Hypoxia
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hex sat in the interrogation room in the police station.

“I didn’t kill her, it wasn’t me, I... Had nothing on me that could... Do something like that,” Hex said, his head lowered.

“Then how was she, as you said, reduced to ash?” the cop asked.

“I… Don’t know, it just happened.” He shook his head, he would be branded an insane person if he told the cop the real story. He felt the lump in his throat get bigger, and it became harder for him to breathe. He usually was the kind of guy who bottled up his emotions and masked his almost crippling depression and nagging anxiety, but it was all threatening to spill over.

“So you’re saying that she just turned to ash like that?” The cop snapped his fingers.

“Yes, I don’t care if you... Believe me, that’s what happened,” He was lying, he wanted the cop to buy his lies so he could bide his time enough to kill Elaine for what she did.

“Was there anyone else there?” the cop asked.

“No... There was nobody.” that was another lie

“Are you trying to cover for someone?” the cop pushed further.

“No, of course not, I want to find out what happened.” He looked up at the cop.

“Then why does it seem to me like you are hiding something?” the cop questioned.

“I’m not hiding anything, that’s what happened, she just… turned to ash in front of me, why… Why don’t you believe me?” he questioned back.

“Because I’ve never heard of a spontaneous combustion that didn’t leave bones behind.” The cop slammed his hands onto the table.

“I don’t… Know how there weren’t any bones, I only know what I saw,” he said.

“It just doesn’t fit, I don’t know why you’re so adamant about keeping quiet, it’s like you don’t want to find out what really happened.” The cop tried to make Hex feel guilty

“I’m not… Keeping quiet, I swear.” He didn’t know how to tell the cop the truth, so he continued to lie.

“Alright, you’re free to go, for now.” The cop walked him out.

“Are you gonna be okay?” Owen asked him as he walked up to him.

“No, she’s gone man, she’s gone,” he said, his voice wobbling.

“I know, I’m so sorry.” Owen hugged him.

They went home in silence, and all he could think about was Din and revenge against Elaine, he went straight to his room afterwards, and laid in his bed for the rest of the night. He was in between fits of crying and screaming into his pillow, he hated Elaine for what she had done, she had taken everything from him. He was truly alone at that moment, and no one could touch him.

0