Chapter 3
1.7k 6 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sighed. 'This didn't work as intended.' I glanced upwards and Anna was looking down at me with lust-filled eyes. 'Here goes nothing.' I opened my mouth, Anna began to breathe heavily in anticipation and I gave her a sinister smile before biting down hard on her white creamy thigh.

"Ouch!!" She shouted. Her hand grabbing my hair and yanking my head back. I laughed playfully, Anna stared angrily at me and I just gave her a sweet innocent smile.

"You need to be punished." She threatened. She brought a finger up in the air and it began to emit a chilly aura, menacingly she brought it down slowly at my chest.

"Wait! Wait!" I begged. "I need rest so I just wanted you off me." I waved my hands for her to stop a hint fear showing through my face.

"Hmm" she hummed with her head tilted seeming to ponder. She drop her dangerous finger and I sighed in relief. She scooted down placing her curvaceous ass on my stomach and lay down on my chest, drawing soothingly onto my shoulder with her fingers, she seemed to like touching and making her finger draw meaningless shapes onto my skin.

I relaxed into her soothing touch and stroked her blue silky hair without much thought. "On second thought I want to go outside and look around. Anyway don't you have a job to do?"

Anna hummed in contentment before moving her head closer to my neck and my ears. My nose twitch at her wintery scent and I closed my eyes letting my thoughts wander to the memories of white Christmas, fireworks and bright Christmas lights that fill the streets with wonder and excitement.

"I thought you needed to rest. And well not really, I'm the queen and I have subjects that does my work for me. After all if I have to do them myself, what purpose do they serve." She said with chuckle. Her soft voice tickled my hair and I squirmed a little.

"So can I?" I gave her my best puppy eye look before she sighed and relented. She produced a bell out of nowhere and rang it, I stared at her in confusion before the door opened and girl in a maid uniform came in the room. I stared at this slack jawed. She had pointy ears like an elf, horns at the sides of her head and small cute face.

I must have stared at her too long because Anna is giving me an angry glare. I laughed awkwardly and tried to explain myself.

"I.. I just never seen one before." I stuttered awkwardly. I cast my gaze downwards to hide my reddening face.

"Prepare some clothes." She ordered with an authoritative voice and the maid bowed her head respectfully and left the room, she did not glance in my direction even when Anna mentioned that the clothes were for me.

"I feel like she hates me." I told Anna. She just smiled wryly at this and softly kiss me. I was getting use to her invasive and impulsive action and I let her part my lips with her tongue as she intertwined her tongue with mine. She broke off the kiss and wrap her hands around me pushing my head on top of cleavage.

"Well, they're not allowed to look at you, since your mine." She replied sheepishly. I gave her a blank accusing stare.

"What? You're pretty." She said defensively. I rolled my eyes at her flimsy excuse.

*****

I slowly walked out of the room now dressed in a white tunic and black trousers partnered with a red coat embedded with precious stones. It definitely looks impressive considering I'm now walking talking treasure trove. Anna just sported a massive smile when she saw me.

"Red looks nice on you." she complimented checking me out from every angle. I just gave her a wry smile. She held out her hand and I took it as she led me through the long hallway of her castle. Along the walls were portraits of landscapes I've never seen before. We exited out on a large room, as I glance to the side I spotted a large throne decorated in black gemstones that shines ever so slightly. The arm-rest had a hideous skull attached on each one and behind the throne was a dragon, I assumed dead because it was frozen in place.

"Whoever created that sculpture must have been amazing," I told Anna in awe. Anna laughed and hugged me from behind.

"What?" I asked her genuinely confused about why she laughed.

"That's a real dragon that I killed and I preserved it using my power," she whispered. My eyes widened in shock.

"No way!" I said in disbelief, looking back at forth at the dragon and the woman that killed it. I squirmed out of her embrace and went up slowly forward to the dragon corpse. Even dead the dragon had an oppressive aura. My heart rage against my chest as I got closer, I touched it and immediately drew my hand back as it was cold. I felt like if I touched it any longer my fingers would have contracted frostbite.

I tremble slightly now noticing the icy chill of the throne room. Anna led me away as she noticed me shivering from the cold.

"Don't get close as my magic affects the temperature around the perimeter of the throne." Anna led me to the centre and the temperature returned to normal. "Don't worry your coat should warm you up soon enough, it's enchanted with heat magic," she assured me.

"Come darling." she beckoned.

Outside of the throne room were men dressed in armour as black as night each one of them was impressive and had an imposing aura. As we passed through them they bowed their head in greetings.

"You're highness."

An elderly gentleman approached us. His hair was white and he had impressive-looking horns that branched out all over the place and one his eyes were covered in an eye patch. He looked towards me and gave a friendly smile.

"I'm glad you're looking a lot better, ehh....." he paused, his eyes asking for my name.

"Lyle."

"Ahh.. greetings your highness Kyle, it's my great pleasure to finally meet the man that stole the queen's heart. I am Sebastian Grandmarshal of the Queens army" he laughed as he introduced himself, placing his hand across his chest as he bowed,

"H..high..ness??!" I stuttered. 'What? Since when am I royalty?'

Anna nodded her head approvingly. "We have not set the date of our marriage yet, Sebastian. Is the army ready?"

'Marriage? What the fuck?' I felt weak in the knees and I felt my head's gone blank. I leaned my head against Anna's shoulders for support. Anna turned towards me worryingly.

"Are you okay? Do you want to go back to my chambers for some more rest?"

I shook my head. 'I will organise all this information I just heard and will confront Anna about it later, I don't really want to have an argument with her with all these people around.'

"I want to get some fresh air," I told her.

She pondered slightly but still nodded her head. She then ordered the twenty soldiers that were guarding the entrance to the throne room to guard and accompany me on my walk as she had something to discuss with Sebastian.

"Anna.. I don't think this much is necessary." I complained. She fixed me a hard stare.

"Either they come with you or you're not going anywhere at all. These men will ensure you're safe and that nothing happens to you."

"Don't worry these men are the queen's guards and not even a dragon will be able to touch a single strand of your hair." she boasts as she touches my black hair fondly.

"Fine! but since this is your domain shouldn't I be safe already." I tried to reason one more time.

"Yes but I don't want to take any chances. You are still a human in demon lands. There are some people who will use you for their own gains."

I hang my head in defeat, I know what she said makes sense but I won't be comfortable with twenty bulky men dressed in obsidian armour that has spikes everywhere.

The tallest and who looks to be the strongest approach me steadily. I backed away a little bit as he was very intimidating.

The man took his helmet off showing short red hair and his long and pointed furry ears. He had a small horn in the middle of his forehead and the complexion of his skin is grey. 

"Don't worry my lord me and my men will keep you safe. We will not get in your way at all. It's will be like were not even there." he flashed me with a reassuring smile, showing the whites of his pointed teeth.

"My Queen does not need to worry, we will not let a single thing happen to your precious fiance." he bowed deeply.

Anna's aura began to surge and envelope whole room, covering the whole space with a thin sheet of ice. Oddly enough I wasn't affected but everyone was now shivering and absolutely terrified.

"I will leave him in your care Bastill but if I see even a scratch on him you will pay with your heads." Anna said icily, her tone deadly serious. Her aura grew heavy and the mana in the air went into a frenzy, forcing everyone apart from myself to kneel to the floor.

Sebastian lowered himself even more while shivering.

"I will protect him with my life, you're highness," Bastill said fearfully.

'I'm only going to the back garden of the palace.' I thought, dumbfounded by this whole ridiculous spectacle. I walked up to the terrifying Anna and grasp her hand in mind. "Can you stop overreacting," I whispered quietly.

"I can always accompany and then we can both to the garden together." 

Anna's eyes softened as she took me in her arms and kissed my forehead softly.

"No, this is important and I'd rather you not part of it," she replied mysteriously. I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously.

"You're hiding something from me." I accused. Anna just went quiet, I looked at Sebastian but he just looked away, legs still shaking.

"Fine, I won't pry." 

'It's probably has something to do with sensitive information that concerns the kingdom it probably does not concern me.' I reasoned in my head.

47