Chapter 89 – Nothing can stop the Horadrim!
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang’s thoughts: Koureijutsu…

Shang touches the ground once he manages to find a location where he can hide from the guards of the Warden who is the head jailer of King Leoric. It is strange that Queen Asylla did not greet him like she did with The Nephalem when they entered the Cursed Hold in the game.

Through the memories he obtains using the jutsu, Shang makes his way to the cell where Queen Asylla is imprisoned.

Along the way, Shang hears a conversation between the guards.

Guard #1: Did you notice something?

Guard #2: What?

Guard #1: Those spirits are making a commotion again.

Guard #2: Don’t they always do?

Guard #1: This is worse than the usual.

Guard #2: Ignore it. The head jailer will tell us what to do if it goes out of control.

Guard #1: Can’t we just go and check it out?

Guard #2: Don’t even try. The guard before you came along tried to do the same thing as you wanted to. Guess what happen to him?

Guard #1: What happen to him?

Guard #2: The head jailer smashed his head for slacking.

Guard #1: …. I will just stick to my job.

Guard #2: Wise decision.

Reaching his destination after overhearing, Shang enters the Queen Asylla’s cell room.

Shang’s thoughts: Looks like she isn’t here.

Shang looks around and finds a book lying beside her bed.

As he picks up and flips the pages to read, he hears a female voice.

????: Excuse me, mister adventurer. Do you know it is rude to to enter a lady's room and read her journal?

Turning around, Shang now faces the headless ghost of Queen Asylla who is holding her head up with one of her hand.

Shang: Finally, I thought I will never find you.

Asylla: You know who am I? Who sent you? Was it Lachdanan?

Lachdanan was the captain of King Leoric's army and one of the people who took part in taking King Leoric down before being cursed into a Blood Knight. There is an unexplained connection between him and Asylla when his shield is found in an hidden room behind the walls of the Royal Quarters’ royal bedroom.

Shang: Why Lachdanan? Shouldn’t you have more trust in your sons or others?

Shang is curious about the connection between them.

Asylla: No man is more loyal to us than Lachdanan. Lachdanan was the only man our family rely on when we came to Tristram from Kehjistan. Was it him who sent you?

Shang: I am sorry that I am not and you probably will not want to hear about what have happened to him.

Asylla: I see, so even Lachdanan has fallen. It is a matter of time my sons will fall in line.

Shang: Err… About that…

Shang summarizes the events of Diablo II to Asylla.

Asylla: Even my sons… Has the Light abandon us?

Asylla says with tears streaming from her head.

Shang: The Light did not abandon you.

Shang says as he pities the crying woman.

Asylla: Why do you say so?

Shang: Aidan had a daughter. Do you want to see her?

Asylla: What? Aidan had a daughter?

Asylla looks at Shang with a glint of hope in her eyes.

Shang: Of course. You can see her if you come with me.

Asylla: But my servants and the curse...

Shang: Oh yeah.

Shang's thoughts: I totally forgot the Warden has the power to prevent the spirits from leaving the Cursed Hold.

Shang: But nothing can stop the Horadrim!

2