Chapter 54 – Xiao Bai
235 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl looks at the blade after she draws it out from its scabbard.

The blade seems to be bendable when she draws out and is shaped like a body of a snake. At the tip of the blade, there are two blue markings that looks like eyes of a snake.

The girl tries to wave the sword and the blade does not bend according to her will.

Sheathing it back into the scabbard, the girl happily walks to the shop counter with the white sword.

Feiyan: Hmm? So you have chosen your weapon of choice?

Feiyan looks up from her book and says.

Girl: Yes, this one satisfies me.

The girl shows Feiyan the white sheathed sword.

Feiyan: Whitesnake Softsword?

Feiyan’s thoughts: I remember I and my sisters have tried pull out the sword but we failed to do.

Girl: Whitesnake Softsword? No wonder the blade feels like a snake.

Feiyan: Not only that, It also houses the soul of a thousand-year-old Blue Eyes Frost Snake.

Girl: Thousand-year-old Blue Eyes Frost Snake! Then this is a demonic sword?

Feiyan: But you did not feel any demonic energy from it, Right?

The girl nods to the reply.

Feiyan: The snake is a spiritual beast, so if you merge the soul of a spiritual beast and a mortal weapon together, you will get something similar to a spiritual weapon.

Girl: I see.

Feiyan: Oh yes, there is a shop rule I forget to mention.

Girl: What rule?

Feiyan: One of our shop rules says the weapons which are sold here choose their customers. For that, I have to apologize for not mentioning to you.

Girl: Eh? This…

The girl likes the sword and does not feel like giving it up.

Girl: I am willing to pay more than its original cost.

Feiyan: Sorry, That is the shop rule. What is the use of a shop rule if we break it?

Before the girl could continue, a voice can be heard from someone coming downstairs from the second floor.

Shang: Congratulations.

Feiyan: Brother!

Feiyan says as she sees the approaching Shang.

Girl: What are the congratulations for?

The girl asks.

Shang: I congratulate you for getting a sword you wanted.

Girl: But the shopkeeper says…

The girl points at Feiyan.

Shang: Oh? Looks like you are mistaken.

Girl: Mistaken?

Shang: Feiyan is not the shopkeeper. She is the shop assistant and the shopkeeper is right here.

Shang points at himself.

Girl: You are the shopkeeper?

Shang: That’s correct. Our shop rules indeed mentioned the weapons here choose their owners, so what do you think I am congratulating you for?

The girl does not answer as she is thinking to herself for a while.

Girl’s thoughts: Why did the shopkeeper congratulate me? It means…

The girl looks at the white sheathed sword and then looks at Shang.

Girl: The sword has chosen me!?

Shang: Correct.

The girl could jump for joy but she keeps her composure as she remembers not to act unladylike.

Girl: So how much it cost?

Shang: One middle-class spiritual stone.

Girl: One middle-class spiritual stone!? Shopkeeper, isn’t that too cheap?

Spiritual weapons are normally sold for more than a hundred middle-class spiritual stones and the prices could go up to more than one or two high-class spiritual stones.

Shang: The price is indeed cheap. The reason I sold it cheap is that the soul of the frost snake is untamed.

Girl: Untamed? Like spiritual swords?

Shang nods.

Girl: I see

The girl looks at the white sword.

Shang: So have you chosen a name for it?

Girl: Name?

The girl looks up from the sword.

Shang: The snake that houses your sword has no name. It would be good to give it a name.

Girl: Name…

The girl draws out the sword and looks at the blade.

Girl: I decided to call you Xiao Bai. What do you think?

The sword vibrates back in response and the girl's eyes show joy in them.

9