Volume 1: Chapter 1 – The Voice
797 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[][][1][][]

The Saint Arcus Academy has always been known as a place of the elite, where the most powerful and influential families send their sons and daughters as students of the school.

From politicians, actors, and CEO's, down to writers, painters, and musicians, the school prides itself on its well-rounded education that trains its students to become all-around skilled members of society.

Its emblem, a knight clad in black, raising the lance wielded by its arm upwards, and surrounded by wings on each side, is a symbolic representation of Saint Arcus De Leon, the legendary knight who slew the ancient dragon Baltos after seven days and seven nights of constant fighting.

The wings represent the divine intervention by the Gods, who granted him more strength to face the beast and saw his heroic valor and peerless strength as an equal to the ancient dragon's immortality, supernatural power, and its divinity.

Before he could battle the ancient dragon, the Saint had to undergo trial after trial, pushing his intellectual, spiritual, physical, and mental capabilities and stamina to their absolute limits.

Any lesser man would have surrendered to their frail mortality, but not Saint Arcus, because he knew that the ancient dragon, when left to its own devices, would eventually wrought havoc upon the earth, and the only way to reach the lair of the beast is by subjecting himself to a brutal regimen of all-around training just to have a chance of surviving against the dragon.

Intellectual training to be able to solve and answer every single question thrown at him.

Physical training to be able to do unmatched feats of strength greater than that of the greatest heroes.

Spiritual training to support his abilities and give them a boost.

Mental training to be able to use a variety of magic in any situation.

Knowing that he has done the best that he could, he set for the final battle, with the prayers and blessings of the people whom he had met during his journey.

After the cataclysmic battle, it is said that the Saint ascended to sainthood, and his disciples founded the same school that bears his name, in honor of his legacy, and basing its entire curriculum on the four aspects he trained to perfection in order to face the ancient dragon.

From a simple one, three-story building, the school now occupies an area equal to two football fields, divided into three buildings, with an oval, a swimming pool, a covered court, and a tennis court behind the buildings.

The main building in the center is where the lockers and the lobby is located, and where the paths split into two, on the left and on the right. In the middle of the lobby is a wide staircase that leads to the second floor, split by a railing denoting up and down directions.

Connected to the right of the building is the location of the first year classrooms, with the first year faculty room located near the entrance , and a restroom located at the end of the corridor 

To the left of the main building is also where the remaining first year classrooms are located, with another located at the end of the corridor.

Each classroom had two doors each, and faced wide, square windows that were opened to let in sunlight.

With 12 first-year classrooms, the school only accepts a small number of students, so many aspiring students start studying for the entrance exam in their third year of primary school, which some school administrators and educators see as too much pressure but a necessary evil for parents who want their children to be a part of this prestigious institution.

In such a school where the elite mingle with those who come from both the middle classes as well as scholars, there's bound to be a feeling of superiority.

Especially between two people who come from influential backgrounds yet have different personalities that contrast with each other.

Approaching the entrance gate, he saw a group of girls flocking around a pretty-faced boy with black hair and the same dark brown eyes, with a slim build and standing at 180 cm,  six inches shorter than him, wearing the male uniform.

The boy noticed his gaze and put on a fake smile, the same group of girls also glancing to his direction.

"Hey John, it's been awhile, hasn't it?"

A fake aura of friendliness, an atmosphere of arrogance, a look given to a peer that he deemed inferior to himself, was the feeling John got as he approached him.

"Yeah, it has Karl. You should straighten out your friends, man. You don't want something bad to happen to them now, right?"

Karl just clicked his tongue, knowing that John foiled his attempt to 'roughen-up' his former best friend, for reasons known only to Karl himself.

"If you want to vent, then come at me Karl. There's no use hiding behind your girl friends when we know each other well enough." 

Without waiting for his reply, John went on his way, ignoring the looks he received from the rest of the students who were starting to whisper among themselves after seeing the confrontation between the two boys.

On the second floor of the school building, a beautiful girl was observing their confrontation by a window, humming a sweet tune to herself.

Long golden blonde hair tied in a pony tail, D-cup breasts, blue-green eyes, and a slim and toned body standing with a height of 180 cm, and blessed with a pale complexion, she was the definition of a foreigner which earned her some unwanted attention.

Attention she did not want, for she only had eyes for one boy, who just confronted his former best friend in front of the entire student body.

A voice woke her up from her observation and she turned towards the source of the voice.

"Hi Angelica, what're you looking at?"

Another beautiful girl standing at the same height as her with the same breast size, this time with long blood red hair, dark green eyes, smooth pale skin, and wearing a simple necklace stood beside her, shifting his attention from her to the outside of the window.

"Just another confrontation, Marie. It's been the talk of the entire school since last summer."

"Ah, you mean the bad blood between John and Karl?"

"Yeah. It's gotten so bad that there's a chance they'll come to blows sooner or later."

"Then isn't it fine to fight them ourselves? We're more than capable enough to go up against Karl's harem."

Angelica shook her head in response.

"We can't, not without John' s permission. He still refuses to embrace his role as a Harem King, and without his support, our hands are tied and we're unable to act independently."

"Hmm...I see."

"Also, he hasn't done much to strengthen the connection between us aside from going on dates. You can feel it too, right?"

"I noticed. I can feel my ability deep down inside me but I still can't use it because it's not enough. There must be something he must do to draw out the power hidden deep within us."

"And that's the problem. Unless he escalates things between us, then we're stuck like sitting ducks, vulnerable to other enemy harems."

"Does Janice know about it?"

"She's aware that she's been chosen as one of John's harem members, but she has no interest in knowing her hidden ability."

"I see...then we just have to wait for John to make the first move, huh?"

"Exactly, and now I shall go back to my classroom because class is about to start."

Humming the same tune, she wave her hand towards her, turning to the opposite direction to where her classroom is located.

[][][][][]

Stepping inside the classroom, his classmates turned their heads towards him, some giving him looks of awe and some giving him looks of fear.

A natural reaction for someone who can't tell what he was truly thinking since he was never one to open himself to others, let alone his own friends.

Walking to his seat, he noticed a plain white envelope on top of his desk with the words 'CONFIDENTIAL' written on it.

"Hmm...I wonder who's it from?"

Taking his seat, he grabbed the envelop and, after scanning the insides using magic, tore off the flap and took a plain white paper from the envelop, scanning the contents of the letter.

"Greetings Sir John, you may be surprised that a stranger has sent you a message. I mean no harm in writing to you, for I am here to help get accustomed to your new life as one of the chosen Harem Kings."

He narrowed his eyes at the first paragraph, now focusing on the rest of the message written on the paper.

"Loathe as I am to write such a simple missive, I am here to offer my services to you should you choose to use them, in order to assist you in managing your harem members. I am aware that you are not amicable to having a harem, what with all the problems and stresses that accompany such a responsibility.

"As such, three days from now, I want to meet up with you in the park where you took down two harem members of your ex-best friend for it is only proper that the place where you exerted your dominance should be the same place where I introduce myself.

"You don't have to worry about interlopers interrupting our meeting for I have made the necessary preparations on the off-chance that one of the Harem Kings will attempt to attack you in the middle of our discussion.

"If I may be so bold, may I suggest that you take along one or two companions with you for...safety reasons. It would be a great relief on my conscience when I can safely say that you are adequately protected from all threats.

"There's no need to write a reply to this missive since the act of opening and reading it is already a sign of your agreement to my request.

"I hope to get to know more about a Harem King like you, Sir John, and I hope you'll change your mind on accepting the responsibility of becoming a Harem King.

"Signed, The Arbitrator."

Taking note of the sender's name, he folded the piece of paper and put it inside his breast pocket, crumpling the envelope in his hands and proceeded to the thrash can, placed outside his classroom near the other entrance on the other side.

After throwing the envelope on the thrash can, he saw Marie waving at him as she approached the classroom entrance.

"Hey, John. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I managed to finish all my homework last night. At least, I did most of it..."

A doubtful voice and a sheepish grin is all he needed to know that she didn't finish all of the homework assigned to them last week.

"Huh, so you failed huh?"

"Hey! I didn't fail! I just forgot some of it!"

"Really? What excuse do you have now? I watched too much VidFlix? Fell asleep reading another sappy novel? Fell asleep after coming home from school? Forgot to write..."

"OKAY! OKAY! STOP IT ALREADY! Jeez..."

An embarrassed expression accompanied by her blushing face forced him to stop his teasing, his eyes roaming over her body.

"She is beautiful, you should get a taste of her attractive body~"

A seductive voice whispered inside him, a sense of lust slowly overcoming his senses, his line of sight now filled with intertwining colors of red and pink, the girl in front of him becoming even more attractive and pleasing to his eyes.

"Why do you hesitate, your Highness? You should take her right here, right now. Take her maidenhood and make her yours, for all of creation bow down to you~"

After 'devouring' her body, his eyes proceeded to roam over her face, noting her fine sculpted nose, alluring dark green eyes, smooth pale neck, and her rosy cheeks filled with the vitality of youth.

"You know she likes you, that she desires you, that she wants you inside of her, that she's already chosen to dedicate her entire being to you. Such dedication should be rewarded handsomely, yet you hesitate, like a novice angler afraid to cast his lure to get his first catch. Why do you hesitate when a delectable fruit is right in front of your eyes?~"

He listened to the voice that continued to tempt him, struggling to reign in his desire to take her and make her his.

"Seeing you acting like an ignorant naive fool is no fun, your Highness. I shall therefore retreat into the depths of your soul, observing your actions, and bidding my time until you're ready to handle my power."

"Who exactly are you?"

He heard the disembodied voice laugh, a laugh that spoke of superiority, arrogance, and an attitude that didn't give a single damn about the world.

"I am you, your Highness, or rather a personification of your other self. The other side of your personality that you refuse to show to the world. A facet of your personality that is so hideous, so terrible, so great that women will bow down to your will and would gladly surrender their innocence to you~"

"A facet of my personality? Women who'll bow down to my will? Surrendering their innocence? What are you..."

"They're also willing to forsake the world and all that they love all for the sake of attracting your interest and becoming your loyal servants and playthings. What man would deny such a privilege?"

A slight hesitation resulted in his prepared reply disappearing like dust on the wind, forcing him to think of a reply to the disembodied voice's question.

"Isn't that equal to committing rape and treating the opposite sex as nothing more than sex objects to be used and discarded?"

"Not with your power hidden inside you because there'll be no such things as 'rape' or 'forced sex' since it's all consensual, with no regrets for both you and your partner.

"Did I mention that you can decide whether you can impregnate women or not? By using your subconscious, you can enable or disable the possibility of a girl getting pregnant when having sexual intercourse with her. Just by thought alone, you have full control over your sexual desires. You're lucky, your Highness, because any man would kill for the ability to control their libido, ensuring that he can have sex as much as he wants and sleep with other women without getting them pregnant."

"But I'm not interested in becoming..."

"Excuses, excuses, your Highness. It's time to accept the fact that not only have you been chosen as one of the Harem Kings, but you also possess one of the strongest, if not the strongest King's Armament in the universe."

"King's Armament? What's that?"

"You'll find out after meeting this 'Arbiter' who, I think, is another one of those generic adjudicators that preside on all matters regarding harem management as well as harem warfare."

"Huh? What? Harem Management? Adjudicator? Harem Warfare?"

"Ask this 'Arbiter' what those terms mean. I'm sure you'll be surprised with the answers you'll receive."

"I see. Guess I'll need his assistance in knowing more about these harem things."

Another laugh, this time filled with joy, was the response he received, as if the voice found his answer amusing.

"Then I shall rest, your Highness. If you have anything questions regarding women or seduction, then don't hesitate to ask for my help~"

Once the voice disappeared, his vision returned to normal. He took a deep breath, focusing his gaze on the hands waving close to his face.

"Hey John, are you alright? Are you sick? Hungry?"

He just waved her concerns, donning a smile to assure her that there was nothing wrong with him.

"Alright. Just tell me if you need anything, okay? We're classmates and seatmates too so its fine to bother me about it."

With a nod of his head, he returned to his seat, clasping his hands together on top of his desk, in deep thought on the disembodied voice inside his body.

For Marie, he felt his roaming gaze all over her body, which made her shy and conscious, feeling the heat of his gaze on her.

She shook her head when she started thinking of lewd thoughts and also returned to her seat, not looking at John for fear of blushing once more.

The bell rang signaling the start of homeroom, both of them drowned in their own thoughts.

[][][][][]

At the back of the school, a few minutes before the start of homeroom, laid an unconscious body, her long black hair spread-out on the ground, small yellow bullet 'wounds' dotting her chest, arms, legs, and neck, her discarded crimson red sword and icy blue sword lying on both sides of her body.

No blood could be seen since she used magic to convert her shots into Stun Shots, whose purpose was to knock the target unconscious without killing them outright.

As for the 'wounds,' they were just for cosmetic purposes, used as evidence that her attacks landed on the enemy.

In front of the body stood Angelica, her left hand wielding a black pistol with gold engravings, observing her handiwork.

"His ex-best friend really hates him that much huh? If that's the case...then the war has unofficially started."

Using magic to make her pistol disappear into specks of light, she disappeared in a gust of wind, appearing near the entrance of her classroom, reaching her assigned seat before anybody else could notice her.

[][][][][]

 

17