Chapter 12- Victorious
158 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Split

Separated from Sis and trapped in a false building, Bro hunched behind a stack of plywood while firing at the enemy outside. Two cartel gunmen lobbed rounds at him from a concrete barrier in the street. He’d lost sight of the other men they arrived with, the ones shooting at Sis. 

Things got worse. Four more Romero gunmen joined the two firing at him. Now six against one. And Bro’s rifle was down to three rounds. He had to get out of there.

Leaning against a wall, Bro eyed the space for a way out. But at that moment the gunmen opened fire again. “Shit!” he dove behind the wood for cover. But while the shooting increased, none of the enemy bullets hit the building. “What the heck?” He peeked out the window, “Huh?”

Two of the six gunmen now lay dead in the street. While the remaining men fired at someone down the block. They’re not even paying attention to me anymore. Bro crawled under the window to get a glimpse of who the gunmen battled. It can’t be Sis, she went the other way. And just as he glanced out, an impetuous, ponytailed vision in body-armor ran down the block firing a G3 like a boss. 

"Angel?" Bro’s spirit lifted as the Rifle Girl blasted a third gunman before diving for cover under intense fire. Damn, she’s OP. 

Rammed  

Juan Pablo, one of the four men who exited the enemy vehicle, spotted the American girl in the middle of the road with her male partner. He would have hit them with the car if she hadn’t shot at them. But splitting the two also worked. Now, with the male pinned down in a building on the other side of the block, Juan Pablo had the girl isolated behind a concrete barrier. The head enforcer and his driver, Pancho, kept her head down with a volley of fire. But she shot back. 

“Pancho, we’ll hit her on both sides. When I start shooting, you run right and draw her fire. I’ll go straight at her and kill her.” Juan Pablo said. 

“Ok!” 

Juan Pablo shot bursts at the American girl, who ducked, “Pancho, go!”

Firing his weapon while running, Pancho dashed to the right, keeping the girl pinned. Juan Pablo seized the opportunity and charged forward at the girl’s cover. But as Juan Pablo reached halfway, Pancho dropped dead in the street from a headshot. 

“Eh? Pancho?”

Concrete

As soon as the big man started firing at Sis, she read their strategy. She dropped and rolled to the opposite end of the barrier. Aiming her rifle from the ground, she waited and fired at the gunman who ran right.

"Amateurs," Sis muttered when the man fell dead from a single headshot. But she quickly jumped back up to engage the bigger enemy racing to her position. “Come on!” she growled and fired three rounds as soon as the man reached the barrier. 

But the big dude shot back with an AK burst. Both Sis and the man ducked the blasts. Then, at the same time, they both ran out of ammo. 

“Fuck!” Sis pulled and fired her sidearm point-blank at the man. But the enemy mirrored her by whipping out a forty-five revolver and shooting at Sis. 

Pop! Pop! Pop! They both hit their targets.

“Yaaaah!” Sis screamed as a bullet ripped the lower part of her hand, forcing her to drop the gun and reel back. 

The big man recoiled after taking two shots to his body armor. He appeared dazed but still alive. Sis’s shotgun remained strapped to her back, but with her injured hand she couldn’t wield the weapon. And although the big man fell, she still had to avoid his next pistol shot. In haste, Sis turned and darted to the edge of the barricade. But just as she dove for cover, the punch of a bullet struck the side of her armor, “Goddammit!” she cried out from the darting pain of the blast but recovered and charged straight at the man. “You fuck!” Sis jumped and landed a flying kick to the man’s chest, dropping him and the forty-five to the ground. She followed the move with a stomp to his face with her boot heel. 

But the big man caught her foot and gut punched her, "Oof!" The brute-strength blow knocked Sis to the dirt. 

“Dumb whore!” he swore as he rose to one knee with a knife pulled from his waistband. Sis, unimpressed, hopped up and threw another kick. But the man slashed her cowgirl boot with the blade.

"Ah!" She winced back from the strike while the man glared at her. 

“Americana, my name is Juan Pablo. And I’m gonna slit your throat!” He charged forward, slicing at Sis. The bounty huntress dodged and weaved, avoiding the violent swings. But the cocky Sis had to admit that Juan Pablo was strong. And with her injured hand, she couldn’t go toe-toe with him. She had to time him right. 

When the big man slashed down at her again, Sis caught his arm and cracked his wrist with a knee strike. The big man cried out, “Gaah!” as the knife fell to the road. 

But after executing the move, Sis reeled in agony. “Fuck!” she cried out. Her wounded hand couldn’t take the motion, and she stopped to clutch it. Juan Pablo took advantage and shoulder-rammed her into the concrete barricade, “Aahh!” she yelped, still grasping her wrist. 

Yet, even in the throes of pain, Sis was a trained fighter. On pure muscle memory, she dropped, spun, and swept Juan Pablo’s legs. The big man fell on his back with a thud. And before he could recover, Sis threw her leg on his neck and locked his arm in a brutal submission hold.  

“Rahh!” the man growled as she arm-bar bent his elbow back until it snapped, “GRAAAAH!!!” 

“You wanna cut me, huh?” She growled, leaping up to recover the knife on the ground. 

“Fucking cunt!” Juan Pablo howled while edging backward, gripping his elbow.

“I'll show you a cunt!” The bounty huntress screamed and surged forward, stabbing Juan Pablo’s neck, arms, and face repeatedly. "This is me fucking you!" she shouted while snarling with every strike. 

"Gaaah!" he gurgled as she assailed him in a blind fury. The attack forced him back, where he desperately flailed and kicked at Sis, striking her more than once. But her relentless blitz sapped his lifeblood as the girl cut him repeatedly with the blade. Over and over, the savage assault continued until Juan Pablo, bloodied from head to toe, fell to the ground and stopped moving. A moment later, the big man's crimson-stained shirt, face, and armor were all that remained. His body, a lifeless corpse. 

Gasping with every breath, Sis stood over the enforcer, “My name is Juan Pablo, you, stupid fuck! I knew who you were the second you drove down the block!" Sis growled with a wobble, "That's why I lured you away from my brother so I could stab you, you pussy!” she boasted before falling on her ass, exhausted, bleeding, and victorious. "That’s right, bitch! You should’ve paid me not to kill you, but you didn't. Now look at you," Ptew! She spit on the ground. 

 I told you I’d get you!

 

Sis with her SCAR-17 Battle Rifle

illustrated by Fuyuure

 

 

6