Disconcerting News
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You mean to tell me that Elaine is dead and in hell but she's coming back today? And you,” Hex pointed to Kalan, “want me,” and then pointed to himself, “the person who probably hates her the most, to come to some kind of fucked up un-funeral?” he asked.

He really didn't want to go, but he remembered that Zlyena wanted him and Elaine to get along, so he was considering it -- even after what she did.

“Yes, it will be her great rebirth, have you ever seen a being come back to life before your very eyes?” Kalan asked, stone faced as ever.

“No, and I wasn't planning on it, I mean, it seems... Interesting enough, but if it could literally be any other person other than her, that would have made it more interesting.” He frowned, he didn't want to go still, and the whole thing of the dead coming back to life may interest him, but his discontent towards Elaine was getting in the way.

“You don't have to go if you don't want to.” Din piped up somewhere behind him.

“He's inviting you too, dingus.” He turned around and stared at her.

“Well if you go I'll go with you.” She shrugged.

“It seems wild, I'm in.” Owen smiled.

“You would be, you look like a normal high schooler but on the inside you're just like me.” Hex scoffed.

“We have the same sense of humor, too. Remember the joke you made about hanging yourself and putting...” Owen looked up at Kalan and his sentence trailed off.

“It's a joke about asphyxiation causing blood to pool in the... lower extremities. There would be a sign that said 'suck it' on it.” Hex blushed, embarrassed at the brazen mix of dirty joke and gallows humor.

“Yeah, that's it!” Owen laughed.

“You guys are weird.” Din shook her head.

“I never heard anything like that so I wouldn't know.” Kalan didn't even move or show any emotion in response to it.

“So are we going?” Owen asked.

“Fuck it, I'll go. I never saw shit like what he's implying.” He shrugged.

“I'm going with you then.” Din stepped forward.

“I guess it's a party, then.” He smiled.

“Are you all ready?” Kalan asked.

“Let's fuckin' go.” he shouted and threw his arms into the air.

They all went to Macabre Hearse and were led to a large room, black floors and walls as per usual and greek pillars lined the room. There was a group of subordinates encircled around the middle of the room. Hex pushed his way to the front, and saw Elaine's lifeless body laying on a marble slab, a dozen red roses clasped in her unmoving hands. He didn't see any blood or wounds on her, so he was confused.

“I thought she died? Where are her wounds?” He turned to Kalan, who stood next to the top of the slab where Elaine's head was.

“We dressed her in a new dress, and had the resident doctor close the wounds and fill her body back up with blood.” Kalan looked down at Elaine's corpse, and he could almost make out an emotion of sadness ever so slightly etched onto Kalan's face as he reached down to touch her. Kalan lightly caressed her pale cheek, then pulled his hand away and slipped it back under his cloak.

“I bet it's your fault,” A familiar voice spoke up.

Hex looked over and saw an angry Trip in Macabre Hearse getup, their arms were folded and they were staring daggers at him.

“What's my fault again?” He was confused, and wondered why Trip was angry at him. He was worried he may have misgendered them again, he was always very progressive and he didn't want to make Trip feel like shit.

“Elaine dying, asshole.” Trip huffed and blew air out of his mouth, which made his pink highlight spring up and then flop down onto his head.

“What? I didn't even know she was dead until today, don't blame me for shit I didn't even do.” He was offended that Trip would automatically think anything bad happening to Elaine would be his fault.

“She loves you, yet you spurned her, making her search for a hole she can't fill in her heart, she told me as such. If you were with her instead, she wouldn't have died! If you were the least bit understanding, she wouldn't have gone for someone else! If you were with her, this would never have happened!” Trip yelled angrily, their arms at their sides and their hands balled into fists.

“Wow, holy shit. So I'm not supposed to have any autonomy when it comes to your precious 'Maiden of the Crows?' I'm just supposed to fall for her even if I don't agree with her methods? She was too late, I fell for someone else, someone who doesn't kill people she dislikes. It's not my fucking fault, and nothing you can say will prove otherwise,” he said.

“Enough, you two. I will not have you both bickering in front of her corpse,” Kalan boomed.

“Fine,” Trip said.

“I didn't start it, they did,” he huffed.

“Are you eight?” Trip retorted.

“Silence,” Kalan growled, his eyes glowing.

“Oh shit.” He felt the blood leave his face.

“So, when exactly is she coming back?” Damon piped up

“In...” Kalan looked at the clock on the wall.

Everyone collectively turned their heads towards the clock.

“About three minutes, that's two hundred years in hell time. She has been in hell for a very long time, according to her time, time is much faster on earth than it is in hell. Three days is seven hundred and twenty thousand years in hell. She has been very lonely and has had all the time in the world to think about things, even an hour in earth time is four hundred years for her,” Kalan said.

“Jesus christ, I'd go insane down there.” He suddenly felt bad for her, even though he hated her for what she did. seven hundred and twenty thousand years? That's two hundred and fourty thousand years a day, and four thousand years for each hour would definitely drive him insane, if he wasn't able to do the things he wanted.

“She knew she would have to eventually go, being a demon and all,” Damon said.

“Yeah, but waiting hundreds of thousands of years to come back? That would feel like multiple forevers for me.” he shook his head.

“She did sacrifice a piece of her immortal soul just to bring you back, remember? This is nothing to her, she is strong.” Damon put a fist to his chest.

“She told you that?” He asked.

“Of course, she told me everything. She even told me that I may not be able to replace you.” Damon looked down at his feet.

“Fuck, can all of you please stop making me feel bad about not liking her?” He gritted his teeth.

“It's true though, she's trying to move on with me, key word is trying.” Damon looked back up with a sad expression on his face.

“I said stop it for fuck's sake.” He put a hand to his head, it was all too much for him, and he felt the tears coming.

“You don't have to feel bad for her, remember what she did.” Din put a hand on his shoulder.

“I know what she did, but that was a long time ago, I don't feel that angry at her about it now, anger fades with time, you know?” He looked to Din.

He heard a gasp and a bit of coughing, and the body in front of him stirred. The newly returned Elaine put the roses down next to her and rubbed her arms with a shiver.

“It's freezing in here,” she said.

Everyone but Din, Hex and Owen collectively got on one knee and bowed. He looked at the rest of them, bewildered.

“The fuck's going on?” Hex turned to Kalan.

“I suppose you don't know how much of a momentous occasion this is,' Kalan said, still kneeling.

“Uhhh, not really no.” He shrugged slightly.

“Hex? Is that... Is that you?” Elaine turned to him, her eyes were a solid white.

“Kalan invited me.” He didn't want to reveal that he felt bad for her.

“What's wrong with her eyes?” Owen asked.

“It will take a bit for her vision to come back, she may be using second sight at the moment.” Kalan got up, and everyone else followed suit.

“I can't believe it,” Elaine whispered breathlessly, tears pooling under her eyes.

“Whoah, wait a second, don't cry.” He threw his hands out in front of himself.

“I've waited countless years just to see you again. I wish my eyes were still working.” She wiped the tears from her eyes and slid to the side of the slab.

“I thought you hated her, I suppose not,” Kalan said.

“I still dislike her for what she does, and what she did to Din, but she's still a person at the end of the day.” He shook his head.

“I'm so glad.” Elaine's feet landed on the floor, and as soon as they touched the black ground, she ran up and wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly.

“Uh...” He didn't know how to react.

“I'm so glad you don't hate me,” she said.

He felt the wetness of her tears fall and wet his skin near his neck.

“Hey, hands off him,” Din said.

He felt Elaine trying to hold on as she was pulled away. It took a bit of resistance not to fall over.

“How dare you place hands on her in such a vulnerable moment in her life, leave immediately, woman,” Kalan growled.

“She was putting hands on him,” Din whined.

“If Din is being kicked out, I'm going with her,” he said.

“No, please don't leave,” Elaine said.

“No, I'm done here, let's go, Hex.” Din started to walk out.

“I guess we're done here then,” Owen said as he followed her.

He stood there for a second, staring at Elaine. As soon as Din and Owen walked past his vision, he turned to follow.

“No, don't go, I beg you!” he heard Elaine shout, but he didn't look back. He could just barely make out her silent crying just before he walked through the door.

0