26 – Chaotic World
195 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, we made our way to the arena. Mom was silent.

 

Thump.

 

Feeling my heart beat faster, I jumped in front of her. “Mom!”

 

She paused before glancing at me. “What is it Xi?”

 

Seeing that her reaction was normal, I let out a sigh. Mom definitely didn’t hear. I shook my head and giggled, “hehe nothing.”

 

When I turned back around, I heard Mom’s voice.

 

“When we get back, we’re going to do more training.”

 

“Kay~”

 

Afterwards, we became silent again. Not because it was awkward, but because the atmosphere around us was solemn. 

 

The sky was cloudy, seeming like it would rain any second, and the place was heavily guarded, and only people with tickets were allowed to enter. It was a little saddening, in the end we weren’t able to watch the matches with Big Brother.

 

We made our way to the seats.

 

The contestants were held in a special area where they could watch the match for security reasons. 

 

I felt a little bored. Big Brother wasn’t participating, and if it weren’t for mom saying ‘since we’ve paid for the tickets let’s stay till the end,’ I would’ve wanted to stay in the hotel and train.

 

The first Match was Alexis’ Match, and in her usual flurry of jabs using her rapier, she even cornered her opponent.

 

While watching, I realized something. 

 

“Mom,”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Is there a way to strengthen my vision?” In a way, I felt a little unreconciled that I couldn’t catch up to what they were doing.

 

“You’ll have to keep training.” Mom patted my head. “Aren’t you already doing good? Besides, watching is different from actually being in a fight itself. You may not notice it, but you’re already doing pretty decently.”

 

Getting her praise, I happily nodded and turned my attention to the stage again. The next contestants were coming up.

 

It was Lily and another boy. 

 

According to the information, he was level 35. Unfortunately, against Lily who was over level 40, he probably wasn’t able to make it to the top 5.

 

Taking out his spirit weapon, he looked at Ria, his face filled with desperation and despair.

 

She said something to him, before kicking the ground, quickly appearing behind his back.

 

The boy turned around and blocked.

 

Bang

 

Along with a large sound, he widened his eyes as his sword hit the mirror, as a large counter force came out of it, blowing him away.

 

Rolling on the ground, he struggled to get up.

 

Lily sighed before appearing behind him. However the next scene caused me to widen my eyes, as a large tail lizard tail extended from behind him, stabbing at Lily, knocking her away.

 

The boy laughed maniacally, his eyes bloodshot when he took out a black box. After saying a few more things, he pressed the top of it and threw it into the air.

 

“Not go-”

 

Mom’s voice was cut off, as everything had turned silent again, followed by the familiar sound of a mirror shattering. 

 

“You dare!”

 

The next moment, along with the shout, a green claw had appeared out of nowhere along with an old man. However the claw only paused for a second before pushing downwards, causing a large crater.

 

Alarms began to ring amidst the shattering pieces of the dome mixed with rain water.

 

Boom. Explosions happened around the stadium, as gas began to cover the entire place.

 

“EKxcjvklry,” A voice sounded from behind the rift, as slits formed on its arms before opening up like eyes, however what was inside them were not eyeballs, and instead armies of bug dimension creatures. 

 

The guards and dimension fighters began to fend them off when another group appeared to intercept them. 

 

They didn’t have dimension weapons, instead they were filled with dimension beast parts. Some had gorilla arms while some had tails and wings.

 

“Humanity has erred, and we, the Empire of Dawn will bring everyone down the correct path.” A broadcast began to play in a loop.

 

Terrorists!

 

Along with screams, normal civilians began to run towards the exit, while those that could fight stayed.

 

“Mom!” 

 

She had grabbed both me and Little Fish and started to make our way towards the contestant area, the place where Big Brother was. 

 

“Little Fish, take care of Xi!” Mom shouted before kicking the ground as I felt the world spun. A man had appeared in front of us, her legs had kicked into his arms.

 

“Heh, a little too weak.” 

 

It was a total mess, I was suddenly flung away with Little Fish. Mom had materialized her spirit weapon, it was an entire suit of draconic armor, as she began to turn her full attention to the man in front of her.

 

“Run,” Little Fish grabbed my hand as we ran away from the arena.

 

“My child, my child!”

 

The scream of a woman caught my attention. One of the terrorists had grabbed a child and ran away, leaving the lady on the ground helpless.

 

“Hahaha Chance!” 

 

Boom. Little Fish was knocked away, and I was caught by the collar and flung high into the air.

 

“If you have someone to blame, then you can only blame yourself for being too weak.” 

 

A box had appeared that quickly dissolved, and everything turned silent again before everything turned dark.

 

6