her leg by raising my hand before retreating to unload everything. 

 

Kicking the floor, I charged at Mom again, as if to throw away my worries away, I sent everything into my slash. 

 

Bang

 

“Good,” Mom had received my strike without moving, as if she were a mountain, however she praised me, causing me to heat up. With more vigor, I began to exert myself while she guarded and occasionally countered. Her spots were always tricky, and eventually I calmed down. 

 

While attacking, i would always hold some back, so that I could react to whatever she was throwing at me, whether it be a kick, a punch or a stab.

 

We continued to spar, I had forgotten my worries for the future, if only we were strong enough not to be a burden.

 

***

 

Time passed on, aside from Big Brother being disqualified, we continued to watch the tournament.

 

“Since we’re already here, let’s just continue,” was what Mom said. Unfortunately Big Brother wasn’t able to watch with us, as the seats were full.

 

In the end, the points ended up like this.

 

Ming - Disqualified

Frank  - 4

Rin  - 2

Jake  - 3

Luna - 3

Lily - 9

Olivia - 7

Mojun - Invalid

Mitra - 2

Nayi - 7

 

Nayi had lost to Olivia the following day Big Brother had been disqualified, so Olivia advanced ahead despite their points being tied.

 

As for Big Brother, we would visit him from time to time, and he seemed to be doing fine. In fact a little too fine. Hmph, is this what they call the protagonist always gaining stuff from setbacks? 

 

He was currently training along with both Alexis and Lily. However seeing that he was currently not feeling sad, I let out a sigh in relief.

 

Mom bought him an extra ticket to view the tournament with us.

 

During this time, Grandpa also sent us pictures of him and his friend from going towards the concert. There were shots of them surrounded by boys and girls a lot younger while waving glow sticks. 

 

I showed it to Mom, causing her to spit out whatever she was drinking on me.

 

“...” feeling a strange feeling, I silently went to the bathroom to take a shower before coming back out. The top 80s were held a week after, so that the contestants could recover.

 

After that, they would be holding the top 40, 20, 10, and 5, within the span of 4 weeks. 

 

***

 

1 week after the rounds ended, Little Fish didn’t advance probably because of Mom’s warning. 

 

Feeling my dimension energy in the symbol finished off, I took out a boar to absorb. Coincidentally Little Fish had gone off towards the bathroom at this time, removing my chance to tell her about my symbol.

 

Looking at my necklace, I had 1 boar left. 

 

I wanted to ask Mom to take me hunting, however I became hesitant. A part of me didn’t want to rely on her…. 

 

But in the end, what choice did I have. So I obediently went and told Mom I only had 1 boar left.

 

She nodded before taking me and Little Fish towards the outskirts of the base. Near here was a giant forest.

 

“Stick close to me, this place is a bit too dangerous,” she said before throwing a punch sideways.

 

A giant snake had appeared out of nowhere as its head exploded, its blood evaporating before it touched us. 

 

“...” patting my chest, I gripped Little Fish’s hand tighter.

 

“This snake is tiered 3, it’ll probably be enough to last you a while.” Mom pointed towards the snake.

 

Nodding, I went forward to the remains of the snake. I was shorter than its diameter, so I didn’t need to bend down before storing it.

 

However I secretly decided I should stop relying on Mom. I didn’t want my strength to end up as an empty rack in the future.

 

“Since we’re here, we’ll have you practice your detection skills.” Mom’s voice caused me to turn around.

 

“Mhm,” nodding, I went forward, “how will we practice it?”

 

“Simple, close your eyes, then have Little Fish drag you along.” while she said it, Little Fish had came forward before taking my hand

 

“...” I closed my eyes, this place was silent. There wasn’t even the sound of birds chirping. 

 

Suddenly, I heard the sound of crunching leaves, when Little Fish tugged my hand, I began to follow her. Slowly sound began to return, however there was too much information to process.

 

“Take it slowly,” Mom said towards me, “no need to rush.”

 

Nodding, we continued forward oh, we just did a turn followed by the sound of something coming over, along with the sound of something splattering. I was feeling curious, however I felt a soft hand cover over my eyes. 

 

“No cheating~”

 

“...” 

 

Vaguely, I began to make out the movements of different animals, bugs, and birds. I suddenly noticed I could detect stuff through scent as well, although it was a lot tougher. But combining them was effective. 

 

We continued along the place until I felt the atmosphere change somewhat. Feeling curious, I opened my eyes and found that we had left the forest.

 

“Do you want to return?”

 

I shook my head, eyeing the wide grasslands, I wanted to stay. Perhaps because I’ve grown up in the city, I desired this a lot more.

 

Dragging Little Fish along, I ran about happily, forgetting everything until the sky darkened.

 

“Let’s head back,” Mom looked at the sky before saying.

 

“Mhm!” 

 

1 week later, it was time for the tournament. Big Brother had joined us as we watched the top 80s. He sat next to Mom while Little Fish and me sat on her other side. We were currently watching Alexis’ match as she jabbed her opponent with her rapier while parrying.

 

Watching her spin about, I suddenly had an idea. However I had to wait until we got back to the hotel to try it out.

 

Her opponent wasn’t like the one we first saw her go against, where he couldn’t fight back. In fact they seemed evenly matched, however part way through my concentration shifted.

 

He would also parry and counter her jabs, to return with slashes and stabs. Their clothes were getting cut open as a result, causing my gaze to land on the places Alexis’ shirt was cut. Vaguely, I could see her skin and underwear….

 

Watching watching, suddenly I felt a hand cover my eyes.

 

“...” Pulling it down, I guiltily return back to watching their bouts. They were tiring out, and their speeds were dropping, signaling the climax of the match.

 

Her opponent probably wanted to retreat to recoup, however she didn’t relent and continued her assault, causing the match to tilt in her favor.

 

Caught downwind, he could only defend.

 

Along with the sound of metals, Alexis soon tired out her assault before retreating. His opponent taking the chance sent a quick stab, however she parried before rotating again, sending her own stab back as the referee stepped inside, resulting in the end of the match.

 

“Winner Alexis!”

 

We clapped before leaving the stadium, as for Big Brother he naturally returned to her side. While walking back I looked up at the sky.

 

“It seems like it's going to rain…” 

 

“Nn, hurry back,” Mom started to jog while we ran after her.

 

14