Chapter 51 – The Unequiter
240 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang: I am back!

Shang appears a few steps before the shop doors and enters.

Xiao-wan: Welcome back!

Xiao-wan says as she walks to door area.

While she walks towards Shang, she looks behind Shang like she is checking if someone has been following him.

Shang: What’s wrong?

Shang says while looking at the same direction which Xiao-wan is looking.

Xiao-wan: Where’s your companion?

Shang: What companion?

Shang says while giving a puzzled expression.

Xiao-wan: I mean our new sister.

Shang: What new sister? I don’t remember you and Qishi having any sisters.

Xiao-wan: I mean...forget it.

Xiao-wan walks away.

Unknown to Shang, Xiao-wan heaves a sigh of relief to herself that Shang has not brought any woman. She goes upstairs to tell Qishi the happy news.

Watching Xiao-wan walks off like she is in a happy mood, Shang can only sigh and shakes his heads.

He knows what Xiao-wan is looking for and plays dumb about it.

Shang’s thoughts: If it wasn’t for the mails, I did not know I left behind so many love debts.


Achievement: 1 Unrequitee

Reward: Love-forgetting Water (Wang-qing Shui).

Makes the drinker forget all memories of the one he or she recently loves most.

One drink can only forget one person.

Can be used to remove the effects of Love-me Water and vice versa.

Changes Unrequitee item to other item depending on the relationship ranks.

This item is added to the system store.


Achievement: 5 Unrequitees

Reward: Love-me Water (Cui-qing Shui).

Makes the drinker directly falls in love with the one in front of him or her.

Can be used to remove the effects of Love-forgetting Water and vice versa.

Changes Unrequitee item to Lover item.

This item is added to the system store.


Achievement: Ah Zi’s Unrequited Romance

Reward: Unrequitee “Ah Zi” item (Limit: 1)

Timeline: Northern Song Dynasty

This item is added to the system storage.


Shang’s thoughts: I did not expect she would have feelings for me all this while when we are together.


Achievement: Qin Nanqin’s Unrequited Romance

Reward: Unrequitee “Qin Nanqin” item (Limit: 1)

Timeline: Southern Song Dynasty

This item is added to the system storage.


Shang’s thoughts: She’s a character that was supposed to be the mother of Yang Guo but the author, Jin Yong replaced her with Mu Nianci whose hand in marriage was won by Yang Kang. Nanqin first meet Guo Jing when he saved her snake-catching grandfather from being killed by guards who are under a corrupted magistrate. She has an interest in Guo Jing but Guo Jing took no notice. After Guo Jing left, she was captured and sent to Yang Kang in Ironpalm Peak as a gift. Being frustrated over not able to obtain the heart of Mu Nianci, he forced Nanqin to sleep with him. Yang Guo was conceived after that night. All of that was before the Legend of the Condor Heroes was rewritten into a novel.

When I first meet Nanqin, her family had died long ago and she is catching snakes for her own living. When I asked about the bird, Xue-niao (Bloodbird) which was also removed by the author, she said she never heard of it but she had a crimson egg that was kept as a family heirloom.

The reason I have an interest in Xue-niao is that It sounds like a little phoenix to me. It is described having a body that is entirely red all over and slightly larger than the body of a crow. It also has a long beak and gives off nice aroma. Best of all it could heal itself by bathing in flames. In exchange for the egg, I taught her martial arts and then guided her till she could survive in the martial world on her own.


Achievement: Hu Qingyang’s Unrequited Romance

Reward: Unrequitee “Hu Qingyang” item (Limit: 1)

Timeline: Yuan Dynasty

This item is added to the system storage.


Shang’s thoughts: She is the sister of the Butterfly Valley’s Immortal Doctor, Hu Qingniu. Due to humiliation, she committed suicide with her unborn baby when she found out her love, Xian Yutong has abandoned her for another woman who is the daughter of the Mount Hua Sect’s sect leader. I only managed to save Qingyang but not the unborn baby and her mental state was reduced to the mind of a six-year-old child. Knowing what will happen when Qingniu and his wife, Wang Nangu were not around, I stayed and helped to defend Butterfly Valley. Like a child, Qingyang sticks to me and I have to ask for help from her brother when I have to leave for a while. I left Butterfly Valley after she died of old age. Her last words were whether I would marry her if she grew up. I did not take her words seriously when I nodded as I know she wasn’t in the right mind.


Achievement: Qu Feiyan’s Unrequited Love
Reward: Unrequitee “Qu Feiyan” item (Limit: 1)

Timeline: Ming Dynasty

This item is added to the system storage.


Shang’s thoughts: An innocent girl who died in the hands of Mount Song Sect when she stubbornly refuses to run away without Liu Zhengfeng and Qu Yang who is his friend and her grandfather. If their brotherhood was not discovered, Liu Zhengfeng’s family and Qu Feiyan will not be killed by the Mount Song Sect who is the head of the Five Peak Sects. Qu Yang left her in my hands after deciding to disappear with Liu Zhengfeng so that his family will be safe in the hands of his sect, Mount Heng Sect of the Southern Peak. I only see her as a little sister.


Achievement: Shui Sheng’s Unrequited Romance

Reward: Unrequitee “Shui Sheng” item (Limit: 1)

Timeline: Qing Dynasty

This item is added to the system storage.


Shang’s thoughts: I saved her from Blood-saber Elder (Xue-dao Lao-zu) in the snowy mountains when I realized that if I brought main protagonist, Di Yun and his true love, Qi Fang together, something would happen to Shui Sheng without the main protagonist’s interference. I was able to get there right before her father’s friend, Hua Tiegan surrenders and sacrifices her to Blood-saber Elder. Hua Tiegan could only do because Shui Sheng’s father and his brothers-in- arms have died under the trickery of Blood-saber Elder and the only valuable thing he could use is a woman which is Shui Sheng. Similarly, I taught her to become a martial expert so that she could survive on her own before I left.

After thinking for a while, Shang looks at the shop counter where there is no one is there.

Shang’s thoughts: Now how should I explain to Nanami?

8