Chapter 97 – There is no such thing as fan service
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gravestones are the only ones that Shang sees as he moves closer towards Eucliwood. There are bodies of cultists and khazra which are riddled with white spikes and remains of skeleton shieldmen whose equipment are riddled with holes. All of these hinted Shang the result if he is within the range of Eucliwood.

Shang’s thoughts: Looks like the level of difficulty has increased.

Shang thinks as he looks around for ways to get to Eucliwood.

There are three ideas that Shang has thought of.

The first of them would be using the form Epiphany and knock out Eucliwood like he did with Li-ming.

Before he does that, Shang decides on an experiment with several arrows and a crossbow.

Shang fires an arrow at the leg of the dark figure and a bone pillar rises to block it.

Shang’s thoughts: Hmm…

Shang loads the crossbow with several arrows.

Random shots are fired from the crossbow and instead of bone pillars, bones from the surrounding corpses flew towards Eucliwood, encasing her with layers of bones.

Shang’s thoughts: Bone Armor…then how about this?

Shang unloads the normal arrows and loads several Immolation Arrows before firing again.

One arrow explodes upon hitting the newly risen bone pillar while the others reached Eucliwood, exploding and immolating the bone-encased Eucliwood.

Eucliwood shows no signs of flinching from immolation when her bone armor is broken and caught on fire.

Shang’s thoughts: Absorption? No… I remember the developers have changed Bone armor’s special modifier from Absorption to Soul Harvest. Unless…

Bones start sprouting and flying from the ground and the surrounding corpses, repairing the bone armor.

Shang’s thoughts: Oi, Oi, this is completely cheating. Bone Armor that has both special modifiers from absorption and soul harvest… How am I going to beat that?

An idea pops up in Shang’s mind.

Shang’s thoughts: Should I use the Delivery Shot technique (Ya Qiang)?

Ya Qiang which is also known as Delivery Gun or Escort Gun, is mentioned in the novel and anime known as King’s Avatar. It is a gun technique where one could send something or someone to a desired location via continuous firing. One of the requirements for this technique would be either having long range weaponry that has knockback effects or a job class that applies the mentioned effect. Another requirement would be having a precise aim so that one could keep one’s airborne enemy moving via continuous firing.

In the mentioned novel, a player whose real name is Zhou Zekai, managed to keep his enemy flying up with the same technique till his health bar runs out.

Shang’s thoughts: Namu sanbou, Eucliwood.

Shang stores the held crossbow and takes out a two-handed crossbow, loading it with blunt-headed Exploding Arrows.

After that, there is no need to explain what has happened. (Skipping a few hundred words.)

In one of the empty dens on the Field of Misery...

No fire is lit and Eucliwood wakes up with a blanket covering her entire body.

As she sits up, the fallen blanket reveals her toplessness which is covered by her long white hair.

It is shivering cold air that makes her realize she is not wearing anything.

Embarrassed, Eucliwood pulls the blanket to cover herself and looks around, hoping no one has seen that.

Near the entrance of the den, she finds Shang sitting and asleep while keeping watch over her.

Not wanting to wake him up, Eucliwood lays down, facing Shang before closing her eyes.

2