Chapter 87 – Treasure Goblin
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Above the Waypoint of Halls of Agony Level 2, the appearance of Shang who is using the Wizard’s magic, Ice Armor, to cool himself down.

Shang’s thought: I never thought it will be that hot.

Shang is not distracted by the intense heat from the hell fire as the smell of burning flesh warns him to tread carefully.

The Halls of Agony should have closed down with only the dead walking around when the Mad King Leoric is killed before he becomes the Skeleton King. It seems someone has opened it and started its usual business.

Shang’s thoughts: The Dark Coven…

Shang peeks from a hidden corner as he watches a group of cultist dragged an unfortunate chained captive to another torture room.

As Shang sneaks past the guards using the Demon Hunter’s shadow magic, he can hear the pleas and cries of mercy as he goes past the doors which are slightly left open.

With his current strength, Shang could bring down the two levels of Halls of Agony to ground level but he did not do so as the Halls of Agony are one of the Nephalem’s trials. By going through it, the Nephalem would know what happen if they don’t defeat Diablo. A scene of Halls of Agony serves as a good example if Diablo is not defeated.

Having reaching a door of another torture room, Shang hears a familiar laughing sound which he likes when he was playing Diablo III.

It is the laughter of a treasure goblin.

Shang is not surprised to find one here as the cultists here have no use for gold from their tortured victims and if the victims have their clothing torn, there should be some gold lying around but Shang did not see a single piece of it lying around. Someone has been busy collecting them and that would be a treasure goblin.

Shang quietly opens the door of the torture room and sees a treasure goblin who is making sounds while counting his pieces of gold.

He then closes the door and sneaks towards the treasure goblin from behind.

Before the treasure goblin can notice Shang’s reflection from the piece of gold it is holding, its legs are frozen on the spot by magic. The goblin panics and tries to break the ice by scratching it with its bare nails.

The ice is too hard to break that the goblin lost its nails from scratching.

As a last attempt, the goblin throws its bags of gold and items at the approaching Shang while shrieking out loud to nearby allies for help. Shang smiles as he slowly walks towards the goblin while catching the bags which are thrown at him.

The goblin does not know that Shang has shut the door, turning the torture room into a soundproof room.

Realizing its actions are futile after a while, the goblin finally gives up and covers its eyes with its hands, hoping the killer would just end its life.

A few minutes later, the goblin feels being pat on the head by someone twice and it uncovers its eyes.

Shang takes the spot of the treasure bags by sitting and is now face to face with the goblin.

Shang: My dear treasure goblin, it seems fate has finally brought us together.

Shang smiles grimly that the goblin faints on the spot by standing, foaming from its mouth.

Shang: Am I that scary?

2