Chapter 9 – The end of a path
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a very common and very accurate saying among people, everything that begins has an end, like those hours of the day that are about to end to make way for the night, called hours of twilight. Hours like these spent on the 24th day of month 5 of the 1312 calendar are those that Refnier is currently spending on a Sunday like any other while walking the streets of the city.
[This is my second date with Sofia I am excited, calm, calm, walk with nobility and naturalness, ahh I hope not to arrive very early what a serious pity, you must manage my time, maybe this time the 2 of us will kiss ... hehe].
This and other things was thinking to be excited, or contrary to what was shown on her cold face.
[Well it seems like here, the restaurant the thousand flavors.]
reasoned Refnier when he was in front of a large luxurious restaurant, and then entered it, inside he was received by a receptionist who, after validating it, called a waitress who guided him to his reservation in a large room at the back with nature to be more discreet and relaxed.
Crossing the great threshold into the room, Refnier, guided by the innkeeper, settled at a table in the middle, which was the only one empty in the room.
"Well, here is your nobility, if you wish I can bring you water while you wait" offered the innkeeper
"Yes please"
Moments later the innkeeper leaned down and left the room, leaving Refnier alone with his thoughts as he waited for Sofia.
After half an hour had passed, entering the threshold, Sofia herself appeared dressed in a beautiful light blue dress, which her beautiful presence was captured by the lover Refnier who unconsciously smiled while blushing, nevertheless, this smile only lasted a few moments since Behind Sofia appeared a refined and young twenty-year-old gentleman in white armor with delicate golden ornaments, who added to the intricate crest of his chest, Refnier could identify him as a paladin of the church, a character whose father always warned him not to get involved with them because of their attribute.
[¿What is a paladin doing here?]
It was the quickest thought that arose due to his concerns, but these increased when he followed Sofia to him.
"¿What is it?, ¿Why is he following Sofia?"
She kept thinking similar things at high speeds and all of this lasted a few seconds until they both reached a few steps from their table and Refnier could only answer by getting up and asking Sofia.
"Nice to see you Sofia, ¿may I ask?" ¿Who is honorable ....?
But this greeting was interrupted by the paladin, who replied in a rude and superior manner as if looking at an infectious rat.
"Silence, the scum of evil, your voice corrupts the environment, I will tell you at once, I am Rouguer Alfer Paladin of the Holy Church, you have been judged as a heretic for the practice of necromancy and dark magic, and I have come to take you to the holy see to receive your sentence."
At the paladin's words, he was frightened but still maintained his composure and replied.
"Honorable Paladin, I think you make a mistake, I am not a black magician nor have practiced any heretical art, this must be a mistake."
"Ahh your hypocritical words, my ears are repugnant, as you dare to antagonize a holy agent of the church, but in my immaculate grace and mercy, I will please you by showing you the proof of your evil, and that the holy gods know that my patience towards you It is because, unlike beings like you, our teaching dictates that we must respect the rights of our fellow men, now Brother Bastian brings proof of his filth."
At the paladin's command, from outside the threshold appeared a knight in silver armor slightly inferior in elegance to the paladin's and whose crest on his chest was different, Carrying a box in his arms.
[Now a temple knight, ¿but what is he wearing? ...¡It can't be! ¿How?] Refnier paled when he saw his friend Lif's coffin and what this implied.
"Oh it seems that you recognize it, so I'll be brief, we found this in your room, as well as visual witnesses of the practice of your hexes" he finished saying while pointing at Sofia who was effectively noticed by Refnier who began to deny the worst and out of unconsciousness and logic ask him.
"Oh, it seems that you recognize it, so I'll be brief, we found this in your room, as well as visual witnesses to the practice of your hexes," he finished saying while pointing at Sofia, who was effectively noticed by Refnier who began to deny worse and for unconsciousness and logic ask him.
"¿Sofia...?"
Who answered him, coldly as if looking like a stranger.
"Ufff, stop calling me familiarly, grotesque, I'm sick of it."
"Sofia, ¿what do you say?
"Don't call me that, your disgusting hypocritical monster, spawn of evil, uff I suppose I'll explain it to you so you understand, you disgust me and I hate you, you don't know how horrible I felt knowing that I was promised such a thing."
At these words, Refnier's mind fell into despair and he could only react by asking for any hope or reason.
"But I thought you got over it, plus you would have said something you felt rotten about solving it."
"¿How I could ?, Your house is higher than mine and even when I begged my parents they would scold me, saying that I had to put up with the family and that if I am not I would have to be my little sister, then how I could refuse, all this time, I was holding on, thinking about how to get out of this, until I discovered that classmate Vicrel Alfen had a brother who is a paladin, so I got a deal with him, that if he helped me in something I would be his wife,¿you understand?"
Listening to the explanation, Refnier's mind fell into chaos and despair, trying to deny the explanation, seeking hope, given the facts that since the incident she never wanted him, she betrayed him and not only that, now she was going to marry someone who was not him.
"Sofia tells me it's not true, please tell me this is another one of your bad jokes."
"Refnier, I'm telling you seriously, don't call me with familiarity, I hate you, I detest you and I don't want to have anything to do with you, I'm only here for the pleasure of seeing how you are finally brought to justice, Honorable Alfen, I'm sorry, by interrupting your work, you can continue."
Ignoring Rafnier in shock, the paladin replied to Sofia with familiarity.
"You don't have to be so polite since we are going to be family and don't worry about your actions, you only did the right thing by explaining with humanity the sufferings that you suffered for him and his sins, it is more than he deserved, well without deviate from the subject, it is time that we learn it, Refnier does not put up resistance or it will be worse for you."
finish explaining the paladin while look at Refnier pending his answer who was mired in the darkness of the facts and the multiple negative feelings that made him turn in a whirlwind of great hatred and sadness, taking him to the brink of madness and savagery only controlled by his fragrant sanity, and it was only, ironically, his father's words that resonated in his mind that brought clarity to the moment.
['Son, I keep repeating it to you so that you don't forget, your magic is frowned upon and influences your feelings, don't let it dominate you and become what you hate.' ]
Then emptying his mind of insane and negative thoughts, in preparation for the end, he said to Sofia.
"You know Sofia since I was little you like me, and this was increasing when I was growing up and I feel terrible about the incident but there was no other way to save you, I want you to know that I didn't want to hurt or dislike you, so tell me, from the incident, ¿do you really hate me and isn't this one of your jokes?
At these last words, Sofia only replied as if she were looking at a hateful plague.
"I already told you not to call me familiarly, and yes, I hate you, this is the reality."
Refnier upon hearing these words, his mind and heart collapsed at this regret, causing the smooth flow of great tears of agonizing pain and despair, through the soft skin of a silent and sad face, and, in the midst of the darkness of madness and pain, maintaining cold and delicate rationality, began to release its mana explosively.
"Quick, go for him, don't let him use magic," the paladin shouted, jumping back as a precaution.
And at his orders, the people at the tables around him, who until now seemed to melt into ignorance of events, rose to him as a whole, taking out their weapons and then heading to Refnier, but it was too late, since he embedded his mana in the Dirt beyond the wood of the restaurant floor, then ripped it up with such fury that it covered the entire place with dust and debris as well as hitting several aggressors, during and shortly after the earth explosion.
After a few seconds of the explosion, the paladin, now no longer covering Sofia, could finally see the damage caused and start looking for Refnier, but with misfortune, he could not find him.
"Damn, he ran away, brothers in a hurry, ¡he couldn't go far! We also have her precious box."
But the paladin, looking for the temple knight, found him unconscious and without the coffin, causing him intense hatred.

0