Chapter 41 – Wuyazi
284 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they sit on the horse carriage which is bringing them towards Mount Leigu where it is located in Henan, Shang tells Yuyan what he knows about relationship between her mother, grandmother and grandfather.

Shang: Your grandpa is Wuyazi, the head of the Carefree Sect and your grandmother is Li Qiushui, the empress dowager of Western Xia.

Shang: Before your grandmother went to Western Xia, she and Wuyazi lived in Mount Wuliang which is located in Dablit Guaif where they lived as a couple and had a child. The child was your mother, Li Qingluo.

Shang: It all started when Wuyazi created a jade statue which he would always look at every day. Your grandmother realized your grandfather is no longer looking at her so out of jealousy, she did something immoral to seek his attention.

Shang: Wuyazi was angered instead and left your mother and your grandmother at Mount Wuliang.

Ah Zi: What immoral thing?

Ah Zi curiously asks.

Shang’s thoughts: The immortal act she did was she show Wuyazi a bed scene where she slept with a couple of men.

Shang: Hmm… Wait until you are old enough to be married, then I will tell you.

Ah Zi: I have already reached the marriageable age.

Shang:...

Shang’s thoughts: Right, I totally forget the marriageable age in China’s ancient history is totally different from Modern China. Girls can be married at the age of fourteen while guys can marry at the age of sixteen.

Ah Zi: Tell me.

Shang ignore Ah Zi’s question and continues where he drops off.

Shang: Seeing that the immoral act which she did, has no effect, your grandmother went on to have a affair with your grandfather’s disciple who is Ding Chunqiu. He later becomes your mother’s adoptive father.

Ah Zi and Yuyan went red.

Both understood what immoral act Yuyan’s grandmother did after hearing the next part of the conversation.

Shang: Your grandmother reveals her relationship with Ding Chunqiu to your grandfather, hoping this time he will pay attention to her.

Shang: It didn’t work out and your grandfather decided to kick Ding Chunqiu out of the sect.

Shang: Not wanting to lost his martial arts and not knowing the kind nature of your grandfather, your adoptive father tricked your grandfather and pushed him over the cliff.

Ah Zi: Wait, if my teacher pushed her grandfather off the cliff, shouldn’t he be dead already?

Shang: Apparently he survived and was rescued by one of his disciples, Su Xinghe who later created the Deaf Mute Sect (Long-ya Men).

Shang: His sect is located at the place where we are going now.

Shang: Any questions?

Shang looks at Ah Zi and Yuyan.

Yuyan: That jade statue... Why did my grandfather keep looking at it?

Shang: It is someone your grandfather loves besides your grandmother.

Yuyan: Who is she?

Shang: Your grandmother’s younger sister.

Yuyan: This…

She didn’t expect her grandfather to be in love with someone else after he was married to her grandmother and had a child between them.

Shang’s thoughts: There is no name given for the sister mentioned in novel but if that is really her sister, why did Li Qiushui not mention her name?

Shang’s thoughts: Another question would be why would Wuyazi created a statue based on her appearance all of a sudden?

Shang’s thoughts: I guess answers will show themselves soon.

Shang thinks as he draws the carriage’s curtains aside to look at the incoming view of Mount Leigu.

11