Revenge of the Demon Hunters
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elaine was at a Demon Hunter building with Adam, trying to liberate Lyserge from the Demon Hunter scourge. She was in the middle of a group of them. They thought they had her surrounded, but she dissolved into a murder of crows. The crows flew around, and she would remake her form just enough to stab and slash at the Demon Hunters. They didn’t call her Maiden of the Crows for nothing.

After killing the entire group of Demon Hunters, she re materialized, she noticed that Adam was missing.

“Adam?” She looked around, but couldn’t find him anywhere.

She walked up to one of her Macabre Hearse subordinates.

“Hey, have you seen Adam around here?” she asked.

“No, I haven’t seen him.” The Macabre Hearse member shook their head.

She ran into room after room, asking multiple members of her vigilante group if they had seen Adam in the process, but only one knew where he was.

“I saw him fighting upstairs, but there were so many of them that I had to go down a floor to get better footing,” a member said.

“Kalan, come!” she shouted, and a black summoning circle appeared in front of her.

Kalan rose from the summoning circle in his human form, brandishing his large blade.

“Yes, my lady?” he asked as he bowed, his face expressionless as always.

“Help me retrieve Adam, he is upstairs.” She pointed up to the ceiling.

“Right away, lady Elaine.” Kalan walked around her and walked upstairs.

She followed him up. There were scores of Demon Hunters upstairs in a large group. She could see the yellow blood running through their veins. She dissolved into crows again, and started to slice and stab at the group. Kalan went up to the group, and with one swift movement, cut through a swathe of the group. He swung his blade like it was nothing, or that it wasn’t a heavy hunk of sharpened metal.

She still could not see Adam, even when she was in the air, there were too many Demon Hunters in the way, they blocked her vision. There was an empty pocket in the back left corner, she thought that Adam could be there.

“Kalan, the back left corner, make a path for me!” It was too dangerous to just fly over, especially since her crows were getting shot left and right.

“Very well.” Kalan’s body morphed, and he grew wings. He became covered in feathers, and a beak emerged. She knew his powers, that was him morphing into a werecrow. His feet became crow-like as well, with talons at the end. His hands were not the same, just human hands covered with feathers and with claws at the end.

He made a loud cawing noise, and his blade glowed red. He prepared to strike, and got close enough to cut through. He made one large swipe with his sword, and an ocean of gore spilled forth. The blade cut into even Demon Hunters the blade itself could not reach.

She flew to where she thought Adam was, over the sea of carnage below. She saw Adam lying there with a gunshot wound to his belly. She re-materialized and went to him.

“Adam! What happened?!” She cried. She tried to heal him, but it was no use, the bullet that made the wound was special, her magic was useless.

“You found him?” Kalan used telepathy, since he could not talk in his werecrow form.

“We need to get him out of here, he’s dying! Adam, can you hear me?!” She shook him, but no response, his eyes were blankly staring off into another direction.

“I will keep the path clear for you,” Kalan said, warding off any Demon Hunters that got close.

She dragged him down a floor, she knew Adam was in shock, a trail of blood followed them as she dragged him. She got to one of her subordinates.

“He’s dying, and my healing magic isn’t working, we need a medic immediately!” she shouted.

Macabre Hearse did have medics, but they were all on the bottom floor. She couldn’t move him any further all she could do was put pressure on the wound. She waited for the medic to come, but before they could, Adam stopped breathing.

“Oh god, oh please, don’t die on me Adam.” She took one of her hands off the wound and cradled him.

But it was too late, as soon as the medic got there, he pronounced Adam dead. She was filled with grief, and had to be torn from Adam’s body when they tried to retrieve him. She looked at her bloody hands, and cried. She was escorted home by Kalan, and as soon as she was led to her room she locked the door and refused to come out.

0