27 – Otherside
200 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 2 - Dream of Pisces

 

***

 

When I came to, I found that I was in a large white plane along with white dots that fell down like snow. The sky was filled with stormy clouds, looking like it was going to rain.

 

Where am I?

 

The underworld?

 

When I tried to get up, I realized I wasn’t able to move. A huge amount of pain wracked my body, causing me to cough out of a clot of blood.

 

I widened my eyes in fear before entering into my spirit space.

 

The symbol was currently releasing energies in both silver and red, with a majority red. The dimension energy stored inside was rapidly depleting. 

 

“Mom, Big Brother, Lit-, no Twelve, Grandpa, Dad, even today, Xi has survived a dimension quake, please don’t let anything eat me....” Closing my eyes, I prayed to the people close to me.

 

Twelve was Little Fish’s real name. I had been avoiding using her name so I wouldn’t say it by accident, but I probably couldn’t continue to call her Little Fish forever.

 

“If anything happens to you, I swear I’ll cut that woman into a thousand pieces before feeding it to dimension chickens…” if she was safe, then I’ll convince Mom.

 

Speaking of Mom, I hoped she and Big Brother was safe as well.

***

 

When both the red and silver energy had depleted, I was finally able to move, although I was still sore. Sitting up, I patted off the gray fluffs that were on me.

 

My clothes were in tatters. I sighed and blushed. Fortunately they still covered my important areas and the dimension necklace was still there. 

 

Aside from these, my terminal bracelet was still intact. Only, functions like making calls or connecting to the network weren’t working. I was still able to view stuff like the files Mom had sent me.

Placing a hand over the necklace, I took out the snake that Mom had hunted for me and began to absorb a part of it. Feeling a lot better, I stored back the snake and  stretched before making my way downwards

 

My current location seemed to be on the side of a mountain, and from here, I was able to see a large city with a strange design. 

 

For example, it lacked a circular wall that blocked everything, separating inner from outer. 

When I had reached the bottom, it had also stopped snowing gray fluff.

 

“It’s empty?...” 

 

The place was filled with stone statues of people and flora. Some looked human while others had scales and horns, similar to the dimension monster that appeared in the grocery.

 

Parts of them were buried inside the ground, along with the stone trees. Not only this, but the buildings seemed to have sunk into the ground as well.

 

The more I walked, the scarier it seemed. The statues were a little too life-like….

 

I broke into a run before arriving at a building that was taller than the others. The place where the door was supposed to be was gone.

 

I closed my eyes and tried to sense if there was anyone or anything inside, however aside from the howling of the wind, there was nothing.

 

I walked inside. Perhaps due to there being an opening, a small ramp had formed,

 

The place was similar to a mall, as there were multi floors, along the side while shops were inlaid to the side. In the middle was a large plaza with a glass ceiling.

 

Similar to outside, there were Statues here and there, however they weren’t buried on the ground. And the place seemed to appear looted as well.

 

“...”

 

This place wasn’t safe… These statues caused me to feel a crisis. Anywhere with them was no good!

 

Running out of the mall, I went to a nearby house. 

 

Using a sword, I pried open the door and ran inside before closing it. The entire place was dark. I gulped and began to make my way forward. The house was empty, without any statues, causing me to sigh in relief. 

 

The furniture was also lined by the sides, and whenever there was a window, there would always be a wooden board or something blocking it.

 

“...”

 

I went and sat down on a chair and crossed my arms and closed my eyes. It was a lie to say I wasn’t nervous, however it was useless.

 

I was most likely sent somewhere, for now, since it's on the other side of the dimension quake, I’ll just name this place the ‘Otherside.’

For now, I probably wouldn’t starve to death… Since I had the dimension snake in my storage. Although I would probably have to suffer from hunger….

 

“I’ll just hide here for now….”

 

I decided, first I’ll find out what was going on, then I’ll have to find a way to go back….

 

Getting up, I searched through my bracelet for a change of clothes and changed out of the rags before taking a chair and going to the entrance. Afterwards, I closed the door and placed a chair over it.

 

Feeling everything blocked off, I felt a little more secure.

***

 

A few days later, while sitting on the chair, I stared at my symbol. It was no longer exchanging energies with me, and instead released a silver stream that nourished me.

 

I had no choice but to meditate in order to battle the passage of time. As for going out and exploring, without finding the cause of the stone statues, I was a little afraid to. So for now, I decided to hole up inside this place.

 

Boom!

 

The sudden explosion from outside caused me to be startled awake, along with the sound of heavy rain and wind rattling the window.

 

I placed a hand on my chest, when another rumbling sound occurred followed by an explosion, causing me to jump. 

 

I covered my ears and moved over to the window, afterwards, I waited for another explosion sound before moving the shelf that was blocking a window.

 

As I thought, it was raining outside, with purple snakes of electricity swimming inside the black clouds.

 

Quickly moving the furniture to cover the window again. Seeing that it was just a giant thunderstorm, I let out a sigh in relief.

 

Boom!

 

It’s only a thunderstorm….

 

“It isn’t like I’m afraid of thunder….” 

 

I covered my ears and tried to enter into a meditative state, however the sound of thunder would always shock me out of it.

 

“Mom, why did you have to set up so many flags,” I felt tears well up in the corner of my eyes.

8