Chapter 38 – Hunting the Syndicates (Part 2)
1.8k 10 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey what is up guys, here's a late one as I apologize again and again for being slow to update. Someday I may return to the usual daily schedule, but for now, I hope this would make do till that happen.

Oh yeah, any criticism and/or suggestion are appreciated.

That is all, I hope you Enjoy. I'll talk to you all later.

KABOOOOM!

A loud explosion ensues, caused by the explosive knives embedded into the wooden crates. Splinters of woods creates shrapnel that pierced through the skins of several of the henchmen.

“““AAAAAAAAAAAHH!”””

Pained screams echoing throughout the now half-burning room, and several of the henchmen were in utter confusion, as the ringing feeling caused from the blast shocks them.

Matthias, or rather Wraith, used this opportunity to give throw several knives at the remaining men in suits with the assault weapons.

*SWISH!*
*STAB!* - *STAB!* - *STAB!*
“Argh!”
“Ugh!”
“Owww!”
Three men in suits had knife stabbed into them; two of them got hit on the arm, and one got hit by the stomach.
They then dropped their weapon as they writhe in pain.

In no time, Wraith attacked the others;
He gave a slash towards a nearby jacket-man by the waist, and then dashed towards another jacket-man and kicked him hard into hitting another jacket-man.
Each one of them dropped their firearms, and are all down for the count after the Wraith was done.

“Die freak!”
A jacket henchman aimed his submachine-gun at Matthias and fire.

Wraith only stood there and lightly transforms his body into black mists, letting the bullets to pass through.

Two other henchmen followed suit to fire at the Wraith as he morphs his body into mists.

The Wraith then moved as his mist body activates, and with a quick stride, he approached towards one of the shooters and sliced his hand off.

“Aaaahhh! My haaaand!”

The Wraith gave a quick ‘Spartan kick’ at him to drop him down, and then proceed to attack the other shooters.

He disarmed one by stabbing his leg, and then he grabbed his hand and broke it with force.
The last one, he shot a harpoon with the grappling gun and it hits his upper chest, and then Wraith pulled the grappler and threw him towards the other henchmen in a fluid motion.

“Uaack!”

“Th-that damned Wraith is decimating us!”

“D-dammit! We can’t win against him! We gotta go, NOW!”

There are currently about five remaining henchmen that are still capable, but knowing that they’ve lost more than half of their people in a span of only four minutes, they know that winning is not a possibility here.

One of them dashed towards the exit, and the others followed after seeing him fleeing.

“YOU ARE NOT LEAVING HERE!” A deep, growly voice resounded. It was the Wraith’s voice the henchmen knew already, which has infamously become a signal for “[Get the hell outta there!]”.

Five jacket-men fled outside of the building, but before they could all safely escape, Wraith shoots his harpoon from his grappler gun towards one of the fleeing group.

*SWISH!*
“Guuhk!”
His left shoulder got pierced, and he got pulled back the instant the harpoon was embedded.

The Wraith threw two of his knives towards the remaining fleeing group, one misses, the other hits the leg of one of the groups.
“Ah! Ouch!”

“C’mon! Get in the car!”

The remaining fleeing group went into a parked car nearby.
The Wraith was about to give chase, when someone from near the burning crates shoots numerous rounds from an assault rifle; it was the leading jacket group whose head slightly bleeds and has several burn marks.

“DIE FREAK!”

‘They always say the same thing, don’t they?’ Thought Matthias.

The Wraith moves closer, his body partially turned black mist, letting the raining bullets to pass through without hitting him.

The Wraith preps his sword forward, and slashed him in the chest.

“Urk!…” With one final grunt, he dies.

Wraith pulled his sword with a quick swing, splattering the blood   coating the blade, then dashed outside the building to give chase to the fleeing car.
He swiftly moved, boosting his speed and agility, and then the aimed his grappling gun upwards towards a nearby building’s roof to winch himself up in the sky.

The car has been driving away when Wraith had finally cleaned the building, but they know that they have yet to escape from him.

“Drive faster!”
“I’m trying, goddammit!”

The car, a four-seater grey sedan, sped up in the highway of Metropolis. It’s night time, and there’s a bit of drizzle pouring in the cold night. Traffic’s a bit empty, but there’s still some vehicles roaming.

The Wraith was catching up, and he threw an explosive knife towards the car.

*SWISH!*
*THUNK!*
Steel noise chimed as the knife hits the back of the car.
“What was that?!”
“H-he’s behind us!”

One of them looked back to see the Wraith floating down towards the car.
Wraith pressed the switch.

*BOOM!*
The knife embedded on the car’s rear exploded, and the car swerved towards the side.
The driver tried to control it, only to have it crashed onto a nearby lamppost.

“Ugh…”
The henchmen in the car were groaning as the staggered out of the car. Their body had multiple contusions, but overall still standing.

The Wraith dropped down in front of them.

“Dammit! Die you ghostly freak!”
One of them pulled a handgun.
Wraith retaliates by giving a roundhouse kick on the gun, kicking it towards the side, and then he kicked the man with a back kick in one swift motion, knocking him back several meters.

The others can only watch, dumbfounded, and Wraith uses this opportunity to strike quickly.

A punch to the stomach on one guy, then he grabbed his grappler and shoots towards the one trying to run away by his leg, which then got pulled back to the side of the crashed car.

… One left.

“Y-you!...”
One remaining henchman left was glaring at Wraith,
“We did nothing against you, so why are you killing us!”

Wraith slowly approached him. He let his black mist to shroud his body, giving him the image of a Grim Reaper.
“Your syndicate has many history concerning many sorts of weapon smuggling, drug dealings… even human trafficking… I’m here to end your branch in Metropolis.” He said, with the usual deep and growly voice.

“Y-you! Don’t you know who’re you messing with?!”
The henchman was fighting the urge to just run away,
“T-the syndicate will kill you!”

“They can try, but they can’t kill a Wraith…”

“Wait-wait-wait-wait!! I can tell you the other spots of the syndicate’s hideouts around here if you let me live!”

“Useless, for I already know where you scums are hiding at.”

Wraith walked several steps closer.

“W-wait! Okay-okay! I’ll tell you the location of the main branch!”

Wraith stopped his approach, and gestured his head to let him talk.

“Uhh… dammit… well, they are based in Atlantic City-”
“-I see you aren’t willing to tell me anything useful…”
“Wait-wait! … okay, you already know that, but you don’t know who’s the ringleader, right?”

Wraith kept silent as he listens, and gestured him to continue.

“Our operations were mainly based in Atlantic City, but the real power was coming from somewhere in National City. We were mostly given directions by someone who goes by the name of ‘Roulette’.”

Hearing this, the Wraith had pondered a bit.

“So… I’m free to go, right?”

“… I lied. People like you don’t deserve to live and pollute this world.”

The Wraith was about to raise his sword to strike him down, when…
*FWOOSH!*
*PANG!*
something knocked his blade off of his hand.

“Urgh…”
Wraith dashed away from the location of the trajectory. He looked back towards the thing that knocked his sword…

It was black, metallic, and the shape looked like small boomerang with the wing shaped like a pair of sharp wings.

Wraith, or rather, Matthias, knows who this thing belonged to… and he just dropped down quite a distance away in front of him.

“… oh no, I thought he had returned to Gotham.”
He muttered inwardly.

“Cease your attack.”

77