Chapter 44 – One Slash is Enough
253 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chunqiu gets back on his feet with blood bleeding from his mouth.

Chunqiu: Brat, you are looking for death!

After wiping the blood with his sleeve, Chunqiu roars out.

Shang:...

Shang is already on guard for any incoming attacks.

Qinghe: Both of you please stop.

Before both Shang and Chunqiu could proceed, Qinghe stops them by saying.

Chunqiu: Senior, that’s between him and me. Ii has nothing to do with you.

Qinghe: I am afraid it does concern me.

Qinghe: This is a place to solve my late teacher’s chess game, not a place for fights.

Qinghe: If both of you want to continue, then I have to ask both of you to take it elsewhere.

Chunqiu: Su Qinghe! You!

Qinghe: Junior Ding. I believe I made myself clear.

Chunqiu: Hmph!

Qinghe: This young man, do you agree to continue or put it on hold?

Shang: I agree to put it on hold.

Qinghe: Junior, what about you?

Chunqiu: Young man, I hope you can walk out of here alive

Chunqiu smiles grimly and walks off.

The group that was bowing, approaches Shang after seeing Chunqiu has walked off.

Ah Zi: Are you alright?

Ah Zi asks with concern in her voice.

Duan Yu, Wang Yuyan, Murong Fu and the Four Generals also asks the same thing.

Shang: I am alright. Sorry, Ah Zhu, looks like the matter regarding your sister has to be put on hold.

Ah Zi: It’s alright. You can take your time.

Shang: Then let’s discuss other things.

While Shang and his group are discussing, Qinghe calls out for more challengers to solve the chess game, Zhen Long.

Yanqing: I don't have an invitation. Can I have a go?

Duan Yanqing steps up and says.

Qinghe: You can. Anyone who is here with or without an invitation can have a go at it.

Duan Yanqing takes up the challenge.

In the original novel, the Four Great Villains were invited and supposed to arrive later due to matters regarding Western Xia. It was Shang who passed a message to Erniang to tell Yanqing that there is an interesting chess game at Mount Leigu as Yanqing himself is a chess master at weiqi.

Shang: Then the rest of you take your leave first. Ah Zhu, Yuyan and Duan Yu stay with me.

Group: Agreed.

Shang passes them some items and ends the discussion after he sees Duan Yanqing still continues to play the chess in spite being warned by the third protagonist, the Shaolin monk, Xuzhu and his senior, Xuannan.

When Yanqing himself was trapped in the illusion generated by the chess game, Ding Chunqiu convinces Yanqing to commit suicide since he is a failure.

The two Shaolin monks are unable to stop him as their martial arts are no match for him.

Before Yanqing could stab himself with his crutch, Yue throws Xuzhu at Yanqing, hoping this will wake him up.

Ding Chunqiu intercepts the monk and throws him back at Yue.

The monk was thrown to and back twice before Yue has no longer the strength to throw the monk again.

Shang could only pity the poor Xuzhu for being thrown here and there like a toy.

Shang: I think that’s enough.

Shang speaks in a voice where everyone’s attention is on him when he walks up to Chunqiu and Yanqing.

Chunqiu: Oh? You think you can stop me?

Chunqiu stands in the path, blocking Shang’s view of Yanqing.

Shang: Of course, I am not here to stop you.

Shang: I only came to borrow something from you.

Shang says while he picks up a wooden stick with the path.

Chunqiu: What do you want to borrow?

Shang: Your head of course.

Before Chunqiu could react, Shang has already swing his wooden stick across his neck to decapitate him.

Slowly, the body goes down on the knees.

Then the head drops first before the body hits flat onto the ground.

The crowd who sees what Shang has done, is stunned by his actions.

A martial expert like Ding Chunqiu was killed by a young man like him!

Shang who doesn’t care much about the reactions of the crowd, walks behind Yanqing and pats him on the shoulder.

Shang: If you just die like that, who is going to take care of your son?

Shang speaks to Yanqing by ventriloquizing

By ventriloquizing, no one could hear what Shang says to Yanqing. This also applies the same when Shang speaks to Chunqiu.

Yanqing: WHAT!?

Yanqing wakes from the illusion when he hears Shang says he has a son.

Duan Yanqing doesn’t care much about his disciple who was killed by Xiaofeng at Hero-gathering Manor but

Yanqing: Tell me what you say is true!

Yanqing was originally on his knees to commit suicide and then rises up with his crutches to confront Shang.

Shang nods to that answer.

Yanqing: Who is he!?

Shang: It will take time. I will tell you after I have settled the issue here. Is that alright with you?

Yanqing: ... It's fine with me.

Yanqing moves from Shang to Qinghe.

Yanqing: Mister Su, This Duan has given up.

Qinghe nods and shows a hand gesture that he may go.

Qinghe: You’re the next challenger?

Qinghe turns to Shang, saying.

Shang: Challenger? To be precise, I am more of a destroyer.

Shang looks at the chess game and swings his wooden stick downwards on it.

The green stone which the chess game was created on it, splits into two.

Shang not only destroys the chess game, he also destroys the chess table as well.

Qinghe: This…

Qinghe is surprised to see someone to solve the chess game like that.

Shang: Looks like I solve your unsolvable chess game.

Shang: So can I see him now?

10