Proposition
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hex took Din and Owen out for a fancy dinner, he had been saving that and more for a while. He and the others were seated, and instead of Din sitting next to him, he told her to sit opposite of him. She looked at the empty booth seat, with a mix of confusion and sadness on her face. She quietly sat in the outer booth seat.

Hex and Owen started talking about something, but he noticed Din was being quiet.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“Well, you wouldn't let me sit next to you.” She looked down at her hands.

“I'll tell you why after we're done eating, don't worry.” He smiled at her.

She gave a fake smile back that was plainly full of sadness and worry.

“So, now that we're done touring, I can finally work on finishing the new LP.” Hex put his hands on the table.

“I'll help however I can.” Owen nodded.

“Will I be able to record more vocals?” she asked.

“Of course, and we aren't going to let your back problems get in the way this time.” He was worried about her since she was having back pain due to her slipped disc and a few other problems he couldn't remember at the time.

“I'm mostly fine now, I swear.” She sighed.

“Hey, I worry about you anyways, mostly fine is not fine, you know?” He turned his body towards her and sighed back.

“I wish I didn't gum up the works with all this bullshit though.” She frowned.

“It's not bullshit, it's a real problem that needs to be dealt with.” He tried to console her.

“I know, I just... It's still bullshit in my opinion.” She narrowed her eyes and looked away.

“I don't think you needing medical help is bullshit, weird fucking ailments are a part of the human condition.” He shrugged.

“Yes, but I wish it didn't happen anyways.” She sighed and started to stir the water the waitress got her with the straw that came with it.

“I wouldn't be too down about it, there wasn't much you could have done to prevent it,” Owen piped up.

“That doesn't make me feel all that much better about it regardless.” She let out another sigh.

They continued to talk until they got to order.

“Order anything you want, dear.” He smiled as warmly as he could at her.

She looked at him blankly.

They all ordered their food, and they continued to talk until the food was brought in. They ate while talking on and off, and Hex was getting even more nervous and excited for what was to come when they finished the last bites of their food. He got more nervous for each bite they took. He didn't know how she would respond to what he was about to do, but he really wanted her to be receptive.

He wanted her to know that he stood by her, through sickness and in health, like she was there for him during him weaning himself off of his vices. He wanted her to know that he still loved her, and wanted to prove it, not with words, but with actions.

Din finished her last bite, and he took the little satchel out of his back pocket and held it tightly in his right hand. He stood up and looked down at her. Her face went pale, was she going to say no? Or was it all a misunderstanding? He was too far in to back out now.

“Diana Fivalinne, we've been together for just two months shy of two years, and all the time we've spent together...” He felt his windpipe close due to how anxious the moment was making him. He shuffled one space to the right and kneeled onto one knee. He looked back up at her to see her cover her mouth with her hands.

“You've made me happier than anyone in this world has ever made me. I feel complete when I'm around you, and I want to make it official, so... Diana Fivalinne, will you.” He took the ring he had spent all his savings on, and showed it to her.

“Marry me?” time seemed to stop after those words left his mouth.

All he could hear was his heartbeat in his ears and the low murmur of the other people in the restaurant. He felt cold and sweaty at the same time. He watched her get up, it felt like she was doing it in slow motion, even though she wasn't. She tore her hands away from her mouth and stretched her arms out with a smile on her face.

“Yes!” She went up and hugged him.

He was so relieved, he knew it was a bit early, but he really wanted to tie the knot with her. He watched her grab the ring from him and put it on, and he hugged her back. The feeling was of indescribable happiness, he was overjoyed. They all went home together after paying. He and din were holding hands the whole way back.

0