HSA: Kurama’s Obsession [Part B]
416 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rookies' Outing


Soft lips brushed across Hinata's temple, leaving sweet tender kisses in their wake, and part of her wanted to turn and respond, but mostly she wanted to stay asleep. The princess moaned and burrowed into her pillow.

"Hey, sleepyhead, we're going to be late." Naruto poked her cheek.

Hinata forced her eyes open — the word "late" being the primary incentive; she didn't like being late. Though, that didn't change the fact it felt like she was only sleeping for a few minutes.

Despite the sex-inflicted weariness, the princess worked out a plan to reconvene with Naruto, and then made her way home... underwear-less. He said it was a minor extension to her punishment — how embarrassing. She just hoped that old merchant hadn't forgotten to mention any sorts of black magic placed on the garment, which took effect upon its destruction.

As tired as Hinata was, it only took her a few minutes to get home. The evening's breeze was quite refreshing.

She was thankful to her father. The man hadn't harassed her and ruined the afterglow from the lovemaking she had worked so hard to achieve — and with that, she was able to revel in it while she showered.

Kuwashima didn't question her, either. The woman was merely glad to see that the smile she adored so much hadn't faded from the heiress's lips. "You look lovely, dear," she said warmly — as a mother would — cupping the sides of the bow on the girl's dress with a light tug.

"Thank you." Hinata blushed, a reflection of Naruto's impending compliment.

"If you are looking for your father, try the front pouch."

The princess felt a prick of panic, and the woman noted the bitter spasm from the fleeting lines that creased her forehead.

"It's okay, love." she cupped the girl's face, reassurance shimmering in her eyes. "Go and enjoy yourself."

Hinata nodded, still a tad anxious.

She went outside to find Naruto standing shyly in the courtyard, smiling awkwardly at Hiashi who stood on the porch, his eyes burning with an outrageous sea of expressions.

But those dark, solemn eyes softened when he saw her. "You look beautiful, Hinata." his words were true.

For a moment, the princess was shocked, but then she glimpsed Hanabi by his side. The girl must have explained their outing to him, but that didn't explain why he was so calm and willing to let them go — his confrontation with Naruto must had really changed him.

"Thanks, dad." Hinata beamed up at him, and then pattered down the flight of wooden stairs. Hanabi followed blissfully.

Dad, Hiashi thought mentally with a smile. It has been a while since she last used that word — she really must be happy. Take good care of my daughters, Uzumaki Naruto.

Our hero felt the man's words through a spark of masculine warrior-spirit, and he inclined his head in a silent oath, grinning as the girls scuttled toward him.

Beneath an open, pale white cardigan, Hinata wore a simple black, strapless dress with a great big bow on the torso and, on her feet, she wore slippers — nothing extravagant to stand out amongst her friends, he imagined.

Hanabi wore a dress, too, a much shorter one, with frills and a cascading bow at the back. With silky, knee-length stockings and neat shoes, the girl looked like a classy foreign shinobi preparing to head out onto the battlefield. But she looked adorable, and he was sure Konohamaru would be impressed — heck, he'd probably be blown away.

Hinata could already feel the magnetism — the overwhelming attraction she and Naruto held for one another. With each step closer she got to him, the knots her insides had made of itself tightened. Would these responses ever lighten?

Naruto had a look of wonder on his face, as though he hadn't seen her in centuries. When she halted a few feet away from him, he grinned a wide white-toothed smile at her, and she almost literally dissolved into the ground.

He was casually presented in an orange t-shirt under a white and black version of his jacket along with orange shorts. And, of course, on his forehead was his white headband. He looked handsome, or maybe "cool" was a more appropriate word.

"Good evening." he was crisply polite, looking at them both with his famous grin.

"Hi." Hanabi was thrilled to see their savior.

Hinata's cheeks brightened, her afterglow needing another recharge. "Good evening. Naruto-kun's early again."

He found himself getting lost in her eyes, her body kissed by the golden glow of the retiring sun. "Of course, and we should get to the restaurant early, too."

"Then, let's get going — we should eventually run into Konohamaru-kun along the way." Hanabi marched happily ahead.

"Hn! Let's go!" Hinata made her way to Naruto's side, and then they both sauntered off together.


Tap! Naruto's feet hit the tiled roof of a building as he — along with Hinata and Hanabi — quickly leaped along the rooftops to their destination. With time no longer on their side, they hadn't the privilege to stroll and converse as they would've liked.

Tap! He soared into the air again, studying the state of his home as he did. Sitting in the broken town were hundreds — no, thousands of tends, most presumably belonging to the construction workers that had traveled from other villages to aid in the fallen metropolis's restoration.

He missed the many bright lights that once illuminate this great sanctuary. Now there were only the glow of lanterns flickering inside tends and along the rock-strewn ground of their streets.

Naruto blew out a breath and allowed his shoulders to sag as they landed in a quiet alley leading out into to the open street. There were no more buildings to pounce on, but the restaurant was less than a click away.

"We're almost there," Hanabi announced with glee, a festive bounce in her strides as she led the way. Someone was anxious to see Konohamaru again.

"And just in the nick of time, too," Naruto added.

"Hn. The sun is just about to set." Hinata matched the pace of his steady strides, tempted to take a hold of his fingers.

They came across a group of men, presumably construction workers, sitting atop tall stacks of timber, drinking sake and laughing boisterously with one another. Females who participated in the daily cooking for the proud veterans were also having their own private get-together. They shared recipes and gossips with each other, most preferring to spend their evening with the men rather than with their own gender.

Overall, it would seem Naruto wasn't the only one with the idea for a party tonight.

As the gang broke from the alley onto the busy streets, there was a moment of awkward silence — people ceased all conversations and transactions to cast the party a glance, and whispers and chatter suddenly erupted in the scanty market.

"Isn't that Uzumaki Naruto?"

"Yeah, he's our hero!"

"He's such a hottie," a trio of girls giggled before scurrying off.

"Hyuga Hinata's with him, too... I heard they may be together."

"Well, I wish she were my girl," a guy thought aloud.

"Like such a beaut would be interested in a guy like you," his friend teased with a titter.

The gang pulled together, looking around nervously, as if were treading in uncharted land swarming with carnivorous beasts looking for an opportunity to pounce.

"Looks like you guys become celebrities overnight," Hanabi murmured, her eyes still doing a thorough sweep of the area.

Naruto tousled the back of his hair and grinned shyly while Hinata blushed, instinctively meddling with her fingers at the wave of eyes that locked onto them.

"Naruto," a vendor called from the left, drawing their attention to the many fresh fruits and vegetables that made up her merchandise. The woman smiled. "Have some fruit — it's on the house!"

"Of course, your friends are welcome to help themselves, too," another woman called from their right.

"Eh?" Naruto was dumbfounded.

Vendors from all around smiled warmly. "It's the least we can do as thanks for all you've done."

"Oh, he's a celebrity, alright," Hanabi murmured, poker-faced.

Hinata blushed, her nervousness seeming to deteriorate Naruto's composure in turn.

"That's really kind of you guys," he said, pushing the girls along, "but we're kinda in a hurry. Maybe another time." his chuckle was awkward.

"Don't sweat it, you guys; protecting the village has always been his solemn duty," Hanabi announced despite the rush.

The vendors watched as they scooted off through the curious crowd, thankful for the blessed child they had taken far too much for granted. "They're very good kids."

"He's grown up, that Uzumaki Naruto," a man mused.

"It feels like just yesterday that I was chasing after him for painting graffiti on my store," another man commented.

"And now, instead of vandalizing, he's protecting us all," vendor number one stated.

"Protecting and rebuilding," vendor number two mended. "A costumer told me she saw hundreds of his clones helping out east of the village."

The woman responded with a grateful smile. "The child we thought was a monster was really just a miracle in disguise — we only needed time to see that."

"He's here," Hanabi said all of a sudden, stopping in her tracks.

"Huh? Who's here?" Naruto frowned his question.

"Naruto-niichan," Konohamaru drawled his name in a comical wail as he rounded a corner.

"K-Konohamaru!"

The perturbed teenager rushed up to him and clasped his open jacket, teary-eyed. "How could you do that... how could you runaway and leave your apprentice behind like that?"

Naruto chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. "My bad, my bad."

That's right, Hinata thought mentally, looking up at the memory. We did take off and leave them behind. Hanabi never did tell me what happened afterwards.

"Konohamaru-kun," a sweet and familiar voice rose behind him.

In an instant, he released Naruto and his mood shifted. He turned around to face her. "Ha-Hanabi-chan," he said, nervously scratching his cheek with an index finger as he looked her over, enchanted. "You look... amazing."

...

A defiant blushed heated her cheek, and then she closed her eyes, bopping him atop the head.

"Ouch," he exclaimed, addled. "Whaddya do that for?"

"Just because," she replied curtly, smiling inwardly.

"What's your problem?" Konohamaru wasn't satisfied, and they suddenly exploded into a gray, fluffy cloud of punching and kicking — a skirmish, as if with cats and dogs.

Spectators, Naruto and Hinata watched from the sidelines, poker-faced. "More fireworks," he tittered as his poor apprentice got his tail whipped.

"I think I may know why Hanabi reacts this way," Hinata announced softly, winning Naruto's undivided attention. "Because she was forced to spend so much of her time training, she didn't get the opportunity to socialize as much with her peers. So she sometimes has trouble dealing with her emotions, which is why she behaves this way whenever Konohamaru gives her a compliment."

"Oh, then she's just embarrassed?"

"Hn."

Naruto looked on in amazement. "I guess that could be the reason."

"Hey, honey," a group of three guys — obviously troublemakers — approached Hanabi and Konohamaru. "Why don't you send your brother home and play with us, instead."

The couple ceased their banter, unenthused, and the other three delinquents chuckled mischievously, intent burning in their dark eyes.

Men enjoy a good challenge, and one of the most exciting challenges was to woo a girl and entirely lay claim to her heart — there was a tremendous sense of accomplishment and pleasure to be had from such a feat.

"Hey, baby," the fourth guy — the leader of the gang — approached Hinata and Naruto. "Why don't you ditch this loser and hang out with a real guy?"

But, most times, that wasn't enough; some men instinctively and impulsively endeavor to win over girls from other men, which is another level of challenge to the masculine hunt. And the challenge was even more extraordinary, more exhilarating, if the challenge was to take the village hero's girl.

Naruto stood silent, his expression passive.

"Let go," Hinata demanded, struggling as the brute took a hold of her wrist, pulling her toward him.

A muscle worked in our knight's jaw. "Have you ever had your arm broken," he asked in a slow, husky tone, radiating thermonuclear hostility.

The shinobi leaped backwards, as if to dodge molten lava that had just expelled from an erupting volcano. "Hey, guys, it looks like this nobody wants to pick a fight with us."

"Na-Naruto-kun," Hinata whispered worryingly, but then she realized behind his passive eyes was a flame of sheer resolution.

"Go and stand by Konohamaru and Hanabi," he instructed calmly. "I'll take care of this."

The princess did what she was told, but grew even more concerned when the gang formed a circle around her outnumbered prince.

"Yo, Nowaki," one of the boys said nervously, breaking out into a sweat. "I think you might have bitten off a little more than you can chew this time!"

"He's right," another one agreed. "Isn't this Uzumaki Naruto?"

"Uzumaki Naruto," the third delinquent said questioningly. "Isn't that like the guy who singlehandedly protected the village?"

"Don't sweat it, you guys," Nowaki said, lifting the tension that had paralyzed his friends. "This guy's a fraud!"

"A fraud?"

"Yeah," the presumptuous leader grinned. "I heard he told everyone not to intervene in the fight against Pain. Who's to say he didn't have external help out there and, in reality, he's just a big joke."

Naruto held his head down in his struggle to keep his fury in check, eyes veiled in darkness, the valve sealing his adrenaline set to open. But the bad guys misinterpreted his gesture and lunged forward on the offensive.

Instantaneously, the valve slid open and there a burst of energy, but it wasn't adrenaline that coursed through his veins. It was a more potent and less familiar power — the Kyuubi. It felt just like when he was fighting Hiashi.

Time seemed to slow to this moment — or rather; Naruto's sudden acceleration made the flow of time appeared sluggish. With a nimble sidestep, he retaliated to Nowaki's assault with a jab/hook combo.

When time righted itself again, four shinobis fell to the ground. Naruto exhaled deeply, simultaneously outstretching his arms, relinquishing his form.

"AWESOME!" Konohamaru and Hanabi exclaimed in unison, looking up at Naruto with stars in their eyes and a arch in their back.

Hinata, on the other hand, blew out a sigh of relief, a hand resting gently on her chest.

"There's no time for celebrating," Naruto said censoriously. "We're late!"

"Oh, no," the princess exclaimed. Hanabi and Konohamaru shared her dismay.

With no more time for delays, they took off together, leaving the delinquents with their faces planted in the dirt.


"Naruto," Kiba drawled, his tone thick with derision. "Think you could've been any earlier? You had us waiting."

"But, Kiba, we only just got in because you—"

He quickly rose to his feet and held Chouji from behind in a throat-hold, covering his mouth.

Ino sighed. "We actually just got inside because dog-boy here and the manager were in an argument about taking Akamaru into the store."

Naruto chuckled mockingly, and Kiba snarled, plopping down onto his cushion with folded arms. Round one was a horrible failure.

"Kiba-kun, Akamaru... I'm sorry." Hinata's voice was slightly above a whisper as she spoke behind the cover of Naruto's sleeve, her eyes gleaming with sympathy.

"Hinata..."

Shino frowned behind his shades. "Hinata, there's no need to apologize. Why? Because he's had the same argument with this manager before."

Kiba leaned forward across the table so that he could take a fistful of the creep. "You bastard! How could you betray me like that — we're on the same team!"

"You're right. But that doesn't mean I have to play along with your shenanigans."

Shikamaru signed, propping his chin in one hand, the elbow braced on the table. "How troublesome. The manager allowed us to join our tables so we could eat together, and you guys repay him by fighting and making a scene."

Everyone fell silent, and Kiba slowly released his teammate, slumping onto his cushion and averting his gaze.

Naruto heaved a rueful smile. "I'm sure everyone's just in a bad mood because we're all hungry. So how about we get started?"

Chouji let out an ecstatic hoot, practically salivating at the thought of all he'd planned to consume. "Finally, we can eat!"

Shikamaru smiled, and Ino blushed in embarrassment.

"Chouji, how about you handle ordering the food," Naruto suggested.

The giddy epicure wipes away his drool. "How does a collection of different meat over rice sound?"

"Chouji," Sakura roared. "Some of us are concerned about our waistline, you know!"

"Oh, com'on, Sakura," Ten-Ten coaxed. "Just this one time..."

Ino nodded in agreement. "With all we've been through, I think we deserve this. Besides, with all the work we have to do, we'll lose the extra calories in no time."

Sakura conceded with a sigh. "You know, girls shouldn't gang up on each other like that."

They shared a laugh.

"It's decided then." Chouji began drooling again, and he raised a hand into the air. "Nee-chan, we need a mountain of meat over here!"

Everyone ducked their heads in embarrassment as other customers glared their way, but Ino spared no delay in punching the overweight shinobi atop the head. "Control yourself!"

"That hurts!"

Hanabi giggled. "Naruto-oniichan… your friends are definitely funnier than Konohamaru-kun's."

"That girl..." Ino muttered, noting her eyes. Everyone began noting her eyes now, mentally connecting the lines of revelation.

"Oh, everyone... let me introduce you," Naruto said taking the initiative, allowing the girl to make her way to the forefront. "This is Hanabi — Hinata's younger sister and... Konohamaru's girlfriend."

The couple blushed, shying away from the sharp gazes.

"...Hinata had a sister?" Sakura was shocked.

"His girlfriend!" Ten-Ten was equally shocked.

"OH! Konohamaru-kun!" Lee shouted passionately, standing with a sturdy salute. "I envy you, but you have my best regards!"

"What! This snot-nosed brat has a girlfriend?" Kiba was overwhelmed with more jealousy than shock.

"That snot-nosed brat is Sarutobi-sensei's nephew, and he defeated one of Pain's bodies all by himself." Shikamaru countercharged was even more effective when he presented it so calmly.

"...He defeated one of them?" Now Kiba was shocked.

Konohamaru grinned in the spotlight. "Yeah, using the Rasengan."

Shock. Shocked faces everywhere...

"Y-You can pull off the Rasengan?" Kiba's jealously rooted deeper.

"Yeah, both Konohamaru and Hinata can use the Rasengan," Naruto informed with a placid smile.

Shock. Even more shocked faces everywhere...

Neji felt his eyes widen. Hinata-sama can now use that move?

For an instant, Sakura felt that she needed to learn the Chidori, to become even — a stupid and irrational analogy that was laid to waste the moment it was conceived.

Naruto and Hinata took a seat at the end of the table, while Konohamaru and Hanabi sat adjacent to them.

"Naruto-kun," Lee said crisply, practically squirming in emotional pain. "I'm so envious! In such little time, you transcended from being the village hero to being in a relationship, and now you're even an instructor."

"That's certainly impressive." Sai publicized his freaky smile.

Naruto, just how much have you grown since Jiraiya passed away?Sakura's eyes were sad and enigmatic.

"Hinata, how about sparring with Shino and me, maybe tomorrow?" Kiba's eyes were wide with excited expectation.

The princess frowned a little, looking from her trusted teammate to her handsome white knight.

Naruto nodded. One of the primary reasons why he arranged this get-to-together was because he and Hinata had become far too scarce. He was taking her away from their friends, and it was only a matter of time before it became a major deal.

"Naruto, once I learn how to perfectly counter the Rasengan, I'll challenge you to showdown, just you and me." Kiba smirked, as if he was already certain of his victory.

"You're on," Naruto accepted.

Ten-Ten sighed. "Boys."

"Boys will be boys," Ino added, staring at Naruto with a rather amused gleam in her eyes.

In time, the waitress came over and took their tables' order. Chouji's demands were so ridiculously extravagant that everyone felt the burn in their wallets before the bill was even printed. The plan was for the bill to be equally divided between everyone.

Time passed — and despite their new acquaintance — everyone settled into an atmosphere that only years of friendship could forge. They shared fun stories from their childhood and the strangest occurrences that ever took place during their missions.

Naruto couldn't help but mention how humiliating it was when Kakashi struck him in the rear with his One Thousand Years of Death technique during their bell test.

Ino smiled as he grinned and tousled his hair in embarrassment. He was adorable and so very different from Sai. He was warm, open, physical, very physical, too physical, with Hinata. They could barely keep their hands off each other — to be honest it was embarrassing — and Ino was pea-green with envy.

Time flitted by without remorse and, soon, four waitresses came by the table bearing their impressive order. One woman brought two trays in either hand with bowls containing rice. Another brought the large container within which the excess rice was kept. The third woman brought another two trays with their beverages — water, tea, natural juices, and the final had a massive bowl containing strips of meat to be grilled.

Despite the amount of food brought to the table, the waitresses still had to make another round trip. This time, they brought pork, beef, stake, and chicken legs. Of course, Hinata demanded that they added fruits and vegetables to the list.

This was a grand feast, and people looked on in astonishment, but that didn't stop Chouji. He dominated one of the three coal stoves without hesitation, laying out his meat along the grill as though he were spreading out his clothes to dry.

Ino glowered at him, but then her anger dispersed as she hatched a most delicious scheme. "Hey, guys... since Chouji eat far more than any of us do, why don't we allow him to handle majority of the bill?"

Everyone's faces lit up with appeal but, of course, Chouji's didn't. "Eh?" he exclaimed, mortified. "You guys can't be serious..."

"Relax — we're just pulling your leg, Chouji," Shikamaru appeased. "But, you need to remember the reason why we're here is to thank Naruto for risking it all to save our hides."

"I'm sorry, you guys," he bowed his head apologetically.

"I'll contribute toward the bill," a stranger offered politely, standing at his table across the room to make himself seen.

Needless to say, the gang was surprised.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation," the shinobi continued. "You're Uzumaki Naruto, aren't you?"

Our hero nodded.

The man bowed his head suddenly, arms steady set at his sides as if he were addressing his superior officer in the military. "Thank you very much!"

Now the gang was even more surprised.

"You see, my fiancée had been killed in the raid, but you brought her back to me, Naruto-san. Helping with your bill can't begin to express the full extent of my gratitude to you."

"Naruto, you brought back my daughter!" A second man announced.

"You brought back my son!" A third one wailed.

"I heard my entire family had been killed by Pain," a fourth stepped forward with his wallet.

"Naruto, you saved us all," a woman uttered warmly.

"We'll all help with the bill!"

"Uzumaki Naruto," the manager asked rhetorically, coaxed from the room behind the counter in all the excitement. "Why didn't you say so from the beginning? The food's on the house, kid. It's really the least I could do after a whole bunch of your twin brothers helped to rebuild my restaurant. Without your help, I'd be out of business for at least another three weeks."

"Told you he's a celebrity," Hanabi murmured to Konohamaru.

Naruto stood, looking around the room to all the grateful souls that focused their eyes upon him. The contrast between now and a few years ago were immense. The emotional revelation rendered his throat dry. "I...I don't know what to say..."

Bearing an empathic smile, Hinata passed him a glass of water. He took a few sips, moistening his throat. Then she passed him a glass of orange juice, which he held up high, followed by a moment of silence. "First. I'd like to say I'm sorry — I'm sorry I didn't make it back in time to prevent the village from meeting such a tragic fate. And I'm sorry that people had to die, even if they were brought back to life; no one deserves to endure the grief of a fallen loved one.

But, despite all that's happened, we're still standing tall and firm. They can destroy the earth, the trees, and our homes, but they can never destroy the Will of Fire that burns within us all. Let's all continue forward and rebuild our village — and I promise... I'll become stronger, to help prevent something like this from ever happening again."

"Kampai!" Lee raised his glass of energy drink. "And, Naruto-kun, I'll get stronger, too!"

"Me three," Konohamaru pushed to his feet with his glass of milk.

Kiba followed suit. "We're gonna train hard and show Naruto we're the best once and for all, right Akamaru?"

The massive canine let out a confident woof, and the rest of the gang raised their glass and heaved smiles and grins of acknowledgment. They, too, would practice their craft and boost their power.

"And us, too," the soon-to-be-wed shinobi and his pals raised their glass. "We'll get stronger and defend our loved ones with our own two hands."

"Let's all eat to that!" Naruto announced with ardent glee.

"YEAH! Itadakimasu!" Everyone shouted in unison, and then began eating and drinking as if there was no tomorrow — celebrating their new beginning and refreshed conviction.

Fueled by the Will of Fire, passion, and gratitude — whether friend, acquaintance, or stranger — everyone joined in the festivities. Chouji was the first to refill his bowl of rice and partake of everything their order had consisted of, but Ino made him aware that while the food was free, its supply was limited. That restored his conscience.

With prolonged laughter and gentle nudges, the older shinobi tried to coax Naruto into having a sip of sake, but he defended his innocence with the fact that he hadn't reached the age of consent yet.

Pouting cutely, Hinata looked on nervously — she didn't want these men to tease and influence her knight with such unhealthy habits. Veggies were what he really needed.

And your vagina, her inner goddess added with a lewd grin.

Hinata died.

But, dressed in a white top and her hakama skirt, her subconscious extracted vengeance by whacking the naughty chibi goddess atop the head with a bamboo sword labeled "discipline".

Kiba watched Hinata discreetly — watched how bright enchanting eyes gleamed below the cut of her dark blue bangs. How her cheeks flushed and her lips puckered up in a prim manner. She was incredibly beautiful, but why was he only now seeing her in this new and radiant light?

She blinked rapidly and flushed a bright hue has Naruto met her gaze. Kiba noted how her chest heaved, his eyes momentarily drawing to ripe and forbidden regions. But as much as he was now aware of his attraction, it was already far too late to get a shot in. The other guys knew the truth of this, as well. But there are those who might succumb to temptation.

Would he also walk into this insidious trap?

"Hey, everyone," Konohamaru won their attention, his voice small and playful. "Before it's too late, how about having an eating competition?"

"Competition?" Sakura didn't seem enthused — neither one of the girls were.

Chouji hooted as though he had just struck gold in a mining shaft. "Sounds like my kinda competition; count me in!"

Ino sighed and shook her head, face-palmed.

"Sounds like fun," Naruto mused.

"Then I'll participate, too — just to beat Naruto." Kiba grinned confidently.

"I will also take part," Shino declared, almost robotically. "Why? Because I, too, am relatively competitive."

Sai heaved that awkward smile for which he was famous. "I suppose I should also join, then — to be fair."

"I'll referee," Shikamaru murmured wearily, cunningly avoiding yet another troublesome situation.

Of course, since Konohamaru was the one who suggested it, he, too, agreed to participate and Hanabi decided to accompany him. But on the grounds that his nonchalant reputation would be sullied, Neji humbly declined to take part.

Neji... Ten-Ten beamed. Of course, he wouldn't allow himself to get caught up in something so childish.

"Neji!" Disappointment echoed in Lee's voice. "This test is just another byproduct of the Springtime of Youth; let's represent Team Gai and win!"

The Jounin frowned, one brow twitching in exasperation."Hell no! Participate, if you'd like, but I'm not interested."

"Neji-niisan," Hanabi also opted to persuade. "That's no fun."

"Com'on, Neji," Kiba teased. "Don't tell me you've got cold feet."

"I won't participate," he insisted.

"Neji-niisan," Hinata whispered worryingly, troubled by his discomfort.

Hanabi smirked as a scheme rippled in her mind. "Well, I guess if you're not going to participate, then you wouldn't mind my telling everyone about that."

The young Jounin's face quirked with disbelief. "You wouldn't..."

Hanabi calmly sucked in a breath as Konohamaru uttered her name inquisitively. "So a few weeks ago, while Neji-niisan was taking a nap—"

"Okay!" he surrendered regretfully, annoyed. "I'll participate."

Hanabi smiled villainously, her eyes gleaming with triumph.

"Impressive," Lee praised.

Everyone nodded, pokerfaced, but Ten-Ten cringed incredulously. Neji — a genius, blackmailed by his little cousin...

"Okay, I guess it's decided, then," Shikamaru announced, breaking the awkward silence. "Participating in this competition will be Naruto, Konohamaru, Hanabi, Sai, Neji, Kiba, Chouji, Lee, and Shino."

Why did my name have to be called last, Shino argued mentally — heartbroken.

"Hanabi-chan," Sakura called. "Are you really going to take part in this?"

"Sure. It'll be fun."

"Taking into account that we've already eaten a considerable amount of food, to be fair, this competition will be determined by speed and not quantity." Shikamaru looked to the girls, who eyed him curiously. "Will you guys help me to prepare the table?"

They nodded and proceeded to follow the instructions that were given to them. One of the two joint tables was prepared for the event, with nine bowls of rice along with a large plate compiled of various meats squarely placed above each cushion. The food was evenly shared.

"Okay, now that all the competitors are seated and have meditated—" Shikamaru looked to a fairly confident Chouji— "I will now lay down the rules. Since everyone's capacity varies — as in, how much each one of you can eat — I'll have everyone compete in pairs."

"If that's the case," Kiba interjected, "then won't one person be without a partner?"

"Chouji will be a one-man-team," Shikamaru enlightened. "Since we were kids, I've never known him to be entirely full, which is why I suggested that the game be focused on speed rather than quantity. And forming teams may actually give you guys a fighting chance."

Tubby chuckled teasingly, his gloating expression especially getting beneath Kiba and Lee's skin.

"Being a glutton is nothing to be proud of, Chouji," Ino chided openly, holding a trembling fist before her face.

"Don't compromise his determination just before the competition, Ino," Shikamaru scolded lightly, and then he looked to his best friend. "Don't lose this Chouji." his eyes were calm and yet serious.

"Leave it to me," he pacified. "I won't lose."

The light quivering in everyone's eyes said they did not intend to lose, either. And, with that, Shikamaru assumed this contest was going to be more intense and dramatic than necessary. "Are you guys ready?"

They nodded wholeheartedly, except for Neji, of course...

"Okay. There will be 5 minutes on the timer — if no one manages to clean their plate and bowl in that allocated time, then the winner will be decided by the team with the least amount of food remaining. On the other hand, the first team to eat all their food will be deemed the victor! The pairs are as follow: Naruto—Sai, Konohamaru—Hanabi, Neji—Lee, Kiba—Shino."

Sitting next to their partner, everyone stared down onto their bowl of rice with a pair of chopsticks in hand, as if they were having a fiery standoff with their most heinous nemesis. In addition, Chouji had his other hand — equipped with chopsticks — hovering over a slice of barbecue, just waiting for the signal to secure, transfer, and dunk.

"Begin!"

As if a highly complex, state-of-the-art machinery — swift and precise — his arms collected food and brought them to the wormhole to be consumed. Teeth tore through soft, defenseless meat and rice with purpose, animalistic. The sound of consistent chewing echoed throughout the restaurant, drawing attention and cheers.

"Faster, Konohamaru-kun!" Hanabi urged adorably, trying to conceal her guilt. "Go! Go! Go!"

"Ha-Hanabi-chan," he murmured with a full mouth. "Aren't you eating, too?"

She stuck her tongue out cutely. "I'm full, silly."

Konohamaru looked to her bowl — only a small clump of rice was missing from the top, and she had taken a single bite out of a strip of barbecue. "Nani!" his eyes popped open.

Kiba had his face just a few inches away from his bowl, scooping up rice into his mouth. If only he had Akamaru as his partner, instead — this challenge would be a cinch. "Shino! Can't you get your bugs to eat, too? At this rate, we'll be the ones to lose!"

Shino's expression was passive as he ate how he usually would in public — slow, gracious, and indulgently. "You shouldn't speak with food in your mouth. Why? Because it's bad manners."

"I'll show you bad manners if you don't start stuffing your face!" Kiba snapped, spewing saliva-coated rice grains as he yelled.

"OOOOOOOOAH!" Lee let out a fierce battle cry — well, a food-based battle cry, downing his objectives at a pace that almost rivaled that of Chouji's. "Neji — use the Springtime of Youth!"

After a moment of silence from Lee, Neji veered his head to the side, only to realize that his partner had fallen unconscious with his eyes popped while still sitting upright, his hand frozen in the act of stuffing piece of pork into his mouth.

Ten-Ten sighed. "Well, I guess that's it for, Lee."

"Is he always this determined," Ino murmured, reminiscing when he had fallen unconscious on his feet in the match against Gaara.

"Even for the most dumbest of things," Ten-Ten informed.

Having lost confidence in light of his partner's... magnificent downfall, Neji's once hasty gorging transformed into a casual endeavor.

Following Lee's disqualification, Sai suddenly fainted in his bowl of rice.

Name: Unknown

Code Name: Sai

Hobby: Illustration

Cause of Death: Overeating

"Sa-Sai!" Naruto exclaimed, ceasing from his voracious frenzy.

"No, Naruto!" Shikamaru called. "You need to finish your share! Otherwise, his sacrifice will be for nothing!"

"Y-You're right," he agreed, wishing the challenge were based on ramen instead of Chouji's forte.

Name: Kiba Inuzuka

Code Name: None

Naruto's Given Nickname: Dog-breath

Ino's Given Nickname: Dog-boy

Hobby: Hanging out with Akamaru

Cause of Death: Overeating

Shino looked over onto his fallen ally, his creepy features unaltered. "Up until the end, he ate without a tinge of manners. I pity him."

The timer clicked on, drawing ever closer to the 5 minute mark and the conclusion of the contest. But, just before Naruto and Konohamaru could fall prone to the same tragic fate as their friends, Chouji heaved a sigh and placed his chopsticks across his empty bowl.

"Gochisousama Deshita." his smile was effortless and cool — portraying triumph and contentment.

The competitors and spectators from all across the room looked on in astonishment, the power of speech eluding them for the longest while.

"And with that, we have a winner," Shikamaru grinned proudly. "Way to go, Chouji!"

The crowd started to cheer.

"We lost, but it was still fun, wasn't it, Konohamaru-kun?" Hanabi smiled.

Konohamaru was still in a state of shock. "Yeah... but I still can't believe we lost to a one-man team."

"That's Chouji for yah." Naruto humbly accepted his defeat but, despite his lost, he still had a prize to savor, from now through to eternity. Smoldering, his eyes captured Hinata's, and she felt a warm glow brighten her cheeks.

Neji and Shino accepted defeat, too — Neji seeming more relieved than anyone else that the madness was over and his humiliating business hadn't been disclosed. He would have to do something about that girl...

Lee regained consciousness in a fit of wailing, Kiba in anger, and Sai simply wore his freakish smile. But it didn't take long before everyone were caught up in the thrilling whirlwind of the festivities again. With one game over, another began, and the fun continued.

The night swelled and ripened — time passed, flashing by in that disjointed fashion Hinata had yet to get used to. Everyone was perfectly sated. The older men were comatose from alcohol, while others — especially Chouji — were numb and motionless from over eating.

The festivities eased into a pleasant calm. The once boisterous laughter, chatter, dancing, and eating was now rendered to quiet questions and soft chuckles. But as Hinata sat next to a handsome Naruto, her hormones was just beginning to have a party of their own, with electric responses that resonated between her... you-know-where.

She pressed her hands down onto her legs, squeezing her thighs as if trying to assume control over the tremors that docked at her belly and at her heated core. But they ignored her and brewed a fierce storm that left her rationality in tatters. The princess's inner goddess was in charge now — chibi-s could only watch helplessly from the wooden chair upon which she was confined, naked, her body flushed and sexually constricted with rope.

Kiba growled, pointing his quivering finger at Konohamaru. "I still can't believe this little kid has a girlfriend!"

Hanabi bit down on his index finger, like a savage beast trying to defend its young. "He's not just a little kid," she murmured between her teeth. "He's a proud and strong shinobi from the Sarutobi clan!"

Kiba let out a shrill cry before the young princess freed him, cupping his wrist as pain flickered through his finger, through his nervous system, like a heartbeat.

Naruto grinned. "Fireworks strikes once again."

"I was going to scold you, but it looks like you already got what you deserve." Ino glowered, Ten-Ten sharing her sentiments.

He heaved a lopsided smile as Akamaru licked at the pained finger with a worried whimper. Then he felt Shino's gloomy gaze piercing his skull. "Your accusation was immature. Why? It's not Konohamaru's fault why you don't have a girlfriend."

Kiba snarled at his teammate's incongruous assault. "Bastard! I thought we were from the same team?"

Shino frowned darkly beneath his already dark shades. "Again... we may be a part of the same team, but that doesn't mean I have to play along with your shenanigans."

The warrior cringed and took his seat, ashamed and defeated.

Chibi-G wasn't ashamed, and she certainly would not accept defeat or any derivation of the state. Without offering him her eyes, Hinata slowly moved her hand from her thigh and placed it over his. Naruto gasped inwardly, casting her a brief sidelong gaze to note a carnal gleam in her eyes that only he could distinguish.

"Hanabi-chan," Ten-Ten's voice highlighted her curiosity and excitement. "How did you meet Konohamaru?"

Hinata gradually squeezed — she squeezed with purpose, she squeezed with resolve and with desire. Her fingers lingered just inches away from his flaccid lever, and she caressed, coaxing the unruly beast awake so that it may sense the carnal heat of her flesh.

"Umm... I—" she fiddled with her fingers, unable to break pass the wall of her embarrassment. This was all oh so new to her.

"Hanabi-chan and I are in the same class at the academy," Konohamaru contributed with a grin.

"Really?"

"Hn!" his smile was rueful. "She always sat by herself in class and never smiled or spoke, unless it was to our sensei. Because she was so strong and antisocial, the other kids avoided her because they thought she was mean — and Hanabi-chan didn't bother to try and befriend anyone because she thought we were all weak." Their eyes met, and the princess's cheeks turned pink. "But, in reality, her hard exterior was just to mask and protect the softness that was on the inside."

Ino giggled, adding fuel to the girl's embarrassment. "That's so cute! She turned out to be sweet and shy, just like Hinata."

Konohamaru nodded. "When word got out that I defeated one of Pain's bodies, she came to find me and demanded a fight so that I could prove it. And that's basically how we got to know each other, in a different light."

A fascinating story — the evidence was carved out on everyone's face — but Naruto and Hinata were long lost in their own private world. He was hard forged steel beside her fingers as she kept massaging, tormenting, coaxing him in her plea to have her. With each time he throbbed, Hinata felt a tantalizing contraction within her sacred chambers.

Suddenly, in her frustration, she grabbed a hold of his rigid width. Naruto's breath hitched and, as he stared down at her, the princess felt the atmosphere between them slowly shift, evolve… charge. His look went from dark to smoldering, taking her with him.

Abruptly, wild in his sexual excitement, he clasped her wrist, pulling a stifled gasp from her parched throat. Enough! He's had enough! And Her Majesty could note the dangerous storm that glazed his blue eyes. He didn't care that they were kilometers away from either one of their room. Desire spoke, demanded, and he had no choice but to comply.

In a few minutes, his steel would be buried hard and deep inside her wetness — surely, this would be so. Impatience clicked in his head — like an annoying clock — constantly reminding him of what he craved. He needed to feel her tightness around his lean length and width. He couldn't wait any longer.

Before Hinata's arousal could be noted on the wind, he made some vague excuse, and then guided her outside with hasty strides. But Sakura knew enough about sexual desire now to mistake the fire that burned in their eyes.

A lovely full moon highlighted the dark night's sky, tinting the clouds that accompanied her a soft silver glow. Rubble and walls of timber littered the back of the restaurant, but the sexually inflamed couple didn't care about the bittersweet scenery that overlooked them.

Slowly, Hinata reversed toward the wall of the building, mesmerized… watching him like one would watch a rare and dangerous predator, waiting for him to strike. Naruto's breathing was harsh, his blue eyes blazing with the rush of his excitement, need, and pure unadulterated lust.

Na-Naruto-kun... she could spontaneously combust from his look alone. She allowed him to pin her to the cedar wood, bracing herself as he loomed before her like some kind of immense, otherworldly god — a sensual beast dispatched by Aphrodite herself, to bestow onto her supreme ecstasy and fulfillment.

Then there it was — the sweet taste of gratification as he laid claim to her lips in a deep, hot kiss. Hinata let out a whimper as he crushed her breast with a large hand. Her fingers fumbled desperately, impatiently, at his waistline as his tongue plunged into her mouth.

The princess pumped frantically upon liberating his length, but Naruto hadn't the patience for such meager measure of pleasure. He veered her hands away and abruptly pushed her dress up to the threshold of her hips, shifting her panties to the side in the same beat.

Hinata felt her heart skipped a beat in the heat of his delicious aggression. She was drawn to him on some deep, elemental level that she couldn't begin to understand.

"Are you ready?" he was still breathless from their kisses.

"Hu-Hurry!" she breathed as everything in her body tightened at once. Her subconscious had her pompoms — she was in cheerleader mode. And her inner goddess was busy spinning like a world-class ballerina, pirouette after pirouette.

Hinata pulled gently on his hair, bringing his mouth down to hers, and she kissed him, forcing her tongue between his lips and into his mouth. Naruto groaned, even as his hips moved, his lever stretching warm, wet flesh and delving deep. The princess moaned aloud, breaking their fervent kiss, and Naruto pushed his head forward, crushing her lips once more, hard and possessive. Their tongue twisted and turned together, consuming each other — a taste that was both divine and exuberating.

Suddenly, he pulled back, their collective breathing ragged and mingling, fusing with the crisp night's air. He cupped her buttocks more firmly and, as if gathering his power, began thrusting in and out. His intensity grew with each plunge, his chest heaving, his loins charging with the energy — the elements for his sweet and glorious finish.

The potent blend of desire and rapture took them on a journey — far beyond imagining, passing the distant planets and the stars, leaving the lonely and violent world of theirs, escaping all sorrows and the pain.

Tears rippled in a shimmer down Hinata's flushed cheek, her body alive with the warm glow of pleasure. Their heart and soul was free as they both climbed the ladder of ecstasy… on beyond the hands of times, drawing ever closer to that glorious and familiar peak.

She tightened her arms around his neck, pulling his face into the soft line of her throat, her legs weakly bounded around his waist as he continued his merciless onslaught, again and again, his large hands crushing her buttocks. The princess's legs felt numb, uncertain… and she could feel a gathering deep inside her.

Naruto continued to move roughly against her, in her, despite the brewing storm, his breathing harsh, moaning, groaning. Hinata's body responded to each delicious thrust. She felt a quickening, and suddenly, her knight stilled, slamming extremely deep.

"Hinata," he groaned, and her name upon his lips sent her over the edge into a spiraling sensation and sweet, sweet release, and then completely and utterly mindless.

Hooded eyes. Hot breathes. Flushed skin. Naruto held her firm against his chest and buried his face in her neck as the force of their orgasm jerked through them, as if to no end.

Seconds, minutes — time unfolded without a tinge of remorse, and the couple slowly clambered their way back to reality in their refreshed afterglow.

Hinata felt her center clenched as Naruto slipped outside of her upon setting her down on unsteady feet. He grasped her hips to steady her while she re-established her equilibrium, and then he quickly pulled his pants up, securing his pride before cupping her hips again — just in case she was still too weak to stand.

"We've never done this outside in Konoha before," Naruto stated in an undertone, a warm smile tugging at his lips. "Are you alright?"

Hinata nodded cutely. With her rationality slowly returning, she was running low on the fuel that kept her shyness at bay.

But she tentatively reached up and ran her tiny fingers down his cheek, along the edge of his sideburn, to the curve of his chin. Slowly closing his eyes, Naruto leaned his face into her touch, and his breath hitched in his throat. His soft moan was barely audible, and when he opened his eyes, his look was — anxious, as if he were looking at something he feared would be taken away.

Bending his head down, he clamped his teeth around her lower lip and pulled gently. Hinata melted against him, and her breathing stopped as her insides unfurled with renewed longing.

"Naruto! Hinata!" Kiba called from somewhere around the side of the restaurant. Akamaru whimpered, picking up on the scent of their trail.

The princess hastily shifted her undies to its rightful place and pulled down her dress, standing with as much dignity and sturdiness as she could muster in her just-had-a-quickie state. With haste, she attempted to smooth her just-had-a-quickie hair and relinquish the suspicious story the blush in her cheeks had to tell.

"What're you guys doing out here," he asked right off the bat, upon rounding the dark corner.

Hinata flushed scarlet, involuntarily meddling with her fingers.

"Aside from thinking I was going to barf, after all I had to eat, we were just reminiscing about a volleyball competition I participated in at Fuugetsu." Naruto said all that without missing a beat, completely poker-faced.

"Fuugetsu," Kiba returned questioningly.

"Yeah — it's the town we traveled to in the hot spring country. Anyway, let's go back inside before Chouji eats all the fifth serving of barbecue we ordered. I think the night's air opened up my appetite a little."

"Alright," he agreed, and then looked to our cute little snugglie-wugglie. "Hinata... are you okay," he murmured calmly. "You look even redder than usual when you blush. Do you have a fever?"

The princess felt her eyes widen, steam gushing from her ears. "Ki-Kiba-kun... I'm fine. Let's all go back and join the others." she went on ahead, fleeing from the embarrassment.

"H-Hn... if you say so."

Naruto grinned at his perplexed expression, folding his arms behind his head as they sauntered along.

"Hey, what's so funny?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

Akamaru whimpered, also curious, maybe — and Kiba pouted. Naruto was obviously enjoying some private joke, and he wanted in on it. "Spill it!"

"Hey, man — get off my back!"

The gang was still throwing questions and stories around when Naruto and Hinata returned. And no sooner had they resumed their place at the table than they were blasted with waves of questions themselves.

"Are you guys okay," Ten-Ten began. "You left without much of an explanation."

Konohamaru hugged himself, puckering up his lips into a kissy-face. "Maybe they went outside so that they could kiss in pwavite." his voice was alarmingly embarrassing but true, and Hinata couldn't help but avert her eyes down onto the table, battling to fend off the blush that invaded her cheeks. Even Hanabi felt the force of his remark.

Gazing unseeingly out the window, Ino nursed her irrational anger and jealousy. Meanwhile, the guys stared at Naruto with a demonic red glow in their eyes. He raised his hands in surrender, petrified by the envy, jealousy, and hostile intent geared toward him.

"G-Guys," he stuttered, breaking out into a sweat. "We just went outside for some fresh air — that's all. Right, Hinata?"

"H-Hn!" she nodded innocently.

The guys calmed down, readily reassured by her adorable input. But Sakura couldn't be fooled — she noted that the gleam of desire had vanished from the girl's eyes. And on her neck was the soft burns of sensual kisses.

In just that brief moment they went outside, her hunger was slaked, her core deliciously sated. Her body emanated a cool aura, stating the truth of it, and Sakura felt a sharp prick of jealousy, far more potent than that of Ino's. The spasm made her think of Sasuke, too, and she felt a familiar heat dawn between her legs.

Sasuke-kun...

Time passed, and as the night lost its youth, everyone agreed it was time to leave. They may be shinobi, but their mothers still complained about being on time for bed.

With one final thank you and farewell — once they were outside — everyone went their separate ways, branching off into groups of ones and twos.

Chouji was still bragging about his win to Ino's displeasure, even as they ambled off together with Shikamaru in tow.

Kiba eyed Hinata surreptitiously one final time before he mounted his noble partner and spurred off into the night, excited about their sparring date in the morning.

Sakura felt a sting of disappointment. Somewhere, in the back of your mind, she'd hoped Naruto would walk her home since Hinata and Hanabi had Neji. But the Jounin took off ahead of them, leaving Naruto to finish his date properly, she assumed.

Knowing that Ebisu would come looking for him at any given moment — considering the time — Konohamaru entrusted Hanabi to Naruto and regrettably took his leave, after complimenting her one last time, and then receiving a good clobbering in return. "I'm leaving it up to you, Naruto-niichan!"

"Don't sweat it," he grinned, throwing up his thumb.

Konohamaru mirrored his gesture, looked to Hanabi and Hinata, and then ran off.

The wind gusted, whispering through the dark blue wall of trees that enclosed the fallen village. The night was a bit chilly, and Hanabi was regretting she wore what she had. Despite her cardigan, Hinata was feeling the effects of the weather, too.

Noting their distress, Naruto summoned a Kage Bunshin, who rested his jacket over Hanabi's shoulders in an echo to the original's act of compassion toward Hinata. The girls thanked him, and he smiled a "you're welcome" their way.

The journey home was a pleasant and interesting one — without being questioned, Hanabi eased into a confession about her feelings for Konohamaru. She thought they had so much in common: when he was younger, he was always so sad because nobody saw him for who he really was, just the honorable grandson in the Hokage's shadow without one of his own.

Likewise, nobody spared the time to learn about her, either... about her likes and about dislikes. She was just the Headmaster's daughter and heiress to the Hyuga clan, and it was imperative that she be trained thoroughly. She couldn't play with dolls and pick flowers like any other girl could.

Hinata felt her heart clench.

"But..." Hanabi's face lit up. "You saved us all, Naruto-oniichan... me, my sister, Konohamaru-kun — you saved us... by being you."

"Hanabi..." Naruto didn't quite know how to respond.

"I-I can't thank you enough for all you have done," she cleared the tears from her eyes. "If you hadn't challenged my father, I would probably just be finishing up another training regimen. But now... now I can spend more time with Konohamaru-kun and meet new friends."

Hinata pulled the girl into her arms as the tears kept overflowing, summoning those of her own. And, after a moment to process all that had been said, Naruto inched closer and stretched his arms around them both. "We've all had it rough — I think that's why we can relate to each other so well. I don't want another kid to experience the pain and suffering that we have... that's why I want to change this world, like he wanted."

Hinata and Hanabi smiled in his embrace. "We'll change the world together..."

"Lets..."

Once they arrived at the threshold of the courtyard, Hanabi thanked Naruto again, and then scooted off toward the house, leaving the couple to say their goodbyes. She almost leaped out of her boots, when the jacket disappeared into smoke from her torso.

"Well... I guess this is it," Naruto murmured, shrugging into his jacket that was handed back to him.

Hinata bowed her head sadly. "Naruto-kun... I-I feel so awful about Hanabi. It's my fault she had to go through all this; if I were stronger, I would still be the one training to become the head. She could have maybe had the normal life she wanted..."

Naruto tiled her chin on a curved index finger, brushing away the stream of tears that rippled down her face. "If anyone's to blame, it's Hiashi, not you. Besides, something tells me that, even if you were still being prepared to take on the head title, Hanabi would've still had this kind of life."

The princess felt as more tears spilled over her eyes.

"Are you crying because you don't believe that I'll change the Hyuga clan? I did promise I wouldn't lose against your father, didn't I?"

Suddenly, Hinata's eyes widened, and the tears ceased. His words took her back, and her heart warmed at his compassionate conviction. "I-I believe in Naruto-kun..."

"Good," he said, pulling her against him in one fluid motion that made her heart skip a few alarming beats. "Everything will be alright," he reassured, leaning his head down toward hers.

Naruto kissed her softly, careful not to stir the fire that still lurked at the edge of his control, waiting for an excuse to explode again, consuming them both.

Hinata's stomach twisted, burning. Her center pulsed, tightening with every moist brush of his lips against hers. "Naruto-kun," she whispered breathlessly against his open mouth.

His kisses grew deeper as his veins flooded with the searing drug that was desire. His tongue reached into her mouth, seeking her own, a hot ritual of conquest. Desire swamped him, the taste of her lips the sweetest kind of intoxication.

She wanted his driving hunger, his insatiable desire to burn through the tethers of his self-control. There was no need for rationality; all that mattered was a mutual quest to conquer and overflow with sexual satisfaction. But Naruto tore his mouth away from hers with a grunt, his chest heaving, breath sawing through his teeth. His veins pounded with his hunger for her, and his sex grow into a rigid curve behind his boxer. Still, he tore himself away.

Hinata was a familiar mass of aches and needs as she looked up at him with pleading eyes. "Naruto-kun..."

"Don't forget about your sparring appointment with your team tomorrow," he reminded. "You can't afford to let them down, Hinata."

The princess frowned, but her eyes gleamed obediently.

His pulse having slowed a tad, he inched closer and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "You were amazing today." his voice was quiet and controlled. "I love you..."

Hinata blushed. "I-I love Naruto-kun, too..."

His eyes softened as he stepped back, nudging her to go. The princess complied hesitantly, watching him as she advanced toward the house. But when she turned to proceed up the stairs, and then looked out into the courtyard again, he was gone.

Naruto-kun...


Sasuke's Verdict

Naruto slept peacefully, nestled in the warmth of his sexual afterglow and the promise of another rich and joyous day.

Daybreak came surprisingly quickly, but he felt thoroughly rested — hopefully it was the same for Hinata; she always felt so incredibly exhausted after they made love. He supposed that was the tall toll she had to pay for the exquisite orgasms she had come to enjoy.

The feast Naruto had at the restaurant left him with a major appetite for breakfast. He happily gorged himself, and then sent out his counterparts to work. His day was going splendid thus far, but oblivious to the young warrior was the fact he was merely hovering within the eye of a most horrendous storm that had yet to unfold, exert its unpleasant power.

Naruto and Sakura felt their chest tighten and their heart sank to their toes when Kiba told them that the council had just appointed Danzo as the sixth Hokage, in light of Tsunade's unchanging condition, as well as the pressing issues that desperately demanded the attention of a leader.

One amongst these pressing issues was Sasuke's latest crime, which warranted extreme punishment. And, apparently, Danzo had given permission for his capture and/or elimination as requested by the Raikage.

"What the hell does this mean?" Naruto snapped.

"I don't know." Kiba was just as agitated.

"It means they decided not to wait for Tsunade-sama to recover," Kakashi enlightened calmly. "That's a basic rule."

"Kakashi-sensei." Naruto was obviously not pleased.

"Also, Sasuke is, in fact, a Missing-Nin. Normally, he would have been eliminated by now — he's alive only because Tsunade-sama showed mercy towards him."

"I'm going to meet Danzo," Sakura decided, but Kakashi rested his hand upon her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks.

"Wait, Sakura... running up to him and yelling won't change anything."

"Tsunade-sama's still in a coma," she argued. "They can't do this... and Sasuke-kun... there's no way I'm going to sit quietly and let this happen!"

"I'm going, too," Naruto uttered calmly, easing into a slow stride.

"Both of you, calm down." Kakashi's voice was a few octaves higher now. "If you don't keep your composure, things will only get worse."

"Does it look like I want to keep calm? I won't let them touch Sasuke." he swung his hand in his rising fury, and Kakashi caught it half way through.

"I told you to wait." his voice dropped, but he was more serious than before. "Danzo has already predicted you two would react like this. What will you do when you meet him?"

"I'm not going to attack him." Naruto's voice mirrored his own. "I'm just going to ask him if he'll rethink his decision about Sasuke."

The Jounin blinked his eye shut. "It's obvious he won't give it a second thought, no matter how you feel about Sasuke." his eye was grave now. "Though the Jounin have yet to vote and only the Daimyo appointed him, Danzo is still Hokage. If you go against him, you'll be thrown in prison."

"Fine with me!" he wrenched his arm free. "I'm going."

"Me, too." Sakura followed behind him to Kiba's unease.

"Naruto," Kakashi called, persistent in his persuasion. "The Kyuubi resides within you."

Irritated, our golden knight turned around. "What's that got to do with anything?"

"…Because Danzo wants to keep you within the village. Throwing you into prison would be the best scenario for him. After which, you won't be able to search for Sasuke. Stay calm for now."

Naruto snarled, but he swallowed the suggestion and yielded.

Sai sauntered along the bank of a late, recalling the conversation he had with his leader, Danzo. He was instructed to keep an eye on Naruto and, upon an ambiguous inquiry, was reassured that the Jinchuuriki would not be harmed. He was the village's hero, after all.

Am I supposed to feel at ease, Sai couldn't help but wonder as he broke from the shadows of the trees into the vibrant light.

"Sai," Sakura called, breaking him away from his mental deliberation. "We were just looking for you."

"We wanted to ask you something," Naruto added, when they came to a halt before him.

"What is it?"

The wind gusted, creating ripples atop the surface of the water, as if illustrating the criticality of the question that was about to be posed.

Sakura frowned. "We want you to tell us everything you know about Danzo."

Sai remained silent, his expression unchanging.

"Sai," Naruto urged in his impatience.

"…I can't."

"Why not?"

Sakura felt a sting of panic. "Don't tell me you're with him again?"

"No, it's nothing like that. I'm not able to say anything about Danzo-sama. It's because of this." he stuck his tongue out, revealing black lines forming a simple design within the border of vertical rectangle.

Naruto's eyes widened a tad. "W-What's that?"

"Is that a Cursed Seal?" Sakura hits the nail on the head.

"Yes," Sai confirmed. "It was done by Danzo-sama. If I attempt to talk about him, my entire body will be paralyzed and I will be unable to move or speak." his eyes narrowed. "All members of Root have it."

Sakura's eyes narrowed to serious slits, too. "He doesn't take any chances."

"Because Danzo-sama and Root specialize in secrecy, they have performed many unsavory deeds in order to protect the village — which is why no information can be leaked. Even if we are taken captive, we won't spill a single word."

Sakura felt an unpleasant quiver in her heart. "But such methods are... how can he place Cursed Seals on his own subordinates?"

"That's how he has protected Konoha, from behind the scenes," Sai informed coolly. "His methods may be aggressive, but he cares about the village as much as you do."

"Then, why did he dismiss Tsunade-sama's decision about Sasuke-kun," she accused questioningly. "Isn't he planning on sending Hunter-Nin to chase after him?"

"Really," his brows quirked up in his surprise. "I haven't heard anything about Sasuke-kun."

Shing — a sword was suddenly drawn from its sheath and pointed at Sakura's face. "How about telling us what you know about Sasuke," a woman with merlot red hair demanded rudely, accompanied by a man with pallid white hair. They both had swords. "Sounds like he's a close friend of yours."

Suddenly, and ever so slightly, Sai shifted his body — turning just enough to give Naruto an ideal angel from which to clasp and pull the sword from his back. Sai ducked when he did and, in one fluid motion, the golden warrior gently pushed Sakura back, and then struck the woman's sword. The force of the blow flung her hand skyward.

Naruto followed up with his elbow, which was simultaneously stopped by the hilt of the man's sword. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu," he chanted calmly, forming the seal with his elbow still in place, noting that the woman had suddenly switched to the offensive. She rolled onto her partner's back, gathering momentum to counter strike.

"Don't kill him," he reminded dryly.

"I know," she reassured, reversing the blade. But the clone clapped his hands together, locking the lethal steel in his palm. "Oh." she was a bit impressed.

Sai and Sakura pelted around in the opposite direction to flank both adversaries but, in retaliation, the man quickly used his hands to spring onto his partner's back, swinging his legs around to kick Sakura a few yards away.

"Sakura-chan," Naruto A exclaimed, running off to mitigate the girl's crash-landing.

In the same beat, the clone took an elbow from the redhead to the neck, dispersing in an instant.

"Are you okay, Sakura-chan?"

She raised her head. "Those forehead protectors... they're from Kumogakure."

What are they doing here, Sai thought inwardly, leaping back to regroup with his friends. At the same time, the assailants withdrew onto the water.

"What the hell are you doing," Naruto called out to the strangers.

The man stood, clad in grey, white, and red, sucking on a stick of candy. "You guys were talking about Sasuke earlier, weren't you?" Tell us what you know!"

"What do you Kumogakure shinobi have to do with him?" Sakura had no intention to cooperate with potential terrorists.

"A damn lot!" the man snapped. "That Uchiha Sasuke of yours attacked our village!"

Naruto and Sakura gasped, dumbfounded by the man's open allegation.

"That bastard Missing-Nin kidnapped our master," the woman added hotly, a mixture of sorrow and fury. "He could be dead for all we know!"

"T-That... can't be." Sakura bowed her head, thoughts spiraling round her mind as grief consumed her. "Why would Sasuke-kun do such a thing?"

"How are we supposed to know what Akatsuki's thinking," the man replied angrily.

"Akatsuki?" Naruto was even more curious about what Sasuke has been up to now. "What do you mean?"

"You're kidding, right," the woman said incredulously, pointing a finger at the clueless ninja. "Sasuke's a member of Akatsuki!"

Naruto and Sakura flinched; they couldn't process all that they were being told. Just what sort of transformation was Sasuke going through? How much of his soul would he tarnished and sacrificed to make ends meet?

"Because you guys wouldn't take care of your Missing-Nin, Raikage-sama sent us here," the man informed. "We've already received permission from the Hokage to deal with the Uchiha!"

Naruto gazed unseeingly out into the lake, incongruity omnipresent in everything they have been told. Sasuke kidnapped their master?

The man bit down on the stick of his candy, clenching his fist. "We will have our revenge."

"We'll take the Uchiha down." the woman also shared his dark desire for vengeance.

Sasuke...Naruto recalled their encounter in the forest where — without a moment's hesitation — his best friend dismissed him, a Shadow Clone, with his Chidori and casually continued on his way. What the hell have you done?

"I don't know who you guys are," another Naruto murmured sinisterly as he drove his fist into his hand. "But if you think you can just waltz into our village and attack us, then you have another thing coming." Three more clones flanked him, their facial expression equally hostile.

Alarmed, the two foreign shinobi spun around, only to note that they were not alone on the lake. And the newcomers obviously didn't drop in to negotiate.

Are those... for a moment, Naruto was flustered. But I didn't — wait, he looked down to his stomach. Could the Kyuubi have called them from the village to help?

Shadow Clone number one looked down into the water with a telling grin. The Kumogakure shinobi curiously followed his eyes, but even with the generous hint — an act of pity, they barely managed to leap into the air without damage as two clones emerged explosively with an Odama Rasengan under their feet.

Just nanoseconds before the female could gather her bearings, a clone appeared before her, restrained her sword-arm, and then drove his fist into her defenseless jaw, pushing deep and hard. As if the force of the jab had hammered composure into her — in the same beat — she stabbed him with a kunai, ending his limited existence.

Meanwhile, the man was assaulted with the Odama Rasengan. He frowned, looking from his partner's quick counterattack to the orange ninjas rocketing toward him. As I thought... these aren't just simple clones, their Shadow Clones. Just who is this kid?

Switching to the offensive, he clasped the hilt of the sword sheathed on his back. Cloud-Style: Three Days' Moon Beheading!

Unfortunately, as impressive as the powerful sweep of his sword was, it was effortlessly nullified. But the shinobi didn't lose his head. He looked to his faithful partner in a telling expression and — amidst her fall, just before she hit the ground — she threw the kunai from her hand.

Waiting for the precise moment, the man strategically threw his, deflecting hers into the body of the Shadow Clone since neither one of them had an individual vantage point. "Karui!" he shouted when she crashed into the ground, motionless and veiled by a blanket of dust.

Anxious to end the fight and tend to his partner — just before he landed atop the lake — the man formed his seals, generating sparks of lightening in his palms by increasing the high frequency vibrations of his chakra in an attempt to electrocute the clones. Raiton: Thunderbolt!

Just before the attack hit, two clones transformed into massive shurikens and were thrown at him. While the other was aided in forging a Rasengan, and then thrown toward Karui, leaving a single warrior to be sacrificed.

Time slowed to this moment...

The man narrowly dodged the shurikens with nimble aerial dynamics, but — like always — the golden warrior had planned a few steps ahead. The clones reverted to human form in midair, and then generated a Rasengan. The man quickly retaliated by infusing his sword with his natural elemental affinity and hurling it toward them.

But, the Rasengan-less clone maneuvers and throws his counterpart across the lake toward the defenseless foreigner, taking the sword to his chest in return. Just before the Shadow Clones could strike their mark, however, the original commanded them to stop.

They did, the spiraling mass of destructive force just mere inches away from their intended targets. "Did Sasuke really join Akatsuki?" Naruto's tone was nonchalant; he no longer wished to fight.

The man looked from the dematerializing Rasengan to Karui's crash site; relieved to hear her call his name — reassuring him she was not hurt. And, before he knew it, she was kneeling next to him, her sword in hand. She truly wasn't hurt.

Now, Omoi looked to Naruto — he, too, would much rather avoid the fighting. "Yeah, one of our own saw the Uchiha family crest. His description fit our list, as well."

"That... That can't be." Sakura felt tears pricking the back of her eyes. "You have to be lying," she whispered, trying to convince herself everything was a lie.

She and Sasuke shared a special and intimate evening just little under two weeks ago... how could he have done all these heinous things in the wake of what they had? But, as horrific as his actions were, deep down inside, Sakura knew it were all true... and more.

The young cherry blossom couldn't help but topple over into tears; she'd been such fool. Why did she allow herself to fall in love with a dark knight, a lone prince that was incapable of seeing her clearly from beneath the dark shrouds of revenge? Why did she allow herself to be enchanted by him? Why did she allow him to warm her bed and steal her precious virtue in his blinded state?

"What the hell are you crying for?" Karui sneered. "We're the ones who've got something to cry about! Your tears won't bring Killer Bee-sama or Yugito-sama back!" she flexed her arm irritatingly. "If you've got time to cry, you've got time to tell us about Sasuke!"

"Hold on," Sai interjected."

"Huh?" Karui felt like fighting again.

"Now that the order to kill Sasuke has been sent out, there should be plenty of people in more official channels that would be willing to assist you. There's no need to harass these guys."

"Yeah, that's true enough," Karui agreed. "Our captain is currently waiting for that information. We just couldn't sit idly by if there was any chance of learning anything else."

"Do you think we could just sit around," Omoi contributed. "When we don't even know what happened to our master..."

Naruto blinked, and, in an instant, he pictured his teacher delving into battle with that confident and reassuring grin he wore so well. But Jiraiya was more than a mentor to him... he was more like the father or grandfather he never had. I will avenge Ero-Sennin, he recalled vowing to Tsunade upon learning the tragic news. I can't just sit around and do nothing.

The emotions that swelled within him was fierce — a sea of rage, hate, regret, sorrow, and longing. It was an overwhelming combination, a hard burden to carry on the heart. He knew how the Kumogakure ninja were feeling. He knew more than he'd like to admit — since this time Sasuke was the reason for all this suffering... his best friend.

"Outsiders like you have no idea how we feel," Omoi accused.

Naruto could almost laugh at how wrong he was, but it would've been a dark and melancholic laugh. "Your master... is he a Jinchuuriki?"

"How'd you know that?" both he and Karui flinched.

"I'm one, too — Akatsuki are after us. I'm as involved in this as he is. They need to capture the Jinchuuriki alive, so there's a good chance that your master is still alive."

The Kumogakure ninja felt a spark of hope and relief — a feeling that's eluded them for far too long. "For real?"

"Before you deal with Sasuke," Naruto continued, "you should think about saving your master."

"Is this the truth," Omoi demanded. "Is this really the truth?"

Karui's smile widened into a grin as she looked to her partner. "I told you! There's no way he would be taken out that easily!"

"I'll help you guys save your master," Naruto offered, drawing Sakura's attention. "I'll give you any information you need regarding Akatsuki."

"You're pretty smart, blondie," Karui smirked despite being punched in the face earlier. "Alright, come with us. And tell us everything you know about Sasuke."

"Naruto." Sakura was worried.

"Leave this to me, Sakura-chan." his voice was an effective sedative.

"You, what's your name?" the redhead demanded, her yellow earrings complementing her dark gold eyes.

The wind gusted. "Uzumaki Naruto..."


Our hero led the pair of impatient shinobi to a private hut along the bank of the lake, where he had decided to brief them on all they needed to know. But, when it became time for his lips, tongue, and teeth to collaborate — forming the unsavory words of betrayal, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't sell out Sasuke.

Alas, in a wistful desire that the seeds of hatred would not give root to a cycle of revenge, Naruto offered to let Karui beat him up, which she gladly does without a trace of hesitation. This was partly payback for the punch she took to the face, and the momentary spasm of fear he made her experience.

Omoi watched for a time but then encouraged her to stop, commenting that Naruto didn't seem to be the type of guy to rat out a friend, which Omoi respected — despite them being enemies.


Itachi's Truth - Sasuke's Hatred

Unfortunately, Hinata caught wind of Naruto's sacrificial beating by the Kumogakure shinobi. But, instead of a melodramatic reaction, she merely provided the medical kit with which Sai used to tend to his bruises.

As much as the princess wanted to address his wounds and offer him emotional support, she supposed it was best to give him some space — what with the devastating news regarding Sasuke. No amount of reassurance would mend his heart regarding the Uchiha's dire ordeal.

"Really, Sakura should have a look at this," Sai suggested, examining the gashes on Naruto's forearm.

"It's okay." he looked like a zombie in all the bandages. "If she sees me like this, she's just gonna give me hell, anyways. Besides, I heal fast, so I'll be fine."

There was a moment of silence as Kakashi and Yamato watched Sai slowly secure their pupil's forearm in bandages. "Sai." Naruto's voice was soft and generous. "Sorry about earlier... Thank you."

He heaved an open smile. "It was nothing."

"Boy, you sure took one hell of a beating," Kakashi announced almost lazily, his hands tucked into his pockets.

Naruto grinned, and then uttered an exclamation of pain as Sai tore and tied the bandage to his arm.

"You'll have to take it easy for a while." Kakashi suggested.

But Naruto wasn't about to comply. "I'm going to see the Raikage!"

Yamato gasped, sweating bullets at the mention of the Kage's title. "What are you saying? The Five Kage Summit is coming up soon! All hidden villages need to restrain themselves from going on hazardous missions!"

"What are you going to do when you meet him?" Kakashi had far more composure than his subordinate did.

Naruto's expression was cool, too, accentuated by a smile. "I'm going to convince him to forgive Sasuke."

"You don't even have the seal restraining necklace anymore," Yamato reminded crisply. "As a Jinchuuriki, you shouldn't be moving outside of the village!" he recalled when he had to abandon his mission with Anko and Sai, when he noted that the Kyuubi's tails were forming one after another. "Not only that, but during the last battle, you released as many as eight tails! Luckily, the seal was fixed and the Kyuubi was restrained, but what will you do next time?

Also, I'm overseeing the reconstruction of the village. I can't always be around to save you."

"I met the Fourth," Naruto bounced back coolly, astonishing everyone. "The Fourth was the one who suppressed the Kyuubi earlier."

"H-How is that possible." Yamato took a step forward in his confusion, and then he looked to his senpai for enlightenment. "The Fourth has been dead for ages."

Kakashi pivoted his head to the side to face him. "Shiki Fuujin is a sealing technique we don't know much about. Maybe he left some of his spiritual energy when he finished the seal."

"At that time," Naruto continued, "the Fourth told me that a masked member of the Akatsuki was behind the Kyuubi incident 16 years ago. And that he was so strong that not even the Fourth could defeat him.

Moreover, he's the one pulling the strings behind the scenes. He also told me that Pain was probably being used. If Sasuke has joined Akatsuki, then that means he's being used by this guy, as well."

Yes, Kakashi's countenance was no longer cool. "It's just as Jiraiya-sama feared... that he was behind the incident 16 years ago. He was bearing the Sharingan, and the only member of the Uchiha clan who left the village he hated and is powerful enough to summon the Kyuubi is Madara."

Naruto gasped.

"If Madara is involved, then everything makes more sense." Yamato frowned. "So he is alive..."

Madara… Naruto thought mentally, recalling that — when Sasuke had invaded his subconsciousness, to temporarily seal the Kyuubi's power — the beast had gazed into his eyes and made a comparison between him and Madara. It wasn't a pleasant comparison, ether. "Who is Madara?"

"A former shinobi of Konoha who fought and lost against the First Hokage," Kakashi informed wearily. "And the former leader of the Uchiha clan. We need to relay this information to the superiors. Sai," he gestured to the young member of Root.

"Yes?"

"You contact the Hokage."

He blinked, almost anxiously. "Got it."

"Naruto, what did the Fourth tell you?"

For a moment, he didn't know how to respond. What did he mean?

Kakashi watched the young sage avidly, wondering if — like him — Naruto had gotten the privilege to have a father-son conversation with his old man. "Fathers have a lot they want to say to their sons, no?"

Sai looked on in surprise, and then he cast his gaze to Naruto, studying his expression.

Slowly, the orange knight gripped the blanket of the futon. Kakashi knew that the Fourth was his father, and by Yamato's lack of surprise, he knew the truth of it, too. Then why did no one bothered to tell him?

As the seconds ticked by, his tension subsided. There must have been a perfectly good reason. Now that he thinks about it... being told by his father in person had far more impact.

A smile touched his lips, and then his mentors smiled back warmly as they watched him obviously reminiscing. "He told me he believes in me!"

Kakashi's eye widened, and then he threw up his thumb before Naruto's exuberant grin. "Great. Naruto, you will go and see the Raikage."

"Ehhh?" Yamato couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Kakashi rested a hand on his shoulder, paying no mind to his dropped jaw. "And Yamato and I will be your escorts."

"Ehhh?" his jaw dropped even farther, and the fact that Kakashi threw in another thumbs up meant his decision was final. "No, that's a bad idea, senpai!"

"What," Kakashi returned comically. "Why don't you do as I, your senpai, tell you, Tenzou?"

"Didn't you promise me you wouldn't use that name," Yamato whined, like an unhappy child.

"Yeah, yeah," Kakashi brushed him off.


Discreetly planting transmission seeds on the Kumogakure ninja upon their depart from the library with the Intel they had gathered on Sasuke... Yamato, Kakashi, and Naruto followed them into the Land of Iron, where the young shinobi eventually came face-to-face with the Raigake.

Skipping the formalities — right off the bat — Naruto requested that the man changed his mind about hunting down Sasuke. But the Raikage had no intention to negotiate on the matter — he was obstinate with a will as cold as the frigid snow layering the silent landscapes. He would kill Sasuke, and no force in the world could prevent him from seeing it through.

Even if, perchance, he agreed to the request, Akatsuki would be wanted internationally soon. Then, not only Kumogakure, but also the entire world would be hunting Sasuke down.

The power-hungry tyrant was extremely bash in turning Naruto down — as if the young warrior was a machine gone horribly haywire, straying from the norms and customs associated with the shinobi world. "You bow your head for a criminal and ask for mercy for the sake of keeping your friends safe but, in the world of shinobi, that is not considered friendship!"

Despite our hero's desperate plea, the Raikage turned and left, leaving him prostrate in the bitter snow, broken and despairing.

In this world, having power was the only way to have one's desire, was the impression the stern Kage brought across; conceding to a shinobi's selfish request was absurd.

Sasuke's fate was sealed.


Meanwhile the five Kages were convened at the Kage Summit, along with, Mifune, the general of the country, team Taka infiltrated the mountain fortress and were steadily setting into motion their covert operation to annihilate the sixth Hokage: Danzo Shimura.

In Konoha, Sai sat beneath a massive oak tree, reminiscing about Naruto's ordeal with the Kumogakure shinobi. He had sacrificed his well-being for a friend that only brought him pain and disappointment. Why?

And, Sakura, the girl he once had immense feelings for — the girl he still has feelings for — has been blindly contributing to that pain and disappointment, as well.

Being a member of Team 7 — and partly sharing the weight of their troubles — Sai couldn't help but confront the girl with the bitter truth. Sasuke was out of reach physically and emotionally, but Sakura was available on all levels; a change could be made...

He told her about the strenuous effect their promise was having on him. Naruto was secretly torn between his feelings for her and his duty to withhold his vow. He was suffering because of Sasuke, but wasn't Sakura just as much to blame, as well?

The girl was dumfounded, her emotions shattered into fragments, spontaneously combusting in her belly. But, from amongst the ashes, an ardent resolve was forged into steel and gilded a shimmering gold.


Hinata spent majority of her day training, especially in an attempt to shorten the amount of time it took her to forge a Rasengan. She needed to become stronger and, in turn, more reliable. For whatever alternative she had planned to act on, she needed power to persevere. Needless to say, she wanted to protect Naruto, and to help save Sasuke from the darkness.

Upon receiving the prompt from the messenger frog, the princess wanted to accompany her knight to the Land of Iron but, alas, it wasn't her place to. This matter more gravitated around Team Kakashi. And, although Naruto was her fiancé, it was a good idea to give him some space, just like that woman in Fuugetsu had suggested.

"Hinata-sama," Ninja called out to her, dispelling her reverie.

"N-Neji-niisan," she turned from the massive boulder ravaged by multiple shots from her Rasengan. "Is something a matter?"

"Shikamaru wants us all to get together. Apparently, he has some kind of important announcement to make."

"A-Announcement? Shikamaru does?" The princess wondered what it could be about, but deep down inside, she was almost certain what message the tactician had to relay. Naruto had already informed her.

Without delay, they both left the training grounds for the location appointed for the rendezvous. There, Shikamaru passed a grave gaze over his inquisitive friends: Chouji, Ino, Kiba, Shino, Lee, Hinata, Neji, and Ten-Ten — then calmly briefed them on the matter at hand regarding Sasuke.

Pained gasps and chatter broke out amidst the small gathering. Ino looked on in abject shock; she couldn't belief what she was hearing.

"We're not kids anymore." Shikamaru frowned, his typically weary expression molded into utter seriousness. "We will put a stop to Akatsuki. Also, we'll stop Sasuke."

"Shikamaru..."Chouji muttered.

Ino felt her lips quiver.

"I'll go and get Team 7's consent beforehand," his frown deepened. "We can't allow Konoha and Kumo to go to war over Sasuke! No, let me rephrase that: If Sasuke is killed by Kumo, then Sakura, Ino, and especially Naruto would never just sit still. Then, if they got reckless and ended up being killed by Kumo, then Chouji, Inoichi-san, Sakura's parents and me would also be involved.

They're not going to just sit still — they'll also want revenge. And, if Chouji and I were killed, then our parents would also join in on it. Before you know it, there'd be a full-out war.

According to the information gathered from Kumo's messenger, Sasuke's now an internationally wanted criminal. If he continues to affiliate himself with Akatsuki while producing more and more hate everywhere, then I believe he needs to be dealt with by Konoha. Everyone understands what I'm trying to say, right?"

"Yeah," Kiba replied on behalf of everyone. "But will Naruto and Sakura agree with this?"

Shikamaru tucked his hands into his pockets, feeling as if he could use a smoke. "Unfortunately, no matter what their answer is — for the sake of Konoha — I'll be taking action."

After the discussion ended, Shikamaru left his friends in shambles to convey the news to Naruto and Sakura.

It may have been over two-and-a-half years, but their bond was still so strong with the Missing-Nin that word of his crimes and judgment made their chest tighten and kept their happiness at bay.

Encircled by her friends, Ino sat broken and in denial on a stack of timber, flanked by a supportive Ten-Ten and Chouji. She couldn't control her tears, and being consoled only kept the torrent flowing — even if Sasuke were consoled regarding his mother and father, the tragic fate of his clan, his fate was still sealed. There was no saving him now — no Naruto-based miracle would save him.

"Ino," Chouji soothed, an attentive hand pressed to her back.

The sound of her grief-stricken sobs washed over the gang, hanging over their head like a dreary thundercloud.

Kiba couldn't withstand it. "Don't cry, Ino!"

"Kiba, don't be so mean," Ten-Ten scolded, her eyes pale. "Ino's always liked Sasuke-kun..."

"It's not as if it could be helped," he returned dryly, his hurt more than what he made noticeable. "It's different from back then..."

"Will they be fine," Shino wondered. "If Ino's like this... what about Sakura and Naruto?"

"Let's leave that to Shikamaru," Neji advised calmly. "He'll find a way to tell them. He still feels responsible as the leader of the team that failed to bring Sasuke back."

Chouji turned, looking down at Ino sympathetically. "If only we could have brought Sasuke back with us..."

"That's why he volunteered to do it," Neji prompted.


Sasuke, Naruto whispered in a quiet corner of his consciousness, sprawled out on his back in a local inn. Where are you and what are you thinking? Are you thinking of me, Sakura-chan, or Kakashi-sensei, even a little?he shifted onto his side, hoping the effects of the gaping hole in his gut would reverse itself. You defeated your brother, Itachi. You got your revenge. Did it make you feel better? ...Or did it make you suffer even more?

Sasuke. The once glistening blue ocean of his eyes had gone pale.Why won't you come back to Konoha? Have you been totally consumed by hatred, Sasuke? Have you really become nothing but a common criminal? he closed his eyes and balled his fingers into a tight fist. Now, I don't know anything about you anymore...

"Yo," a familiar, nonchalant voice rose above the gust of a snowstorm outside. "Why don't we have a little chat, Uzumaki Naruto?"

Naruto's eyes tore open, his pulse spiking at the hostility buried deep beneath the man's casual tone. By the third thrum of his heart, he created a Shadow Clone, forged a Rasengan, and threw himself at the criminal mastermind that had stolen his friend's rationality. "You!" he bellowed with disdain, blowing a hole in the side of wall, and supposedly the Akatsuki bastard!

"Rasengan right off the bat, huh," the man commented from atop the roof with his nonchalance still intact. And, yes, still alive. "You know it won't work, right?"

Suddenly, a barrage of flexible wood tethered to the house's roof wrapped the man in a wooden cocoon — a prison to separate him from Naruto, who was also barricaded and protected by a wall of wood and a defensive Yamato. "Naruto, just stay where you are."

The strident chirping of a Chidori echoed above the eerie howling of the blizzard. Kakashi was already behind the masked man, his Sharingan unconcealed, a well-charged Chidori parked at the man's side.

"As expected from Kakashi of the Sharingan." the man was still calm despite the seemingly bitter turn of events. "You're fast."

Kakashi ignored the compliment. "I won't let you get your hands on Naruto that easily, Uchiha Madara."

"Then I'm pretty sure you heard what I said earlier: no attacks will work against me."

"I don't know whether you're making your body disappear or if you're a projection," Yamato said coolly. "But I know that you'd have to solidify yourself in order to take Naruto. If not, you won't be able to catch him. So that's where our aim lies."

Knelt, Yamato set his hands down on the ground, erecting a set of tall wooden pillars on the roof that enclosed everyone within a circle. "This is now my territory."

Madara chuckled. "I never thought it was going to be easy. I, too, have a plan. But for now, I'd rather just have a chat."

"A chat?" Kakashi remained cautious.

"Indeed. What made Pain, or rather, Nagato betray me? Naruto, I've become quite interested in you."

Naruto gripped a row of the wooden barrier, like a ferocious beast snapping irritable at a annoying spectator. "Who gives a crap? What are you planning to do with Sasuke? Tell me about Sasuke!"

"Sasuke, huh?" the man sounded a bit weary.

Yamato and Kakashi awaited his reply — they, too, were curious about Sasuke's fate in this obviously diabolical plan the mask man was scheming.

"Fine. I'll tell you," he agreed. "I'll tell you about a man who has been engulfed to the bone by the grudge and hatred of the shinobi world. I'll tell you about Uchiha Sasuke." his Sharingan glowed freakishly through his dark mask, but Naruto was not intimidated.

"But it's impossible to talk about Sasuke without first mentioning Itachi. So first, I will tell you the truth about Itachi."

The truth about Itachi? Everyone's curiosity had peaked by this point, but Naruto couldn't hold back his snarl of contempt and anger. Regardless, Madara launched into the forbidden archive that was Itachi's history, revealing the tragic darkness the man was condemned to walk with.

"You're lying!" Naruto pounded on the wooden column. "It's just nonsense!"

"That's... impossible." Yamato was unable to swallow the story, either.

"Drop the jokes," Kakashi was in the same boat, his Chidori still charged and geared for the kill. "We don't believe you!"

"I'm not lying," Madara defended. "That is the true story behind Itachi. He died for the sake of Sasuke and the Konoha village."

Naruto couldn't believe it — what kind of heart, what level of twisted commitment and morality could drive a man to massacre his entire clan and join a criminal organization, on behalf of his village?

And then to allow himself to be kill by his own younger brother — the one soul he couldn't get himself to eliminate — as a means of atonement.

Naruto flexed his fingers.

"What's the meaning of this," Kakashi interrogated. "Even if it was true and Sasuke knew, why would he help Akatsuki? He would follow Itachi's will and return to Konoha!"

The man gave a small titter. "As Sasuke's teacher and friends, you tried to understand him, but you've got it completely wrong. Sasuke's the real deal — he's a true avenger."

Naruto was on the verge of explosion, his teeth gritted, his eyes wide and fixated upon the vile creature before him. "Did you do this to him?"

"No, I did not. This is the path Sasuke himself chose."

"That... can't be true." Naruto shouted in denial; he refused to believe it, but even though he closed his eyes shut, the light of the truth still penetrated his closed lids.

"It was a gamble for me, too," Madara mused. "Would he inherit Itachi's will, or exact vengeance on Konoha? He chose vengeance. At heart, he belongs with us. Sasuke's goal now is to seek vengeance upon Konoha, on behalf of his clan and Itachi."

"Why... why did he... turn out like this," Naruto muttered, his voice low and rough. "Why did he turn to vengeance?"

"He had no choice," the man attempted to clarify. "That is the fate of hatred for the blood-stained Uchiha. The curse that has and will forever haunt us."

"Curse?" Naruto reiterated quizzically.

"That's right — the curse of the hatred that started with the ancestor of all shinobi long ago, Rikudou Sennin."

"Did you say Rikudou Sennin," Kakashi asked. "He's just a myth! The Rinnegan is merely a mutation—"

"That myth was drawn from reality," Madara retorted curtly, cutting him off. "At one time, Rikudou Sennin taught the ninja arts and tried to set the world on a path to peace. He was halfway in realizing his dream when it happened.

He entrusted the power and will of the ninja arts to his two children. The elder brother by nature bore the Sennin's 'eyes' — he was blessed with the Sennin's chakra power and spiritual energy. He perceived power as necessary for peace.

The younger brother by nature bore the Sennin's 'flesh' — he was blessed with the Sennin's life force and physical energy. He perceived love as necessary for peace.

At the Sennin's deathbed, he was forced to choose a successor. But that decision bred the curse of hatred that would live on forever."

"What do you mean?" Naruto had calmed down a tad.

"The Sennin chose not the elder brother who sought power, but the younger brother who sought love as the most fit. The elder brother had believed, as the eldest son, he was to be the successor and was dissatisfied. Thus, he started the hated conflict with his younger brother.

Even as time went by and their blood thinned, their descendants continued to fight. The elder brother's descendants were since then known as 'Uchiha', and the younger brother's as 'Senju'.

The fights between the First Hokage, Senju Hashirama and I, Uchiha Madara, were fated." for a brief moment, there was silence. "This is the second time we meet. I can tell the Senju's Will of Fire dwells within you. Even now, I can see the First Hokage in you. Though dead, he still lives on. The man I admired, my rival, the man I hated more than anyone.

Senju and Uchiha, the Will of Fire and hatred... Naruto and Sasuke... you and Sasuke are the two next in line, chosen by fate. The Uchiha are the clan destined for vengeance. Sasuke carries all the hatred of the Uchiha clan, and will strike the world with that curse of hatred."

Naruto was on the verge again, his eyes quivering, rage burning, seething through his blood stream.

"Above strong weapons, above friends and power, his hatred exceeds everything. That is Sasuke's Way of the Ninja. Naruto, sooner or later, you'll end up fighting Sasuke. No, I'm going to make sure that you run into him — the long awaited fight of destiny. I'm going to make Sasuke verify the existence of the Uchiha."

"Sasuke's not your toy," Naruto snapped. "Stop being so selfish!"

"Even if you were able to change Sasuke's mind as you did with Nagato," Madara asked accusingly. "That's also pretty selfish, Naruto. To be able to control people, you need a special technique to use the darkness in their hearts. In Nagato's case, I guess he happened to be easily influenced by people."

Naruto felt as though his senior student's suffering and sacrifice was being belittled. "Don't you dare compare yourself with Nagato! Though his methods were different, he really desired peace! But you're different!"

"Heh, I guess." the man's tone was way too casual for Naruto's taste.

"The existence of the Uchiha... if that worthless thing is your goal. Then why are you gathering the Bijuu," Kakashi asked. "What the hell are you after? What do you want?"

"Oh, yeah... if you really need an answer, I guess it'll have to become a complete being." he turned eerily, his eye grave.

"Complete being?" Kakashi didn't flinch.

"What does that mean?" Yamato was curious, too.

"It wouldn't really matter, if I told you. I think I'll talk about it at a more appropriate location. It's been fun taking to you," the man said dismissively, his body disappearing spirally into the hole of his mask. "See you around."

Abruptly, Naruto's anger melted into a puddle of grief. Sasuke...

1