Chapter 4 – A little job
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a day like any other, two enemy camps were in their camps far from each other from east to west, amid small forests and large meadows, preparing for the battle between them.

In the western camp, in the main tent, a meeting was currently taking place consisting of the general in charge, his 2 colonels, a Marquez with 2 knights, 1 strategist with the rank of major, and 3 great magicians with the rank of lieutenants. To discuss the plans for the next confrontation, and in the midst of the heat, a mysterious voice came out of nowhere from the surroundings inside the tent.

"Hello, good afternoon my dear customers."

Hearing the mysterious voice, everyone became alarmed, with the general responding the fastest and ordering.

"Everyone leaves the camp and prepare yourselves, lieutenants scan the area."

Immediately, the group rushed out of the camp with weapons in their hands as they alerted the camp to search for the infiltrator, while the lieutenants deployed 2 spells, one that formed a mana field that covered the tent and the others performed spells that swept the area. Later, they were helped by other magicians to search the rest of the camp.

Unfortunately, neither the magicians nor the soldiers found traces of the infiltrator, so they had to give up since it was urgent to discuss the battle plans, so this time with the help of the magicians and some tricks, they gathered in any tent, in different order of arrivals and hidden with suits of common soldiers or by magic; Once inside they resumed the discussion, but nevertheless, just like the last time, in the middle of their conversation the mysterious voice sounded.

"Hello again my dear customers, you know it's a bit impolite to run away from the seller."

Once the voice was heard, the group carried out the same actions again but with more care, with the difference that this time they immediately exploited the camp with magic, but like the previous one, they found nothing, carrying a frustration with themselves while again they gathered in the tent, once inside they resumed the meeting again but this time with the nerves on edge, which shot up when the third time the voice sounded.

"Oh come on customers, wait don't go, I'm just trying to sell you a service."

But on this occasion, the general calmed the others, indicating that they should wait but be vigilant, as well as instruct the magicians to perform search spells, and then speak.

"Sorry if you are offended, but that a mysterious and uninvited voice speaks to us in this situation, we are very alarmed."

At this response, the voice spoke again

"Do not worry, and do not offend me, rather I'm the one who is being rude, so please excuse me and go ahead and continue investigating where I'm, no problem, but going back to business, look I'm a hitman, and I offer my services to you to end someone specific that will alleviate your problems, what do you think?"

Hearing the identity of the voice, the group became even more vigilant, but still, the general continued speaking.

"We think your objectives are very suspicious and dangerous, so explain why you are offering your services to us and in this situation."

Then the mysterious voice explained

"Well, you see, I was going on a trip looking for something to do, and in the process I found this little battle, which interested me and I began to see which side I liked best to give them my services and have some money, you know I am not very rich and the trips are not paid alone."

"But in the end, after investigating both camps, I decided on this one, since the others are some contents, they know they had mistreated slaves of all use, here and there, the conversations of their bosses and Soldiers about what they would do next were terrible compared to those of you who are only defending yourself, and only think of revenge and the victory party hehe, then satisfied with my reasons."

Clearly, the general was not satisfied with that stupid, trivial reason, but continued to question him anyway.

"Of course not, but I don't think we will come to anything if I continue to question you without torture, so let's continue, then explain, who do you have in mind to kill and we do not suggest someone"

At the question, the voice continued to respond as if nothing had happened.

"Oh well they will see, I already told you that I did not like them, and they will see I am a bit selective with my objectives, and this time your interests with mine fit, but leaving the motives, the objective that I have in mind is the enemy general and your subordinates, let me tell you that you are miserable pigs and deserve all death, but what you tell me is your goals in mind."

At the mention of the target, the people in the tent began to mutter to each other about this opportunity for a little while until the general calmed them down a bit, to continue arguing with their voices.

"Certainly your objectives coincide with us, but truthful with this suspicious situation and even more so with your stupid reasons we cannot avoid doubting your services, but it seems that you will not leave like that, so tell us, what is your request in return?."

Upon questioning, the voice responded humbly.

"I do not ask much, I'm doing this almost by vocation, I only ask for 3 bags of gold to take away, and I know that money is carried with you, hehehehe, and do not look at me wrong, it's only a third of what they have all accumulated in their chests, It is not that I was robbing you."

Immediately after the voice offer, the people in the tent pouted when they learned that the voice knew the money they had, but still, the general continued speaking.

"I see, but do you mind if we discuss it for a while before answering you?"

immediately answered the voice

"No, go ahead and discuss, I'm patient."

Then, everyone in the tent began to discuss the assassin's offer and the reasons why they were negotiating with someone so suspicious, until after half an hour they decided, the general being the spokesperson for the decision.

"We already decided, but before we want to know if you settle for 10 gold coins ?."

the voice answered the same as always.

"Of course, but then I'll take the rest without your permission hehehe."

After that answer, the general looked at his companions for an answer, who with a gesture of resignation indicated to him to continue.

"Okay, we accept the deal, once the general and his subordinates are dead, we will give you bags full of gold coins."

then the voice continued.

"Excellent, you will not be disappointed with my services, so this is what we will do, I will go to kill the targets, meanwhile you will put the bags on the table, that I will go to collect them later, but do not worry, I will make a small escaping in the enemy camp as a signal, I recommend attacking when that happens hehehe, but again do not worry, I will wait until they confirm the death of the targets."

Then the general said.

"Okay, I think you can retire now to do your job."

And finally, the voice said goodbye

"I will do that, my dear customers, so I say goodbye and I wish you all good health hehehehe."

After the farewell, the voice was no longer heard, but nobody was sure if he really left, but even so, he had to pursue his previous discussion and look just in case for the gold bags. When 1 hour had passed while they were still together, a soldier stood outside the tent saying.

"I have urgent news, permission to enter."

everyone present had a feeling of what was coming; being the general among those present the one who indicated him to enter and explain the news.

"My general, our scouts noticed, that the enemy camp is in chaos, there is fire here and it finds and people are running."

In his mind everyone thought, [It's the signal], without delay the general stopped, saying.

"We can't ignore this, all of us quickly get ready and let's go to the enemy camp at once."

Then without hesitation, they all left for the enemy camp, with many of their strength, resulting in a landslide victory because of an opponent in chaos, poorly prepared, and very little leadership.

Once the battle was over, the group of superiors began to search and investigate the whereabouts of the enemy general and his subordinates, finding, as a result, the death of all caused by a cut in the throat, caused by nothing, according to some surviving soldiers, at Hearing this, everyone in their minds felt fear in their being, and they thought together [How good it was not us, and how good we put the money], and remembering the money, they couldn't help wondering what had happened to them, The answer they got back was not finding the bags but instead a small note saying.

[It was a pleasure doing business with you].

 

0