Chapter 28 – Here’s a Lesson in Trickery
3.1k 37 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I apologize for my disappearance for about two days, real life stuff happened. Is okay, no problemo, but I will perhaps update every two days for this week only. Maybe I'll return to my frequent updates on Friday and forward.

Anyways, Enjoy, and I'll talk to you all later.

Anthony Gallo1, also commonly revered as Tony Gallo who is the owner of the Utopia Casino is in his private chamber, drinking his overpriced brand of champagne, accompanied by his several women he liked to call as his ‘Sweet concubines’.

He’s a forty years old man, dressing in his usual expensive suits, and has a ‘W’ shaped mustache on his face, like the mascot from the Pringles potato chips.

He was having the time of his life with his women while overseeing his casino having the usual amount of gamblers and players crowding his establishment. As he was enjoying the moment, his casino manager approached him.

“Boss, we got a situation.”

Tony turned his head to the manager and glared since his enjoyment was interrupted, “What!” he firmly spoke.

“Uh- I’m sorry boss, but one of the customers in the casino is messing with our games. He’s been winning on all sorts of games and our money.”

“What? What do you mean? Is he cheating, perhaps?”

“N-no boss, or at least, we don’t know... We’ve been closely monitoring him, but we found no evidence of him cheating on the games.”

“When you say games, which one of our casino games are you talking about?”

“Ummm, almost everything, boss, from our slot machines, Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulettes, Pokers...”

“Wait, do you mean he’s been getting Jackpots from my slot machines?”

“Ye-yeah, boss!”

Surprise plastered on Tony’s face. His casino’s slot machines most of them rarely gives Jackpots, and even if they do give Jackpots, he has set the system to only give them on his chosen VIPs. Now, someone is playing those slot machines and getting Jackpots for almost every machine’s he played, and not only that, he also wins many of the games that required on mostly luck.

‘This guy must be cheating!’ He thought. He wants to see who he is, and try to get back the money he had won. ‘Those are my money you’re taking, and I’ll make sure to expose you for cheating on my casino and crush you.’

This foolish young man is going to lose all of his winnings, and Tony knows how to make this unlucky bloke to spend all of his money into his pocket without the need for violence, especially since Tony wants to keep his and his casino’s reputation high.

...

“He-he won again!”

“This is already the fourth time... How is he doing that?!”

“H-he must be the world’s luckiest man alive!”

Commotion fills the casino as Matthias, of course still in disguise, is currently playing (and winning) the roulette. Not only that, before he plays this, he has actually played other games in the casino and winning them all.

Now? He’s currently carrying a large bag of chips which he would exaggeratedly carry on his shoulder as if he’s struggling.

“Alright! Let’s go for the Texas Hold ’Em at the corner now.”

Matthias then approached the Poker table... but someone interrupted him.

“Excuse me sir, but our boss would like to meet with you.” It was the casino guard.

“Your boss? You mean like; the owner of this casino?”

“Yes sir.”

Matthias pondered for a bit, before eventually nodding with a smile.

‘I can’t believe it’s this easy to lure him...’ Thought Matthias.

The guard escorted Matthias into a certain area in the casino; a VIP ground, reserved for high elites and hardcore gamblers in the world.

Entering the VIP ground, Matthias can see the grand luxury within. The place has gaming chambers with high end consoles, large TV screens showing several online gambling games and others, very luxurious lounge with a bar that serve series of expensive brands of liquors, and several ‘maids’ dressed in various costumes; like bunny outfits, skimpy nurse, sexy cops, and even simply just naked except for heart-shaped stickers on their tits and a ‘womb’ shaped one on their crotch.

‘Well, I’ll be damned. Maybe someday I can spend my days living leisurely in places like this.’

After walking for a while, they arrived at a certain circular area at the end of the VIP ground, covered in some sort of glitters, giving an impression that the place is somehow shining like gold and diamonds. It has one large oval poker table with many seats surrounding it, and many are currently sitting while playing a round of poker.

The guard gave an indication for Matthias to approach, and so Matthias walked towards the table. Tony Gallo is waiting, sitting on a Poker table with a group of people. He then saw Matthias approaching.

“Welcome,” Tony said as he stood up. He walked towards Matthias, then offered his hand for a handshake, “I’ve seen you dominating my games in my casino. You got talent, young man.”

Matthias took the handshake, “I’m flattered, Mr. Gallo. To think that I’m being invited to enter such a glamorous place in the casino... I’m so moved!”

Matthias made an exaggerated body language by clasping his hands together to show how moved he is.

“Well, before we proceed, let us hear your name.”

“Oh, yes... ahem, my name is... Remy LeBeau.”

Matthias- no, it’s Remy now, was about to cringe after introducing himself with this name.

‘I’m sorry Gambit, I took your name... well, I mean, you’re not from this universe, so... I guess it’s fine. Right?’

After that, Tony offered Remy his seat on the poker table. Remy sat on the only empty chair left, and then starts making himself comfortable around the other VIPs around him.

“Now then, Mr. LeBeau, I invited you here because of one thing...” Said Tony Gallo as he put a mischievous smile. The other VIPs around the poker table are staring at Remy with a glint of hostility in them. It’s almost too obvious that they are all planning on something against Remy.

Tony then snapped his finger towards the card dealer close by, and then turned to face Remy, “Mr. LeBeau, you have been dominating my games in my casino, haven’t you?”

Remy did not answer and only merely nods lightly, and so, Tony continued.

“Mr. LeBeau, I find it hard to believe that you’ve been winning my games fair and square. My friends around you...,” Tony spreads his arms and looked around the poker table to point out the other VIPs around, “...they all think that you’ve been cheating on my games.”

Tony finished his statement with a sly smile, as the other VIPs were looking at him. Not only the VIPs around the poker table, the others around the VIP grounds are all looking at Remy.

“I see... but I don’t cheat, though...” Said Remy as he lightly nods in acknowledgement.

The card dealer then approached Tony, as the latter gave an indication to start prepping the poker game.

“Well, here’s the thing, Mr. LeBeau, we can’t simply trust you with words only, so that’s why we are going to play poker, with all of us here on this table.”

After saying that, the dealer starts shuffling the cards and split them to the 9 players including Remy on the poker table.

“Here's the deal, Mr. LeBeau, we play several rounds of Poker. It will be in high-stakes, so if you lose, you will return the money back to this casino. If you win, but we somehow caught you cheating, you will have to pay us all the money you've gathered until now, plus some extra. I hope you can understand.” Said Tony with a mischievous smile.

‘Heheh, let’s drain this youngling’s wallet and then make him force a contract if he can’t pay up.’ Thought Tony Gallo.

Remy smiled, and nods in agreement, “Well said, Mr. Gallo, I will prove it to you that I don't need to cheat to win. After all, I'm the luckiest man alive.”

‘Heheh, let’s drain this middle-aged fool and then make him force a contract if he wants his establishment to survive.’ Thought Remy LeBeau.

“Let the game begin!”

I took Gambit's name... should I add Marvel tag? Yes? No?

79