Prologue – Baby Wayne
7.8k 32 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On this very cold and dark night, lies a cute little baby of a month old lying on his crib. His body layered in soft, warm, and thick fabric. The baby moved side to side, his head looking around as he tried to move his limbs in difficulty. Then he stopped moving. The baby stares at the ceiling above him that seems totally luxurious with chandeliers and all that. The baby then closes his eyes...

‘How am I a freaking baby?’

He looked around the room he’s in once again, confusion visible on his face.

‘What happened to me? Why am I a baby? Where is this?’

As he keeps on thinking of this confusing predicament, the room’s door opened, revealing two unknown figures; a man and a young boy. They both walked near the crib as they stare at the baby in it.

“Little brother... you are awake.”

‘Little brother? Whose? Yours?’

The young boy extends his hands gently towards the baby in the crib. He gives a gentle stroke across the baby’s still-growing hair using his fingers. The baby only stares back as he does that.

‘So this is my older brother. Such a beautiful and handsome face; that black and lustrous hair of his really gave him the impression of a rich young master. But why are his eyes so swollen and red? Was he crying?’

The baby stares at his brother, which somehow makes the latter’s face frowns in sadness. The other figure closes in near the crib and puts his hand on the boy’s shoulder.”

“Young master Bruce; the youngest master has only you now.”

“I know that Alfred...,” the boy grits his teeth, “But I don’t know how I can live on without them.”

‘Hmmm, Bruce and Alfred? Like Bruce Wayne the Batman and Alfred Pennyworth the butler of Wayne family?’

The baby stares at the two people with new clarity on his face.

‘Is this reincarnation? I am being reincarnated as Bruce Wayne’s younger brother? Wait, he has a younger brother?’

“Master Bruce, I know it will not be easy after their death, but plea-”

“Don’t do this Alfred, stop reminding me...”

“Master Bruce, if not for your sake, then for the sake of young master Matthias, please-”

‘”Matthias”, that must be my name then.’

“I Know Alfred!”

‘Whoa, that was loud,’ the shout startles the baby Matthias and he tries to make a sound to see if he can make some words to assure the supposed older brother of his, but only soft cry and cooing noises came out. Young Bruce was surprised of his loud voice and immediately put his hands to his mouth as he cried softly.

Baby Matthias sees this moment as heartbreaking and heart-wrenching, and he knows what happened. Their parents; Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne, must be dead, murdered by a lowlife mugger. He must’ve been in pain all this time, trying to cope to the fact that both he and Matthias have no parents anymore, and he’s still too young to be able to accept such tragedy to happen.

“I’m sorry, brother! I’m sorry I yelled,” Bruce gently stroke Matthias’ cheeks, thinking he startles his brother with his yelling. “I’m sorry brother, I’m sorry I yelled... I will protect you.”

Bruce’s declaration moved Matthias’ heart, but Matthias has another idea in mind, ‘no brother, I will be the one protecting you. I have all the knowledge. I will grow a strong person, stronger than any enemy that will one day be against you.’

Bruce picks up baby Matthias in his attempt to perhaps soothe his baby brother. He cradled and hugs him gently, “Matthias, we will be together now. I love you. I will not let you suffer.”

Alfred picks up a handkerchief from his inner pocket and stealthily wipes his tears behind Bruce, but Matthias saw that. The two young master’s butler, Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth, is crunching his face to hold back tears. Another person to protect for Matthias.

‘I thought of protecting them, but if this is actually the universe of DC where Batman exist, then does Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. also exist? What about the villains, do they also exist? Like The Joker, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor... damn, I need power, then.’

As he thinks for his future, the soft and gentle caressing on his back from his older brother made him sleepy. *yawn*, let’s think latter, he thought, and he fall asleep.

.

.

.

[Good Evening, Matthias...]

 

Hello, Author here,

This fanfiction of Batman from DC Universe is a training project of mine.

I’m practicing how to write better, and since English is my second language, there will be some grammatical errors in my story.

This fanfic is inspired by another one named “Reborn as Batman’s Little Brother”, as well as some others (this story can and might become a complete rip-off, but let’s hope it won’t come to that).

The reason why I write this was actually more or less because I want another isekai story in Batman’s world, but the MC will not be as ‘Over Powered’. (I do love me some ‘wish fulfillment’ and ‘OP System’ stories, but I also don’t like it when the MC got it a little too easy in doing things. I also hate pussy MCs, most Japanese MCs are just, *argh*.)

That said; I hope you enjoy this story of mine.

Feel free to comment some criticism.

See you next time.

126