HSA: The Inseparable 3 [Part B]
224 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hours passed in a blur of restless days and sleepless nights. But these lonely hours felt like centuries to Hinata's poor heart when they were so far apart; when Naruto was miles away in some remote region, fixated on his important mission for conquest and power.

Words couldn't quite describe how much she missed his crooked smile and his husky voice, his gentle touch and his fervent kiss. Every day she kept an eye out for Messenger-kun, but he never came.

Without ever uttering a word, the Kyuubi stayed by her side, blissfully riding atop her head whenever they were in private or outside the village — and there were those embarrassing moments when he unconsciously decided to hitch a ride in her clothes, poking his head out through the v-neck of her jacket while hiding from view.

Everyday comprised of intense training and/or sparring, followed by an hour of soak and sulking in the bathtub at home. The Kyuubi, on the other hand, despised the water, or maybe it was because Hinata always managed to get soapsuds in his eyes or water in his nose. This was the only time he didn't find her clumsiness adorable, when it caused him discomfort.

But he did enjoy the long moments she spent brushing his fur afterwards — delight shivered down his spine with each and every delicate stroke, with goose bumps following in its wake.

There were moments of happiness and laughter, especially while the Bijuu gorged on breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or whenever Hanabi decided to tease and chase after him. There were also moments of silence and reflection that invited loneliness and grief. But the deity made the hole in her chest bearable — always being within proximity whenever she needed a hug or distraction. Hinata always chuckled when he tried to wriggle his way out of her arms to make an escape, but she knew he was just being shy.

Every now and then, she would stop by Naruto's apartment on her way home from the valley, to relish in the ghost of what once was and to shed the tears and sadness that had bottled up inside.

The Kyuubi would always dismiss himself to the roof of the apartment whenever they came here; the creature hated seeing Hinata sad — it always frustrated him immensely that he couldn't do anything to soothe her pain and worries.

The princess lay motionless in bed, slowly tracing the tip of her finger around the circumference of her wedding band, which she held a few inches away from her face. The small, precious stone depicted a somber shade of blue, which meant Naruto was troubled. Was he possibly thinking of her, as she was, him — or had something else happened to make him grieve?

The remnants of his aura lingering in the room had all but dispersed. Soon, only memories would remain to soothe her restless soul — and her inner goddess knew that level of comfort would only suffice for so long.

All of a sudden, as if appalled by that undeniable truth, the imagine of the ring blurred as tears filled her eyes. Surely, Naruto had too many burdens to bear to accept such a crybaby for a wife — but it was because of all those burdens he shouldered why she cried, not only because she missed him.

It was unfortunate and unfair that he had to live most of his life without knowing the warmth of love and affection — shunned by his fellow villagers — and yet he was bestowed with the fate of the world. He was only sixteen, a child, but she knew he would state that such misfortunes didn't justify why his duty shouldn't be his own.

He was so responsible and headstrong, altruistic and resilient, and it hurt to watch him nurture such strength with that perfectly wholehearted smile.

The Nine-Tailed Fox frowned, looking up at the distant moon. Like, Naruto, the introverted Hinata Hyūga also had a difficult upbringing and yet she was so selfless; other people always held priority over her own well-being — and that's where Naruto's attentiveness was essential.

Where she failed to regard and indulge herself, he had to take her hand and show her paradise. Where she was weak and vulnerable, he had to have his sword and shield at the ready to be her strength. And while she made others happy, he had to make her happy in turn. But Naruto was not here; he had forsaken her. The Bijuu wanted to substitute while he was away, but it was even that harder when he could not use words.

Suddenly, wide-eyed, hackles stood on end along his back as he drove off a cat treading far too close. Blasted feline! The words rose in his mind as the heat of his anger hummed beneath fur and flesh.

How could Naruto even consider leaving Hinata behind, after proposing to her? He may have gotten a hell of a lot stronger — but he was still a clueless, snot-nosed brat!


Kiba's Forbidden Kiss


May 11th

Weather: Windy

Good morning, Naruto-kun, how are you? I had trouble sleeping again. I'm not sure when my eyes finally closed, but I feel rested. It has been a whole week since Naruto-kun left but, somehow, it feels much, much longer than that.

She sighed.

It's another sunny day here in Konoha, and the village's renewal is coming along great! The streets are buzzing with activity; everyone is busy at work, both builders and shinobi alike.

These past few days have made me realize just how much I love you, Naruto-kun... in more ways than I had the chance to count while I was with you and constantly content.

With every passing minute, I regret not accompanying you to wherever you had to go. But sulking won't change anything, so — until we're reunited again — I will keep on training. I will become stronger to protect myself like you wanted. And I hope you will do the same.

Promise me that you'll come back safe and sound.

"Oh, hey — it's Hinata," Shikamaru said as the girl rounded a corner.

Simultaneously, the Kyuubi zipped from atop her head into her clothes. She blushed fiercely, but Shikamaru didn't miss the most important detail of that split second in time.

Ino, Tenten, Kiba, and Chōji smiled delightfully, but before they could utter a word of greeting, Shikamaru scurried over and turned the girl around, their backs facing the curious group. "Oi-Oi, Hinata!" He didn't seem pleased as he whispered carefully to her ear, noting the canine's unswerving gaze. "What's up with this fox?"

"Wha-What do you mean?" Her cheeks were still flushed.

Shikamaru frowned, even as he gathered his power for possible countermeasures. "Just before it hid, I noticed that it has nine tails... just like the Kyuubi does."

The princess's eyes widened, but then she frowned solemnly. "You think that B-kun's..."

"Hey, guys, what's with the whispering?" Kiba called, Ino, Tenten, and Chōji sharing in his inquisitiveness.

Shikamaru and Hinata ignored them, and she pursed her lips for a moment. "That was my assumption at first — but it's ridiculous, isn't it? Why would the Kyuubi be here in the village, and in this tiny form? Why would it be staying with me?" She held his gaze earnestly. "B-kun won't hurt anyone!"

"I'm not saying he will," Shikamaru clarified. "But everyone else isn't aware of that; all the grown-ups know about the incident that took place sixteen years ago — and if they see his uncanny resemblance to the Kyuubi, they will panic."

Hinata's eyes quivered at the thought. With Naruto gone, she couldn't possibly bear to part with her new friend; their bond had grown far too much over these past few days.

Shikamaru stood up straight and laced his hands behind his nape with sign. "I suppose everything should be alright, so long's you keep those tails out of public view."

Hinata smiled and inclined her head zealously. "Hn!"

With an apologetic grin, the young tactician pivoted around to face his suspicious friends. "My bad — I was just worried about how Hinata was doing since Naruto left the village."

"And you needed to talk in private for that?" Kiba scoffed.

"How are you doing?" Ino asked.

"I'm fine." Hinata's wholehearted smile had become something of a trademark in her loneliness, but she couldn't fool her female counterparts.

Tenten sighed, almost musically. "It's that bad, huh?"

"Yeah," Ino concurred. "You're a wreck!"

Perplexed, Kiba raised one brow in question. "Huh," he murmured. "But she just said she was fine."

Shikamaru cocked his head in Kiba's direction and sighed, careful that the girls didn't notice his insensitivity. "How troublesome — my dad told me women tend to say things they don't actually mean. No matter how much I think about it, I just can't understand it."

Kiba could totally relate. "It'd be so much easier if they didn't beat around the bush."

"For now," Chōji began. "Meat's all that I want to know about."

Shikamaru slung an arm around the fat—

Chōji shots me a sinister, razor sharp gaze.

I-I mean "big-boned" shinobi's neck in a much too tight chokehold and gave a grin. "Just another reason why you're my best friend, Chōji."

He giggled.

Swiveling his head around in the direction of the uneasy princess, Akamaru trotted over and gave an assert bark — but it was merely a bravado induced by the close proximity of his friends. Right then, the Bijuu poked his head out of Hinata's jacket and gave a nasty sneer, rendering the inferior canine's blood cold, frozen. In response, Akamaru bowed his head and tail in submission and gave a meek whimper of surrender.

With a wanly smile, Kiba patted the dog's head. "You're still not getting along with him, huh, Akamaru." He casts the fox a curious gaze. "I guess Hinata's the only one he likes."

An arrow suddenly pierces Ino and Tenten's heart, hot, delightful, and intoxicating. He's adorable, they exclaimed in unison. The girls practically hovered over to the pensive princess, poking their heads forward to stare at her chest — well, at the tiny canine that had boldly took up residence there.

"Me, too," Chōji uttered excitedly, racing over to join the girls.

And Shikamaru broke into a sweat. "Oi, I thought you were only interested in meat?"

Hinata could only blush a fierce neon pink as they probed her friend's sleek fur and cute ears in her cloths. She didn't need to be psychic to know that the deity was not pleased, not in the very least.

The Kyuubi's eyes glazed with his inherent distrust and dislike for people, but the gang registered it has mere shyness and continued to pat, stroke, tousle, and brush to their heart's content and much to the Bijuu's annoyance.

"Hinata, how did you get his fur so smooth and glossy?" Tenten asked in her captivation.

"I know right! Kiba," Ino said without turning away from the embodiment of adorableness that existed before her. "Why didn't you tell us that he was so CUTE? We would've gone to see Hinata much, much sooner!"

"Yeah," Tenten agreed as she caressed beneath the canine's chin with a forefinger. The Kyuubi didn't want to admit it but, that felt... kinda good. "He's so tiny and adorable!"

"So adorable that I'm thinking about getting a partner of my own," Chōji gushed, much to Shikamaru's surprise. "It's not fair that only Hinata and Kiba have a canine companion. I'm so jealous of you guys!"

Ino straightened her bend and looked to Hinata. "Speaking about getting a companion — how did you guys meet?"

The question aroused everyone's curiosity.

"Umm… well," Her Highness averted her eyes momentarily. "On the day that Naruto-kun left, I woke up and found him sleeping on my bed. I'm not sure but... maybe he's from a new summoning contract that Naruto-kun made.

B-kun has never—"

"'B-kun'?" Ino raised one brown in question.

"Umm. Yes... that's the temporary name that I gave him."

"That's a pretty weird name," Tenten admitted with a quirk of her forehead. "But it doesn't change the fact that he's super cute!"

"I know right," Ino beamed. "I hope he gets friendlier soon, so that I can play with him more the next time we meet."

"Speaking of 'next time'," Shikamaru won their attention. "Ino-shika-cho has some wild boar to round up before we're reminded of how low stocks are again. And at the rate that Tsunade-sama has been eating, we have our work cut out for us."

"MEAT - MEAT - MEAT!" Chōji bellowed, bolting off in the direction of the village's gate.

Shikamaru sighed. "What a drag — there's no stopping him when he gets pumped up like this. Chōji may be my best friend, but I'd hate to be trapped in a cave with him."

"Why?" Kiba inquired.

"Cannibalism," Ino enlightened tepidly.

Kiba felt his skin crawl, and he hugged his shoulders. "Oi, don't say that with a straight face!"

Akamaru whimpered, then. He probably had a good idea that Chōji would eat him first, before moving on to an actual human being — because devouring a dog was less immoral, right?

After saying their goodbyes, Ino and Shikamaru left.

Tenten went to reconvene with Team Guy and briefed upon a new mission they had been appointment. While Kiba accompanied Hinata to the valley on the village's outskirts for another sparring match. Before they commenced the battle, however, he accepted the princess's invitation to partake in lunch.

Sitting opposed to our Hyūga goddess on the blanket, Kiba stuffed the remainder of a jelly-stuffed bun inside his mouth, even as he watched a rather composed B-kun enjoy his meaty diet. "No matter how many times I see those nine tails, it's still unnerving."

"I find them very curious, too," Hinata added softly, nibbling at a rice ball neatly cupped in seaweed.

"There's no questioning it — he had to be spawned by Naruto! What are the chances that a tiny nine-tailed fox appears in your bed and your boyfriend coincidentally is the host of the Kyuubi?"

"Ki-Kiba-kun," Hinata retaliated hotly, a most charming flush kissing her silky cheeks. More than her calling his name, the sight of her blushing had his masculinity drooping in enchantment.

The princess heaved a light sigh and allowed her shoulders to sag, but the knot her tummy had made of itself would not unfurl. Shouldn't she have already been passed the stage where wording Naruto as her "boyfriend" is no longer embarrassing?

Kiba stuffed an entire fired fish into his mouth with its tail sticking out. "Well then... maybe this is the Kyuubi's younger brother or something," he persisted in a muffled murmur.

"B-kun appeared on the day that Naruto-kun left; I'm certain he couldn't have gained that much control over the Kyuubi to spawn this familiar or incarnation. It's impossible..."

"Then you're assuming your new friend has no ties to the Kyuubi?"

"Yes. Does Kiba-kun have anymore speculations?"

"Ah. Mmm," he looks around awkwardly in thought. "I guess his origin isn't really important right now. We can wait until Naruto gets back."

"Hn!" Hinata beamed, almost unconsciously, and then reached for another rice ball, her demeanor endearing.

The atmosphere suddenly changed.

Kiba watched in a state of enchantment as she brought the rice ball to her unpainted lips with both hands, like a well-mannered child. The perfect rows of her pearly white teeth cut through the expertly molded onigiri and she chewed gracefully — once, twice, three times... continuously.

Kiba swallowed hard, watching, yearning the forbidden. Loathing the fact he was merely a wishful spectator. Suddenly, the wind swept the strawberry fragrance of her hair passed his nose. His riotous hormones cultivated the seeds of deception as his eyes feasted upon this lovely fruit that had only grown richer in hue — ripened with flavor by the possession of his rival.

He tried to shake off this dark lust, but it was already too late. The seeds had rooted far too deep; his rationality had dwindled beyond the possibility of posing a threat to his wayward resolve.

Hinata's eyes met this, and she was imprisoned by the fiery passion and the hunger that dwelled within those dark depths. Without hesitation, he leaned in to pluck a grain of rice from the corner of her mouth. And, after putting it in his, leaned in once more, intent on seizing her lips.

The princess was frozen, paralyzed by shock and a plethora of other emotions that wasn't in her friend's favor. But, just before her lips were claimed and her soul, tainted, by another, an exasperated Kyuubi came to the rescue by sinking his tiny fangs into Kiba's thumb.

"I-TAI!" He wailed in a fit of pain, jostling Hinata from her mortified state. And boy, oh boy, she wasn't pleased. He could plainly see that. Had she ever been this upset before? "Hi-Hinata, I'm sorry... I really don't know what came over me. I just—"

Without a word, she pushed to her feet, her expression depicting "annoyed", but her eyes were mostly just passive with a mixture of nonchalance that was very unnerving. "Our match begins now."

"Hi-Hinata..." he raised his hands in futile surrender upon rising to his feet. "Can't we just talk about this? We should at least wait until our lunch is properly digested before we—"

Activating her Byakugan, she lunged forward in a sudden burst of extreme speed, slamming her palm into his chest in a powerful palm-thrust that almost made him lose his lunch. He stumbled backward, overwhelmed, the shockwave vibrating provocatively throughout his body.

"Tsk!" He scowled at her, his once fierce desire morphing into a sea of vicious rage. "Akamaru, I'll handle this," he instructed as his partner barked at the obstinate princess in what seemed to be complaint.

The tension intensified, accompanied by an eerie and prolonged silence. All wildlife moved on to find refuge — the birds ceased their cheerful crooning to find higher ground in the mountains, away from the rising spiritual pressure that spoke of an imminent showdown.

The warriors stood firm and focused, facing each other with sharp eyes and fast heartbeats, waiting for that indistinct and mutual sign to commence. Suddenly, the canopy overhead swayed noisily against the whisper of the errant wind — this was the signal.

Kiba's eyes flashed open as adrenaline burst through the floodgates, rendering time to a slow lag. Leaping backwards, he tucked deft hands into his pouch. Hinata specializes in close-combat fighting; if I keep my distance and use my ninja tools as a diversion, I should be able to create an opening for an attack.

With deadly precision, he throws a kunai at his target.

The princess ducked, but not quite fast enough to avoid a few strands of hair from being lost to the piercing missile. Her inner goddess heaved a salacious grin. Naruto-kun won't be pleased about that.

Hinata drove her palms to the ground in the same beat and then shot Kiba a hot glare that screamed "retaliation" — and based on their previous duel, he knew exactly what would come next.

Gentle Step: Mobile Lion Charge!

With impressive reflexes, Kiba zipped to the side, the beast's paralyzing fangs narrowly missing his leg as it surfaced from beneath the ground. He grinned arrogantly, showing his own fangs as he dipped his hand inside his pouch again. If you plan on playing the same cards as last time, this match is practically in the bag.

Circumnavigating around her with unnerving speed — demanding the full field of vision from the Hyūga princess — he launched a barrage of kunai at intervals, but Hinata didn't falter. With nimble footwork and reflexes far more honed than that of the Inuzuka clan, she effortlessly maneuvered through the hostile assault.

Clonk! Hinata finally pivoted around to inspect where all the kunai had been connecting why she kept hearing that hollow sound. Suddenly, Kiba appeared on that specific tree trunk with a smirk, retrieving that group of weapons to utilize once more.

With profound agility and a serious frown, the princess sidestepped through another round of assault. Her eyes gleamed with enlightenment when she heard the kunai lodged into another tree, one after the other. He's trying to preserve the limited supply of kunai he has. In that case...

She raised her arms higher as she assumed an offensive stance, time seeming to slow a tad as her senses sharpened. Then in a magnificent display of grace, speed and precision — the Hyūga's much prided domain — she destroyed all the kunai with the blades of chakra summoned around her palms.

Regardless, Kiba kept leaping from tree to tree, futilely sending his weapons in the path of destruction. But, as Hinata approached the tree with the final set of kunai before he could retrieve them, the human canine allowed a smirk, which momentarily threw off Her Majesty's sense of security.

Within that brief moment, he launched a kunai toward that tree, grazing the hilt of another, which created a spark igniting the fuse to a bomb. Hinata gasped, swiveling her head around at the familiar and ominous sound. Her eyes snapped open in horror upon confirming what she feared, and then there was a sudden and fierce explosion.

The Kyuubi's eyes slowly dilated in a feral gaze. He felt the kindling flickers of his fury begin to awaken and recognized the need to hold them down, but his concern for Hinata overrode all other rational thought. With a frightened whimper, Akamaru laid prostrate in submission as the embodiment of rage fumed next to him, the Bijuu's tiny body pulsating as a mysterious power hummed inside him — at his very core.

But, suddenly, as the smoke dissipated, the irate tailed beast could feel the steady pace of Hinata's pulse, reassuring him that she was, in fact, okay. The girl was a calmness beneath the torrent raging in his veins, cool water soothing the dry heat of the fire waiting for the opportunity to devour everything.

Kiba heard himself gasped and could feel the dumbfounderment enveloping his face. While he was certain the explosion wouldn't have done Hinata much damage, he wouldn't have imagined she would have been capable of avoiding the blast — and using the method with which she had.

As the blanket of smoke and debris withdrew into the atmosphere, Hinata was seen standing unscathed and encased inside a barrier that took on the appearance of the beast that was her Mobile Lion Charge.

Gentle Step: Single-Headed Lion's Cloak.

The Nine-Tailed Fox heaved an inward wolfish grin, amused by the resemblance of the humanoid-like barrier.

Kiba couldn't find his bearings and, like Akamaru, kept staring at the thick blue layer that enclosed his formidable comrade. The lion's neon blue eyes were sharp and penetrating and he felt himself breaking out into a sweat. That appearance... it almost looks like the Kyuubi's cloak. Hinata... when did you — no, there's no time for this; I can't allow the tables to turn, not now!

Akamaru barked, as if in motivation, and Kiba spared him a brief glance and a grin. "I'm not done yet!" He roared boisterously and then chucked a smoke bomb at her feet, strategically dulling her enhanced senses, especially that of sight. Skikyaku no Jutsu (Four Legs Technique)!

Kiba was suddenly on all fours — his canine teeth, eyes, fingers and toenails taking on a more feral-like appearance — chakra enveloping his entire body, supplementing his strength, fighting instinct, reflexes, agility, and endurance. Now, he was serious. "This match is practically in the bag, Hinata," he gloated openly. "That smoke bomb is made with special ingredients that produce no scent. In other words, while you can't see, I can pinpoint your location through your scent!"

Hinata pursed her lips, but the determination that lit her eyes didn't falter. Dismissing her cloak, she slowly closed her eyes and bent her knees, assuming a firm stance. Protection of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms!

Gatsuuga (Fang over Fang)!

Attuning his nose to the target marker, Kiba launched himself into the thick smoke — a spiraling missile of raw destructiveness — colliding into Hinata's counter-shield. Razor sharp claws clashed with chakra blades, and the princess grunted as he increased the velocity of his rotation with an animalistic battle cry. Then, all of a sudden, he was on the ground — spinning like a top on his back and then his hands in a cartwheel, inflicting powerful kicks to the princess's lethal defense.

Abruptly, she dispelled the shield, her palm cracking down to the ground in mere microseconds, dispersing the smoke and sending dust and earth flying in all direction. But Kiba had already begun retreating backwards in a series of successive backflips. Then he catapulted himself into a tree before hurling toward her again, spiraling into another powerful drill.

With her hand still on the ground — within the indentation she created from her assault — Hinata spawned a lion from beneath the earth for a surprise attack. "Gentle Step: Mobile Lion Charge... Kamikaze!"

"Heh!" Kiba scoffed with a lean grin. "I'm rotating way too fast for that thing to bite me like last time!"

The princess frowned suspiciously. Then the blue, translucent beast bit down on a Rasengan lodged in its mouth, creating a powerful explosion that obliterated itself and crippled the shinobi's trademark attack in turn. Kiba was jarred into a state of abject shock, but he wasn't just about to let himself be finished off without putting up more of a fight.

Quickly, he fetched the last kunai from his pouch and closed in near enough to pierce Hinata's shoulder, guaranteeing his victory through her surrender. But the princess didn't scream nor did she frown. Instead, the mass that was her body merely burst into a fluffy cloud of smoke, and time slowed to this critical and rather perplexing moment.

Through the concealing veil of smoke came a feminine hand bearing a destructive Rasengan, much to Kiba's dismay, but it dispersed just inches away from his face, revealing a beautiful and headstrong Hinata. She leaped gracefully over his head, her fingers gripping his chin as she passed over him, tipping him backwards and rendering him off-balanced.

Almost instantaneously, there was another Hinata underneath him while he was still airborne, slowly easing into the posture for her Gentle Fist. But, instead of paralyzing him, she launched him farther into the air with a powerful arm thrust.

Kiba heaved a pained cry. Is that... Kage Bunshin? But when did she—

All of a sudden, said counterpart was floating above him, sending the shinobi plummeting back down to earth with a soft gust of wind from her Air Palm where the original was waiting to capture him in her rotation. But, instead, she merely allowed him to fall to the ground in a loud crash.

The princess took a deep breath, dismissing her Byakugan and the burst of power that gushed through her veins — a power wrought of anger, anguish, and adrenaline.

Kiba groaned in distress as he stared up at her. But his ego was more wounded than his body was. "...Clearly that was overkill." He didn't sound too pleased. "Man, you're even stronger than last time." Akamaru gave a worried whimper and licked his cheek. "Don't worry, boy, I'm okay. Hinata decided to go easy on me. And here I thought I was doing that by making you sit this one out."

With a wanly smile, Kiba looked up at Hinata anew. Her glum expression sharpened his guilty conscience into lethal blades.

He had succumbed to his forbidden desire for but a moment and ended up sullying the sister-brother relationship he shared with her. As kind and gentle as Hinata was, would she readily be able to forgive him for what he'd done? "...Hinata," his voice was low and repentant. "I really am sorry. I, uh—"

"It's okay, Kiba-kun," she bowed her head, lost in thought. "I just... want to be alone for a while."

"I understand," he returned quietly, pushing to his feet and brushing the dirt from his clothes. "I'm going to head back to the village. I still have a few more packages left to deliver for the day." Mounting his loyal companion, he cast her a sidelong glance. "Will you be okay?"

"H-Hn!" She nodded, eyes dark and evasive.

It wasn't a very reassuring gesture, but Kiba left it at that and departed with an anxious Akamaru beneath him. He knew if Naruto ever got wind of his betrayal, the village's hero would be at his throat in his Sage Mode. He cringed at the frightening truth of that.

Brushing off a measure of her depression, Hinata turned around and ambled across the expanse of the glade to the picnic sight. There, she saw her furry friend proceeding farther into the open gloom of the forestry. "B-B-kun!" Her voice was high and unsteady. "Where are you going? You won't leave me all alone, too, will you? Please don't go..."

Halting in his tracks, the Kyuubi swiveled his head around to meet her dark, melancholic gaze. With a wave of his tails, the sympathetic deity trotted toward her and leaped atop her head, sprawling out on his tummy as he often did.

Hinata giggled as she made her way over to the blanket, and then she sat on her heels and surrendered to her thoughts. The Bijuu hopped down from her head onto her legs, curling up into a ball as she smoothed her hand over his ears. "Somehow — despite all the wonderful things that has happened — if feels like my life is slowly falling part."

The Kyuubi's ears twitched, but he kept his eyes closed.

"It's partly due to Akatsuki why Naruto-kun and I got so close — but now I fear they might be responsible for breaking us apart." She bowed her head, eyes soft and hooded. "I don't want to become a widow before I even get married; I don't want to lose Naruto-kun or anyone else.

But I know that everyone is depending on him... everyone is depending on Naruto-kun to create another miracle. His burdens are heavy ones, and that's why I vowed to be his shield and his sword. I should be with him right now — helping in however way that I could.

I don't want to be that weak and helpless Hinata anymore. I want to stand next to Naruto-kun in everything that he does — to help shoulder the burdens and create the miracles. That's why I'm training so hard but... what's the use if I'm not there when this power is needed most? I should have gone with him! What if something horrible happens to him while he's trying to tame the Kyuubi's power?"

She looked down at her ring, the Aura Stone radiating a vibrant orange, which meant he was exerting a lot of physical and spiritual energy. Had he already began trying to obtain the Demon Fox's power? "What would I do if something were to happen to him? I... I miss him so much that it hurts," she pressed her hand to her heart, cupping her clothes. "I didn't know... I could feel this way."


Taking a short detour from his deliveries, Kiba dismounted his trusty canine steed to greet Ino, Tenten, and Sakura, who were having a bite to eat in a local shop. "Hey, guys, how's it going?"

Surprised, they greeted him in turn.

"Someone's all patched up," Tenten announced with a smile, staring at the bandages on his arms and face.

"I thought you left on a mission?"

"It was postponed until tomorrow, since Neji's unavailable."

Ino grinned mockingly, exerting her feminine pride. "With the way you were carrying on earlier, I wasn't expecting you to come back with any bruises."

Kiba felt a prick of embarrassment.

"Bruises?" Sakura raised her brow curiously. "What happened? Did you get into a fight with someone?"

"He was sparring with Hinata," Ino enlightened.

"Oh."

"So?" Tenten urged impatiently. "Who won?"

Kiba cocked his head to the side furtively, pouting. "...I lost."

Ino burst into a fit of laugher, and Kiba's eyebrow twitched irritatingly. "That's rich!"

Tenten struggled to keep the laughter at bay, but her lips still twitched with amusement. "What happened?"

"Tch. Hinata's grown far more powerful than I would've ever imagined. She used Justus that I didn't even know she had — and yet she was still holding back. Even with Akamaru, I'm not sure if the outcome would've been any different."

The girls felt a hint of nervousness. If "Kiba" were regarding her new combat prowess with such praise, then how would their current fighting capabilities stock up against her own?

"With Naruto gone, no wonder she's gotten so much stronger." Tenten's voice was somber. "She's trying to fill the void by keeping herself preoccupied with training."

"You're right," Ino agreed sadly. "She's trying to turn a blind eye to the loneliness."

"I don't think her strength's entirely due to her recent commitment to her training. She's been training hard ever since Asuma-sensei died and we found out that Kurenai-sensei is pregnant. Plus, Naruto's been helping her, too — hence the Rasengan."

Ino felt a sting of sorrow at the calling of her former sensei's name.

Sakura stared down at her half-finished meal, her eyes dark with emotions. She could relate to what Hinata was feeling but, unlike her, the girl was spending her time polishing her skills rather than writhing in a swamp of grief. "She misses Naruto..."

"Uh, about that..." Kiba won their attention. "Why don't you guys invite her out — like a girls-night-out or something like that? It's really weird seeing Hinata all gloomy and spacing out all the time."

Ino practically jumped at the suggestion, beaming with zealous anticipation. "That's not a bad idea, right, Sakura?"

The girl's eyes widened at the blonde's open excitement, a bead of sweat sitting at her temple. "Erm... sure! In light of the impending war, we may not get another chance to hang out for a while — so I guess that means I'm gamed."

Tenten smiled. "I'd never turn a blind eye to a girlfriend in need."

"I heard that the bathhouse reopened two days ago — an early reconstruction as tribute to the women who have been catering to the men working on the village." Ino grinned. "Why don't we bring Hinata there in the evening, when we're all free?"

"A soak sounds like heaven to me," Sakura agreed.

"Why don't we invite Hanabi, too?" Tenten suggested.

"The more the merrier," Ino agreed.

"Well," Kiba tousled the back of his head. "Seems like you guys have everything under control and all planned out. I have a few more packages to deliver, so I'll see you people later. Thanks for doing this."

"There's no need," Tenten declared.

"We girls have to stick together," Ino clarified. "There's no way we would refuse to cheer up a sister in grief."

"You heard them," Sakura added sweetly.

"Cool. I leave it to you guys."

He left.


Construction in Konoha culminated with the setting of the sun. One by one, lanterns and electrical lights came on throughout the village, to penetrate the growing darkness.

A soon-to-be mother was fortunate enough to have the convenience of electricity in her fully repaired home. She was just about finished with dinner when there was a low knock at the door.

"Hinata," Kurenai greeted warmly upon opening the door. "I had a feeling I would be seeing you soon."

The princess averted her eyes for a brief moment. "Ku-Kurenai-sensei... I'm sorry for stopping by so unexpectedly."

The woman gave a smile, her left hand resting on the perfect curve of her tummy. "Don't be a stranger, Hinata. Please, come in."

The girl humbly accepted the invite and shyly stepped inside with her picnic basket in tow and a well-relaxed Bijuu nestled in the front of her clothes.

Kurenai closed the door and then guided her into the living room before opting to attend to her curiosity. "Who's your new friend? Have you signed a contract?"

Hinata felt a spasm of panic. "...No, I haven't signed a contract. I woke up and found him sleeping next to me the day when Naruto-kun left. I'm not sure whether he left him there or not, but B-kun has been great company."

Kurenai raised one brow in distaste. "So, that's his name?"

Hinata smiled embarrassingly. "He doesn't like it, either. I promised I would come up with a better one, but that hasn't been working out too well."

The woman chuckled softly. "I'm sure you'll come up with a better name, eventually."

"H-Hn!"

"Are you hungry?"

"Umm," she looked to the side evasively. "No, I'm fine... thank you."

Her tummy growled in protest, leaving her utterly mortified.

And Kurenai couldn't help but laugh. "Well, your stomach says something else. I was just finishing up dinner before you came. Why don't you help me to set the table — we can talk while we eat."

"Sure."

"Great!"

The moment the woman turned to make her way around the counter and into the kitchen, Hinata quickly allowed her tiny friend — along with his nine suspicious tails — to enter the picnic basket. Covering the lid, she gently rested it down on the ground, beside the table.

After washing her hands in the kitchen sink, the princess carefully brought the bowls with their fried rice into the dining room, one and then the other. Then she brought two saucers with grilled fish, while Kurenai brought their tea. The aroma was lovely.

"Itadakimasu," Hinata murmured quietly once they were seated across from one another. She waited for Kurenai to start eating before she tentatively took her chopsticks to sample a bite of fish. "It's delicious!"

The woman chuckled softly. "Thank you. This is Asuma's special variation of the recipe. He was always messing around with different ingredients and spices, trying to invent a new taste. I always looked forward to what he would bring to the table next."

Hinata pursed her lips, staring down into her bowl. She was at a complete lost for words; nothing she said would have brought Asuma-sensei back — and she was certain the woman had had enough words of apology and condolences from others.

"So, how are you holding up?"

"E-Eh?"

"Naruto's been deployed on a—" the woman gasped, her eyes suddenly snapping open. Hinata's expression mirrored her own.

"Kurenai-sensei?" She pushed to her feet, alarmed, concerned.

"...It's the baby."

"It's time?" The princess exclaimed, her scalp prickled with dawning anxiety.

"No... I just felt it kick." Looking down with what could only be described as a maternal smile, Kurenai's eyes hooded as she rubbed her tummy.

Hinata felt relieved as she assisted her teacher over to the couch neighboring the dining table and then allowed a sigh as she, in turn, took a seat. She felt a spell of shock when Kurenai caught her wrist in a swift movement and brought her hand to her belly.

"There! It just kicked again — did you feel it?"

The woman's uncharacteristic burst of excitement caught Hinata off guard; she couldn't say she had ever seen Kurenai this exuberant before. And it didn't take long before her sensei was entirely enveloped in this warm bliss.

The baby kicked again.

"Oh," Hinata exclaimed. "I felt it!"

Kurenai smiled. "Quite an energetic child."

The princess's eyes hooded as she, too, sported a smile. There was a small miracle inside her sensei's tummy — a beautiful and fragile miracle waiting to come forth into this world still being shaped by the one she loved. Aside from the womb, there was a barrier of love and affection protecting this child, and Hinata blushed at the divine force of this perfect enclosure. "I also want a baby..."

Kurenai gasped in astonishment.

"I want to have a child with Naruto-kun..."

"Hi-Hinata... isn't it too soon for—"

"I know," she appeased quietly, her eyes gleaming with a mixture of sadness and bliss. "Naruto-kun said the same thing. But... he has already proposed to me."

Kurenai felt her eyes pop open in abject shock. He... proposed to her? "Naruto has gotten very mature, hasn't he?"

"Hn." Her eyes quivered at that bittersweet fact. "Naruto-kun has undergone a dramatic growth since Jiraiya-sama died."

The woman averted a glum pair of eyes momentarily. In addition to Jiraiya's death, she couldn't help but recall Asuma's devastating passing, as well. "I want to believe that everything happens for a reason, even if we can't comprehend what that reason is."

Her Majesty nodded slowly.

"In any case… I'm really happy for you, Hinata — you've finally gotten the man you've loved for so very long and he's returned and honored your feelings with a proposal." Her smile deepened. "Over these past few weeks, despite all the tragedy, you've been so much happier... happier than I've ever seen you before. That empty void in your soul has finally been filled."

Hinata couldn't help but surrender to the downpour of emotions evoked by the woman's words, and she rubbed her eyes before the tears could spill over her lids. "Naruto-kun has returned my feelings and freed me from my chains. I miss him so much, Kurenai-sensei... I've never felt this way before. It hurts — and I'm so worried that he might get seriously hurt on his mission."

Kurenai smiled a wanly smile, pulling the girl into a gentle embrace as she began sniffling. She could totally relate to the girl's dilemma. "Hinata... you've undergone a spurt in maturity, too, haven't you."

"Kurenai-sensei..."

She smoothed her hand along the girl's dark blue hair. "You've known that Naruto is special longer than anyone else has. I knew when he fought against Kiba in the Chūnin Exam.

Naruto's crossed bridges and climbed mountains that nobody else could have; he's strong in mind, body and soul. He's saved the day more times than we can remember — and I'm sure he's going to play a significant role in this war, too. He's one of those people destined to change the world."

Hinata smiled widely, her heart swelling as she thought about that. The woman was right — Naruto had defied the impossible more times than she could remember. He had always scaled treacherous mountains and overpowered fierce titans to defend his friends and keep his promises. His presence always emanated a sense of calm and divine protection. Everything seemed possible in his company — all that was unwelcome and unpleasant could be abolished; all that was wrong could be righted.

Hinata knew all this and yet... she still couldn't help but worry about him. She missed him tremendously, too.

Kurenai slowly pushed the girl back, relinquishing their embrace. She knew Hinata well enough to know that mere words would not readily quell her worries. "Naruto has proposed to you, hasn't he? Why don't you prepare a gift for his return?"

The princess blinked rapidly at the fascinating suggestion, and then retrieved her wedding ring from her pouch so that her sensei could see.

Kurenai's eyes widened in her astonishment and, for the briefest of instances, her femininity hummed with an ancient desire. "Is that..."

"Hn! It's the ring that Naruto-kun gave to me when he proposed." She blushed at the memory, especially the fact that she woke up naked in his bed, after she had fainted.

I thought his proposal was spontaneous… but if he took the time out to get her a ring, then that means he must have been thinking about it. "I didn't know Naruto was into foreign customs, especially in this criterion. Quite the romantic, isn't he? And he got you such a lovely engagement ring at that."

Hinata nodded cutely. Then, they both took a moment to admire the sublime orange glow of the Aura Stone before Kurenai broke the silence. "That isn't an ordinary crystal, is it?"

The princess shook her head. "It has special properties."

Suddenly, the woman got an idea. "With this method of proposal, it's customary for the woman to also give the man a ring."

"I read about it in a book."

"Then, have you already given it to him?"

"No."

"Well, therein lies what gift you must prepare for him."

Her Highness raised a bent index finger to her lips, her eyes half-lidded in her deep deliberation. "But, where would I find the ideal wedding ring for him?"

Kurenai thought about that for a second. "My first suggestion would be in the Land of Iron. They specialize in many things and are known for their amazing jewelry."

That's where Naruto-kun was before.

"It's ironic — the snow is by no means a beneficial factor to a smithy's forge, and yet the country is renowned for their blacksmiths' craftsmanship. They are in a league of their own.

The Iron Country is governed by the samurai, and they aren't affiliated with any hidden villages. They've always been neutral in the bickering amongst shinobi. As a result, the people have focused purely on different trades, particularly those that are not affected by their climate. The country has flourished over the decades, by trading with other countries."

"Then, that's where I will go!"

The woman smiled. "I would suggest going as soon as possible before the activities get even more hectic in the village and you're caught up in the workload. The war will be starting soon, and Akatsuki might even attempt a surprise attack. We all need to be together if that happens."

"Hn! I will leave as soon as I can. Thanks, Kurenai-sensei," she beamed appreciatively.

"Glad to be of help."

After fifteen more minutes of talking — mostly about her predicament with Masaki and Takuyama days past — Hinata decided it was time to leave. "Kurenai-sensei... are you sure you don't want me to help with the dishes?"

The woman chuckled. "I'm pregnant, not crippled, Hinata. It's fine, I'll take care of it."

Hinata frowned shyly. "I'm sorry, I didn't meant—"

"There's no need to apologize. Oh, and, Hinata..."

The princess turned, standing in the door.

"Remember what I said: believe in him. I'm sure he's given you enough reason to be able to do that."

"You're right, he has!" She smiled.

"I'm proud to see you're becoming a woman, Hinata. Instead of wallowing in depression, you've been training yourself — not only in preparations for the upcoming war, but to protect the man you love, despite all the power he possesses."

She blushed scarlet. "Kurenai-sensei..."

"Kiba's told me how much more powerful you've become. Through love and sheer desire to protect, you can become infinitely stronger, Hinata. Treasure him... you've given your heart to a good man."

The princess beamed. "Kurenai-sensei... thank you."

The woman smiled, cupping the doorknob as her apprentice turned to leave, after fetching her hamper. "You're welcome."

"Naruto-kun said, before we have a child, we have to create a peaceful and unified world for him or her to live in first. Kurenai-sensei," her eyes closed as her lips curved up into a warm smile. "I'll also contribute to making the world a better place, for your baby, too."

Kurenai's eyes quivered. Though their words are different, Shikamaru said the same thing. "Hinata... Thank you..."


A gentle breath of the cool night's air drifted into the room through an open window. Hinata folded her fingers over her wedding ring and squeezed, her cheeks flushed, sleek locks of her hair framing her adorable round face.

It was about time she began her journey home — but the smell of him on the sheets and the traces of spiritual energy that lingered on the fabric made her loathe the idea. His scent had all but vanished from his bed now, utterly replaced by that of her own.

Lying on her side, the princess reached for his spare forehead protector and curled into a ball, her bent knees bracing against her chest. Her heart was a glum rhythm in her ears — an unpleasant pace that spoke of her unrelenting anxiety.

With a sigh, her eyes hooded as she slowly traced her finger over the smooth metal plate of the headband, her fingertip following the circular lines that illustrated the symbol of the hidden leaf village.

Hinata bit her lip.

She refused to consider all the tragic ways that Naruto's struggle for dominance over the Kyuubi could end. And, even if he walked away unfazed by this ordeal, what would become of, not only him, but everyone else who participated in the upcoming war — her family and friends?

Instead of pondering all the negativities, Hinata had strived on focusing to become stronger, to make a difference. But — each night she laid here on his bed, nestled by memories and heartfelt desires — she couldn't help but think, even for the faintest of moments, on the worse case scenarios that could transpire amidst the horror that lurked ahead.

Her eyes softened as she carefully eased her ring down the slender length of her engagement finger. Then, her attention shifted. Now, she slowly traced her pinky along the edge of the cube that contained her blue rose. Light refracted and reflected off the glass in a lovely, subtle glow.

The rose was sealed away from the world, isolated from the blemishes that would make it lose its luster and wither. Likewise, Hinata wished she could preserve and prolong what she shared with Naruto in the same fashion. But, at the same time, she didn't want to be separated from her friends and family. She wanted to fight alongside and protect them, as well.

Frustrated, she rolled onto her back and sprawled out in the center of the bed, her eyes a tad wild but pensive.

The Kyuubi shifted a little on his pillow stationed at the head of the bed. The deity must have been able to feel the gloominess and anxiousness radiating out from Her Highness's restless mass. But the canine remained asleep; knowing well it was not the one to quell her worries.


Unexpected Dreamboat


All evening, Hinata stared up at the ceiling, making friends with shadows on the wall, listening keenly to the whisper of reverie. All night, she heard voices telling her that she should get some sleep. That tomorrow might be a better day, maybe an ideal one for some manner of miracle.

Perhaps if she hoped hard enough — a wish stemming from the deepest reaches of her soul, then Naruto would come home to her. That's the thought her inner goddess invited, but they both knew it was a desire that would never gain form.

Minutes passed and, over time, Hinata's thoughts grew more placid. The ripples ceased, which opened up the possibility for sleep. But, just before she surrendered to exhaustion and plummeted into unconsciousness...

Knock - Knock!

"Hinata!" A feminine voice called, followed by another pair of loud thuds on the door. "It's Ino — open up!"

Our soon-to-be-bride quickly sat upright in bed, her eyes wide with surprise. The Kyuubi, on the other hand, merely tilted his head slightly and opened one passive eye.

"Hinata!" Ino knocked again. "I know you're in there; my information network is never wrong about these kinda things."

"Maybe she just wants to be alone," Tenten suggested.

"I would imagine she wants to be," Sakura concurred, well aware how the girl must be feeling. She felt it, too, and the miracle growing in her tummy constantly kept those feelings alive.

"That won't do," Ino returned, an edge of frustration to her tone. "We've already come this far; there's no sense backing down now. Plus, we're doing this for her..."

Just before she banged on the annoying wooden barrier again, the door swung open to reveal a disconcerted Hinata. "I-Ino-san, Tenten-san, Sakura-san... w-what are you all doing here? Has something happened?"

Ignoring her question, the blonde kunoichi took a hold of the girl's hand and began pulling her outside. The princess almost didn't get the chance to step into her slippers before she was yanked onto the balcony. "We're having a girl's night out and you're the main character."

"Ehh?"

Tenten grinned. "Hinata's Sensual Adventure — this is your story, isn't it? You should get used to all this attention."

"Sa-Sakura-san," Hinata cried. Her question had yet to be answered.

A bead of sweat sitting at her temple, Sakura smiled embarrassingly. "The bathhouse just reopened, so we all decided to hang out tonight."

"No exceptions," Ino added, pulling her along as though she was a small, disobedient child.

"B-But what about B-kun?"

The tiny deity closed his eye and drifted back into slumber.

"As much as I would want that cutie to come along, unfortunately no animals are allowed."

"Besides," Tenten smiled as she followed them along the corridor. "We won't be out long."

"B-But—"

"No butts!" Ino snapped.

"Don't worry," Sakura reassured. "I'm sure he'll be just fine."

"…H-Hn."


Hinata was reluctant to take her clothes off, and the warm mist that drifted into and veiled the changing room did little to persuade and coax her into it. But, as she watched the others comfortably stripped down to freshly shaved gynies and pink-tipped nipples over an interesting conversation, she knew she would eventually follow suit, to refrain from being the odd character out in the group.

Chibi-G cupped her hips and tilted her chin arrogantly.You also have a perfectly shaved vagina, and your breasts are bigger than theirs are, so why are you hesitating?

Hinata squeaked, turned to stone, and crumbled into oblivion. Then her soul began to ascend out of her motionless body, but chibi-s quickly grabbed its tail. Safe!

Pursing her lips, tense with nervousness, the princess faced the shelf upon which she chose to fold her cloths and made haste to undress so that she could steal into one of the many sectional shower stalls. But, she was so focused on hiding her body, that she didn't remember leaving something important out in the open — something she held most dear; something that visibly acted as the red string of fate.

"H-Hinata!" Ino sounded astound. "For an introvert, I didn't know you were into such flashy accessories..."

The princess gasped, trailing the girl's gaze to the ring that sat on her finger. Blushing, she cupped her knuckles and brought her hands to her chest.

Suddenly, Ino broke into a sweat and it wasn't due to the steam from the hot spring on the other side of the room. "Wa-Wait! Isn't that... an engagement ring?"

"Eh!" Tenten exclaimed, her bra falling from her hand to the ground in her shock. "Are you seriously telling me that Naruto... proposed to you?"

Sakura's eyes popped open at the likely truth of that. "Is that true, Hinata?"

Our Snugglie-wugglie heaved a coy smile, and her blush spread from her cheeks to her ears. Then she closed her eyes as she held the ring close, as if whispering a prayer for her love's safe return.

"Using a ring to represent a marriage proposal is a foreign custom, isn't it? I didn't know Naruto was such a classy romantic!"

Arrested by a sudden wave a reverie, Hinata's eyes drifted open with a warm, almost lascivious gleam. "Naruto-kun is more than romantic," she whispered without thinking.

"Ehhh?" Ino pouted hotly. "You're kinda making me jealous now!"

"And curious," Tenten added.

Sakura didn't say anything, but the quivering light in her eyes spoke of her jealousy and curiosity, as well. As kids, both she and Hinata had their heart stolen in the same timeframe, so why was it that only Hinata was the one being granted all her wishes?


The grey and blue cobblestones that made up the floor complemented the aquamarine tiled walls of the open room. The bath partitioned into different sections forming an elaborate design, and a massive landscape wallpaper of a coastline and mountain range was depicted on an entire dimension of the four walls.

It was all very lovely. But Hinata didn't get the chance to survey and admire the new changes made to their favorite bathhouse. The girls were more interested in her private affair with the seemingly amazing and chivalrous Naruto Uzumaki — and they stared at her demandingly with folded fists, like spoil children peeving to be fed more sweets.

Hugging her breasts sheepishly, hair swept up in a ponytail at the side by a scrunchy, our Hyūga princess tried to avoid their vigorous assault, her heart hammering a violent tattoo in her poor chest.

"Hinata..." Ino began boldly, staring. "Your breasts seem a bit bigger somehow."

"I-Ino-san!" Almost automatically, she bent her knees, submerging into the bath to the point where the water was just a few inches below her nose. Bubbles rose to the surface as she whimpered in protest.

"Naruto hasn't been grouping them, as he?"

Hinata averted her eyes as a fiercer blush crept into her cheeks, the telling response stirring the girls' curiosity even farther. And they gazed unswervingly at her — demanding very, very detailed answers that they bent on receiving.

Tenten pushed her back off the wall of the bath and took a step closer to the embarrassed Hyūga, her thirst for answers fueling her assertion. "Have you two already... done it?"

Both Hinata and Sakura felt their heart skipped a beat in their abject shock, switching into a higher gear as panic swamped them. They couldn't possibly admit something so private and embarrassing. There was just no way!

"It," Ino repeated shyly, some vaguely familiar warmth pooling in her tummy. "Naruto and Hinata? I can't imagine that and yet—" she looked to the nubile princess, assessing her voluptuous curves and irresistible charm.

"You guys have at least kissed, haven't you?" Tenten pried. "I mean, if Naruto's already proposed, then you both must have already done that much."

"Com'on, Hinata — you can tell us girls!"

"Ino, Tenten-san — we shouldn't pry," Sakura chided. "You're making her uncomfortable. We brought her here to relax, remember, not to interrogate!"

The guilt settled in.

Ino sighed in a mixture of emotions, but the regret was evident on her face. "I'm sorry, Hinata... I got a little carried away there."

"Yeah, me, too," Tenten agreed. "Sorry about that."

There was a brief spell of silence wrapped in gloom, and then Her Highness raised her hand from the water to look up at her wedding band through the rising mist. "Naruto-kun went through great lengths to get the stone that dwells within this ring." She smiled. "They are connected Naruto-kun and this stone; it changes color in accordance to his emotions, and cracks whenever he's hurt."

Ino and Tenten sighed in astonishment.

Sakura, on the other hand, couldn't help but feel a bit morose. And she couldn't subdue and torch the climbing ivy of her jealousy. The only thing that Sasuke had left her was a rose, and it perished with time. Had his feelings for her perished with time, as well? Their latest encounter seemed to convince her of that, and she couldn't push that reality away no matter how hard she tried.

"The color is yellow right now..."

"And what emotion does yellow represent," Ino inquired.

Hinata chuckled softly. "Fear. It's nighttime, so Yamato-sensei must be doing that thing with the flashlight again, most likely while telling a scary story."

Tenten couldn't help but laugh. "The hero who singlehanded defeated Pain is fazed by a scary story? That's pretty lame."

Sakura inched a bit closer. "I heard that Naruto fought and won against your father when he declared that you two couldn't be together… taking into account the customs of the Hyūga clan."

"What? Really?" Ino was flabbergasted.

"Is that really true, Hinata?" Tenten couldn't believe it. "Did Naruto really do that for you?"

The princess nodded with a smile, her eyes gleaming with the same awe and appreciation she had showed Naruto when he liberated her from the binds of her clan.

"That's so sweet and amazing. It's incredible that he managed to defeated the head of the Hyūga clan. Considering Neji's skills, I thought they were invincible."

With an enigmatic expression, Ino pushed to her feet and slowly approached Hinata, her breasts bouncing with each step she took. "What's it like... being with Naruto?"

She thought her question would have come off as being a little bit strange, but Tenten also drew closer, the curiosity in her eyes mirroring that of Ino's. She wanted to know, too.

And Her Majesty peered into their bright eyes, as if searching for or weighting the likeness of some unforeseen truth. "Being with Naruto-kun is more fulfilling than I ever imagined anything could be. He's very kind and gentle, supportive and understanding, determined and selfless — and moves mountains to protect me, both physically and emotionally."

Her eyes drifted close as a smile touched her lips anew, and she held herself just a tad tighter. "Whenever we're alone, Naruto-kun carries himself with a certain grace and majesty that takes my breath away. He's made me feel things that I've never felt before — wonderful and addicting things! There are times when his eyes are especially distracting, enchanting, and his smile takes a hold of my entire body, igniting flames all about. His hands are soft and consoling, his presence, like a soothing breath of fresh air. It's very hard to be away from him."

By this point, the girls were just a feet away from Hinata, reeled in by the passion and fascination of her words; by the renewed impression of Naruto Uzumaki with which they were instilled. All of a sudden, he was an incredible dreamboat of the highest caliber they wished they had the chance to sample. They underestimated and shunned him growing up, missing their chance to be perpetually enchanted by his charm and affection.

Hinata's eyes hooded with a brilliant gleam. "Naruto-kun has a wonderful way with words—"

"Naruto does?" Ino couldn't believe it.

The princess nodded, reminiscing. "Sometimes... he speaks in certain way that makes it difficult to breathe. And he always finds the right words to say, and at that ideal moment.

Without warning, he often times pull me close and whisper quietly in my ear. It's unnerving... and very exhilarating at the same time. It's hard to coordinate myself in those moments and my heart would race as he holds me close." Just as it is now...

It must have been contagious — because the girls' hearts played a wild tattoo in their chest, and they swallowed passed that hot lump in their throat, their body enflamed by the sensationalized version of Hinata's description.

Ino heaved a long sigh in her amusement, her body a silent mass of aches and needs. "You're living the dream, Hinata!"

"The dream?"

"Yeah," Tenten blushed, her light brown nipples hard in her post-arousal.

"All girls dream to one day get married to a strong, handsome, and dreamy guy." Ino informed, sneaking behind Hinata to grope her chest. The princess let out cute shriek. "How do you get your breasts so soft? Does that rumor about soaking in a tub of milk actually work?"

Hinata blushed fiercely, struggling to break free. Ino may be a girl, but only Naruto was allowed to touch her privates! "No, Ino-san! Don't squeeze them," she pleaded adorably.

"Your skin is so smooth and silky," Ino whimpered, her breasts flushed and squished against the girl's back. "Just how much more do you want me to envy you?"

Sakura watched as Tenten and Ino ganged up on Hinata, her eyes fixed on the girl's bouncing bosom. The Hyūga princess was endowed to the point where she was overflowing; she couldn't contain her creamy curves.

Sakura hung her head low, a bleak thundercloud settling over her head as she compared her chest to that of her rival's. Sadly, there was no comparison. It wasn't fair! Even Tenten and Ino were far better off than she was, especially Ino. Her best friend always had the body of a super model, even when they were younger. And, whatever she lacked physically, she made up with charisma and lots of self-confidence.

Sakura frowned enviously, a malicious aura rolling off her flushed skin. As the girls giggled and laughed while they teased and torment Hinata, the troubled cherry blossom couldn't help but feel offended. Her mind warped the sounds that she heard, converting them into grotesque snickering and cackles of pure ridicule, shrilling sounds befitting a heinous fiend.

If she would never be fortunate enough to have a better bust-line, then she would at least know the silky softness of one more gifted. With a dark smirk, she charged toward Hinata with wiggling fingers, like a beast, and the princess let out scream. But her fate was already sealed.


Judgment was dealt by Karma's hand — a perpetual burn engraved upon the girls' very flesh. Unfortunately, the victim was also subjected to the same retribution that befell her assailants.

"It hurts!" Ino complained, sitting on her heels around a knee-length table in the changing room, battling with a case of inflammation from overexposure to the water.

"And the cushions aren't helping to minimize the pain whatsoever," Tenten added frustratingly.

"Well, that's what you guys get for teaming up on poor Hinata and staying in the bath too long." Sakura stood towering over them, her smile mocking.

"You're one to talk," Ino retorted curtly. "Your skin is just as messed up as ours!"

"Plus, you were teasing Hinata, too," Tenten reminded quietly, calmly sipping on a cup of tea.

"Humph!" The girl cocked her head to the side, her skin a lighter pink than theirs.

"Sakura!" Ino was suddenly frantic. "It's not fair that you're able to heal your skin! Heal ours, too! Don't be so inconsiderate! "

She looked down at them, to the superior jut of their breasts behind the ivory towel, feeling a sharp prick of jealousy. "Never!"

"What? Why?"

"The pain will make you guys reflect on the error of your ways."

"Are you really in any position to say that," Tenten asked, bringing a rice ball wrapped in seaweed to her mouth.

"And what about Hinata? She doesn't deserve this."

Sakura veered her attention to the Hyūga princess who was gazing down at her thighs, locked in thought. "She should be able to heal herself, too… unlike some incompetent people."

Ino ignored the girl's rudeness and called out to Hinata.

"Oh, umm... don't worry about me — I'll be fine!" She failed at a wholehearted smile before reaching for a rice ball from the batch on the table.

Sakura seated herself beside Ino and retrieved her cup of tea, wondering if the girl was silently sulking over the way they all teased her earlier.

Tenten swallowed another mouthful followed by a sigh, and then her eyes were a bit serious. "You were staring at your ring just now. Is something a matter?"

Sakura and Ino eagerly awaited her reply. Uzumaki Naruto was an interesting topic to discuss these days, especially when Hinata explained the ways he would breathtakingly tug at her desire.

The princess shook her head, a soft, dismissive tone in her throat. "I was just thinking about Naruto-kun. I can't help but think of him whenever I'm about to eat. I hope he had something nice to eat, as well… whenever his quest has taken him."

Hinata...Sakura knew the feeling.

"That's so sweet," Ino teased.

"Can you tell what he's doing right now?" Tenten wondered.

"Etto…" The princess brought her finger to her face, studying the imbue that settled in her important crystal. "The color keeps drifting back and forth from purple to gray, which means he's thinking of me while falling asleep."

"Aww!" Ino cupped either sides of her face, her cheeks flushed. "That's SO sweet!"

Hinata's eyes hooded, damp tendrils kissing her soft, plump cheeks. "When Naruto-kun confessed his love for me, I began loving him more than I ever did before." She cupped her hands at her chest. "But that means I worry even more about him, too.

I want these feelings, this bliss, to last forever — that's why I accepted his proposal. And with what little power I have, I will protect him and our bond."

"Hinata..." Tenten was awestruck, while Sakura was plunged deep into thought. Anything regarding Naruto and Hinata did that to her these days.

"Hinata... I really am happy for you," Ino began. "You've been chasing after that idiot for so long, but you were always like a second shadow within his own. Now, you're the brightest light in his world. And he even proposed to have that light all for himself forever."

"That's right." Tenten agreed.

Ino smiled a wanly smile. "I would be lying if I said I weren't envious of you. Sai's nothing like you've described Naruto to be. How about we have a trade?" She grinned playfully.

Hinata pursed her lips. She didn't find that manner of joke funny at all. In fact, she loathed the preposition in both humor and utter seriousness. "No, Naruto-kun's mine!" She asserted passionately.

Both girls gasped in surprise, intimidated by Hinata's rare scowl.

Wide-eyed, Sakura gaped at the slightly hostile princess. She had never seen her react this way before. Was Naruto's love so precious, so sweet, that she would endeavor to protect and cherish it so uncharacteristically? Truly, this was a rare sight to behold.

Ino couldn't suppress the guilt that Hinata's solemn words evoked inside her — a dark, tormenting guilt that rode upon her conscience. And Sakura knew the feeling, too. They knew exactly what they had done why they were guilty. They knew apologizing was inevitable, but they preferred doing it privately. Until then, both girls would savor the ephemeral peace that togetherness had brought them, leaving all the complications for later.

"I-I'm sorry!" Hinata bowed her head frantically, almost spilling her tea. "I don't know what got over me; I shouldn't have raised my voice like that."

"Don't sweat it, Hinata," Ino reassured with a smile. "Your love wouldn't be so true, if you weren't this possessive of your boyfriend."

"Fiancé," Tenten corrected neatly.

"Even more so," Ino added with a grin.

Hinata frowned remorsefully. "But still—"

"Do you want me to grope you again?" She threatened.

The princess hugged her breasts defensively and cringed. "N-No!"

Sakura and Tenten chuckled.

"Then let's enjoy the rest of our night together! We can get some ice-cream on our way home."

The girls cheered in blissful agreement.

Ino smiled mischievously. "Sakura desperately needs some ice-cream to work on her boobs."

"WHAT WAS THAT, INO-PIG?" The girl snapped, growling like a hostile beast.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME, MEGA-FOREHEAD?"

Did you guys like the fact that Kaguya was apart of the war - or would Madara be just fine?
  • Scrap Kaguya! Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Madara would've been fine as the final boss! Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I don't mind either way! Votes: 3 75.0%
Total voters: 4
2