Chapter 92 – Deckard’s Request
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moving away from the scene where Eamon is being lectured by Asylla, Shang was lead out of the hidden cellar by Cain.

Shang: What is it, Deckard?

Cain normally does not mind speaking out his plans among his allies but his actions tells Shang this is a private matter that not even his allies could help him with.

Cain: With Asylla here, most of our plan will be complete. Am I right?

Shang: Yeah.

Cain: In that case, I would want to make another one in case this plan fails.

Shang: Huh?

Shang’s thoughts: Deckard wants to be one of them? It is indeed better if Deckard joins the party but the question is the whereabouts of Deckard’s soul go after he died. It is strange that he did not come back as a spirit even when the two realms almost became one when Malthael attacked Westmarch. There are various fan theories saying that Deckard’s soul might have resided inside Tyrael’s sword after he died, using the last of his magic to restore it.

Shang: Err… Deckard, I don’t think it is possible for you to become one of them.

Cain: Shouldn’t it possible to do it with the soulstone theoretically ?

Shang: There is another condition if you did not notice. The spirit must have a very strong attachment to this realm so that he or she will not enter spirit realm that easily. One example would be Chancellor Eamon. Even after he died, he continues to prevent grave robbers from taking the crown of King Leoric.

Cain: Strong attachment to this realm…

Shang’s thoughts: The only strong attachment that Deckard would have would be his family but they are dead and Belial later turned his family grief against him, causing him to lose the strong attachment he had to his family. Leah could be server as a strong attachment but from the way how Deckard keep her background a secret for years, I don’t think she could serve as one.

Cain: In that case, wouldn’t Leah be the one I would have strong attachment?

Shang: Deckard, do you think that is possible? I believe you kept your distance from Leah after you find out that her mother is once part of that horrible Dark Coven.

Cain:... Your magic.

Shang: My magic?

Cain:... Your magic is not of this world, am I right?

Shang: Didn’t I mention I learn them from a magician from Xiansai region?

Cain: You don’t have to lie to me. Not even arcane magicians from Xiansai regions have the power to seal spirits like you do. I even asked Li-ming about it.

Shang’s thoughts: I totally forgot Li-ming is from the Xiansai region. Does that mean my false identity as one of the Xian is blown?

Cain: If you are worried about your false identity, I can ensure you that Li-ming does not know about it as she believes you might have come from one of the Great Families whose magic are not recorded in the libraries of Yshari Sanctum.

Cain says, noticing the change in Shang’s facial expression.

Shang: Deckard, I…

Cain: There is no need to explain. I only want to know whether if your magic could make it possible.

Shang: It is possible but the risks...

Cain: Just do it then. I know you can do something about the risks.

Cain flared up.

Shang: Deckard…

Cain immediately realizes he lost control of his emotions and calms down.

Cain: Sorry, Shang. I was depesrate. We will speak about this later.

Cain walks away.

2