The Great Zoriyan Library
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elaine teleported to the inside of the Zoriyan hideout. She had called her mother to meet up with her, and she surprisingly agreed. Her mother, who went by many names, but was just mom to her, was redeemed from the cursed bloodline, but Elaine herself was not redeemed from the inherited curse that was passed down to her.

She entered the large library, Cara was there, she turned towards her, and frowned.

“Mom, it's been so long, how have you been?” she asked.

“I can sense the curse that is ravaging your body, you would attempt to hide such a thing from me?” Cara responded.

“I thought I had a good enough masking spell, I guess I was wrong.” She frowned.

“You are willing to throw away you only chance to live to please a man who has done nothing but harm you? I only accepted because you begged me through tears, but I don't know if I want to help you, you should at least give me a good reason as to why you would break a love spell that could save your life.” Cara turned to the side.

“He's engaged, I can't do that to him! Mom, please. It would be evil of me to take advantage of him like that.” she squeaked.

“Have you tried doing what I did? It did create you, after all.” Cara looked back at her.

“I'm not going to go back in time like that, it wouldn't be nice to Pain, who would have to go with me, because I fucked up. I can't make him suffer like that, not again.” she said.

“You would die not to inconvenience others?” Cara asked.

“This is what I want, if I have to sacrifice myself for it to happen, so be it.” She stood her ground, and hoped her mother wouldn't refuse.

“Very well, if it is your decision to sacrifice yourself to keep people safe, I will help you.” Cara walked over and pulled a few books from one of the shelves. She walked back, the claws on her feet lightly tapping against the floor.

Elaine held out her arms and grabbed the five books that her mother gave her.

“Are these the ones?” she asked.

“Not only will it get rid of Turbuk's love spell, it has a spell to lock away someone's memory. I'm sure that would be useful for you.” Cara turned and started to walk out.

“Wait!” Elaine shouted.

Cara turned her head back towards her.

“What is it, my child?” Cara asked, as eloquent as always.

“Thank you, and take care of my sister for me.” She turned away and carried the books to the reading desks on the opposite end of the library.

0