Shield
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month later, Elaine and Damon were walking through the city.

“I just don't like having to fight for my life all the time, you know? I want a world where I don't have to constantly fight for survival, we should be past that by now as a species,” Damon articulated.

“I know, but people who think different will always fight. I'm thinking of channeling it into one versus one on video games to solve problems instead of big red buttons and nukes, at least if I get to where I want to be, the sole leader of this floating hunk of dirt and metal,” she said.

A yellow vein glistened in the neck of a man in the distance, she was being followed.

“We need to get out of here, now.” She turned around, but there was an entire group of them.

One of them pulled a gun, a gun of a very specific color. It was white, and she knew what that meant. They were out to kill her, her type of magic couldn't handle holy bullets, she would have to use her lesser learned Zoriyan magic to shield herself. She put up said shield, the dark purple sigils encased the two.

She heard the gun fire, but didn't hear it bounce off the shield. She jumped in front of Damon without thinking, and the next thing she knew, the bullet's sting hit her a few inches under her left breast, still in the rib cage area. There was a second blast, and it hit her under her rib cage to the left.

She fell to the ground. She was worried, did Damon get hit? She didn't feel the bullets go through, but she was worried that they did.

“Elaine!” Damon shouted and bolted to her side. He picked her up and cradled her in his arms.

“You... Aren't hurt?” she said in between gasps.

“No, I'm fine. Are you gonna make it?” Damon asked, tears pooling under his eyes.

She took her hand and dug into the lower bullet hole.

“What? Why are you doing that? You're hurting yourself!” Damon said.

She yanked out the bullet, and her eyes went wide as she saw it. It was black, it must have been of the same substance that almost killed her mother.

“Black Hole... Bullets? No, it can't be...” She let go of the bullet and let it drop onto the ground.

“We're done here,” one of the Demon Hunter's said, and they all dispersed.

“I'll call an ambulance,” Damon said as he got out his phone.

“No, it's much too late for that, my mother had to be quite powerful to withstand even one stab from the sword these bullets are made of. I'm not as strong as her, it's much too late for me now,” She thought of Hex in her moment of hopelessness, how she would never be able to win him back.

“No, there still has to be something I can do, please, you have to stay with me!” Damon shook her slightly.

“I'm so sorry,” she said, the strength leaving her body as she bled out.

She could hear Damon talking and calling her name, and even slightly feel him shaking her, but she felt dizzy and everything started to become dark. She mouthed the words 'I love you', because she still cared deeply about him, but Hex never left her mind. It made her feel dirty, loving someone when she loved someone else, but she wanted to move on. She saw a light, and knew what it meant. She went towards it.

0