Chapter 10 – Family
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The family is always with you, the family helps each other, the family is the only one you can trust, phrases like these and others, are used throughout the ages, in families, and, in many cases, tends to be true, and this certainty is what now depends on the devastated Refnier, with a broken spirit, on the verge of madness, all emaciated, with some wounds from the multiple persecutions through various territories, until reaching the door that leads to the grounds of his family's mansion.

"I am Refnier Domiteer, may I come in?" Refnier asked the guards who were guarding the posts.

"Oh Refnier, your father predicted you would come, so go ahead and pass."

Refnier was surprised by the ease of entering taking into account the events that occurred, but being tired and fed up with life, with a hurt spirit and accepting everything bad, he entered his house after a few years

Fast forward now, Refnier is still in poor condition in the meeting room of his house, waiting for his parents, who soon after sitting down, appeared without saying anything, sitting next on the sofa in front of Refnier.

"Son" his father began the conversation "you have disappointed me."

“¿Father?” Asked Refnier, who thought in his mind.

[So he already knows it ... but why isn't he angry? If not ..., just disappointed ...]

"Silence let me speak, all these years and you still ¿don't know manners? Anyway, I'm sick of getting angry, listen, you've spoiled everything, in the end you turned out, after all our efforts to raise you as the future boss of the family, a stupid and useless son without any salvation, for that reason, from now on you are no longer our son, and I exile you from these lands, I hope that whoever you pray to, take pity on you ,because, our piety It is only enough to just let you leave here as long as those of the inquisition do not come."

"Father? Can't it be true, no? Besides, I'm not your only son, and that for your honor you wouldn't look for another."

Refnier asked in despair, who even if the relationship between him and his father was not friendly, at least he knew that they were watching him, so this action began to firmly tear his moral foundations from what he learned in this family as well as the meaning itself.

"It's true, and on the heir, with all the shame I bring with it, I will adopt one of your uncle Fermin's sons."

"But, but, we are family, ¿right?"

"¿Family? We stopped being that, contrary to everything ¡I told you! You trusted that bitch from Sofia, and in return, she betrayed you, and last but not least you gave her the most reliable dagger for that."

I finish saying while pointing to the box next to Refnier, then continue

"Yes, I know, I know what you have there, everyone knows that, unfortunately, even keeping that, I really don't want to know if you did necromancy or not, that doesn't matter at this point, now you can go."

"But father, no, please"

"That you go."

"Father, please, I'm your son, mother say something."

Finally, Refnier asked his mother for mercy, who until now remained silent, who simply looked away sadly, causing Refnier to collapse his sadness at the abandonment of his parents, producing tears of sadness.

"Father mother, ¿why?, ¿Why don't you love me? ¿Why do you do this to me? We are family."

"We are nobles and family, and you have disappointed them both," his father replied.

"I, I, I'm sorry."

"Your apologies are no longer worth anything,

"What can I do to forgive them," begged Refnier

"Nothing, just leave."

Then Refnier, on the verge of the dark acceptance of sadness and extreme emptiness, asked one last thing

"At least tell me, do you still love me?"

"How could I," replied his father.

"I never wanted to have you," his mother replied.

And receiving those words, falling into an abyss of loneliness and sadness, with tears in his eyes and an empty look, he stood up, said goodbye to his parents, and left his now old residence to undertake a journey to the unknown, but nevertheless, as a light that illuminates the end of the tunnel, came to his already unfortunate mind, the memory, the knowledge, of the existence of another member of the family, that if he loved him for sure, his always good uncle Fermin.

So with his last chosen stronghold and hope, step by step leaving the territory he went in search of the ever-traveling and mercenary, Fermin Arkas Domiteer Colosses.

Fortune and coincidence, meanings that often when they go hand in hand, bring happiness and joy, to those who receive it, such as the case of Refnier that her great search ended, only when she reached the 3rd town I visit.

It was in such a way that while he was eating in a seedy bar, a silent hand rested on his shoulder, causing him to turn alert asking in his mind [¿who is he?], But seeing better the culprit he could only express with happiness drowning all the evils that haunted him.

"¡Uncle Fermin !, it's you."

"Of course, if someone else, if not me," his uncle answered cheerfully as always.

"What happiness, to have found you, I have been looking for you."

"What a coincidence, me too, after knowing what happened to you, I left everything to look for you, but see that we follow the conversation elsewhere, more discreetly."

"Agree."

And just as uncle and nephew squared off, they discreetly left the place, and in silence without saying anything, they ended up in a room in some inn, where their conversation would begin.

"Well I begin, obviously I know that you are innocent, I just want to ask one thing, how is it that they say that you are a necromancer, I mean, you have the dark attribute, it is even good, but with that, they don't prosecute you, but ¿necromancer?

Before the soft questioning of his uncle, Refnier feeling safe explained.

"You see ... do you remember Lif?"

"Of course, like forgetting him, I keep saying that your father is a jerk for doing that to poor Lif, well continue."

"What happens is that ... I really couldn't let him go ..."

"Don't tell me you really are," said his uncle, concerned.

"Ah no, it's not that, just ummm, I don't know how to explain it, I ..., I didn't want to bury it, detach myself from it, so I kept his remains just to keep him close, look, I even carry him with me " he finished pointing at Lif's coffin that he left on the floor, and feeling relieved after telling his secret to someone he trusted.

"You have to see ..., I don't know what to say about this, but really tell me you only carry it and don't you give it anything weird?"

"I .., I .."

"Refnier, tell me the truth."

"Well .. I'm only talking to him, I'm sorry ..."

Hearing the answer, Fermin felt sorry for the boy and calmed him down by saying.

"Don't feel it, it's all your father's fault for taking you to this, look, I see him as a child who still sleeps with his teddy jajaja."

"¡Uncle!."

"Jajaja, good to see you happy, well, well, let's continue talking, since this is really serious, and we have to plan how to get out of this."

And just as Fermin said they both spent the day planning what they were going to do, beginning for both weeks of stealth and persecution, but for Refnier these weeks would also be the happiest and most exciting he had ever had, since although they were in In constant danger, he could finally express himself with confidence and freedom, in addition to being with the only person he had left and who loved him. But nothing lasts forever.

Weeks after the happy meeting, both stopped in the afternoon, in front of an abandoned cabin in the middle of a dark forest.

"Well, Refni, we have arrived, this is a refuge that I discovered in my adventures, here we can stay a few days, before leaving, by these borders."

"Wow, uncle, with this there would be 5 bases that you have, ¿but is it okay that we cross here ?, according to what is beyond this forest, lies the fearsome forest of death and another reason is that since I am being persecuted as a necromancer, this would be one of the first places to protect."

"Calm Refni, although it is certainly dangerous, I know a route through the forest that can help us, just be confident, everything will be fine, well let's hurry, as you say, they can search these sides."

"Agree."

Agreeing with Fermin, Refnier calmly continued to the cabin, but, taking 2 steps into the darkness within, Refnier briefly felt a pain in his neck before passing out.

"Then you accept or not the 500 agreed."

"Oh come on, you can't upload him anymore, you don't know how rare the dark attributes are, you're not ashamed to swindle me so vilely."

"Sir, it is also a risk for me to be here."

"But let's just go up to 600 ..."

Murmurs were heard softly, in Refnier who was slowly regaining consciousness and began to see the situation.

[¿Where am I? ¿What happened? ¿Why am I tied?, my mana, ¿why can't I use it?] Refnier asked himself, starting to look around, noticing that it was night, he was in a forest, and which had its arms and feet tied.

"Hey, it seems he woke up sir," said a hooded man to his client

"What's going on here, who are you, man? Tell me what's going on, ¿why am I here?" Asked Refnier, even with a half-clouded conscience.

"Ahh that annoyance, it's going to wait, then he starts screaming a lot," said his uncle to the hooded man, then headed to Refnier.

"Don't hurt it, the price goes down," warned the hooded man.

"¿Uncle?" I question his uncle suspiciously.

"Wait, ¿what are you doing? Uncle, what's up!"

but his uncle ignored him, and in turn, ripped off Refnier's sleeve and tied it in his mouth, in such a way that his screams could not be heard loudly and when he finished his work he told his nephew.

"Well, what happens is that, I'm selling you."

"Ummmmm ??? !!!" Refnier tried to scream, starting to get more desperate, wishing it was a bad joke.

"If you see, it is that I have some debts and the dark magicians are a very expensive asset."

Continued screaming Refnier increasingly distressed and devastated.

"Yeah, now, don't get like this, I know you're angry that I betrayed you and such, but, don't bother, you just pretended you never had a good uncle and it passes quickly."

Refnier's world was beginning to collapse part by part.

"Well, I have to go, this guy is a stingy, at least, the men I sent for you many years ago, although they were a disaster, they charged cheaply."

'the men I sent for you many years ago' that phrase that entered his brain led him to the cruel discovery that that incident at the festival, that incident that changed his life for the worse, was the work of his uncle, knocking down the last bastion Refnier's sanity.

Then denying and crying, denying and crying, Refnier saw helpless for something that prevented him from using mana, his uncle happily arguing about its sale, falling in the background to a whirlwind of irrationality composed more than anything, hatred of life itself, and sadness for his misfortune.

"Well you win 515 then, you really are good, but hey what do you think about this box with a skeleton of a baby wyver" said his uncle while pointing to the coffin

"Do you have dark magic or something?"

"Not at all, but ...

"Then I'm not interested."

"Ahh that hurts, well I suppose I will throw it somewhere."

Lifnerion his faithful pet and friend, the one who was always with him, the one who always wanted him and now the only being, or rather the last vestige of the only being who wanted him, they were going to throw away like any garbage, and for the man who was once her kind uncle but was now selling him like a pig.

"No. no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't throw it away, no, no, no, don't throw it away, throw it away, no, no, no ".

Refnier thought struggled and shouted at Lif's treatment, losing himself, in hatred losing all his sanity, exploiting in the process all the mana within him.

0