Volume 1: Prologue
946 12 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[][][0][][]

Underneath the deep blue skies at night, where the stars shine their brilliance like polished pearls, in an empty part of the forest adjacent to a large house with two floors, a swimming pool at the back, a large yard at the front with two parking spaces occupied by a car and a pick-up truck, and surrounded by dark red concrete walls with a large gate facing the parking space, and a medium-sized gate located on the other side of the large gate, is a handsome boy with dark brown eyes, dark black hair, and a well-defined body doing another round of exercises, ignoring everything around him.

A 100 mountain climbers, followed by a 100 burpees, 100 hand-stand push-ups, 100 pistol squats, 100 planche push-ups, and topped by a 100 jumping jacks rounded up his exercise routine, sweat dripping like rivulets of rain all over his body.

Wearing his gray sweatshirt, black and grey rubber shoes, and black-striped gray shorts, his attire was completely soaked in sweat, his smooth controlled breaths relaxing his tense muscles step by step.

Resting his tired muscles, he raised his right hand and saw a mark shaped in the letter H, capitalized, colored red, and smooth thin lines intertwining its sides.

"Why me? I'm not even interested in having a Harem."

Shifting his gaze towards the sky, he contemplated on his destiny of being chosen as one of the 'Harem Kings", men chosen to create a harem and wage war for fame, influence, and power.

Every boy dreams of being popular with the girls. to be attractive to the opposite sex.

Yet, it is an unfortunate truth that there's more to attracting girls than just having a 'personality.'

If you have the looks, money, influence, or status, then there's a good chance that girls and women will be attracted to you.

But some men are capable of attracting women regardless of whether they have these things or not.

The same thing can be applied to boys' trying to attract girls', only with the added burden of teenage hormones addling their brains and leading them to do stupid things due to a lack of maturity.

"If the world is forcing me to create a harem of my own, then forget it. Juggling the emotions of several hormonal teenage girls is troublesome."

Turning his gaze towards his home, he thought of whether his house was large enough for his future harem to live-in, shaking his head at the absurd thought of him getting a harem.

"No, that's stupid. There's no way girls will fall for me. I don't socialize that much and I do my own thing. I refuse to bend and fit with the stupid cliques at my school. Why should I? I'm my own man, and I live my life the way I want it to."

Feeling the soreness kicking in, he did a couple of stretches before he walked back to his house, following a worn-out path from the back of his house where he came from.

[][][][][]

John's room was a wide room, with two bookcases having three levels each where a lot of books are neatly arranged, with some of them having bookmarks inserted in them, a 50" flat screen TV, a leather sofa with a bag on top of the seat, and a study desk where two pictures were placed side-by-side on top of its surface.

Once inside his room, he took off his soiled sweatshirt, boxers, and shorts, carrying them with one hand towards the bathroom located beside his room.

Inside, he squeezed the excess water out of his sweatshirt, boxers, and shorts before hanging them on the clothesline inside the bathroom. 

After taking a cold shower, he sat on a black office chair facing his computer desk, turning on his computer and surfing the net for some interesting articles.

While searching, he heard a notification pop off, turning his eyes from the web browser down to the lower left corner of the screen, where a flashing icon shaped in a mailbox got his attention.

Clicking the icon, he noticed it was a message from one of his long-time classmates, Marie, a half-Russian, half-Filipino girl who became his classmate in elementary school and who still became his classmate in his first year of high-school.

"[Hey John! Did you see the new episode of 'Frozen Empire'?]"

He read her message before spending a few seconds to type his response.

"[Not yet Marie. Did Elise find her sister?]"

"[Nope, but she managed to kill one of the Flame Generals. It was crazy!! There was blood and death on this episode!! You should watch it and tell me what you think about it.]"

"[Will do. That reminds me, have you done your assignment for tomorrow?"]

A few seconds passed before she answered his question, with a sweating emoticon to go along with her message.

"[Haha...No. I don't want to! Why should I? It's too difficult...]"

"[C'mon Marie. Don't be lazy and just do it. You don't want to enroll summer classes again, wouldn't you?]"

"[Uuu...Fine. But you owe me!]"

"[No, YOU owe me. Besides, I'm the only reason why you're still in the top 10 when it comes to academics. Don't forget that.]"

"[Sigh...fine. I-if it's you, then I don't mind...]"

Satisfied with her response, he closed the chat box and turned his focus back on the screen in front of him, surfing the net for something that could spark his interest.

Another notification popped up, this time from his childhood friend Janice, who always asked him to accompany her whenever he has free time.

"[Heyyyyyy John! Guess what?]"

"[What?]"

"[There's a new cake shop that just opened near our school. Wanna go together?"]

"[Wait, there's a new cake shop near our school?]"

"[Yeah! Apparently, the school decided to allow new businesses to set-up shop near the business district. I heard they have great cakes.]"

"[I see. Alright, I'm game.]"

"[Nice! Time?]"

"[4:00 PM after school?]"

"[Got it. Meet you outside the gate! ^^]"

He closed the chat box and focused on the screen again, starting to suspect that the universe is out to distract him from his current activity.

"You know what, maybe I should just lie down on my bed and fall asleep. That way, none of my contacts can disturb me."

Turning his computer off, he rose up from his sit and went to his bed, laid down, and waited for sleep to take him.

As he fell asleep, his thoughts were occupied by the appearance of his two friends, only now noticing their beauty and femininity in his dreams.

[][][][][]

John woke up early and took a shower, grooming himself before putting on his school uniform for another week of school.

His uniform is composed of a black and blue collared uniform with a breast pocket on the left side embroidered with the logo of his school, an image of a heavily armored knight mounted on a heavily armored horse wielding a grim black lance raised high above his head surrounded by two wide-spread wings on each side, a white undershirt underneath the uniform, black long pants, and polished black leather shoes.

Buttoning his uniform and straightening his tie, he observed himself in front of the mirror and noticed the changes to his body.

"Looks like I've lost a bit more fat. It seems that exercising everyday is paying off. With this, I can keep up with the others."

Grabbing his school bag on top of his leather sofa, he went out of his room and proceeded downstairs, the smell of his mother's cooking assaulting his nostrils.

"Good morning son, how's your sleep?"

"It's fine mom. I'm still a bit sore but I'll live."

"Don't push yourself too hard, alright? Your father will worry too much about you if you go to far."

"Yes mom. How about dad? Is he still asleep?"

"Yes son. Your father went home late last night just after you slept, and it looks like he is tired from managing our family company."

"I see. I wish dad would just take it easy mom. I'm concerned for his health."

"Don't worry son. I keep telling your father that his only son is concerned about his health and that he should spend some time to exercise."

"Okay mom."

He ate his breakfast, went to the restroom near the dining room and brushed his teeth, said his goodbyes to his mother, and started his walk towards school.

Approaching an intersection, he sensed the presence of two people, his eyes darting back and forth, observing his surroundings for signs of his hidden stalkers.

Once the walk light turned green, he crossed to the other side of the street, and changed his path towards the one leading to the park, where a large fountain sat in the middle surrounded by trees and populated by benches, a medium-sized lake, rest areas, and two restrooms.

Stopping a few meters in front of the fountain, he called out the two stalkers, turning around to face them.

"You guys should stop hiding. Now."

His serious tone was enough to expose the two stalkers, who were both pretty girls and wore the same school uniform only for girls.

A black skirt that extended near the knees, a white undershirt underneath their black and blue colored short-sleeved school uniform, a breast pocket on the left side of the uniform, and a blue ribbon tied around the collar completed the girl's uniform that made them stand out from the rest.

"So, he managed to sense us despite our hiding skills."

The first girl muttered, who had short brown hair, a bunny hair clip on the left side of her head, and wielded two daggers on both her hands.

"Is that really impressive? He looks nothing special at all, aside from his looks."

The second girl,with medium length black hair topped by a cat-eared headband, wielding a long spear on her right hand and a large round shield on the left.

Noticing their hesitation, he took the time to observe them, noticing the silver bracers on both their arms.

"I see. You're the harem members of Karl then?"

Karl, his best friend, who broke off their friendship after he received the same mark as he did, symbolizing his status as one of the chosen Harem Kings.

Such is the tragedy of friendship between two boys, because of the possibility of getting lots of girls to be attracted to you, and the desperate urge that accompanies such a possibility.

"That's right. He told us to mess you up because he doesn't like you."

"Fair point. But he should realize that its useless to go against me."

Shifting to a fighting stance, he readied himself for combat, taking long, steady breathes.

"Oh? You're trying to fight against the two of us? You should realize that it's impossible to win against us."

Without waiting for their response, he disappeared in front of them, appearing in front of the girl with medium length hair, two fists ready to unleash a devastating blow on her solar plexus.

Both girls were shocked that he was fast enough to catch them off-guard, too late to react to his assault, too late to raise their weapons in response.

Launching his attack, his fists dug deep into her stomach, taking the wind out of her and forcing her to cough out blood, the power behind the attack enough to blow her back crashing towards one of the trees that broke upon impact, knocking her unconscious.

Not waiting for the result of his attack, he planted one of his hands on the ground and executed a low sweeping kick towards the other girl, knocking her off-guard before he twisted his body, launching one of his fists towards her rib cage, a loud exploding sound and a howl of pain accompanying his assault.

She crumpled on the ground, holding her stomach as she cried, blood dripping out of her mouth.

"Tell Karl that he himself should face me head-on. There's no use sending his own harem members only for them to be knocked unconscious."

Turning towards the exit, he ignored their downed forms and continued his journey towards the school, both eyes on the alert for any other unpleasant surprises.

Meanwhile, one of the white and blue colored pigeons spread its wings and flew from its perch, going somewhere to the west, flying above the crowds of people going to their destinations, the heavy traffic, and the running trains typical of the morning rush.

[][][][][]

 

 

21