In Flight
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elaine and Damon had been talking for a while. She felt he had a magnetic personality. She brought him out to the park where she would normally feed crows, but she didn't bring any feed that time. She showed him all her crow friends.

“Each one has a name, it took me years to memorize them all,” she said as she gestured towards all the crows.

“Wow, there's so many, they're everywhere,” he whispered, eyes full of wonder.

“Do you like birds, then?” she asked with a smile.

“I love birds, crows are my favorite actually, they're so smart,” he said and smiled back.

“Ah, I see we have more in common then.” She raised her hand and Kalan flew to her. Kalan rested on the back of her hand.

“So that's... Kalan, right? Your second in command?” He pointed to Kalan.

“Yes, that's right, you have a good memory.” She nodded.

“I've never seen a crow demon before, but then again, I've never been to this park before,” he said.

“Kalan usually hangs around here now, but he used to hang around the small forest near the clock tower before he met me,” she said.

“Would you like to see something amazing?” She lowered her hand and Kalan flew back to the Gothic fence in the back of the small park.

“Sure, what is it?” he asked.

She brought out her wings from her back. She saw his eyes light up in wonder.

“You have wings too?” he asked.

“I am an Angel of Acid, my power is black magic, and my additional ability is the ability to control crows.” She curtsied.

“That's amazing, why are you showing me this though?” he questioned further.

“Hold onto my back, we're going for a ride.” She turned around and pointed at her back.

“Are you sure you can carry me?” He asked.

“I'm sure, I may be small but I'm strong,” she said.

He wrapped his arms around her collar bone, and she took off into the sky. She flew towards the old clock tower. She felt his head shift around as it was pressed up against her neck.

“I've never seen anything so beautiful, look at that sunset,” he said

She turned to the left, where she knew he was looking, and saw the sun that was going down over Lyserge. It was like he said, it was beautiful, but she wanted to show him something else. She flew higher and higher, until they could see all of Lyserge.

“I've never seen Lyserge from this far up,” he said.

“You'd only get this view from a mining spaceship, and even then, not for long,” she said.

“I wish I could see the sunset like this past all the tall buildings.” he sighed.

“Whenever you want to see the sunset like this again, let me know, alright?” she asked.

“I will,” he said with a nod.

She flew back down quite a ways, so close that they were a few feet from the roofs of the large office buildings that lined the floating city. She made a cawing sound, exactly like a crow's, and almost instantly a murder of crows appeared below them. She stopped, and raised her hand. The crows started to fly in a circle around the two. She continued to fly back to the park, and had the crows surround her in flight.

“How do you make them do that?” he asked.

“It's inherent to me, I feel I truly belong with them, sometimes I think I'm half crow. They don't call me Maiden of the Crows for nothing.” She laughed.

“It's an apt title,” he replied.

She flew back to the park, and landed her feet onto the ground, her back toe scraped the ground as she slowed to a stop. The crows went to land back onto the tree they were on.

“So all of those crows were the ones on the tree before?” he asked.

“I simply teleported them to us, only for a little while,” she said.

“Why did you show me all this? Is it to show you trust me?” he questioned further.

“I want to ask you something too,” she said.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Do you like me? I mean... Romantically?” she asked.

“Why are you asking me that?” he asked.

“I saw the way you looked at me when you were at my office, the eyes are the windows to the soul, and I could see yours perfectly. I know what a look of love looks like,” she said.

“I guess the jig is up, then.” He lowered his head.

“Oh please, I'm interested in you too, if I wasn't, I wouldn't have shown you all that.” She shook her head.

“You mean... You like me like that too?”

“Of course,” she said.

They talked a bit more about their feelings for each other, and went back to Macabre Hearse, hand in hand.

0